Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )

Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Reading that it is quite clear where the urgent maintenance is required . The Royal Ed would be my recommendation of where to start 

:4_1_72:

"Urgent maintenance".

Tynecastle's falling down right enough.

I sense another Lochend to Cooncil email campaign is on the cards.

It must be barry being a Hibby, likesay, ken?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ToadKiller Dog
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

:4_1_72:

"Urgent maintenance".

Tynecastle's falling down right enough.

I sense another Lochend to Cooncil email campaign is on the cards.

It must be barry being a Hibby, likesay, ken?

Remind which stadium a few years back had to make urgent emergency repairs to stands due to cracks appearing in the walls .sure it was a a place with lots of under used green plastic seats .

7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Don't think it has to be sniffed at or mocked just because it is Hibs. For Scottish clubs any investment is a boon as the TV deals keep going ti.ts up...

Having said this I suspect whatever happens will be for Bournmouth's benefit first and foremost, but that doesn't mean it will be detrimental to Hibs...

Agreed.   Its not beyond the realms of possibility that someone like him might show an interest in buying a stake in Hearts - maybe  to buy some or all of AB's shares ahead of her stepping down.   Given our collective disappointment at many of our signings, I'd not be against the idea of having a couple of loans from another club if the owner has a track record of picking the best of them to loan out as part of their development towards EPL level.   

Aberdeen have that Clarkson guy, we had Simms, Hibs had Youan.   Incoming loans can be a win-win when part of their wages are being paid by the owning club.

5 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Remind which stadium a few years back had to make urgent emergency repairs to stands due to cracks appearing in the walls .sure it was a a place with lots of under used green plastic seats .

The same stadium that looks like it was Meccano built with an awful club crest that was ditched 25 years ago?

DSC01514a.thumb.jpg.e968cab5b3b370693f31c43bbbb634b4.jpg

The only way to make a small fortune in football is to start with a large one. An old cliche.

Anyone buying into a club was successful somewhere at something but that does not mean anything when it comes to football.

Same old pattern- initial burst of enthusiasm followed by realisation there are very expensive costs, some playing staff other non football related. Player budget cut to deal with this, dip in form, another injection of cash but emphasis to be on youth development. Sell best players. Drop in form, owners get abuse, they get fed up and lose interest. New buyer comes along. And so on and so forth. 

No need for the rollercoaster. Even Romanov wasn’t our first rodeo, seen it before with Mercer and Robinson.

1 hour ago, Homme said:

Only Hibs could be feeders to a club smaller than they are.

For the life of me I can’t see this doing well. Having players forced on them and manager will be told to play them etc etc.

Id be dead against it. Happened in a way to us with the Lithuanians that Vlad brought over. A couple were decent but they were the exception. Can imagine similar. Also if a player does well at hibs like Boyle will he go to their parent club on loan or for peanuts etc.

got disaster written all over it

Dusk_Till_Dawn

All I would say is that the Vermin are utter shit so they might as well give this Foley thing a bash. It’s not like they’re about to amount to anything in their current guise.

as for us, if Hibs were to get their shit together, you’d soon see the excuses made for our ownership on here dry up. Part of the reason Budge and co get away with mediocre performance is because the vermin are even worse 

5 hours ago, Philfigo said:

A minority stake holder that makes investments in the club while the majority holder makes the decisions/control. It was spoke about on here a while back about how we would get fresh investment. We are limited as there's only so much we can put in via FOH as we ain't Billionaires and James Anderson albeit very wealthy seems to invest at a manageable levels for him. Only way would be a minority stake to be sold by FOH or a big sponsorship deal which is unlikely as we ain't exaclty hitting levels expected.

It's not as simple as that though, he has a minority stake in Lorient but they're a development side for Bournemouth now.

Meanwhile, he also owns a team in Las Vegas and is starting a new club in new Zealand. Hibs aren't top of this tree, they'll be a wee team for a team with a 11k stadium :laugh2:

7 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Not sure this happens anywhere else on the planet folks.

This is Hibs remember so its got to be a 1st.

.........and possible last..............!

