• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jackhmfc1348

• superjack

• martoon

• Doctor FinnBarr

48 minutes ago, wishawjambo said:

Small world mate,I grew up in Abbotsford Road just round from kirk Road my dad still stays there (he's sevco though just like most of my family🙄)

I stay in Law Village in the Pensioner houses with my wife.

23 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

My mum was from Wishaw, Kirk Road during the war then onto Stewartson Street when Dimsdale was built. Stilll got an aunt staying in the same house. Dad was from Motherwell, staunch Well fans from both sides.

I stay in Law Village.

On 27/08/2023 at 12:20, JP Morgan said:

Temple (near Gorebridge) > Gorgie (Wheatfield Street) > Bournemouth for the last 16 years. My local is the hangout for the local Celtic fans who are surprisingly numerous; only ever met one other Jambo and he moved back to Edinburgh.

From Gorebridge myself... used to go 'adventures' on the bike up to Temple when a kid. :)

Brought up in Gorebridge. 'Gorebrigg' as they say.  Been living in Sweden for 20 years.

Was a lot of Jambo's in Gorebridge when I grew up, but a frustratingly large amount of current buns as well. Used to sicken me hearing their sectarian chants and royalist sheeat. Even when I was a kid I could tell these were knuckle-draggers of the highest order. 

Used to be a Hearts bus that left from Gorebridge back in the day. Good times!

Portable Badger
13 hours ago, Illustrious said:

The joys of Guildall Walk! Pompey chavs at their finest. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it as I am heading for Heathrow on Thursday to bugger off for 2 weeks in the sun. The Hibs game at Christmas sounds good though, especially if there are a few of us. 

👍

have a great hols and catch you in December

14 hours ago, gggggareth said:

Brought up in Gorebridge. 'Gorebrigg' as they say.  Been living in Sweden for 20 years.

Was a lot of Jambo's in Gorebridge when I grew up, but a frustratingly large amount of current buns as well. Used to sicken me hearing their sectarian chants and royalist sheeat. Even when I was a kid I could tell these were knuckle-draggers of the highest order. 

Used to be a Hearts bus that left from Gorebridge back in the day. Good times!

Mayfield & Gorebridge HSC. seen us take 2 double deckers as far as Aberdeen in those days. Bus driver for us was Wullie Swan, the Rangers bus was his brother Davey.

On 27/08/2023 at 20:33, Doctor FinnBarr said:

My mum was from Wishaw, Kirk Road during the war then onto Stewartson Street when Dimsdale was built. Stilll got an aunt staying in the same house. Dad was from Motherwell, staunch Well fans from both sides.

I stay in the Pensioner houses in Law Village , was a old Hearts player forget his name who came from the village.

On 27/08/2023 at 12:36, brawlad74 said:

Started going to games from Gala where still a thriving Hearts support. Now travelling up from Whitley Bay. Few off us meet up to watch games as Geordie Hearts. 

A gala lad who, going by your username, was born in 74? There's a good chance I might know you if that's the case as you would have been in the year below me.

oil rig jambo
On 26/08/2023 at 21:58, Jackhmfc1348 said:

More of a fun question where do us hearts fans come from what areas/towns and what areas/towns have alot of hearts fans 

Brought up in Montgomery  Street off Leith Walk 15 minute walk to Easter Road, went to Norton Park school at the back of the Hibs stand in the 50s loads of Hearts fans went there the School gave us a half day off for the Scottish Cup semi-final replay KO was at 2pm I think it was a Wednesday and organised a bus for the final against Celtic which was packed to the gunnels Hearts fans were in the minority  at my school but it was a big minority 

On 26/08/2023 at 23:35, south morocco said:

Leith. Plenty Hearts supporters here 

Correct !

Left Leith when I was 10.

Have lived in Newhaven, Granton, Porty,but I'm back in 'Sunny Leith' for a third time.

As  SM says, some Jambos would be surprised how many supporters there are here.

Brought up in southside at East meadows.  Have my Grandfather to thank for being a Jambo.  Now live in Bonnyrigg which has a mix of all four big clubs while now sustaining it's own league team Bonnyrigg Rose!

