What areas/ towns do hearts fans come from

Jackhmfc1348

Punks No Deid
10 hours ago, Papa John said:

Dalkeith and a good Hearts support from here.

My daughter went to Woodburn primary. In her class it was only her and a relative of Kevin Twaddle who were Hearts fans πŸ˜•

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jackhmfc1348

• superjack

• martoon

• Doctor FinnBarr

Punks No Deid

Am fae Polbeth and it’s got a fair number of erse cheek fans but decent amount of JTs πŸ‡±πŸ‡»Β 

AC Mallin_51
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

Wife has cousins in Sanquhar and Kirkconnell full of bluenoses

Yeah mate proper rangers bit down here unfortunatelyΒ 

Born in Pennywell, raised in Muirhoose, then got a flat in Gorgie, Fairmilehead for the last 30+ years, quite a few Jambos kicking about here although the next door are all hibees, great fun lording it about after derbies!Β 
πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ€ͺ😁⚽️

30 minutes ago, Illustrious said:

Born in Liverpool,Β  moved to Dalgety Bay aged 4, Uni in Cardiff, joined the Royal Navy so lots of time in Portsmouth and Plymouth and now live on Hayling Island so trips to Tynecastle are few unfortunately. Not many Jambos down here.Β 

Hello mate, like you spent alot of time in Guz and Pompey. The Hearts crest has pride of place in the WO&SRs Mess onboard HMS QNLZ. A few Portsmouth and Southampton supporters who spent time up here during build ended up going to Tynecastle and now follow the Hearts results. Indeed a good friend ended up following Hearts to away games despite never having had any connection previously. Now considers himself a Jambo.Β 

I'm from South Queensferry - big hearts support there, certainly seemed the majority of the town anyway when I was there. School was 75% hearts and the rest split between hibs and the OF. Took several buses to the finals over the years.

Β 

These days Newhaven, but soon to be Linlithgow

Portable Badger
43 minutes ago, Illustrious said:

Born in Liverpool,Β  moved to Dalgety Bay aged 4, Uni in Cardiff, joined the Royal Navy so lots of time in Portsmouth and Plymouth and now live on Hayling Island so trips to Tynecastle are few unfortunately. Not many Jambos down here.Β 

Not too far away in Bishop's Waltham if you ever fancy catching up for a beer and watch a game on the telly

fabienleclerq
10 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Here goes...

Β 

Born in Currie, raised in Balerno and later Roseburn.

Have since lived in Glasgow, Aberdeen, Hurlford, Norwich, Beckenham.

Currently reside in Watford.Β 

Β 

Having visited for work I feel sorry for you!

Grew up in Abbeyhill, lived in Portobello mostly, with spells in Norwich & Musselburgh. Recently relocated to Haddington, seems to have a good representation of Jambos on the X7 bus to town on matchdays.

Kincardine for me.

Got a few good jambos in the village.

Mostly old firm which is disappointing.Β 

Rest are split between Falkirk,dunfermline and alloa.

Even got a couple of east stirlinshire fansΒ 

When I was born, very briefly Watson Crescent just up from Gorgie.Β 
Β 

Family moved out to the Calders, Sighthill in 1974.   Spent 25 years there and have been the last 24 years down the road In Forresters.   (Some will say Upper Broomhouse or Lower Corstorphine, depends on your prejudice😁)

2 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

Took the bairns to ormiston park yesterday, the was full of kids and adults with vermin tops on

Get loads of visitors to the park. It’s like Glastonbury some weekendsΒ 

42 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Hello mate, like you spent alot of time in Guz and Pompey. The Hearts crest has pride of place in the WO&SRs Mess onboard HMS QNLZ. A few Portsmouth and Southampton supporters who spent time up here during build ended up going to Tynecastle and now follow the Hearts results. Indeed a good friend ended up following Hearts to away games despite never having had any connection previously. Now considers himself a Jambo.Β 

Β I was on QNLZ a couple of years ago but never made it into the WO &SR mess. Everytime I've been in one I've come out worse for wear! Good to know the Hearts crest is spreading the word around the world.Β 