The new West End
13 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Folk thinking Hibs will become like Girona.How many of these pyramid clubs are actually doing well ? And is it even really a priority if they do well if they ain't at the top of the pyramid ?

I think quite a lot of them are doing quite well

I predict Hibs will in 2 years time still be exactly where they are in stature now, but with a few bournemouth academy players & foreigners who aren’t able to meet the criteria for an EPL work permit 

13 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Hmm, ,Bill Foley. Taking the Mick. Bad deal for mankind 

Will the dude love them? Just wait, he'll cactus jack the prices up, that's for sure.

6 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Wish it was us, while FOH saved the club and gives you stability, on the park has been a bit of a borefest since. 

Suggest you have a wee read of the Lorient forum mate …… the second team in the pyramid . Once Foley buys his Dutch team Hibs are likely to be fourth . Thank **** it is not us 

10 hours ago, Zico said:

Investment from a billionaire sounds great and I’m sure the H1B5 fans are lapping it up (publicly) but I wouldn’t want us being the low man on the feeder club totem pole. It might work out ok but there’s real potential for hilarity so I’m interested to see how it works out. 

You also have to consider that many billionaires turn out not to be billionaires at all, like our own Mr Romanov.

My dad once noted to me that many people who call themselves millionaires have £1m of assets and £999,999 of debt...the more general equivalent is that 80% of people are not car owners as they rent, and 70% of the UK are not home owners as they have mortgages...and that will include many "millionaires"...

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Suggest you have a wee read of the Lorient forum mate …… the second team in the pyramid . Once Foley buys his Dutch team Hibs are likely to be fourth . Thank **** it is not us 

Hope you are right mate but it might even be interesting compared to the recent snotterfest. Maybe just an old bugger and craving the Mercer and Romanov years, even Pieman was a football man and delivered us a great team 96-98

21 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Hope you are right mate but it might even be interesting compared to the recent snotterfest. Maybe just an old bugger and craving the Mercer and Romanov years, even Pieman was a football man and delivered us a great team 96-98

I would not sign up to this for all the tea in China tbh 

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I would not sign up to this for all the tea in China tbh 

Agree, we as fans and Hearts as a club would have to be careful if ever having any potential dealings in the future, sometimes all that glitters isn’t gold.

I remember the times with Vlad  very fondly, and man, what a rush, but I would not wish the end game we had with him on anyone .

Suppose it’s a result of me being steeped in the past and an old traditionalist but I really dislike the way football has gone in terms of foreign owners / investors. Seems all so artificial at the top level and strong empathy levels of distant times have long disappeared. The game particularly down south has been torn asunder through exploitation and greed. Difficult to see how Hibs can benefit with this arrangement and if I was a Hibs supporter I would be a bit concerned in that fairly recently the Gordon family reinforced their total commitment to the club. Looks like they are planning a way out. The outside perception of Scottish football is probably at an all time low and a bit of a backwater. Would be very apprehensive of foreign involvement. In our case once bitten although at the time it was Hobsons choice.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Suppose it’s a result of me being steeped in the past and an old traditionalist but I really dislike the way football has gone in terms of foreign owners / investors. Seems all so artificial at the top level and strong empathy levels of distant times have long disappeared. The game particularly down south has been torn asunder through exploitation and greed. Difficult to see how Hibs can benefit with this arrangement and if I was a Hibs supporter I would be a bit concerned in that fairly recently the Gordon family reinforced their total commitment to the club. Looks like they are planning a way out. The outside perception of Scottish football is probably at an all time low and a bit of a backwater. Would be very apprehensive of foreign involvement. In our case once bitten although at the time it was Hobsons choice.

The reason for that is that football clubs are getting more and more expensive to buy - hideously expensive in many cases. As a result, only incredibly wealthy people/states can buy them - and incredibly wealthy people/states tend to be bellends.

Their actual emotional attachment is zero. And they’re so used to never being told no that they act like ***** with impunity.

It’s all quite depressing really :rofl:

I mean, each to their own, but I wouldn’t get out of bed for Saudi ownership at Newcastle. It’s totally fake.

