Israel and Palestine

AlphonseCapone

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Your habitual drug use, misplaced arrogance, and propensity for poorly deployed hyperbole.

Apart from that what have the Romans done for us? 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diadora Van Basten

• il Duce McTarkin

• Malinga the Swinga

• JudyJudyJudy

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

The Jews were on the land before Islam even existed .

Whether any religion should have a homeland is another matter, but the natural response to frequent attempts at extermination was to find somewhere they could find sanctuary, and Hollywood wasn’t invented back then 🙃

:facepalm:

Because they're basically the same people.

19 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

This thread is tremendous for outing the gullible and the downright stupid from the rest of us.

The events of the weekend have **** all to do with the Palestine people, they're merely stooges and assets in a far more global game. You think normal Palestinians organised gliders, rockets, incursions and attacks. How misguided and delusional are you to believe this is a small group trying to free themselves.

Iran is driving all of this in a desperate bid to destabilise the Middle East. It can see it's neighbours normalising relationships with Israel and that's something they can't face as it will then be left further on its own as pariah amongst nations. It's the only country left that has vowed to wipe Israel from the map and out of existence. It isn't a bid to improve conditions for Palestinians, its a bid to ignite a region and you've folk on here thinking it's some sort of heroic act. You are morons, utter morons and you are no better than the Green Brigade from Celtic.

Add that to the deterioration Iran faces within its borders as its own people rebel against the religious leaders and power brokers, then Iran is in big trouble.

This isn't Palestinians lobbing stones, it's an act of quasi war from Iran who've spent millions arming and organising this.

They don't want the Palestinian people to be at peace, they want turmoil and if they cause the slaughter of Israelis and Palestinians, they won't bat an eyelid 

Not one Middle Eastern country gives a **** about Palestinians, that's why they won't allow them into their countries as nobody wants Hamas or Hezbollah running wild in what are stable, or as stable as you can get there, lands. Israel isn't perfect but it doesn't deserve this and if you can't see that, then you shouldn't be allowed to join grown up conversation.

Iran supporting Russia on their invasion of Ukraine and now they have stepped up their shit stirring. 

Unbelievable how stupid some people can be when they make some of the statements above.

Don't know why I get annoyed about this but it pains me when folk just write any old garbage because Israel is involved.

Rant over.

You are out of touch with the views in Israel 

Israel controlling fuel, electricity and water supplies. Putting Gaza under siege.

So no change from the last 15 years.

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Israel controlling fuel, electricity and water supplies. Putting Gaza under siege.

Not controlling, stopping. They've always controlled it, now they're stopping any of it altogether. 

22 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

:what:

? I cannot make it any clearer...I think the problem may be your comprehension skills.

Edited by Spellczech

26 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Try telling them that...

All religions like to believe that they are the best, the true religion. The slight difference with Judaism is that whilst for all other religions this is an interpretative statement, it is a fundemental of Judaism that they are "God's Chosen People". In the world of zealotry  this doesn't sit well with the pushers of competing mythologies...

At one point they may have been the same group but that divergence happened millenia ago, and is now utterly irrelevant. Now it is about religion and land - Tribalism

That thing you do

Former Israeli soldier saying Israel will have to invade Gaza.

Going to be a bloody process trying to take control of Gaza

Mail saying the same

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12609189/Israel-wants-REMOVE-Hamas-power-death-toll-700-likely-rise-says-military-spokesperson-Iron-Dome-shield-intercepts-wave-wave-rockets-Gaza-Battles-continue-inside-Israel-worst-day-history-Jewish-state.html

Edited by That thing you do

doctor jambo
58 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

The whole globe is basically the same people .

I oppose all separatist movements.

Including the Scottish one as you know.

Dividing people based on wiggly lines/ colour/ religion has never worked for people .

Apart from the rulers.

The fewer borders the fewer people in power.

Stands to reason that nobody with a sniff at a throne would want to disturb that

7 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

That will pull Hezbollah into the mix as there is no chance they can sit by and watch that.. I cannot help having the feeling that Hamas' reminder to the World of their situation/plight has played right into the hands of the right-wing Israeli Govt...

Ministryofdad
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

You are out of touch with the views in Israel 

Could it be because the uk created Israel like with Belgium. 

Stolen land from Jordan and Egypt after claiming it from the otterman empire. 

Then creating lines. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Some leeway given to residents 

This was yesterday. Aplenty they have informed the Sky News building in Gaza that they should evacuate today. 

25 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

Could it be because the uk created Israel like with Belgium. 

Stolen land from Jordan and Egypt after claiming it from the otterman empire. 

Then creating lines. 

The UN created Israel - We were involved though...

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

What did u think would happen? Hamas knew this would be the first move by Israel. They don’t care. Like most Muslims they don’t give a $#!t about the Palestinians. They don’t care about the second or third move either. It doesn’t effect them personally. They stir the hornet nest then leave the consequences to the weak. I hope Israel wipes the floor with the animals that did this. Most will be puppets but hopefully some higher up types are on the kill list. 

