Israel and Palestine

AlphonseCapone

Malinga the Swinga

This thread is tremendous for outing the gullible and the downright stupid from the rest of us.

The events of the weekend have **** all to do with the Palestine people, they're merely stooges and assets in a far more global game. You think normal Palestinians organised gliders, rockets, incursions and attacks. How misguided and delusional are you to believe this is a small group trying to free themselves.

Iran is driving all of this in a desperate bid to destabilise the Middle East. It can see it's neighbours normalising relationships with Israel and that's something they can't face as it will then be left further on its own as pariah amongst nations. It's the only country left that has vowed to wipe Israel from the map and out of existence. It isn't a bid to improve conditions for Palestinians, its a bid to ignite a region and you've folk on here thinking it's some sort of heroic act. You are morons, utter morons and you are no better than the Green Brigade from Celtic.

Add that to the deterioration Iran faces within its borders as its own people rebel against the religious leaders and power brokers, then Iran is in big trouble.

This isn't Palestinians lobbing stones, it's an act of quasi war from Iran who've spent millions arming and organising this.

They don't want the Palestinian people to be at peace, they want turmoil and if they cause the slaughter of Israelis and Palestinians, they won't bat an eyelid 

Not one Middle Eastern country gives a **** about Palestinians, that's why they won't allow them into their countries as nobody wants Hamas or Hezbollah running wild in what are stable, or as stable as you can get there, lands. Israel isn't perfect but it doesn't deserve this and if you can't see that, then you shouldn't be allowed to join grown up conversation.

Iran supporting Russia on their invasion of Ukraine and now they have stepped up their shit stirring. 

Unbelievable how stupid some people can be when they make some of the statements above.

Don't know why I get annoyed about this but it pains me when folk just write any old garbage because Israel is involved.

Rant over.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diadora Van Basten

• il Duce McTarkin

• Jim_Duncan

• Malinga the Swinga

35 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

This thread is tremendous for outing the gullible and the downright stupid from the rest of us.

The events of the weekend have **** all to do with the Palestine people, they're merely stooges and assets in a far more global game. You think normal Palestinians organised gliders, rockets, incursions and attacks. How misguided and delusional are you to believe this is a small group trying to free themselves.

Iran is driving all of this in a desperate bid to destabilise the Middle East. It can see it's neighbours normalising relationships with Israel and that's something they can't face as it will then be left further on its own as pariah amongst nations. It's the only country left that has vowed to wipe Israel from the map and out of existence. It isn't a bid to improve conditions for Palestinians, its a bid to ignite a region and you've folk on here thinking it's some sort of heroic act. You are morons, utter morons and you are no better than the Green Brigade from Celtic.

Add that to the deterioration Iran faces within its borders as its own people rebel against the religious leaders and power brokers, then Iran is in big trouble.

This isn't Palestinians lobbing stones, it's an act of quasi war from Iran who've spent millions arming and organising this.

They don't want the Palestinian people to be at peace, they want turmoil and if they cause the slaughter of Israelis and Palestinians, they won't bat an eyelid 

Not one Middle Eastern country gives a **** about Palestinians, that's why they won't allow them into their countries as nobody wants Hamas or Hezbollah running wild in what are stable, or as stable as you can get there, lands. Israel isn't perfect but it doesn't deserve this and if you can't see that, then you shouldn't be allowed to join grown up conversation.

Iran supporting Russia on their invasion of Ukraine and now they have stepped up their shit stirring. 

Unbelievable how stupid some people can be when they make some of the statements above.

Don't know why I get annoyed about this but it pains me when folk just write any old garbage because Israel is involved.

Rant over.

Never mind, forgot I was out of this subject. 

6 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

The media coverage in the UK is a disgrace : you'd never know how hated or corrupt Netanyahu is. You'd never know how divided Israel is, that there have been regular mass demonstrations againt him in Israel (the BBC never covers these protests.) You'd never know , that like Iran , Israel is run by religious fanatics to the detriment of the general poplulation. 

UK media is terrified of the huge number of pro Israel lobby groups who monitor social media and will instantly jump on any criticism of Israel.

