Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )

Sooks

Phil D. Corners

Whatever the number is… it’s still and investment where the investor would expect a return. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boris5115
Just now, cauther col said:

Season tickets will be out early this year 😂

They start the bogof in February I think. 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Whatever the number is… it’s still and investment where the investor would expect a return. 

American’s do not get into football to lose money. The Black Knights “investment funds” 

investment funds exist to make money not ****ing chuck it down the drain .

a point lost on many 

colinmorewasgash
On 29/12/2023 at 21:20, buzzbomb1958 said:

Not just our players every team , football ,rugby , hockey , basketball among others have said it’s among the best they’ve used .There was also a team from England who came to a friendly up here raved about the facilities 

Yet Clarke and Carver slated it. I remember when they said in summer that hibs fans tht citeh were getting involved with them cause brian marwood visited the barn. But instead its smaller supported club with rich owner who wants to invest in more clubs where tht leaves hibs who knows but like everything they try im sure it will be fun to watch.

PaddysBar
3 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Yet Clarke and Carver slated it. I remember when they said in summer that hibs fans tht citeh were getting involved with them cause brian marwood visited the barn. But instead its smaller supported club with rich owner who wants to invest in more clubs where tht leaves hibs who knows but like everything they try im sure it will be fun to watch.

Clarke and Carver didn’t slate the Oriam. They slated one pitch, which Hearts don’t use. 

Edited by PaddysBar

vegas-voss

Wonder if Foley will question how they get 18k ( 🤣 ) at matches every game  then how the match game reviewing from being there is so low 🤣

Rick Sanchez
Hibs investor Bill Foley, if nothing else, does drama well and he now has Hibs fans on tenterhooks over the potential of Bournemouth sending a new arrival north. A South American talent is on the verge of joining the Cherries and Foley plans to send him out on loan - but will it be at Easter Road?

We're going to make an announcement in the next few days about a really exciting South American player who is going to come over and he will be loaned out for the balance of this year to one of our sister clubs,' said Foley. 'We are really trying to create a modest multi-club model where we can start players at Auckland FC, bring them to Hibs in Scotland, maybe to Lorient in France and maybe a Belgian team. 'But we progress them through that system so they get the playing time and then they come to Bournemouth. We then have an experienced 22-year-old who is ready to play Premier League football.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:
Hibs investor Bill Foley, if nothing else, does drama well and he now has Hibs fans on tenterhooks over the potential of Bournemouth sending a new arrival north. A South American talent is on the verge of joining the Cherries and Foley plans to send him out on loan - but will it be at Easter Road?

We're going to make an announcement in the next few days about a really exciting South American player who is going to come over and he will be loaned out for the balance of this year to one of our sister clubs,' said Foley. 'We are really trying to create a modest multi-club model where we can start players at Auckland FC, bring them to Hibs in Scotland, maybe to Lorient in France and maybe a Belgian team. 'But we progress them through that system so they get the playing time and then they come to Bournemouth. We then have an experienced 22-year-old who is ready to play Premier League football.

So basically Kuol or Ryo on a short term loan then ? Sound 

15 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

🤣 Aye cos that’s a sound business plan. We’ll send any promising talent to Hibs to get them ready to play Premier League football. They’ll play at some incredible venues like the Tony Macaroni Arena and the Global Energy Stadium. Alongside undoubted talent like Rocky Bushiri and Jimmy Jeggo. 

These freaks over the road will lap this up too 🤣

Edit - How could I forget to mention they’ll be working under the tutelage of one of Europe’s top coaches. Nick ‘4-4-2’ Montgomery. Who’s illustrious coaching career includes a season and a half in the Kangaroo leagues, nurturing generational talent like Jason Cummings. 

Edited by DS98

PapaShango
10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So basically Kuol or Ryo on a short term loan then ? Sound 

Think the player in question is from Ecuador and was linked to Man U and Celtic previously. Only 19. You can see the model but not sure I would like it at us, get players at a young age for 6 months to get them ready for the top team in their pyramid. Big risk and will surely stunt the young players coming through the club. Any decent player they produce is going to be sold to one of the teams in his portfolio and probably going to go for under market value as well. The Americans think that football is the same as their other sports when it’s completely different. The fans of his French side absolutely hate him as well.