Born in Leith, raised in Muirhouse and now reside in Silverknowes. Travelled on the Drylaw Hearts bus then Mackenzies. Probably more Hibs in Muirhouse growing up but they had a good side in the 70s. Still, there were a lot of Jambos lived there then.Β 

Born in Calder (Dunsire House), moved to Hermand Street (Shandon) and then across the Road to Robertson Ave when I started at Craiglockhart Primary. Parents decided to have more bairns so we were on the move again to Parkhead, where I lived for at least 10 years before another new born seen us move to Carrickknowe. I flew the coop at 19 and lived in Dalry for over 15 years. I've now been in Broxburn for 4 years and love it :)

37 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Not too far away in Bishop's Waltham if you ever fancy catching up for a beer and watch a game on the telly

Nice one PB. That's a lovely place and thanks for the offer. Somehow my wife can't quite get into the joy/disappointment of watching Hearts and so I may well come and join you. Cheers.Β 

10 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Β 

Do you know Paul C (Carrots) then?

Doesn't ring a bell. How old is he. Ayton or Dunbar?

Bowtow Jambo

Born in Royston. Spent most of adult life Newhaven/Trinity areas. My stepgrandfather was Hector Nicol

First 8 yrs in the old West Granton thenΒ  up to the clerrie jungle then over to parkgrove.while I was at Fox covert primary from p4-7 a few of the boys in my class were Rangers fans,but I used to hang around with pals from Drumbrae primary who were Hearts fans.

Edited by rubyruby
Double word

Mordun, Gilmerton, fair few years educating the English about the Jambos whilst in the Army, now York. A good number of us down here, sadly there is 2 hobbits I know off.

36 minutes ago, Illustrious said:

Β I was on QNLZ a couple of years ago but never made it into the WO &SR mess. Everytime I've been in one I've come out worse for wear! Good to know the Hearts crest is spreading the word around the world.Β 

That's a shame. Yes the Mess was always very sociable. Are you still in the mob?

Harry Potter

Pilton 1960-65, Corstorphine, East craigs,Drumbrae, away days on Longstone, Rainbow,centurian,Β 

and clermiston buses, Orwell as well.

No Idle Talk
36 minutes ago, Illustrious said:

Nice one PB. That's a lovely place and thanks for the offer. Somehow my wife can't quite get into the joy/disappointment of watching Hearts and so I may well come and join you. Cheers.Β 

Β 

We're witnessing the birth of a beautiful bromance here people. Haha

Β 

When you live far away fae Edinburgh it really is like finding money when you run into another Jambo. It's a great thing to have someone to speak about it with.Β 

Born in Elsie Ingles and have lived in Willowbrae, Morningside, Wester Hailes (when I started going to matches), Kingston-upon-Thames, Madrid, Paris, Tokyo, Stockbridge, and now Pilton.

No Idle Talk
1 hour ago, Punks No Deid said:

My daughter went to Woodburn primary. In her class it was only her and a relative of Kevin Twaddle who were Hearts fans πŸ˜•

Β 

Kevin Twaddle now plays 8 ball pool for Scotland.Β 

Carrick Knowe, stints at the Gyle (north and south), Hutchie, Forries, East Calder and now Bo'Ness. Wish Bo'Ness had better boozers πŸ˜‚

Edited by Kendoll

11 hours ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Coatbridge all my days.

My old man had family in Edinburgh who took him to games when visitingΒ  and the rest is history. Couldn't imagine supporting anyone else.Β 

I'm originally Edinburgh but now live in Gartcosh, so not far from Coatbridge.

Β 

Drove past a guy in a Hearts top in Gartcosh once so I may not be the only one here.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

Portable Badger
35 minutes ago, Illustrious said:

Very welcome - I have tended to meet up with Jambos in Portsmouth pubs if that is better or easier. @poultryΒ - are you down to visit your daughter soon?

Β 

I've noticed there were also JKBers in Fareham and Havant areas as well so maybe if they were up for meeting up as well. Who knows maybe we could set up a Ponsey South Coast HSC ??!!