3 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

What did u think would happen? Hamas knew this would be the first move by Israel. They don’t care. Like most Muslims they don’t give a $#!t about the Palestinians. They don’t care about the second or third move either. It doesn’t effect them personally. They stir the hornet nest then leave the consequences to the weak. I hope Israel wipes the floor with the animals that did this. Most will be puppets but hopefully some higher up types are on the kill list. 

Why would this be Israel's first move if Hamas are so disconnected and unaffected by it? Doesn't seem like a good move from the would be good guys. 

Jeffros Furios

The Egyptians need to open thier end of the Gaza strip as some of the the civilian population have nowhere to go . The actions of Hamas has only brought a lot more bloodshed to thier own people 

but when did Jihadis give a **** about anyone . 

1000s will die  .

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

The whole globe is basically the same people .

I oppose all separatist movements.

Including the Scottish one as you know.

Dividing people based on wiggly lines/ colour/ religion has never worked for people .

Apart from the rulers.

The fewer borders the fewer people in power.

Stands to reason that nobody with a sniff at a throne would want to disturb that

Can't disagree but put it this way, the Palestinians and Jews are a lot closer culturally and linguistically than they are to us.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Try telling them that...

All religions like to believe that they are the best, the true religion. The slight difference with Judaism is that whilst for all other religions this is an interpretative statement, it is a fundemental of Judaism that they are "God's Chosen People". In the world of zealotry  this doesn't sit well with the pushers of competing mythologies...

At one point they may have been the same group but that divergence happened millenia ago, and is now utterly irrelevant. Now it is about religion and land - Tribalism

True. Yet some are saying 'but the Jews were there before Islam was even a thing...'.

I'd also argue that Jews and Arabs - and the native Christians there - in Palestine co-existed fairly well until WWII.

3 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Can't disagree but put it this way, the Palestinians and Jews are a lot closer culturally and linguistically than they are to us.

They'd say the same about the English, French and Germans but what is the significance of it?

27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Unfortunate effect of appeasing the settlers.

Saw that.

Many in Israel will be livid at their hardline govt. It's just the same cycle of violence all over again. Israel are the major power here - even accounting for Iran supplying Hamas - and the ball is in their court to take a different road.

So far, we just have created more martyrs on both sides with more traumatised family members seeking revenge in the future. Israel bascially can't win with confidence and security without wiping out the Palestinian people. Surely  not?

An Israeli lawmaker has told Al Jazeera that his party warned about events like Saturday’s Hamas attack on Israel if the country’s government continued its illegal occupation of Palestinian lands.

Hamas launched a multipronged assault at dawn on Saturday with thousands of rockets fired at Israel, and the Gaza-based group’s fighters infiltrating Israeli towns and illegal settlements.

12 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

True. Yet some are saying 'but the Jews were there before Islam was even a thing...'.

I'd also argue that Jews and Arabs - and the native Christians there - in Palestine co-existed fairly well until WWII.

Well that is indeed a fact, but it is not the only fact that is pertinent...The Israelites had lots of battles with other Canaanite tribes who all spoke an archaic version of Hebrew. As I said, it is tribal not just religious.

The Romans came and went; Islam came, then Christianity in the Crusades, then Muslims again, then Mameluks then Ottomans then British... I think even the Mongols conquered the area at one time?

Edited by Spellczech

AlphonseCapone

Qatar acting as a mediator between Hamas and Israel in an attempt to negotiate swap of children and women hostages/prisoners on both sides.

HeartsandonlyHearts
48 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Why would this be Israel's first move if Hamas are so disconnected and unaffected by it? Doesn't seem like a good move from the would be good guys. 

First move to show them that they (Israel) control more than Hamas will ever dream of controlling in Gaza and will never be able to really help the Palestinians. Put them on edge on not knowing when it’s coming. They know it will. 99.9% of Palestinians in Gaza are not backers of terror. Yes, they’d like to be somewhere else in the world but right now they’re trapped in Gaza. Unfortunately they’re puppets stuck in the middle of something they’d rather not be part of. 
“Would be good guys”

Are you saying someone else in that area are the good guys?

12 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

First move to show them that they (Israel) control more than Hamas will ever dream of controlling in Gaza and will never be able to really help the Palestinians. Put them on edge on not knowing when it’s coming. They know it will. 99.9% of Palestinians in Gaza are not backers of terror. Yes, they’d like to be somewhere else in the world but right now they’re trapped in Gaza. Unfortunately they’re puppets stuck in the middle of something they’d rather not be part of. 
“Would be good guys”

Are you saying someone else in that area are the good guys?

Yes, those 99.9% of Palestinians.

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Some leeway given to residents 

Why not just not attack Gaza. it’s not an anti terrorist operation. It’s a punishment similar to the War Crimes Israel has already committed by turning off the electricity and causing a humanitarian crisis.

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

highlandjambo3

did you see the Russian foreign minister on Sky tv talking about cessation of hostilities as innocent people were being killed 🤬🤬🤬🤷‍♂️the neck of the man.

John Findlay
12 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Why not just not attack Gaza. it’s not an anti terrorist operation. It’s a punishment similar to the War Crimes Israel has already committed by turning off the electricity and causing a humanitarian crisis.