3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Think the player in question is from Ecuador and was linked to Man U and Celtic previously. Only 19. You can see the model but not sure I would like it at us, get players at a young age for 6 months to get them ready for the top team in their pyramid. Big risk and will surely stunt the young players coming through the club. Any decent player they produce is going to be sold to one of the teams in his portfolio and probably going to go for under market value as well. The Americans think that football is the same as their other sports when it’s completely different. The fans of his French side absolutely hate him as well.

Yip , sounds absolutely shit tbh . A six month loan of teenagers ………. Wow how mind blowing

Speaking of their French club , I had a look on the Lorient forum to see what they thought about being a part of this pyramid of pish ……….. they do indeed hate it and him . Some American fan joined their forum and was all “ Gee guys isnt this exciting being a part of the Bournemouth family “ . To say the reception was frosty is an understatement :rofl: 

Genuinely not being snidey but rather them than us. I don't like the sound of it at all. 

We were part of a multi club hook up under Romanov but, at least, we were at the top of the pile. Even so, I was never happy being part of something like that.

It would appear Hibs will have young players in the chain foisted on to them, whether wanted or not. I would also imagine Foley would not want Hibs to deal with other clubs as far as loans are concerned. Why would he be happy with a club in his group potentially developing a young player from, say, Brighton or Burnley?

Glad it's not us.

EH11 2NL

So they are getting loanees. They were full of them in 2012, how did thay work out 🤣

Gorgie_Rules
3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Can’t really understand the point of the model if the end goal is for them to end up at Bournemouth.

As a Premier League club they have the financial resources to go out and sign players from clubs that are on the up in their career. The number of players who will progress through their ‘system’ to ultimately make the Bournemouth first team will be minimal.

scott herbertson
13 minutes ago, martoon said:

Genuinely not being snidey but rather them than us. I don't like the sound of it at all. 

We were part of a multi club hook up under Romanov but, at least, we were at the top of the pile. Even so, I was never happy being part of something like that.

It would appear Hibs will have young players in the chain foisted on to them, whether wanted or not. I would also imagine Foley would not want Hibs to deal with other clubs as far as loans are concerned. Why would he be happy with a club in his group potentially developing a young player from, say, Brighton or Burnley?

Glad it's not us.

Ditto

Also, your manager is going to HAVE to play said players, under orders. What must that do for formations, building a side, morale of the more permanent players?

22 minutes ago, martoon said:

Glad it's not us.

100 % Martoon . Obviously it will come across as bitter or something , but I would genuinely be gutted if this was us . I want no part of anything like this 

3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Sounds to me a bit like Hibs are second bottom in this pyramid tbh. They get guys that are too good for Auckland, but not good enough for Lorient or the Belgian league. Anybody that does show promise is wheeched away up the pyramid at the next opportunity.

We’ll see how it turns out in practice but I wouldn’t like the sound of this if it were Hearts - not even for the £6m extra investment.

And if Bournemouth were to have one poor season and be relegated, I’d worry where that’d leave the rest of the “pyramid”

Edited by liam11

buzzbomb1958
9 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Can’t really understand the point of the model if the end goal is for them to end up at Bournemouth.

As a Premier League club they have the financial resources to go out and sign players from clubs that are on the up in their career. The number of players who will progress through their ‘system’ to ultimately make the Bournemouth first team will be minimal.

Trying to bend the FFP rules that’s what it amounts to

3 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Sounds to me a bit like Hibs are second bottom in this pyramid tbh. They get guys that are too good for Auckland, but not good enough for Lorient or the Belgian league. Anybody that does show promise is wheeched away up the pyramid at the next opportunity.

We’ll see how it turns out in practice but I wouldn’t like the sound of this if it were Hearts - not even for the £6m extra investment.

And if Bournemouth were to have one poor season and be relegated, I’d worry where that’d leave the rest of the “pyramid”

I like it.

Agree with your last paragraph in particular. What happens at Bournemouth filters down. It could be great, European fitba etc, but a relegation seems a lot more likely, imo.

indianajones

Time will tell obviously but this sounds really worrying for Hibs.

Fingers crossed it becomes true. 

17 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Ditto

Also, your manager is going to HAVE to play said players, under orders. What must that do for formations, building a side, morale of the more permanent players?

The more I hear/read the worse it looks.

vegas-voss

So basically we are going to take a punt on players and if they are any good they will go to Bournemouth.If they are shit so what they won't be at Bournemouth , is what he is saying 🤣

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

100 % Martoon . Obviously it will come across as bitter or something , but I would genuinely be gutted if this was us . I want no part of anything like this 

Took all my might to fight being snidey, Sooks. 😀

However, I genuinely don't like the sound of it at all.

1971fozzy

It looks horrendous. Reading Lorient forums they hate him. And hibs will be further down.  Montgomery or whoever will be told to play players etc and they will lose them if any good and be stuck with garbage etc.

This has disaster written all over it.  It will be comedy viewing though

You can polish a turd, but it will always be a turd. Hibs are shite, and continue to fill me with nothing but pleasure. Keep doing what you’re doing as you do it so well.

Whitecapjambo

Makes Sense from a Bounemouth pov for a lot of reasons. Basically allows them to throw a load of shit at a wall and if any sticks it could be great for them getting a player or help with FFP.

Could be good for Hibs. Finer details of arrangement would be interesting to read. Could also be a bit shit.

Wouldn't like us to go down this road at this stage. Would rather not have many loanees. Think the way we currently go after 1 or 2 to fill gaps is fine but would hate to have more than that.

Yeah, as others have said, I wouldn't like this at hearts

They might get the odd gem of a player but then what? They lose them to a Bournemouth or possibly another team who are higher in the pyramid! 

Most Hibs fans must be worried about this deal. 

55 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

It looks horrendous. Reading Lorient forums they hate him. And hibs will be further down.  Montgomery or whoever will be told to play players etc and they will lose them if any good and be stuck with garbage etc.

This has disaster written all over it.  It will be comedy viewing though

I think part of the fun of football is hope - and this acceptance of taking a lower place on a pyramid kind of flies in the face of that. 

As others have said several times, I don't imagine Hibs will actually feel much tangible benefit on the first team. This isn't a billionaire looking to make Hibs competitive, this is a billionaire trying to make Bournemouth better, and everything they do will be in service to that. I think being so low on the pyramid, Hibs will be lucky to get 3rd rate loanees. Anyone decent will stay at Bournemouth, if not them, then either a Championship club, or a club higher in the pyramid. Remember Kuol? Thats probably the sum total of what they'll be getting. 

2nd bottom of a 6/7/8 club pyramid 

Forced to play and not own the players

Sounds horrendous 

Biffa Bacon

Sounds like a reserve team,which is all about producing players for the big team and results are secondary to this process.

Look at Hearts B, the lad Mackenzie Kirk has been a star performer, banging in a barrowload of goals. But the team is weakened by removing him for the rest of the season to go on loan at Hamilton. If it works out, and he progresses, we may see him playing for the first team. But what about rhe B team, and the chances of winning the lowland league? Well it would be nice if we did, but in the big picture, no one really cares, as progressing players is more important than winning trophies for this team.

stuart500
24 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Sounds like a reserve team,which is all about producing players for the big team and results are secondary to this process.

Look at Hearts B, the lad Mackenzie Kirk has been a star performer, banging in a barrowload of goals. But the team is weakened by removing him for the rest of the season to go on loan at Hamilton. If it works out, and he progresses, we may see him playing for the first team. But what about rhe B team, and the chances of winning the lowland league? Well it would be nice if we did, but in the big picture, no one really cares, as progressing players is more important than winning trophies for this team.

They won 12 nil last night against Edinburgh Uni without him. Biggest score ever in the Lowland League. 

You're right though. It's about developing players for the first team. Great to see progression of players through the ranks. We can't just speculate on players from far off lands in the hope they can start doing the business a season later.

Lots of promising youngsters in the pipeline hopefully.

Biffa Bacon
43 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

They won 12 nil last night against Edinburgh Uni without him. Biggest score ever in the Lowland League. 