23 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Agree, we as fans and Hearts as a club would have to be careful if ever having any potential dealings in the future, sometimes all that glitters isn’t gold.

I remember the times with Vlad  very fondly, and man, what a rush, but I would not wish the end game we had with him on anyone .

The questions that your average vermin need to be getting answers to are these

1- What does being third or fourth in a pyramid of five or six clubs actually mean ? Is that a defined pecking order or is there scope for players to move down from positions one and two to Hibs

2- If this turns out to be a non beneficial set up but the Gordon’s sell them a further stake on top of the 30 % , what is the exit strategy ? If the milk turns sour and the honey dries up , what happens ? Can you demand the club is sold to someone else who would prioritise Hibs

I am very glad we are majority shareholders in Hearts , because if this was presented to me to vote for or against them I know where my tick would be going . Hibs do not have that luxury . Hibs need to hope that Ian and Kit Gordon care about what happens to them and that the SFA do the right thing by them 

Losing your clubs independence ? What is that worth ? Seems a lot of the supporters of Lorient do not feel it was worth it and they are the second club

Let's not get the proverbial knickers in a twist over this proposal, outwith the gruesome twosome no one in Scotland can play on the financial pyramid platform to provide players for English football.

As a club we've yet to experience a £1m player, I think it's only Aberdeen who have spent that amount on one player, £1m is absolutely nothing to the English Premiership and Championship clubs. 

I'm tending to look at this as a negative loan deal term for the clubs. 

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

1- What does being third or fourth in a pyramid of five or six clubs actually mean ? Is that a defined pecking order or is there scope for players to move down from positions one and two to Hibs

2- If this turns out to be a non beneficial set up but the Gordon’s sell them a further stake on top of the 30 % , what is the exit strategy ? If the milk turns sour and the honey dries up , what happens ? Can you demand the club is sold to someone else who would prioritise Hibs

I am very glad we are majority shareholders in Hearts , because if this was presented to me to vote for or against them I know where my tick would be going . Hibs do not have that luxury . Hibs need to hope that Ian and Kit Gordon care about what happens to them and that the SFA do the right thing by them 

Losing your clubs independence ? What is that worth ? Seems a lot of the supporters of Lorient do not feel it was worth it and they are the second club

Well put. Hibs fans will have to think about when their club gets cast aside like an odd sock,

We galvanised and gelled together to save our club, I say this with pride but with humility as well, as , if this ever happens to another club the conditions would have to be like ours where the fans want to make super efforts to save their club.

So Hibs fortunes will be entirely dependent on Bournemouth staying in the EPL. Nah it’s not for me, they might see some short term improvement but if Bournemouth drop out the EPL Hibs will be left a shell of a club. Problem they have is the owners can do as they please with Hibs and the fans can’t stop it.

24 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Well put. Hibs fans will have to think about when their club gets cast aside like an odd sock,

We galvanised and gelled together to save our club, I say this with pride but with humility as well, as , if this ever happens to another club the conditions would have to be like ours where the fans want to make super efforts to save their club.

Precisely . This is the main worry I would have if I was a vermin . If this was us , then this Foley chap would need to convince 90 % of us that his intentions were pure . These guys have to hope the Gordons have their best interests at heart and are not just wanting their inheritance back like Stephen Thompson did when Eddie died . The same Ian Gordon that they wanted removed and who they were calling an idiot son ect 

Interesting times ahead 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Precisely . This is the main worry I would have if I was a vermin . If this was us , then this Foley chap would need to convince 90 % of us that his intentions were pure . These guys have to hope the Gordons have their best interests at heart and are not just wanting their inheritance back like Stephen Thompson did when Eddie died . The same Ian Gordon that they wanted removed and who they were calling an idiot son ect 

Interesting times ahead 

Indeed.

11 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

The major beneficiaries if this goes through will be the Gordon family. That's about it.

I believe they have floating charges over the entire club . They should stand to make a pretty penny . Hope Ian does not hold any grudges 

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The reason for that is that football clubs are getting more and more expensive to buy - hideously expensive in many cases. As a result, only incredibly wealthy people/states can buy them - and incredibly wealthy people/states tend to be bellends.

