• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jackhmfc1348

• superjack

• martoon

• Doctor FinnBarr

On 19/10/2023 at 08:01, Davser82 said:

Stay in Hamilton now but originally from East Kilbride. Used to go on the Glasgow Hearts bus back in the 90s and early 2000s.

I grew up in Silvertonhill if you know it.

7 hours ago, Morgan said:

:sweeet:

So I'm lead to believe, Morg.

I have no experience of being either.

😊

FTHIBS...

...criminal, lowlife, plebeian, junkie, Edinburgh's underbelly, emailing feckers...

...but I've never been one to judge.

13 hours ago, cookieboy said:

BC ? 

Guy I played football with at under 18.Think he is on Pie and Bovril as BC57. Supports Lanark as well as Hearts (and Villa) Does the odd match report for Lanark games on P&B

21 minutes ago, Davser82 said:

I'm on low waters road so not too far from silvertonhill.

I know it, of course. I went to Low Waters Primary for 1 year until Chatelheraut opened in 1973. I believe Low Waters closed sometime in the late 90s. Hard to forget that steep hill I had to walk up every day aged 5/6! We used to go shopping at the Plaza in East Kilbride a fair bit growing up though I read that’s in a bad way these days. It was thriving when I was growing up.

Recently moved to Linlithgow and as far as I'm aware there's a healthy contingent of Hearts here, Linlithgow supporters club too if I'm right?

Qu for any locals - which pub would you normally watch hearts games if on the telly? Platform? Post office pub? Unable to attend tomorrow due to a family thing but hoping to get some of it and keen to see if there are any pubs popular with our lot on match days

9 hours ago, moonraker said:

Guy I played football with at under 18.Think he is on Pie and Bovril as BC57. Supports Lanark as well as Hearts (and Villa) Does the odd match report for Lanark games on P&B

Brian Croll ?

59 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I know it, of course. I went to Low Waters Primary for 1 year until Chatelheraut opened in 1973. I believe Low Waters closed sometime in the late 90s. Hard to forget that steep hill I had to walk up every day aged 5/6! We used to go shopping at the Plaza in East Kilbride a fair bit growing up though I read that’s in a bad way these days. It was thriving when I was growing up.

EK is in bad way just now. Was a fair few Jambos in EK back when I was first going to games in the 90s. Not so sure now. Would often get asked what team do you really support when at School by people who supported a certain 2 teams who shall remain nameless 😉

53 minutes ago, Davser82 said:

EK is in bad way just now. Was a fair few Jambos in EK back when I was first going to games in the 90s. Not so sure now. Would often get asked what team do you really support when at School by people who supported a certain 2 teams who shall remain nameless 😉

I can work out which 2 I think 😉 I believe Glasgow Hearts used to pick up there. A real shame EK’s gone downhill as I always thought it was an upbeat sort of a place. The biggest of Scotland’s 5 new towns. I went to the Dolan baths a lot too, famously 50 yards and not 50 metres otherwise it could have held international competitions.

I get the same here too - expected to support one or the other of the cheeks, especially with a Western Accent. Or at least have a preference of one over the other. If I had my way I’d shut them both down tomorrow.

On 26/08/2023 at 22:06, The Tackle said:

Kilsyth where I’ve met 2 Hearts fans since I moved here. Full of Tims 

From Kirkintilloch - not a lot of Hears fans out here sadly.

On 27/08/2023 at 10:50, Walrus said:

I'm originally Edinburgh but now live in Gartcosh, so not far from Coatbridge.

Drove past a guy in a Hearts top in Gartcosh once so I may not be the only one here.  

Stay in nearby Kirky but been known to frequent Chin Chin on numerous occasions - great place!

StevenNaismith

Born in Muirhouse, raised in West Pilton and currently reside between Kinross & Milnathort. Sometimes travel to away games with the Dunfermline & District Hearts Supporters Club as their bus usually starts in Kinross.

13 hours ago, JH-HMFC said:

Recently moved to Linlithgow and as far as I'm aware there's a healthy contingent of Hearts here, Linlithgow supporters club too if I'm right?

Qu for any locals - which pub would you normally watch hearts games if on the telly? Platform? Post office pub? Unable to attend tomorrow due to a family thing but hoping to get some of it and keen to see if there are any pubs popular with our lot on match days

Stood beside a guy from Linlithgow at the 2012 final, pure jambo.

On 26/08/2023 at 22:02, Jackhmfc1348 said:

As I made this thread I may aswell say where I live 

I live in Penicuik where there’s quite a lot of hearts fans 

I’m from Penicuik but live in Ullapool where there are quite a few jambos and even a house that was a B&B called Tynecastle. Only a few of us with STs though.

10 hours ago, KirkyCol said:

I drive the 247 bus to Kirkintilloch nearly every day 👍

12 hours ago, KirkyCol said:

Stay in nearby Kirky but been known to frequent Chin Chin on numerous occasions - great place!

Not far at all. Chin chin is brilliant. 

My sister in law and husband stay in Kirky,he's a Partick Thistle fan. Spots Craig Halkett on a regular basis walking his dog. 

11 hours ago, The Tackle said:

I drive the 247 bus to Kirkintilloch nearly every day 👍

Sure I got that a few years ago from the roundabout near Broadwood stadium - if it goes near Gartconner then that's not a million miles away from where I am. 

9 hours ago, Walrus said:

Not far at all. Chin chin is brilliant. 

My sister in law and husband stay in Kirky,he's a Partick Thistle fan. Spots Craig Halkett on a regular basis walking his dog. 

Yeah it's a superb Chinese - next there on 13th Nov, can't wait!

Went to see Clyde a good few times back in the day so enjoyed the Partick rivalry - especially as one of my best mates loves Thistle.

So Craig's parental family stay very near me and I see him in his car quite a bit and a couple of times walking his dog too.

Could really do with him being back to full fitness.

16 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Born in Muirhouse, raised in West Pilton and currently reside between Kinross & Milnathort. Sometimes travel to away games with the Dunfermline & District Hearts Supporters Club as their bus usually starts in Kinross.

I'm led to believe they have 5 buses for the Cup semi final ? 

My mate is a member, stays in The Ferry he uses their services every now and then. 

5 buses is bloody good for that area. 👏 

StevenNaismith
12 hours ago, dannymack said:

My mate is a member, stays in The Ferry he uses their services every now and then. 

There’s 3 full and talk of a fourth. Think we have over 200 members.

21 hours ago, KirkyCol said:

Yeah it's a superb Chinese - next there on 13th Nov, can't wait!

Went to see Clyde a good few times back in the day so enjoyed the Partick rivalry - especially as one of my best mates loves Thistle.

So Craig's parental family stay very near me and I see him in his car quite a bit and a couple of times walking his dog too.

Could really do with him being back to full fitness.

I’m originally from Kirky and now in Cumbernauld 

3 hours ago, jambo_No5 said:

I’m originally from Kirky and now in Cumbernauld 

I used to take the Glasgow supporters bus through to home and away games - back in Jim Jefferies days though.

22 hours ago, dannymack said:

10 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

There’s 3 full and talk of a fourth. Think we have over 200 members.

Three, four or five that's an impressive number for an Edinburgh club in Fife.

And not a single punter could exactly be called a "glory hunter". 😊

Edited by martoon

7 hours ago, martoon said:

Three, four or five that's an impressive number for an Edinburgh club in Fife.

And not a single punter could exactly be called a "glory hunter". 😊

I know quite a few 'aulder heeds' from the kirkcaldy and surrounding areas that have nothing to do with the D&DHSC, definitely says a lot for our support when it can boast good numbers from accross The Firth of Forth. 

According to my Ferry mate there's definitely 4 buses going to Hampden.

Tokyo Drifter
On 26/08/2023 at 21:59, Malinga the Swinga said:

Born and raised in Easter Road. Now live in Fairmilehead.

Impressive. Not the Fairmilehead bit. 

Tokyo Drifter
On 26/08/2023 at 21:58, Jackhmfc1348 said:

More of a fun question where do us hearts fans come from what areas/towns and what areas/towns have alot of hearts fans 

Born in Clerie, family from Portobello/Newcraighall/Methil/Buckhaven. 

StevenNaismith
7 hours ago, dannymack said:

I know quite a few 'aulder heeds' from the kirkcaldy and surrounding areas that have nothing to do with the D&DHSC, definitely says a lot for our support when it can boast good numbers from accross The Firth of Forth. 

According to my Ferry mate there's definitely 4 buses going to Hampden.

Yeah the fourth was confirmed yesterday. We’ve got a sports bar booked out, hopefully enough beer to forgot about the football.

On 24/10/2023 at 11:44, Tokyo Drifter said:

Impressive. Not the Fairmilehead bit. 

:leveinproblem:

Well, The Braids actually!

Cairneyhill Jambo
On 21/10/2023 at 19:23, JH-HMFC said:

I'm originally from Linlithgow but moved to Dunfermline years ago. The Unicorn pub was where the Hearts bus left from but its been shut for decades now. Likewise, the Swan Tavern was owned by a good Hearts fan but he retired a few years ago. Probably the best place to watch the football now is the post office. You should get yourself along to some of the Linlithgow Rose home games if Hearts are away. They have a cracking social club so you can have a pint before and after the game. Think it has Sky Sports. I know that a few Hearts follow the Rose. 

Edited by Cairneyhill Jambo

Spitonastranger
On 22/10/2023 at 00:07, KirkyCol said:

Im one, train from Croy, see a few Hearts fans getting on there