Edited by TexasAndy

1 hour ago, superjack said:

A gala lad who, going by your username, was born in 74? There's a good chance I might know you if that's the case as you would have been in the year below me.

1 hour ago, superjack said:

Am from Gala but bit older as the 74 is for 1874. Folks still live there so am up regularly. Prob have had a pint with you in the Salmon at some point. Cheers

CanadianJamTart
On 27/08/2023 at 17:32, haggisman1 said:

I'm a jambo in Calgary also. Grew up in Gorgie but came to Canada when I was 9. Still try to get over once a year to catch a game live.

Oh nice! How long have you been here for now? I’m hoping to make it back to Edinburgh for a game in the next year or so. Have a little one coming in Oct so will have to wait a bit haha 

13 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

Am from Gala but bit older as the 74 is for 1874. Folks still live there so am up regularly. Prob have had a pint with you in the Salmon at some point. Cheers

I left Gala in 1990. Used to go to the salmon to catch the borders hearts bus.

10 minutes ago, superjack said:

I left Gala in 1990. Used to go to the salmon to catch the borders hearts bus.

I left in 82 to move up to Edin but still frequent Salmon whenever I'm back. It's great that there's a thriving Borders Hearts Cheers Jack

On 26/08/2023 at 21:58, Jackhmfc1348 said:

More of a fun question where do us hearts fans come from what areas/towns and what areas/towns have alot of hearts fans 

Traveled all my life from South Ayrshire. Brought up in the west as a Jambo is a great thing. The shock when you don't support Rangers or Celtic is unreal! 

the original dalry llama

Born in Glasgow and spent my first 14 months in Govanhill. No family football tradition to follow due to Third Lanark going out of business. Moved to Blackburn, West Lothian where I grew up before finally moving to Edinburgh and I've now been here for 39 years, 33 of those in Dalry.   

Originally from Edinburgh but moved to the Borders. A reasonable amount of Jambos down here but sadly the majority are OF fans, most of which have never been to a game and who count paying their SKY subscription as being equivalent to buying a season ticket. Absolute pricks.

3 hours ago, brawlad74 said:

I left in 82 to move up to Edin but still frequent Salmon whenever I'm back. It's great that there's a thriving Borders Hearts Cheers Jack

I pop down to gala occasionally as my daughter is currently there. The salmon and the auld mill are the only decent pubs left.

I used to love the Harrow as well. It was my grandfathers pub in the 70s. We used to stay in the flat above it for our summer holidays.

Placid Casual

I did go to school with Superjack!

Another here who grew up in Gala. Borders Hearts for many years too.

I moved to Edinburgh in 2000, now in Morningside (via Tollcross and Marchmont).

On 28/08/2023 at 20:20, Carlos 2 said:

I'm in hazel grove just up from you mate 🇱🇻🇱🇻

On 28/08/2023 at 19:31, wishawjambo said:

Small world mate,I grew up in Abbotsford Road just round from kirk Road my dad still stays there (he's sevco though just like most of my family🙄)

do you not fancy travelling on Lanarkshire Hearts supporters bus 

On 28/08/2023 at 20:20, Carlos 2 said:

On 28/08/2023 at 20:26, Carlos 2 said:

I stay in Law Village.

11 minutes ago, wishawjambo said:

I'm in hazel grove just up from you mate 🇱🇻🇱🇻

You guys travel regularly to home games ? or do I already know you ? :berra:

1 hour ago, cookieboy said:

You guys travel regularly to home games ? or do I already know you ? :berra:

I haven't been to see Hearts for quits a long time, not so able now, but I listen to the Hearts tv radio commentaries which are really good Lawrie and others.

Originally Borders, then Dundee, now Belfast. 

Working my way through the shitest places in the country, clearly :lol:

16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hearts scarf in the Lewis Bar?

Not anymore unfortunately. Bought over by some American.

On 27/08/2023 at 14:08, Kennyfragg13 said:

Stornoway gd scattering off fans up here

Where about on lewis are you? I ended up married to a rhuach and living in point.

2 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

I did go to school with Superjack!

Another here who grew up in Gala. Borders Hearts for many years too.

