What areas/ towns do hearts fans come from

Jackhmfc1348

pharmaceutical01
10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I think you'll find that Bonnyrigg is the biggest place in Midlothian these days. 😎

Bonnyrigg is big but Biggar is bigger !!🤙

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jackhmfc1348

• superjack

• martoon

• cookieboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go for it 1308

Brought up in leith,  my family are all hibbies. Folks emigrated to south Africa in 1972 when I was 6, with me and my older brother.  My auntie in Edinburgh bought 2 football tops from Gloldbergs to post across to us. My dad wanted her to send 2 hibs tops but she sent a hibs and hearts top by mistake.  I started crying when my dad tried to take the hearts top from me ...so I got to keep it...and now I'm a jambo. I just loved the colour maroon 😍 

FERRY HEARTS

Lived in Ferry 47 years  Don’t mind many other colours bar Maroon

4 years winchburgh Now kirkliston 

As was sung back in the early 80s 

Jambos Here  Jambos There 

Jambos every F——— where 🇱🇻

12 hours ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

Good shout tbf a lot of Celtic fans by my knowledge low 😬 

I've lived in Penicuik all my 69 years. Always massively jambo but there are some Hibbies and a fair amount of old firm.  The latter mainly emanate from the large influx of miners sent to the then new pit at Bilston Glen from Lanarkshire and Ayrshire in the fifties.

Temple (near Gorebridge) > Gorgie (Wheatfield Street) > Bournemouth for the last 16 years. My local is the hangout for the local Celtic fans who are surprisingly numerous; only ever met one other Jambo and he moved back to Edinburgh.

coatbridgejambo
32 minutes ago, Walrus said:

I'm originally Edinburgh but now live in Gartcosh, so not far from Coatbridge.

Drove past a guy in a Hearts top in Gartcosh once so I may not be the only one here.  

I think there is 1 or 2 other jambos in coatbridge aswell.sure I seen one post on here a few years back.

Brought up in Sighthill. Taken to my first Hearts match by a terrific local lad from Sighthill Neuk, Billy Higgins - at a time when a Billy Higgins played for Hearts. (Cruikshank, Shevlane, Holt, Cumming, Barry, Higgins, Hamilton, Wallace, White, Gordon, Traynor.) Moved to Livi in 1981, then to Cyprus 2018. Co-founded the Centurion Hearts Supporters' Club, and Planet Hearts.

henrysmithsgloves
9 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Originally from a wee town called Sauchie in Clackmannanshire, followed hearts since I was about 14 years old, through seeing us on the telly one time, my home town is probably 90% old firm fans though, mostly Rangers.

I was surprised when it got announced years ago they were having the winter Olympics in sauchie😜

coatbridgejambo
11 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Spent the first year of my life in Coatbridge (Laird Street) before we moved to Blackburn WL. Dad was a big Motherwell fan but i'd no interest in them. Mum told me to support whoever I wanted but never come home with a green and white scarf, thanks mum.

Yeah I love walking round these parts with my hearts top on. The looks you get. Pleasing

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, jamdunc said:

Doesn't ring a bell. How old is he. Ayton or Dunbar?

Ayton but Foulden nowadays, late 30s and either takes an Eye Valley Hearts flag or Hearts/Molenbeek flag to games.

Jackhmfc1348
28 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

I've lived in Penicuik all my 69 years. Always massively jambo but there are some Hibbies and a fair amount of old firm.  The latter mainly emanate from the large influx of miners sent to the then new pit at Bilston Glen from Lanarkshire and Ayrshire in the fifties.

Yea that pretty much sums it up about 60% hearts 20% hibs 20% old firm 

1 hour ago, Ski Nae said:

Born in Elsie Ingles and have lived in Willowbrae, Morningside, Wester Hailes (when I started going to matches), Kingston-upon-Thames, Madrid, Paris, Tokyo, Stockbridge, and now Pilton.

Madrid - Paris - Tokyo - Pilton

the less often seen Chanel advertising

17 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Ayton but Foulden nowadays, late 30s and either takes an Eye Valley Hearts flag or Hearts/Molenbeek flag to games.

I'm 48 so not like we were at Ayton P.S or eyemouth high together. Been in dunbar for 20 plus years now too

Born in edinburgh stayed at Northcote street ( dalry ) Merchiston grove , Watson cres , Mcleod street and now stay in Kirkwall Orkney . A few jambos up here also few hobos 

brightonsjambo

Born Edinburgh, lived in Sighthill prefab for about 18 years, then Brightons, Falkirk for past 48 years. Brought my son up well, a hearts fan all his life, and a hearts mad grandson too. Area here is riddled with Sevco  clowns.

A word for Sighthill Hammers cycle speedway team, 1966 British team champions and all Hearts fans.

keepingitdusty

Born in Balgreen, but been living in the West of Scotland for the last 15 years. G41, G72, and now PA1. It always surprises me how many Hearts there are Behind Enemy Lines…

Kirkliston is were i'm orginally from, still got my house there but due to work i have spent alot of time living and working abroad.When i was in the Raf i lived in Belize and Germany and with my current career i have lived and worked in Toulouse, Toronto, Geneva, Lugano, Dubai but i alawys find time to watch the famous and get home as much as i can to do to the games. Still have my ST in the main stand.

coatbridgejambo
1 hour ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Lived in Ferry 47 years  Don’t mind many other colours bar Maroon

4 years winchburgh Now kirkliston 

As was sung back in the early 80s 

Jambos Here  Jambos There 

Jambos every F——— where 🇱🇻

Yaaaas!

Harry Potter
59 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Born and raised in Danderhall, Midlothian.

Now live in the west of Edinburgh.

The Danderhall supporters bus was always in the evening news prior to the away game.

3 hours ago, Rattatooi said:

I’m Mid Sussex. Haywards Heath. Strangely, my (non football interested) wife bumped into a bloke wearing a Hearts top in our village but didn’t get any contact details so I know I’m not alone but not sure who my compatriots are.

I work quite often at Ardingly College 👍

Started going to games from Gala where still a thriving Hearts support. Now travelling up from Whitley Bay. Few off us meet up to watch games as Geordie Hearts. 

22 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

The Danderhall supporters bus was always in the evening news prior to the away game.

Used to catch it in Dalkeith . Outside pub/hotel , name escapes me

14 hours ago, ShortmanRossco said:

Me too. Actually a surprising amount of Jambos around here.

Yep. See tops in the gym from time to time and one of the youngsters in my boys team is a Jambo too. 

I only lived in Edinburgh 'til I was 7, then Glenrothes, then Dundee at 11. Been here ever since and 35 now. Got first ever ST's last season and renewed this. Lived amongst OF fans and then Dundee and Utd fans my whole life and always been die hard Hearts. Always Hearts.

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Is the Black bull pub still in Ayton?

Born in Stockbridge, early life through to 20 in Newington( my street was virtually 100% Jambos).

Spell in Stewart Terrace then Penicuik, followed by Livingston and currently East Lothian ( far too many Hobbits down here for my liking :boak:

41 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

The Edmonstone Inn (the Danderhall pick up point) was my local. Lived just down the road from it. My mum still lives in that house.

jambo in iraq

I just moved to a new house in Dubai, was out washing the car this morning and the guy in the house next to me came out wearing a hearts top! what are the chances of that??

Grew up in Wishaw North Lanarkshire now stay just over the border in South lanarkshire in Law village only knew of one other hearts fan I wishaw when I was growing up but there's a few in Law

Edited by wishawjambo

Noted that someone from Clermiston says that Clerie is full of Hibernian types. I was born there in the late 50’s and grew up there till I was twenty and it was full of Hearts supporters with the odd deluded Hibs fans and a sprinkling of ugly sister’s supporters.

”Always Hearts, Only Hearts” 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Grew up in Ayton

Made in the Royal Navy (so the advert says)

Live on the outskirts of Brussels

Relocating to Galashiels next year 

🇱🇻🇱🇻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇧🇪🍺🥃🍷

Simpson memorial straight to Wheatfield, where A few of us including Derek O’Connor had regular kick abouts on the cobbles.

Now living near the Kirky/Newbridge/Ratho Station triangle, where people go missing instead of aircraft😳

2 hours ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

Bonnyrigg is big but Biggar is bigger !!🤙

What's bigger Mars or Uranus?

🤏🏼

Go for it 1308
13 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Spent the first year of my life in Coatbridge (Laird Street) before we moved to Blackburn WL. Dad was a big Motherwell fan but i'd no interest in them. Mum told me to support whoever I wanted but never come home with a green and white scarf, thanks mum.

Re Ayton....did Paul (carrots) ginger guy  not have a brother called 'beans' ?

I'm from Carmyle, east end of Glasgow. I never knew or met any Jambos until I started going to games at 18.

Weirdly, there was D Utd, Aberdeen and St Mirren supporters on same street I lived. 

1 hour ago, keepingitdusty said:

Born in Balgreen, but been living in the West of Scotland for the last 15 years. G41, G72, and now PA1. It always surprises me how many Hearts there are Behind Enemy Lines…

👍

26 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Is the Black bull pub still in Ayton?

It is now the Hemelvart Bier Cafe

Brought up in Abbeyhill for me and I was always amazed by the number of Jambos that were on the number 4 bus on match day. Borders for me now.

21 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

I just moved to a new house in Dubai, was out washing the car this morning and the guy in the house next to me came out wearing a hearts top! what are the chances of that??

Ever so slightly more likely than living next door to an Arab.  😜

il Duce McTarkin
14 hours ago, Herbert. said:

Grew up in oxgangs.

Live in Kirkcaldy now and it's majority OF but I know a couple hearts fans. 

Always been a big Hearts support from Oxgangs. 👍

Go for it 1308
6 minutes ago, 1953 said:

It is now the Hemelvart Bier Cafe

Brought up in Abbeyhill for me and I was always amazed by the number of Jambos that were on the number 4 bus on match day. Borders for me now.

👍

2 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Very welcome - I have tended to meet up with Jambos in Portsmouth pubs if that is better or easier. @poultry - are you down to visit your daughter soon?

I've noticed there were also JKBers in Fareham and Havant areas as well so maybe if they were up for meeting up as well. Who knows maybe we could set up a Ponsey South Coast HSC ??!!

She's back up here now mate, but I might plan a wee visit at some point, really like it down there. Will let you know if and when mate.

Tranent and preston pans especially seem to have loads of Jambos. Where I work, Macmerry has two or three, literally everyone is a Hibs fan.