Israel has been doing whatver it wants whenever it wants for decades (more so   since the religious fundamentalists have acquired political influence) and simply doesn't give a **** what the world thinks because it knows the USA will arm it to the teeth whatever. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50508399.amp

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-47409739.amp

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-middle-east-65004993

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-65083776.amp

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/22/israel-netanyahu-new-york-protest-judicial-overhaul

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12157103/amp/Tens-thousands-gather-Israel-protest-Netanyahus-controversial-judicial-reforms.html

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/protests-flare-in-israel-over-netanyahus-new-supreme-court-bill-12919015

29 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's all kicking off 

Live

It could well escalate to a wider conflict. 

The US military plans to move navy ships and military aircraft closer to Israel as a show of support, according to officials. Some 800 Hamas targets have been struck in Gaza - with hundreds of fighters killed and dozens captured, Israeli officials say.

6 minutes ago, FWJ said:

There’s a few.   There’s plenty more.  I included the Guardian  and the Daily Mail  along with the BBC & Sky.

That's an example of how stupid that thing is. It sits there telling you no one knows anything about Israel because the BBC etc. don't tell them, while you probably just did a google search and instantly discovered they all tell people, all the time.

While that says it knows what's happening, but the BBC didn't tell him? Real weirdo.

ToadKiller Dog
40 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's all kicking off 

That could be messy ,there are many in Erdoğan s government who would like to see Turkey allied with Russia and away from nato .

Big geopolitics stuff .

Unknown user

The middle east's ****ing mental, it always has been, and the picture is complicated beyond the comprehension of gobshites on a football forum a continent away.

People need to calm down a bit, none of us are all seeing purveyors of truth.

39 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

The middle east's ****ing mental, it always has been, and the picture is complicated beyond the comprehension of gobshites on a football forum a continent away.

People need to calm down a bit, none of us are all seeing purveyors of truth.

Indeed. I find it impossible to side with either Palestine or Israel. I do feel for the civilians being murdered by both sides though, regardless of whether they notionally support one people over another. The video of that girl being taken away on the motorbike is hard viewing...

That thing you do
52 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Siri 

Show me pointless virtue signalling 

Dundee is twinned with Nablus in the West Bank (it has been for decades), I'm waiting for the Palestine flag to go up there as its happened before.

It's important to separate Palestines right to freedom and the murderous scum of Hamas who are killing and taking hostage civilians from Israel.

I expect it will be up by Monday afternoon.

11 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

It's important to separate Palestines right to freedom and the murderous scum of Hamas who are killing and taking hostage civilians from Israel.

:spoton:

Seaside Dave

The mountain at cavehill in Belfast has a big Palestine flag on it. Hardly surprising considering those ira child murdering scumbags are behind it 

260 slaughtered at the music festival.

There should be no sympathy for Hamas. Thankfully Israel will wipe them off the planet this time around. 

Diadora Van Basten
4 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Rant over.

If it is Iran that is behind this attack and they are most likely backed by Russia then I must have missed the bit when Israel declared war on them.

The reason why Israel wouldn’t declare on them is like all bullies they are cowards at heart and won’t attack a country with the ability to fight back.

periodictabledancer
periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

That's an example of how stupid that thing is. It sits there telling you no one knows anything about Israel because the BBC etc. don't tell them, while you probably just did a google search and instantly discovered they all tell people, all the time.

While that says it knows what's happening, but the BBC didn't tell him? Real weirdo.

Is " that thing " you talking to me ?

I'll assume you are as you're replying to a post specifically about what I wrote.

Just to be clear I am talking about BBC mainstream news programmes & current affairs not some article on their website. There is next to zero discussion / criticism on the BBC about things Israel. 

And I didn't mention the Mail or Sky so why you and him and are talking about it is anyone's guess. 

22 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

If it is Iran that is behind this attack and they are most likely backed by Russia then I must have missed the bit when Israel declared war on them.

The reason why Israel wouldn’t declare on them is like all bullies they are cowards at heart and won’t attack a country with the ability to fight back.

Oh I dunno about that, they've been bombing the shite out of Iran and Syria for years.

HeartsandonlyHearts
20 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

🤦🏻
Cowards? Surrounded by countries who would wipe them from the face of the earth given half a chance but they’re the cowards. What’s the record on a thread for most own goals.

loveofthegame

I’m by no means an expert on the complex subject matter here but anybody who can watch the evil atrocities committed by Hamas this weekend and think “aye, those Israelis had it coming” is subhuman scum. 