You're right though. It's about developing players for the first team. Great to see progression of players through the ranks. We can't just speculate on players from far off lands in the hope they can start doing the business a season later.

Lots of promising youngsters in the pipeline hopefully.

Yes, but the point I was making is that Hibs may become nothing more than a "B" or feeder team, the main object is to produce successful players for the Big team (Bournemouth) and results of Hibs become insignificant or at least secondary. 

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Biffa Bacon said:

The B team can't win the Lowland League. James Wilson stepped into Kirk's boots ans scored a hattrick.

stuart500
6 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Yes, but the point I was making is that Hibs may become nothing more than a "B" or feeder team, the main object is to produce successful players for the Big team (Bournemouth) and results of Hibs become insignificant or at least secondary. 

Ok gotcha 😊. I agree Hibs could easily be in the shit under this proposed deal. They would be a small cog in a bigger wheel. Let's hope the mugs go for it 😁

Benzinho

Can any lurkers on losers.net tell me if there are there any Hibs fans asking serious questions about this, or is it just 'cross our fingers and toes and hope it makes us better than the yams'?

5 minutes ago, Benzinho said:

Can any lurkers on losers.net tell me if there are there any Hibs fans asking serious questions about this, or is it just 'cross our fingers and toes and hope it makes us better than the yams'?

This is at the top of the latest page in their thread on the subject -

The more I read about this minority share Foley is taking in Hibs the more I don't like it.

I don't like my club being fitted into Foley's structure.

There should be more concern on here that this deal is being brokered by The Gordon's and Kensell who have no affinity to Hibs and have only been in the door a couple of years. Foley certainly does not have any feeling for Hibs. 

Seems the club is going to be a revolving door of players coming and going with very little continuity. Mind you, this is how it's been since The Gordon's & Kensell appeared at the club.

There's a fair bit of ‘whistling in the dark’ along the lines of ‘worth a try/at least it will be different’ and somebody saying that being a revolving door club works for Celtic, but without recognising that Celtic actually buy and sell their own players, not someone else’s…… 

DalryJambo

So, Hibs could get, let's say, 6 loan players a season, and the best will move no ASAP. Each and every season they could get this volume coming through....but can't sell any of them themselves? They are purely the vehicle to get them experience and ready for the parent club. The best then move to the Premier League and possibly get sold for 10s of millions.

Will hibs bother with their own youth players, will they scout and sign any of their own players? Have they just sold themselves down the river and lost the 1 income stream that every once in a while actually brings in a spike of income that can make a difference to clubs like Hearts, hibs Aberdeen etc?

Why would a youth prospect join hibs now, knowing they have this system in place and it's in the owners interest to get players from far and wide parachuted into the squad at 19/20 year old? Maybe Hibs sourced players could also become part of this pyramid??

This could bring success, but it could also produce a very strange relationship between the players/club and in turn the fans.

Batistuta87
13 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It's a kid called Oscar Zambrano. His team want £5.5M and there's about half a dozen PL teams willing to pay it. He might not even end up at Bournemouth but if he does I highly doubt they'd let him go to Hibs. 

Famous 1874

So they are already 2nd bottom behind Lorient and Bournemouth, with Foley set to also acquire a Belgian and / or a Dutch side. 

Surely their fans can’t be lapping this up. Disaster almost guaranteed. Look at Lorient in Ligue 1 right now. Their fans are furious 

Lone Striker
20 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

So, Hibs could get, let's say, 6 loan players a season, and the best will move no ASAP. Each and every season they could get this volume coming through....but can't sell any of them themselves? They are purely the vehicle to get them experience and ready for the parent club. The best then move to the Premier League and possibly get sold for 10s of millions.

Will hibs bother with their own youth players, will they scout and sign any of their own players? Have they just sold themselves down the river and lost the 1 income stream that every once in a while actually brings in a spike of income that can make a difference to clubs like Hearts, hibs Aberdeen etc?

Why would a youth prospect join hibs now, knowing they have this system in place and it's in the owners interest to get players from far and wide parachuted into the squad at 19/20 year old? Maybe Hibs sourced players could also become part of this pyramid??

This could bring success, but it could also produce a very strange relationship between the players/club and in turn the fans.

