What areas/ towns do hearts fans come from

Jackhmfc1348

3 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Have they warned you about the lunatic Carstairs siren that goes off once a month? Sorry, it did when I worked there nigh on 40 years ago now, not long after the escape/murder rampage.

I heard it once when I was playing golf at Carnwath, lasted for ages. Didn't do my game much good, trying to keeping one eye oot on what was going on around me. A ball fired into the trees wasn't looked for! 

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jackhmfc1348

• superjack

• martoon

• Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr
33 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I heard it once when I was playing golf at Carnwath, lasted for ages. Didn't do my game much good, trying to keeping one eye oot on what was going on around me. A ball fired into the trees wasn't looked for! 

Does it actually still go off mate? I'm talking about 40 odd year ago

On 26/08/2023 at 22:05, Peakybunnet said:

Dundee 

On 26/08/2023 at 22:20, ShortmanRossco said:

Me too. Actually a surprising amount of Jambos around here.

Healthy Hearts fan base in Dundee. I regularly travel to away games with Hearts fans from Dundee. 

On 26/08/2023 at 22:11, No Idle Talk said:

Born in Elsie Inglis. Grew up in Abbeyhill and Easter Road. Family are all Jambos except my uncle(Rangers). So it was only going to end one way..... 

I was born in Elsie Inglis too. Then moved from Musselburgh where I grew up in mid teens. Lived in Dundee ever since! 

On 28/08/2023 at 20:43, gggggareth said:

Brought up in Gorebridge. 'Gorebrigg' as they say.  Been living in Sweden for 20 years.

Was a lot of Jambo's in Gorebridge when I grew up, but a frustratingly large amount of current buns as well. Used to sicken me hearing their sectarian chants and royalist sheeat. Even when I was a kid I could tell these were knuckle-draggers of the highest order. 

Used to be a Hearts bus that left from Gorebridge back in the day. Good times!

Maybe you should have opted for Hibs or celtic then given that it was only the 'current buns' that sickened you 😏 

Rudi the Cocker Spaniel

Morningside, Gorgie (Wardlaw Place), Haymarket. Now Soller in Mallorca which is beautiful but not so easy to get to Tynie!

On 30/08/2023 at 14:26, rudi must stay said:

Liberton. Plenty Hibees in my street does my head in

The Captain's Cabin Hearts S.C. was a good bus. Travelled on that a couple of times, also the Gilmerton bus that left from The Gay Gordon's circa 1983/84

If I'm right in saying though the South East area is now infested with Irish Republicans/Celtic cretins who run a bus from The Waverley Inn which used to also be a strong Hearts pub (Burdiehouse/Southhouse) worked with a few guys from that end of the town who are no longer associated with it due to simply moving on in life. 

28 minutes ago, Rudi the Cocker Spaniel said:

Morningside, Gorgie (Wardlaw Place), Haymarket. Now Soller in Mallorca which is beautiful but not so easy to get to Tynie!

Better tram than Gorgie though. 😄

Rudi the Cocker Spaniel
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Better tram than Gorgie though. 😄

😂 Yes, it certainly is a lovely ride down to the port. Only issue is Rudi's not allowed which is a shame. Hope life is treating you well. Max MacLaren

4 hours ago, dannymack said:

The Captain's Cabin Hearts S.C. was a good bus. Travelled on that a couple of times, also the Gilmerton bus that left from The Gay Gordon's circa 1983/84

If I'm right in saying though the South East area is now infested with Irish Republicans/Celtic cretins who run a bus from The Waverley Inn which used to also be a strong Hearts pub (Burdiehouse/Southhouse) worked with a few guys from that end of the town who are no longer associated with it due to simply moving on in life. 

My mate gets on the celtic bus from the waverley and he said its still a lot of Hearts fans in it.

On 29/08/2023 at 21:28, cookieboy said:

You guys travel regularly to home games ? or do I already know you ? :berra:

I don't know you mate I know a few guys who go on the lanarkshire bus though,I spilt between forth wanderers and hearts games as I don't have a season ticket so just go when I can get a ticket 

On 31/08/2023 at 08:26, tiger Rudi said:

Hail from Oxgangs, ex Hunters Tryst and Firrhill. Followed Hearts since a young laddie but from age 16 onwards preferred to play football on a Saturday, rather than watch it. Managed to play well into my 40's so wasn't a regular at Tynie until later years. ST holder for a good few years now. Lots of Jambos in Oxgangs back in the day, best footie memory as a youngster would be Tynie under the lights against Locomotive Leipzig. Obviously the cup finals since then. Too much spare time now, spending it between talking shite on here, and the golf course. Love driving in for the game, taking a wee walk up and down Gorgie road a few times, before soaking up the atmosphere in the Wheatfield. Gorgie and Tynie just feel like home!

Can't say I've seen much evidence of many Jambos in Forth where I live now. 

Quite a few in forth mate 

20 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Do you still eat your first born in Forth mate?

🤣🤣

20 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Have they warned you about the lunatic Carstairs siren that goes off once a month? Sorry, it did when I worked there nigh on 40 years ago now, not long after the escape/murder rampage.

Will be 47 years on 30th November 

19 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Does it actually still go off mate? I'm talking about 40 odd year ago

Yes Thursday 1pm

5 minutes ago, wishawjambo said:

I don't know you mate I know a few guys who go on the lanarkshire bus though,I spilt between forth wanderers and hearts games as I don't have a season ticket so just go when I can get a ticket 

Get to Lanark United instead of Forth 👍

16 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Quite a few in forth mate 

🤣🤣

Will be 47 years on 30th November 

Yes Thursday 1pm

Get to Lanark United instead of Forth 👍

Nah I'll pass mate 😂  can't stand the yowes lol Lesmahagow amateurs taking them over is a good move though I work with graeme gracies dad graemes a cracking player 

Carrick knowe born and raised and now calling southern Greece home, a 1500km round trip for last nights game .

Born and grew up in Bruntsfield/Marchmont, moved to North Wales in early teens, then came back home for college. One of the founder members of Willie Bauld branch of FHSC post late 1970's supporters boycott. Had the pleasure of following Hearts around all the wee clubs in the yo-yo years. After 10 years abroad, I have been in London area for last 23 years, used to travel up for home games. I was there on that bad day in 1973 and that great day in 2012. Soon to move full-time to Bulgaria.  Grateful for Hearts TV International.

Leveinthedream
On 26/08/2023 at 22:22, martoon said:

There's a large Hearts support around Alloa, Alva...I believe.

Got a few mates who live around there. Believe it or not they run 2 busses for home games, whereas there's only 1 bus each run by the old firm. Still mainly populated by old firm fans though 

On 30/08/2023 at 19:33, Maple Leaf said:

I know this is not strictly on topic, but I was in a shopping mall this morning and a guy walking towards me gave me a big grin and, in an English accent, said "Nice to see a Hearts top for a change. C'mon the Jambos."

That's in Guelph Ontario.  He made my day.

True story, I was at a Scottish fiesta in a small Spanish town called Teba ( Robert the Bruce's best buddy,the black Douglas fought in a battle to save the town from the moors so they still have an annual Scottish festival) I was walking amongst the food stalls when a bloke shouts "hey Pal, do you know Bobby Kirk?" Yes,he's my mum's late uncle. I replied. " the minute I clapped eyes on you i knew it, I he said,I grew up with him. I was gob smacked,what a small world eh!

Weirdest thing is, I've looked at photos and I look nothing like him.

10 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

True story, I was at a Scottish fiesta in a small Spanish town called Teba ( Robert the Bruce's best buddy,the black Douglas fought in a battle to save the town from the moors so they still have an annual Scottish festival) I was walking amongst the food stalls when a bloke shouts "hey Pal, do you know Bobby Kirk?" Yes,he's my mum's late uncle. I replied. " the minute I clapped eyes on you i knew it, I he said,I grew up with him. I was gob smacked,what a small world eh!

Weirdest thing is, I've looked at photos and I look nothing like him.

It's a small world indeed.

I watched Bobby Kirk in the 1950s.  A skillful right back who replaced Bobby Parker.  He used to take the penalties for Hearts, and was very good at it.

On 30/08/2023 at 18:33, Maple Leaf said:

I know this is not strictly on topic, but I was in a shopping mall this morning and a guy walking towards me gave me a big grin and, in an English accent, said "Nice to see a Hearts top for a change. C'mon the Jambos."

That's in Guelph Ontario.  He made my day.

That's class haha. My wee boy had a Hearts top on in Marrakesh and one of the market stall guys shouted HEARTS! HEARTS! MEDHI TAOUIL! at him 🤣

Edited by Batistuta87

2 hours ago, Leveinthedream said:

Got a few mates who live around there. Believe it or not they run 2 busses for home games, whereas there's only 1 bus each run by the old firm. Still mainly populated by old firm fans though 

I knew a few of the Alloa lads in the late 80's. Always hooked up with them whenever Hearts were at Dunfermline.

Burford Jamtart

Lived in Burford, Oxfordshire for last 20 years. Dad originally from Dundee, before he moved down South.

Previously worn the badge in Swansea, Oxford, Eastbourne, Bedford and St Neots (Cambs).

A couple of Hearts fans in and around the base at Brize Norton - sure I saw a big flag in Carterton after the 2012 final.

• 1 month later...
highlandjambo3

Thought I’d bump this thread as I’m off to Marrakesh in March for a week……just wanted some opinions on the place……..

We like the hustle & bustle of the market type places…..we like to try local foods so looking forward to their food stalls etc.  Going to hire a car for a couple of days, what’s a must see/avoid places to go etc.  don’t really fancy a group tour as we like to do our own thing.

Is their main currency euros or Moroccan dollars (or both) 

Any advice would be appreciated 

highlandjambo3
Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

Thought I’d bump this thread as I’m off to Marrakesh in March for a week……just wanted some opinions on the place……..

We like the hustle & bustle of the market type places…..we like to try local foods so looking forward to their food stalls etc.  Going to hire a car for a couple of days, what’s a must see/avoid places to go etc.  don’t really fancy a group tour as we like to do our own thing.

Oops….wring thread…….I thought this was best/worst cities……I’ll repost 🙄

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Oops….wring thread…….I thought this was best/worst cities……I’ll repost 🙄

:vrface:

The worst thing living down South is that people automatically think you support one of the uglies. It doesn’t help when there's loads of celtic fans in Bristol too. Tbh when I moved down this way I did wonder why Yeovil were really popular until I got corrected 😐

Just remember if anyone asks, you support Heart of Midlothian, not Hearts, not the Jam Tarts or even the Gorgie Boys, we're Edinburghs Darlings and everyone outside of our Capital City should know who and what we are. 

12 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Hamilton. A loooong time ago though.

Hamilton? How long have you been in Wiltshire? Its 21 years in Somerset for me. 

Edited by Marvin

Heart of Darkness
12 hours ago, dannymack said:

Just remember if anyone asks, you support Heart of Midlothian, not Hearts, not the Jam Tarts or even the Gorgie Boys, we're Edinburghs Darlings and everyone outside of our Capital City should know who and what we are. 

That's going to be my reply from now on. Only last week I was asked the question and replied 'Herts' like I've always answered. Heart of Midlothian sounds much better!! 🫠👍🏻

Tunbridge Wells. I’ve bumped into quite a few Jambos down here over the years, just recently in the gym. Hibs FC also use a Physio in town, they send players down for some specific treatment. I saw one of their junior coaches in my local six months ago. I played the Hearts song on my mobile to help him feel at home. 

23 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Very posh

Indeed. Father is from Broomhouse, mum from here. My family has supported Hearts probably since 1874!