The world is such a mess. Humanity has fought as long as we’ve existed but we are no longer meant to be the barbarians we once were. Over skin colour, language, politics, religion. I really do despair sometimes. 

The IDF treats Palestinian civilians terribly.

Hamas treats Israeli civilians terribly.

The military wings of both sides are arseholes.

There are no good guys in this conflict.
The constant tit-for-tat chicken-and-egg whataboutery that always happens isn't helping either.

We will never find a "first prime cause" for the conflicts here, it is lost in the mists of time and probably pre-dates written history itself.

We will never know who cast the first stone.

The entire region has been fought over for about 6,000 years and the only thing that changes is the excuses given for the fighting.
Resources, race, religion, global geopolitics, you name it.
The excuses change but the fighting has been constant.

1 minute ago, Cade said:

The IDF treats Palestinian civilians terribly.

Hamas treats Israeli civilians terribly.

The military wings of both sides are arseholes.

There are no good guys in this conflict.
The constant tit-for-tat chicken-and-egg whataboutery that always happens isn't helping either.

We will never find a "first prime cause" for the conflicts here, it is lost in the mists of time and probably pre-dates written history itself.

We will never know who cast the first stone.

The entire region has been fought over for about 6,000 years and the only thing that changes is the excuses given for the fighting.
Resources, race, religion, global geopolitics, you name it.
The excuses change but the fighting has been constant.

Pretty much.

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

That could be messy ,there are many in Erdoğan s government who would like to see Turkey allied with Russia and away from nato .

Big geopolitics stuff .

The Americans shot down a Turkish drone in Syria recently that was attacking a Kurdish group that American troops are working with against ISIS but which Turkey views as terrorists. The Americans felt it was getting too close to their troops for comfort. And then there's all the previous stuff around the Turks buying I think planes from the Russians rather than from the Americans. I think the relationship is pretty fraught at the minute.

Erdogan is an utter wank stain as well, and the globe is full of these "strong men" just now, which is far from ideal.

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The Americans shot down a Turkish drone in Syria recently that was attacking a Kurdish group that American troops are working with against ISIS but which Turkey views as terrorists. The Americans felt it was getting too close to their troops for comfort. And then there's all the previous stuff around the Turks buying I think planes from the Russians rather than from the Americans. I think the relationship is pretty fraught at the minute.

Erdogan is an utter wank stain as well, and the globe is full of these "strong men" just now, which is far from ideal.

Turkey will continue to play both sides in true Machiavellian style.

periodictabledancer
3 hours ago, FWJ said:

@TGFMichaelRosen

Palestinian Ambassador to UK asks BBC news presenter, “Why do you only invite me onto your programme when Israelis are killed by Hamas, but you never invite me when Palestinians are killed by Israelis?

That one question totally sums up the absolute bias of the West & it’s media

PS You know who  Michael Rosen is ? 

1 hour ago, periodictabledancer said:

Mainstream news programmes  and current affairs programmes. 

I don’t understand - are you saying these are  ‘mainstream news programmes …’ etc or that they aren’t ?

34 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

@TGFMichaelRosen

Palestinian Ambassador to UK asks BBC news presenter, “Why do you only invite me onto your programme when Israelis are killed by Hamas, but you never invite me when Palestinians are killed by Israelis?

That one question totally sums up the absolute bias of the West & it’s media

PS You know who  Michael Rosen is ? 

I believe he is a children’s author and a supporter of Jeremy Corbyn - was it this Michael Rosen who signed an open letter to The Jewish Chronicle  criticising their description of Jeremy Corbyn as anti-Semitic?

(And since you seem to want to go down the condescension route - you’re having a bit of a ‘mare here)

Edited by FWJ

12 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

And all for the sake of this tiny scrap Israel has they go feckin insane and allow the 700K to breed into million for decades? These people are fanatical, irrational, illogical, cannot be reasoned with.

describing displaced human beings raising their families and trying to live as breeding. Because there what?

Arabs, dark skinned, refugees

What a despicable thing to say 

1 hour ago, periodictabledancer said:

Is " that thing " you talking to me ?

I'll assume you are as you're replying to a post specifically about what I wrote.