Yeah, good post....  thats how I see it too.        WHat would a Hibs fan think after watching some foreign wonder kid   play well and score goals for (at most)   1 season, only to be moved to  the French team  on Foley's orders ? Nothing Hibs manager or board could do about it.   

And if  Hibs are  lucky enough to produce their  own wonder kid, Foley will move him to the French team after a few seasons - probably get some compensation or cut of his eventual transfer fee, but Hibs won't be able to dictate timescale or terms.

Wonder how Monty feels about all this.

cosanostra

Can't believe the tramps are into this? It has catastrophe written all over it. Pyramids are okay if its you at the top or even 2nd top and you can lean on the smaller clubs to develop players. Being at the bottom sounds like a thoroughly shit place to be. And they're volunteering for this? 🤣

I guess they're desperate people who are 2nd best in their own stadium so it's not that surprising they don't see the red flags.

DalryJambo
11 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yeah, good post....  thats how I see it too.        WHat would a Hibs fan think after watching some foreign wonder kid   play well and score goals for (at most)   1 season, only to be moved to  the French team  on Foley's orders ? Nothing Hibs manager or board could do about it.   

And if  Hibs are  lucky enough to produce their  own wonder kid, Foley will move him to the French team after a few seasons - probably get some compensation or cut of his eventual transfer fee, but Hibs won't be able to dictate timescale or terms.

Wonder how Monty feels about all this.

They could get to a cup final, just lose and rather than having optimism for the next season lose half their team!.

I also wonder if The Gordons could create some side company into which they could get paid commission for all the players who come through the club and go on to make money for the parent company? Like some sort of facilitation fee that just bypasses hibs completely.  What else is in it for the Gordon's? They've barely sold a player of there own, and all that money currently goes through the hibs accounts. This could massively unsettle the squad year after year and could also cause fan unrest. Must be something in it for them.

Edited by DalryJambo

What I don't understand about any of this is how does it not break all sorts of FFP rules? 

Let's say a really good player enters the pyramid.  Which club actually owns him?  I assume it can't always be Bournemouth because there are rules on how many players they can have loaned out at once (which as of July 2023, was set at 7 in, 7 out, changing to 6 next summer with some exemptions for U21s). Since there are many teams in the set up, they will have to go over this number fairly quickly. So that means that the player may end up being "owned" by Hibs. 

So what happens when it's time for that player to move up the pyramid?  How do they set the transfer fee without it being dodgy trading at best, money laundering at worst?  A nominal £1 fee from Hibs to Lorient would likely cause other interested teams to complain, and an internal multi million pound fee to themselves (i.e. the overall owners) can't be legal, so how does it work? 

Edited by tian447

gorgierulesapply88

Interesting everybody slating it before it's started. If he's throwing 6mill at infrastructure, I'm sure they'll reap dividends. If they are throwing money at players I'd imagine they'd want better than what they may have paid to get Boyle back for 5 minutes of brilliance.

Has it worked elsewhere? Probably not, Kisnorbo done well with managing in A league and then faltered in France as part of the city group. I'd have seen this as his step-up so to speak but given he's of Italian blood and knew little to no French it was always going to be an uphill struggle. 

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Interesting everybody slating it before it's started. If he's throwing 6mill at infrastructure, I'm sure they'll reap dividends. If they are throwing money at players I'd imagine they'd want better than what they may have paid to get Boyle back for 5 minutes of brilliance.

Has it worked elsewhere? Probably not, Kisnorbo done well with managing in A league and then faltered in France as part of the city group. I'd have seen this as his step-up so to speak but given he's of Italian blood and knew little to no French it was always going to be an uphill struggle. 

We might see an early benefit this transfer window with some loans into Hibs as a goodwill gesture/ sweetener from Bournemout and L'Orient - the have  clear deficiences esp with Campbell now out as well

Edited by scott herbertson

DalryJambo

It's interesting. This could bring success, but equally it could become a revolving door of players and a permanently unsettled squad. But thats maybe modern football? It seems we're always loosing 6-8 players each summer and bringing in about the same to replace them. Big thing for me is this system will be geared to help another team succeed, and success for hibs will be a secondary concern for this American guy.

• davemclaren changed the title to Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )