Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Footballfirst

• Chuck Berry

• Prehen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Footballfirst

I'd expect that tonight's team will be similar to that which started against Whitehill on Saturday with the exception of McFarlane as keeper.

The video of the 1st team goals v Fleetwood this afternoon show that all the youngsters who went to Spain are still with the 1st team, including McFarlane who came on as sub keeper.

I hope that the first choice "B Team" gets an opportunity to play together before the Lowland League starts on 21st July, either on Saturday at Dunbar or on Tuesday at Broxburn.

Portable Badger
5 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

3-0 to Hearts B now with Mak Kirk getting the third (Preston’s Twitter)

👍🏻

Niemi’s gloves
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

2nd was OG

apologies for my earlier 4-0 post. For some reason Preston Athletic’s Twitter posted that score at full time

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

apologies for my earlier 4-0 post. For some reason Preston Athletic’s Twitter posted that score at full time

It should have been 4, but the keeper saved Harry Gordon's last second effort when through one on one.

Portable Badger
4 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

No Wukin Furries

Niemi’s gloves
5 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

This might be a daft question but are Mak Kirk and Mackenzie Kirk the same person? 

Yes. He’s actually Makenzie  Kirk (no ‘c’). Maybe it’s a Northern Ireland spelling

Portable Badger
9 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Yes. He’s actually Makenzie  Kirk (no ‘c’). Maybe it’s a Northern Ireland spelling

I’ve never noticed that before

The Treasurer
10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Kirk's second goal was a peach of a strike from 25 yards into the postage stamp corner.

I thought, given his form last season, that Kirk might have been involved with the first team for the preseason games.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I thought, given his form last season, that Kirk might have been involved with the first team for the preseason games.

His scoring record is good, but there there are areas of his game where he needs to be better, e.g. first touch, timing of his runs, strength on the ball. The next couple of strikers in line, Mackenzie Ross and James Wilson may prove to be better all round players.

The coaching staff clearly have reservations about him given how the announcement of his new contract was worded, with Joe Savage saying:

“Makenzie needs to keep that hard work up, keep doing what the coaches ask of him, do his gym work, and become quicker and stronger. First and foremost, if he does well for the B Team, then the management and coaching staff will see if there’s that first team spot.

“That’s what we want at Hearts, and what we need to see.”

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

His scoring record is good, but there there are areas of his game where he needs to be better, e.g. first touch, timing of his runs, strength on the ball. The next couple of strikers in line, Mackenzie Ross and James Wilson may prove to be better all round players.

The coaching staff clearly have reservations about him given how the announcement of his new contract was worded, with Joe Savage saying:

“Makenzie needs to keep that hard work up, keep doing what the coaches ask of him, do his gym work, and become quicker and stronger. First and foremost, if he does well for the B Team, then the management and coaching staff will see if there’s that first team spot.

“That’s what we want at Hearts, and what we need to see.”

Thanks for the update FF 

If he is going to make progress as a striker then he can't have a better teacher than Naismith 

The Mighty Thor

Looking forward to seeing the B team visit New Countess Park on Saturday. 

Dunbar will give them a good work out. 

Footballfirst

Half time 2-1 Hearts after going one down. Playing well but shooting has been poor.

Both goals came from Murray Thomas corners, first a header from Kai Smutek, then a close range shot from Mackenzie Ross.

Is Pollock injured? Did not appear to be involved in the first team friendly during the week.

Edited by Beave1874

Gorgierools
1 minute ago, Beave1874 said:

Is Pollock injured? Did not appear to be involved in the first team friendly during the week.

Probably on the bus to Wigan 

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

I believe he was/is injured, along with Tait, Forrester and Drysdale.

Footballfirst
21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Friel, Nair and McLuckie can all still play at U18.

I'm still pretty sure that Stone is too old. Denholm may be likewise but is a late birthday (November), so may qualify as an U20 if the qualifying date is changed along with the CAS age groups.

I've been looking for the rules on age eligibility, but none have been published to my knowledge.  It may have been a gentlemen's agreement with the OF originally (an oxymoron if ever there was one).

However I found a tweet from Steven McGowan from  the Daily Mail prior to the start of the first season of B Teams (2021/22), which echoes my understanding.

41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure of this analysis and what the one asterisk means. All players noted here are firstly B Team players. So I don’t know what it means when noting Tait and Pollock “can play from first team”. Wilson probably has played more minutes than any young in pre season and is in Wigan this weekend. Rathie and Sandilands looking good. Some of these guys will get first team opportunities. Pollock to my knowledge the only guy who has first team minutes so to me he is ahead of the names in this list.

what I will say it is going to be a great team to watch on a Friday night. These players were awesome in the second half if the season last year. I expect some great football from this lot.

Footballfirst
36 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

was it the same trialist goalie in the last 2 matches,do we know who it is?

Kenzie Smyth, ex-St Mirren U18s last season.

Anyone know the prices for the Friday night games at Ainslie park? Will probably head along to most of them so just wondering how much they’ll charge

Chuck Berry
20 hours ago, FionaHmfc said:

Anyone know the prices for the Friday night games at Ainslie park? Will probably head along to most of them so just wondering how much they’ll charge

Last season it was a fiver.