Just to be clear I am talking about BBC mainstream news programmes & current affairs not some article on their website. There is next to zero discussion / criticism on the BBC about things Israel. 

And I didn't mention the Mail or Sky so why you and him and are talking about it is anyone's guess. 

I quoted from the Mail & Sky to give examples from across the political divide.

Here’s a YouTube clip from BBC TV news

the posh bit
6 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Rant over.

I don't doubt that there is a lot of truth in everything you have posted here. It's a great post. 

Does it pain you when you read the same folk posting about the war in the Ukraine and quasi wars and 'Murica and all that? 

16 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

describing displaced human beings raising their families and trying to live as breeding. Because there what?

Arabs, dark skinned, refugees

What a despicable thing to say 

What a witless pile of shite to throw at anybody,  what are you? An attention beggar.

Get this, attention beggar. This race fantasy you pulled straight out of your are is called economy of language, understand what that means? Probably not but irrelevant to me and I'm not about to waste more time on you.

Now you can piss off into ignore where you won't ever waste a microsecond of my time again with such vacuous pointless attention begging fantasy shite.

doctor jambo

Normal headed people just want to live in peace with their neighbours.

Work, live and exist without threat.

Most couldn’t even give a shiny shit about borders or government as long as they stop being killed.

Factions playing risk with real people .

More thousands killed , and no victor in sight.

More hatred bred .

More graves in the sand.

I hate the games our masters play.

How did the US and Israeli intelligence services have no idea about this attack?  It seems incredible there would be no intel, almost improbable in fact. 

doctor jambo
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

How did the US and Israeli intelligence services have no idea about this attack?  It seems incredible there would be no intel, almost improbable in fact. 

Distracted in Ukraine .

the Russian allies opening up a second front while we are trying to stop Russia “doing an Israel”

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Well, the BBC are reporting that there’s lots of questions and criticism from Israelis about that and also criticism of the relief effort.

Just now, doctor jambo said:

Distracted in Ukraine .

the Russian allies opening up a second front while we are trying to stop Russia “doing an Israel”

I'm pretty sure the vast reach of the US intelligence services can cope with both. Or are they deliberately 'distracted'?

8 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

What a witless pile of shite to throw at anybody,  what are you? An attention beggar.

Get this, attention beggar. This race fantasy you pulled straight out of your are is called economy of language, understand what that means? Probably not but irrelevant to me and I'm not about to waste more time on you.

Now you can piss off into ignore where you won't ever waste a microsecond of my time again with such vacuous pointless attention begging fantasy shite.

Maybe try posting a bit more reasonably on this thread instead of constantly lashing out? 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Maybe try posting a bit more reasonably on this thread instead of constantly lashing out? 

Show me constantly lashing out. I'm responding, he waffled a pile of shite at me. How do you suggest I respond to his shit? Applaud it?

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I'm pretty sure the vast reach of the US intelligence services can cope with both. Or are they deliberately 'distracted'?

Not buying that .

This is Israel’s 9/11.

The response will be utter horror unleashed on Palestine.

As with 9/11 many will blame global power games and theories will fly.

The only possible

response from Israel will be massive incursion and slaughter .

Their public will demand it .

Jeffros Furios

Netanyahu seems to have alienated a lot of the army and security services recently which probably made Hamas's attack more deadly .

Out of 1000 people at the well publicised rave half are either dead or kidnapped .

21 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Mmmhmm.

The current Israeli regime are not popular amongst the military and intelligence so they will be blamed.

Iran is the target .

Felix Lighter
3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Show me constantly lashing out. I'm responding, he waffled a pile of shite at me. How do you suggest I respond to his shit? Applaud it?

"These people are fanatical, irrational, illogical, cannot be reasoned with."

You've basically described yourself there. If you're a Hearts fan I'm Santa Clause. That you have nearly 3,000 posts on the Orange Man Bad thread speaks volumes. 

Here's the thing, if the Orange Man had left $70 Billion worth of military gear to the Taliban or recently gifted $6 Billion to Iran you'd be going doolally. 

Just now, Jeffros Furios said:

Netanyahu seems to have alienated a lot of the army and security services recently which probably made Hamas's attack more deadly .

Out of 1000 people at the well publicised rave half are either dead or kidnapped .

Listened to someone discuss that today.

Regarding the military etc.

Irans face is noted.