Top Posters In This Topic

• Jackhmfc1348

• superjack

• martoon

• Doctor FinnBarr

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

That’s one word for it 🤣 lucky it’s getting knocked down soon 

is it really? For a rebuild or is it just closing?

Jackhmfc1348
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

is it really? For a rebuild or is it just closing?

It’s relocating to near the bush will still be a good few years till it’s knocked down but there building a new school 

5 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Interesting. At Abbey hill there were as many Jambos as Hibbies at school. My granny lived in the Inch. That was definitely Hearts country. 

There was a decent number of Hearts in my time but not in my class for some reason. 

Exchanged posts with a fellow Abbeyhillbilly on a similar thread a few years back. He said that by the mid/late 80's the school was pretty even. Glad to hear it.

Perhaps it was yourself, bud.

Jean Louis Valois

Kelso. Alot of Jambos but far too many Rangers and Celtic.

Edited by Jean Louis Valois

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

It’s relocating to near the bush will still be a good few years till it’s knocked down but there building a new school 

ah, no way 

presume they’ll build a stack of houses on that site 

Kalamazoo Jambo

Born on Tyneside, brought up in Balerno (good Hearts support as you would expect), but more recently I can confirm that ZIP code 49009 is solidly maroon.

ColinSmith1255

Another one born in Elsie Inglis. Moved away from Edinburgh as a ten year old in 1969. Lived in Aberdeen through the Fergie years and all my pals were Dons fans but I kept supporting Hearts.

Now living in rural Perthshire. Winter journeys to Tynecastle can be a bit dodgy.

Belong East Calder, very good Hearts support there.

Unfortunately, outnumbered by OF glory hunters that wouldn't have a clue in how get to Glasgow. 

coatbridgejambo

Coatbridge all my days.

My old man had family in Edinburgh who took him to games when visiting  and the rest is history. Couldn't imagine supporting anyone else. 

Jackhmfc1348
9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

ah, no way 

presume they’ll build a stack of houses on that site 

Yea flats and houses will be a shame when the day comes a lot of bad memories but a lot of good memories aswell

Jackhmfc1348
9 minutes ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

Another one born in Elsie Inglis. Moved away from Edinburgh as a ten year old in 1969. Lived in Aberdeen through the Fergie years and all my pals were Dons fans but I kept supporting Hearts.

Now living in rural Perthshire. Winter journeys to Tynecastle can be a bit dodgy.

That must of been awful to live in Aberdeen during the fergie years

south morocco
45 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I went to Peni High and I would say 80/20 split of Jambos/Vermin, in my experience anyway

:pleasing:

Knew a couple of Penicuik hearts fans. One sadly passed last year unexpectedly 

Grew up almost within smelling distance of Hibs’ piggery training centre. The positive was getting the Tranent supporters bus to games. Now in North Berwick and judging by the number of Hearts tops I see the kids here wearing we seem to be well supported by the next generation of North Berwickers. 

augusthearts

Brought up in EH10 and lived there throughout childhood and into young adulthood. After years abroad resided in North London for the last 20 years. Brought up my daughters properly to be Hearts and Scotland fans. Eldest is a PHW in particular.

Personally don't feel like there's many areas in Edinburgh, if any, that are predominantly Hearts strongholds. Never really lived on the west side of town but I'd imagine Gorgie/Saughton/Stenhouse etc. is mostly Hearts, although plenty Hibby's. Likewise plenty Hibby's down Leith and Lochend obviously, but no shortage of Jambo's either. I currently live in Niddrie where it's pretty mixed, but plenty of Celtic and Rangers tops on show here too.

Outside of Edinburgh I've lived in Hawick, Musselburgh and Dalkeith. Hawick isn't really a football town tbh, and those who do watch football are mostly Celtic/Rangers or an English team. Did know a couple of Jambos down there though, although we were a rare breer. Dalkeith is fairly mixed but a lot of Jambo's. In my experience, more Hearts than Hibs. Musselburgh is a real mix I'd say.

millerjames398

Antonshill near stenhousemuir, live in camelon now,,a good wee group of hearts fans live here, but fair to say its a rangers stronghold😂

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Here goes...

Born in Currie, raised in Balerno and later Roseburn.

Have since lived in Glasgow, Aberdeen, Hurlford, Norwich, Beckenham.

Currently reside in Watford. 

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

Doctor FinnBarr
26 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Coatbridge all my days.

My old man had family in Edinburgh who took him to games when visiting  and the rest is history. Couldn't imagine supporting anyone else. 

Spent the first year of my life in Coatbridge (Laird Street) before we moved to Blackburn WL. Dad was a big Motherwell fan but i'd no interest in them. Mum told me to support whoever I wanted but never come home with a green and white scarf, thanks mum.

Jackhmfc1348

What areas/towns have more hearts fans than hibs fans ? 

can start of by saying penicuik is mostly jambos about 60% then 20% Old firm and 20% hibs fans

Dalbeattie.no connection with Edinburgh just got following them through a schoolfriend.season ticket holder for last 35 years . probably more jambos than hibbees in Dumfries and Galloway but like the rest of Scotland too many glory hunting erse cheeks.

Jackhmfc1348
Just now, braveheart said:

Dalbeattie.no connection with Edinburgh just got following them through a schoolfriend.season ticket holder for last 35 years . probably more jambos than hibbees in Dumfries and Galloway but like the rest of Scotland too many glory hunting erse cheeks.

That’s the problem most places you go have mostly old firm. I only count real old firm fans 

Just now, braveheart said:

Nice area there. Usually come across to Kippford or Rockliffe every october for a wee break.

south morocco
4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Born Wester Hailes. Lived in Granton, Clerry, Livingston, West Pilton, Livingston (again). Been in Bath since 2002.

Bath is nice.

Grew up in Bonnyrigg and went to Lasswade where there were more Jambos than Hibs but a few Rangers supporters. Live in Fife now and there are a fair few Jambos going about. Incidentally, spent a few years in Portsmouth and can confirm Hearts are strongly supported by the locals. When we were doing well that season under Romanov the local Sports Direct also sold Hearts shirts in Plymouth. Usually only see Rangers and Celtic so shows the feeling for the club in that area.

Edited by Class of 75

Brick Tamland

Moredun, Meadowbank, Middleton, Garstang, Meadowbank, Willowbrae, City Centre, Grange, Straiton, Ribble Valley 

Gradually gathering supporters down here who will all be coming up for the next derby! 

Raised in Leith, down by the Shore when it was pretty run down before the gentrification took place.  Now live just off Robbie Ave, a few minutes walk to Stratties for pre-match refreshments than another few minutes to the Wheatfield.  Happy days!