Their actual emotional attachment is zero. And they’re so used to never being told no that they act like ***** with impunity.

It’s all quite depressing really :rofl:

I mean, each to their own, but I wouldn’t get out of bed for Saudi ownership at Newcastle. It’s totally fake.

Giving my age away but I recall going to the Edinburgh Select games against Newcastle who had three Scots in their team Ronnie Simpson, Jimmy Scoulat and Bobby Mitchell. In terms of typifying the cloth cap and working class image of the game they were at the forefront. Probably one of the most down to earth loyal fan base who supported their team through mostly thin times. How depressing the moral decline reflected in the takeover and fans cavorting around in Saudi dress. 

I don't think anyone is in a position to say for definite what is going to happen. 

Hibs might luck out and end up with a couple of good players every season, but if they do end up with anyone half decent they'll be moved on further up the pyramid. It's going to make it difficult for Hibs to build any sort of long term success, which is something they struggle with anyway without an additional hand in the pot. 

The easiest thing for us to do would be to sort ourselves out and get into a position on the park where we don't have to worry about them. 

This is not some philanthropist takeover to win the Scottish leagues and end the Old Firm duopoly, it is a self serving interest to benefit a team that is not Hibs. 

3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

You also have to consider that many billionaires turn out not to be billionaires at all, like our own Mr Romanov.

My dad once noted to me that many people who call themselves millionaires have £1m of assets and £999,999 of debt...the more general equivalent is that 80% of people are not car owners as they rent, and 70% of the UK are not home owners as they have mortgages...and that will include many "millionaires"...

Your dad is a wise man. 

I still fully believe in the direction our club is going in the long term.  

1 minute ago, I.T.K said:

Your dad is a wise man. 

I still fully believe in the direction our club is going in the long term.  

Me too . I prefer our outlook and believe we are moving in the right direction 

gordon simpson
3 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Wish it was us, while FOH saved the club and gives you stability, on the park has been a bit of a borefest since. 

away and throw shite at the moon 

11 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

All I would say is that the Vermin are utter shit so they might as well give this Foley thing a bash. It’s not like they’re about to amount to anything in their current guise.

as for us, if Hibs were to get their shit together, you’d soon see the excuses made for our ownership on here dry up. Part of the reason Budge and co get away with mediocre performance is because the vermin are even worse 

They're above us and you say they are utter shit 🙄 where Hearts are going now I have no idea but certainly not where we all hoped by the looks of it 

1 minute ago, rory78 said:

They're above us and you say they are utter shit 🙄 where Hearts are going now I have no idea but certainly not where we all hoped by the looks of it 

They are utter shit . The fact we are currently so poor does nothing to take away from that 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

The 2 at the bottom of our pyramid no longer exist. Hopefully that's what happens to H1b5.

5 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

The 2 at the bottom of our pyramid no longer exist. Hopefully that's what happens to H1b5.

Yeah Kauno and Ripo was it not 

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

The major beneficiaries if this goes through will be the Gordon family. That's about it.

This is exactly what the deal is set out to achieve. Gordon and now family haven’t made money from Hibs. They have spent some but used club assets as collateral. They’ll walk away with profits that way. This is just another way of not investing as a family. A dodgy deal between two American families. 

6 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

This is exactly what the deal is set out to achieve. Gordon and now family haven’t made money from Hibs. They have spent some but used club assets as collateral. They’ll walk away with profits that way. This is just another way of not investing as a family. A dodgy deal between two American families. 

Yeah , I love how there are Hibs fans claiming we were saying the Gordon’s would screw them but they have not ……….. seemingly blissfully unaware that this could quite easily be what is happening right now 

Hibs fans excited by this. 

Hearts fans casting shade. 

Shocker. 

Flip the scenarios and I'm sure the majority of us would be buzzing for it. 

In truth, only time will tell. Hoping it's an absolute shite show. :jjyay:

• davemclaren changed the title to Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )