• Mikey1874

• Footballfirst

• Chuck Berry

• Prehen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Findlay
10 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

1-0 Hearts, Dall good finish low to keepers right. Nice wee flick from Kirk to set him up.

Chuffed to bits for the laddie. He's had a hard time of it recently with injury.

17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Chuffed to bits for the laddie. He's had a hard time of it recently with injury.

He's had a good game. Hearts starting to dominate now

1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

1-0 Hearts, Dall good finish low to keepers right. Nice wee flick from Kirk to set him up.

31 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

2 - 0 Hearts, Kirk penalty. Stuck it away well but looks like he's injured himself.

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, WDJ87 said:

@Mikey1874 did it finish 2-0? I had to leave before the end.

Yes 2-0 according to Heart B team Twitter. Thanks for your updates and comments.

Excellent pre-season from the young lads. Looking forward to this start of Lowland League games this Friday evening at ainslie park. On last season’s form Gretna 2008 are likely to be one of the weakest teams in the league but I saw that they got a 2-2 home draw against a Hibs XI last night (no idea how young a side Hibs had out)

Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

Yes 2-0 according to Heart B team Twitter. Thanks for your updates and comments.

Excellent pre-season from the young lads. Looking forward to this start of Lowland League games this Friday evening at ainslie park. On last season’s form Gretna 2008 are likely to be one of the weakest teams in the league but I saw that they got a 2-2 home draw against a Hibs XI last night (no idea how young a side Hibs had out)

No problem, happy to post some stuff as I knew there'd be a few interested. 

Was an even start, Kirk had the first chance of the game from close range but keeper saved well. Not much else happened, couple of half chances for both teams. Towards the end of the first half we started to get the upper hand and Stevenson's good play led to the first goal. Wish the clip was longer. Second half Hearts started brighter and were moving the ball about well, controlled the 2nd half (I missed last 10-15 mins I think) Seems they're playing same style the first team will play. Build from the back and move forward quickly. Out of possession they done a good job of forcing Broxburn back and they pushed up the park quickly. 

Dall, Mcluckie, Stevenson and Nair all stood out for me. McFarlane only got the first half and was only really tested once, was a good strong save. Kai Smutek is some size 👀 wasn't his best game but can see he has good potential.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

Dall, Mcluckie, Stevenson and Nair all stood out for me. McFarlane only got the first half and was only really tested once, was a good strong save. Kai Smutek is some size 👀 wasn't his best game but can see he has good potential.

Gus Stevenson was my MOTM. He may have been the youngest payer on the park in the starting lineups, but showed no fear and no little skill.  There's a bit of John McGinn about him (without the big arse), the way he turns players and drives forward. Had a key involvement in the build up to both goals. 

8 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Gus Stevenson was my MOTM. He may have been the youngest payer on the park in the starting lineups, but showed no fear and no little skill.  There's a bit of John McGinn about him (without the big arse), the way he turns players and drives forward. Had a key involvement in the build up to both goals. 

A lovely player and has something different about him. Gus will be some player when he gets his passing sorted once he has beat his man and burst forward.

carnockjambo

Thinking of going to game at Ainslie Park on Friday. Where is best to park and how do you access ground. Lastly what’s the admission price ? 

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, carnockjambo said:

Thinking of going to game at Ainslie Park on Friday. Where is best to park and how do you access ground. Lastly what’s the admission price ? 

There's a decent sized car park at the Leisure Centre, but it can get busy. There is also on street parking nearby on Pilton Drive and elsewhere. Access to the ground is through the car park.

Alternatively you can park at Morrison's on Ferry Road or park further way and access the ground  along the old railway path either from the Crewe Toll or Granton Road directions.

Hearts had the lowest entry fees in the LL last season at £5/£3, so hopefully they will keep it low.

23 hours ago, carnockjambo said:

Prices confirmed

RustyRightPeg
On 18/07/2023 at 23:34, Footballfirst said:

Was speaking to a Broxburn player last night and he couldn’t believe not only how sharp the Hearts team was but how physically quick and strong they were as well. 

He’s a centre half and wasn’t complimentary of Kirk at all. 

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Was speaking to a Broxburn player last night and he couldn’t believe not only how sharp the Hearts team was but how physically quick and strong they were as well. 

He’s a centre half and wasn’t complimentary of Kirk at all. 

Thats good to hear, I think its interesting to see the team do so well when they are missing some players who would be first choices (either with first team or injured:) Rathie, Gordon, Tait, Thomas, Pollock, Sandilands and Wilson. 

The club statement announcing his one year contract made it clear that the club think Kirk can do well but he needs to work at improving things. I know its obvious but this season is make or break for him at Hearts, as I am sure there are younger players who will be pushing for his role.

Chuck Berry

Free entry tomrrow night

𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋 To celebrate our move to Ainslie Park, we are delighted to confirm fans can come along and support the Wee Jambos in their season opener against for🆓

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Free entry tomrrow night

𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋 To celebrate our move to Ainslie Park, we are delighted to confirm fans can come along and support the Wee Jambos in their season opener against for🆓

Well done Hearts , great to see this kind of thing

Looking forward to Hearts B tonight. Should be a great and hopefully a good crowd come along to see the @WeeJambos

Plenty of exciting talent on show.

Footballfirst

The video filmed at Ainslie Park gives an idea about who will be in the match squad for tonight's game. No Flatman, Rathie nor the two injured guys Tait and Forrester.  However, Sandilands, McLuckie McFarlane, Dall, Gordon and Kirk were all there from those who have spent some time with the first team.

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The video filmed at Ainslie Park gives an idea about who will be in the match squad for tonight's game. No Flatman, Rathie nor the two injured guys Tait and Forrester.  However, Sandilands, McLuckie McFarlane, Dall, Gordon and Kirk were all there from those who have spent some time with the first team.

Yeah, I imagine a very different B Team than has taken to the field recently.

Portable Badger
17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

2-0 to Hearts after 7 minutes (goals from McLuckie and Kirk)

Nice one.   Many folk watching this evening?

Niemi’s gloves

Decent game so far. Pity for an old guy with ageing eyesight that there is a bit of a colour clash (all maroon and all black). Fortunately the linos are a lot younger than me. 

Portable Badger
11 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Decent game so far. Pity for an old guy with ageing eyesight that there is a bit of a colour clash (all maroon and all black). Fortunately the linos are a lot younger than me. 

👍🏻

I’m only going off what I see on here but it feels like Kirks laddie has been scoring goals for years now

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I’m only going off what I see on here but it feels like Kirks laddie has been scoring goals for years now

Breakthrough season ? 

Only managed to catch the first half, but looked to be about 300-400 there.

McLuckie and Sandilands were the best in the first-half for me. Thought Kirk was a bit off despite scoring in the first half but good to see he had fun in the second :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

One better. Against 10 men last season, think they will be better this season