I moved to Edinburgh in 2000, now in Morningside (via Tollcross and Marchmont).

There's others on here I remember from our school days. @TweedbankJambo was in the year below us, and im pretty sure a poster who used to be called John Mitchell was a couple of years above us.

Everything about our club during this period felt like Hearts. I can't explain it, it was just Hearts :love:

Not wanting to derail this very good thread but now, not so much.

WheatfieldWarrior
On 27/08/2023 at 14:08, ellie0028 said:

Me too, well poltonhall but most people think it’s Bonnyrigg 😂

Eldindean end for me, but the high school was over near you.   Poltonhall definitely felt like an area of "bonnyrigg & lasswade" back then.

9 hours ago, CanadianJamTart said:

Oh nice! How long have you been here for now? I’m hoping to make it back to Edinburgh for a game in the next year or so. Have a little one coming in Oct so will have to wait a bit haha 

I've been here since 1965! I was back in March for a couple of weeks and caught the St. Johnstone game. Mrs. Haggisman (also from Edinburgh) fancies going on a British Isles cruise next year so it looks like sometime in the spring for my nest visit to Tynecastle.

Ricardo Quaresma
On 28/08/2023 at 11:33, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Yes especially along the Forth estuary but the deeper you go inland the more it becomes ugly sister territory. In Dunfermline itself you still see loads of rangers tops. When they got to that Europa League final the number seemed reach new heights 🤮

I work with a dunfermline rangers fan, I'm pretty sure he's never been to a game ever, can't tell me who they played at the weekend, doesn't even know too many of their players

But at least it was great fun watching Scotland do a 'man u bayern' on norway a couple of months ago :lol:

When we equalised he seemed to think that was enough, but I said, "Na, we need to win!" and up stepped Kenny McLean

Fun at work, great stuff :lol:

But he'll still have to work with a noob when I pull a sickie to go to European games :rofl:

Ricardo Quaresma
On 28/08/2023 at 14:55, Inchgarvie said:

Born & brought up in Leith, family members either Hearts or Hibs fans. In fact many of my Mothers side used to go to watch Hearts one week and Hibs the next week. Lived in various parts of Edinburgh, Portobello, Slateford, Sighthill and now as far west as you can get!

Can’t stand Old firm fans from Edinburgh, don’t even have a problem with anyone being a Hibs supporter as many of my family are or were, when people supported their local Fitba team. 

Honestly think there's some of them on here; reckon some are fully detached from both teams, but it's how they are so aloof that's alarming and I think that type are always going to raise a red flag

Pretty sure that they think if they out themselves as both, they'll get ripped to shreds

Born just outside london, settled permanently here about 15 years ago, been going to Tynecastle ever since, 9 years st holder. Just love footy up here however its criminally sold short by Doncaster ltd and the old firm monopoly limits further interest from anyone outside of Scotland. I also think the Edinburgh clubs either lack ambition, investment or both. Edinburgh is growing exponentially and that market should be tapped into to create more supporters. I do know that's easier said than done though, especially with the size of the grounds and the financial risk of increasing capacity or moving elsewhere.

maroonedinoz

Sydney now.

Only really see Old Firm strips now and again.

Met a couple of Jambos who were wearing strips.

Never, ever saw anyone in a Hibs top, but I am assured they are about by a guy I played golf with.

Placid Casual
9 hours ago, superjack said:

There's others on here I remember from our school days. @TweedbankJambo was in the year below us, and im pretty sure a poster who used to be called John Mitchell was a couple of years above us.

That's right mate, John was in Gala too.

TweedbankJambo
10 hours ago, superjack said:

Hi superjack, I hope you're well buddy. Mines was self explanatory so I never bothered 😂

The Old Tolbooth
10 hours ago, superjack said:

used to be called John Mitchell was a couple of years above us.

1 hour ago, Placid Casual said:

That's right mate, John was in Gala too.

I'm still here lads, just had a wee name change along the way, hope you're both doing well :) 

There's a big following from Gala, but I moved to Rosyth in 2007, and there's a huge following here of Hearts fans, we took 8 buses to the cup final against St Mirren in 2013, there's a scattering of Dingles too, sadly!