• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Footballfirst

• Chuck Berry

• Niemi’s gloves

Portable Badger

Excellent Wee Jambos.    

I was quietly stewing away thinking it was still 2-0,or worse, due to the radio silence. 

Hungry hippo
2 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Excellent Wee Jambos.    

I was quietly stewing away thinking it was still 2-0,or worse, due to the radio silence. 

The radios silence feeling was correct then 2 goals in 4 mins. Kirk (pen) and then Friel.

Portable Badger
Just now, Hungry hippo said:

The radios silence feeling was correct then 2 goals in 4 mins. Kirk (pen) and then Friel.

👍🏻

Portable Badger

Shame.

Good comeback and sounds as though it was a good effort & game. Guess Rathie will need to reflect on his reaction and letting team down

Footballfirst
13 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Good comeback and sounds as though it was a good effort & game. Guess Rathie will need to reflect on his reaction and letting team down

He had a little kick out on Saturday too, after a bad foul on him.  He got a yellow and his assailant got away with a talking to.

Portable Badger
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He had a little kick out on Saturday too, after a bad foul on him.  He got a yellow and his assailant got away with a talking to.

Hopefully he can learn to curb it as when he gets his chance with the First team the opposition will play on it to get him off the park.

Graeme Russell

Just back from the game. Talk about a game of 2 halves it certainly was.  Brechin 2 up at half time deservedly but their center half never appeared for second half and the game changed. Hearts came flying out of the traps second half and deservedly got the game level with the 2nd goal a beauty from Friel after Kirk had scored from the spot. It could have gone either way after that and pens decided it. The sending off in the first half was madness leaving the ref no option but to send him off. Hearts played some good stuff with ten men. The young Hearts keeper looks really good and he had a couple of fine saves. Liked also when the no 9 had his spot kick saved and the ref gave a retake and he missed again some of his team mates went to console him  especially young Kirk. Good yo see. A very enjoyable game

13 minutes ago, Graeme Russell said:

Just back from the game. Talk about a game of 2 halves it certainly was.  Brechin 2 up at half time deservedly but their center half never appeared for second half and the game changed. Hearts came flying out of the traps second half and deservedly got the game level with the 2nd goal a beauty from Friel after Kirk had scored from the spot. It could have gone either way after that and pens decided it. The sending off in the first half was madness leaving the ref no option but to send him off. Hearts played some good stuff with ten men. The young Hearts keeper looks really good and he had a couple of fine saves. Liked also when the no 9 had his spot kick saved and the ref gave a retake and he missed again some of his team mates went to console him  especially young Kirk. Good yo see. A very enjoyable game

No 9 is Sandilands - always been very impressed with him, hopefully doesn't knock his confidence.

Graeme Russell
9 minutes ago, AppleTarts said:

No 9 is Sandilands - always been very impressed with him, hopefully doesn't knock his confidence.

Agree, I did not know his name but he looked a decent confident player. Horrible way to lose a game.

I was running late so arrived shortly before Rathie was sent off. He was on the wrong end of a shoulder barge into the boards beside the pitch, not much in it but lost his head and paid for his naivety. 

The lads played with much better fluidity in the 2nd half. Great movement from Kirk to win the penalty, looked like the ball may be away before Soapy’s bean buddy lunged in. He stuck the penalty away nicely though. He’d also rattled the bar from the edge of the box shortly before this. Friel’s hit for the second was a peach 🎯 

After that the game opened up and both sides had chances to win. Despite several good stops throughout, McFarlane never looked too confident during the shootout. 

It was a great effort in the 2nd half and you wouldn’t have thought they were a man down. Didn’t catch his name but no 21 had a good game when he came on at the back. Kirk had a good second half, Sandilands was positive and lively but McLuckie was the stand out for me - always looking to attack and did an absolute power of running. 

Footballfirst
17 minutes ago, dumpson said:

It was a great effort in the 2nd half and you wouldn’t have thought they were a man down. Didn’t catch his name but no 21 had a good game when he came on at the back. Kirk had a good second half, Sandilands was positive and lively but McLuckie was the stand out for me - always looking to attack and did an absolute power of running. 

I assume that it was Kai Smutek. Very tall and slim. Improved significantly over the last season. 

10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I assume that it was Kai Smutek. Very tall and slim. Improved significantly over the last season. 

Cheers FF, thought he had a good game considering the circumstances !

First time seeing a lot of the younger lads and I was impressed with their overall size and strength. I thought Flatman looked really good at the back in addition to the other players highlighter by others. I did think Drysdale had a poor game but as i have only seen him once it was maybe an off day. An enjoyable night and hope others can get out to see the B team and give them support. 

Jambo senior

Dryesdale only playing his 2nd game and first start since being out more or less for a year.   Flatman and the other big centre back with dark hair ( kenny I think they shouting)were excellent ( Kai that came on for Flatman did very well also),    Duncan in centre mid worked his socks off,   Kirk had a good final 30 mins when team got on top,  Sandylands in centre mid was unbelievable in second half, tackling , passing and thought he had scored with shot from distance but typically he missed the pen,     I think if you added Dahl, Forrester, Gordon, tait, Thomas into that and keep 11 they win that game comfortably.   Hard lesson 

Niemi’s gloves
46 minutes ago, Jambo senior said:

Dryesdale only playing his 2nd game and first start since being out more or less for a year.   Flatman and the other big centre back with dark hair ( kenny I think they shouting)were excellent ( Kai that came on for Flatman did very well also),    Duncan in centre mid worked his socks off,   Kirk had a good final 30 mins when team got on top,  Sandylands in centre mid was unbelievable in second half, tackling , passing and thought he had scored with shot from distance but typically he missed the pen,     I think if you added Dahl, Forrester, Gordon, tait, Thomas into that and keep 11 they win that game comfortably.   Hard lesson 

I think ‘kenny’ would actually be Kenzi (Nair)

Jambo senior
2 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

2 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Yes sorry course it was .    He did very well 

Niemi’s gloves
51 minutes ago, Graeme Russell said:

Highlights of the game on the Brechin City Web site.

I see from their website that the crowd was 474, pretty decent for this competition and with home season tickets not valid for this game. 

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Looks like they had enough chances to win it with 10 men.

https://www.brechincity.com/bcfc/p

Watched the final penalty about 4 times - still can’t believe that our  keeper didn’t keep it out although he obviously made some good saves during the game. Their keeper also looked decent. I think he’s a 17 year old who was released by Dundee United in the summer. I guess his problem is lack of height rather than lack of ability. 

Also worth congratulating Brechin on the technical quality of these highlights

Footballfirst
20 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Any update by any chance?👍🏻

1-0 to St Mirren at ht. Scored right on 45 mins (against the run of play).

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

1-0 to St Mirren at ht. Scored right on 45 mins (against the run of play).

Ahh bugger. Thanks for update.