So are you going to join Hamas or Hezbollah and join them in their struggle?

Or are you just going to continue gobbling off on a messageboard?

Diadora Van Basten
16 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Continue posting my opinion on a message board it’s kind of what they are there for.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

They'd say the same about the English, French and Germans but what is the significance of it?

I'm struggling to work out how European Jews moving to Israel in the 50s are culturally closer to Palestinians to be fair...

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Continue posting my opinion on a message board it’s kind of what they are there for.

So no courage of your convictions.

Ach well Palestinians loss I guess.

39 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Humza Yousef has explained how his relatives told to leave basically can't leave Gaza. 

AlphonseCapone
40 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

So no courage of your convictions.

Ach well Palestinians loss I guess.

I don't know what point you think you're making, John?

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I don't know what point you think you're making, John?

I don't expect you would.

AlphonseCapone
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I don't expect you would.

Ah how very clever. Just continue talking shite like you're making some point.

Diadora Van Basten
7 minutes ago, Shanks said:

The reporting from the BBC on all this is so biased.  Horrible what is happening. 

Agreed.

18 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Hamas has sown the wind.  They shall reap the whirlwind.

And the innocent people in Gaza get the crossfire. 

SectionDJambo

I  don't know enough about the history of the origins of the formation of the state of Israel after the war. This seems to be a situation which has no solution due to the hatred of the Arab representatives towards Israel and the contempt for fairness from the Israeli government towards the Arabs.

My generation didn't expect the Ulster violence to ever end due to the hatred and suspicions both sides had for each other, but it eventually happened because the representatives of both sides had the courage to realise compromises had to be made and trust built and maintained. There can still be disagreements but still no real resumption of violence.

Maybe there are too many agitators in the Middle East on both sides being encouraged by outside influences. It's a tragic situation for the Arab community, who usually take the full brunt of Israeli retaliation, and now innocent Israelis, and others who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, are suffering as a result of the intransigence and bloody mindedness of both leaderships.

Can there be anyone brave enough to make a serious attempt at stopping this madness?

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

The reporting from the BBC on all this is so biased.  Horrible what is happening. 

Yip. One sided as fek but then its the BBC isnt it?

3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Well that is indeed a fact, but it is not the only fact that is pertinent...The Israelites had lots of battles with other Canaanite tribes who all spoke an archaic version of Hebrew. As I said, it is tribal not just religious.

The Romans came and went; Islam came, then Christianity in the Crusades, then Muslims again, then Mameluks then Ottomans then British... I think even the Mongols conquered the area at one time?

A very pertinent fact is that Jews, Muslims and Christians - all native to the area - co-existed until fairly recently The current 'troubles' started when Zionists started 'reclaiming their land' through their own acts of terrorism, including against the British state.

👍

Revenge isn't the answer for Israel, why can't they see it? 

You kill us, we kill you lot, rinse and repeat..... 

Hamas attack Israel because Israel treats the Palestinians like shit. That doesn't excuse what Hamas has done but they know that an attack on Israel leads to great suffering for their own people. The very thing they are apparently standing up for. 

It's absolutely nuts and can only be solved by the drawing of physical borders and recognition of a Palestinian Country. Why this hasn't happened or been forced upon both sides is just bizarre. The international community has had decades to sort this mess. 

Edited by Cruyff

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Hamas has sown the wind.  They shall reap the whirlwind.

A lot of Israelis say the same of their own government. And so it goes on...

30 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I  don't know enough about the history of the origins of the formation of the state of Israel after the war. This seems to be a situation which has no solution due to the hatred of the Arab representatives towards Israel and the contempt for fairness from the Israeli government towards the Arabs.

My generation didn't expect the Ulster violence to ever end due to the hatred and suspicions both sides had for each other, but it eventually happened because the representatives of both sides had the courage to realise compromises had to be made and trust built and maintained. There can still be disagreements but still no real resumption of violence.

Maybe there are too many agitators in the Middle East on both sides being encouraged by outside influences. It's a tragic situation for the Arab community, who usually take the full brunt of Israeli retaliation, and now innocent Israelis, and others who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, are suffering as a result of the intransigence and bloody mindedness of both leaderships.

Can there be anyone brave enough to make a serious attempt at stopping this madness?

The main difference I'd say with N.Ireland in terms of achieving peace was the USA. While the British had degraded the IRA, it was the US who ultimately pressurised the Republicans towards peace especially after 9/11 removed mainstream support. While the US absolutely and totally backs Israel allowing them total freedom and impunity. 

5 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

A very pertinent fact is that Jews, Muslims and Christians - all native to the area - co-existed until fairly recently The current 'troubles' started when Zionists started 'reclaiming their land' through their own acts of terrorism, including against the British state.

👍

Until recently? You are talking 75 years ie 3 generations... vendetta is ingrained now. 

Nucky Thompson

I can't get the thought of those youngsters at a music festival getting massacred out of my head :sadrobbo:

Having kids that age who are into their concerts and festivals hits home