***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Thread 2023***

tartofmidlothian

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Does he get a game for Villa these days?

Very much so. villa fans will not want to lose him.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Mikey1874

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Things improved for Hibs after they cut their squad in January. Lee Johnson talking of more cuts.

Yep, sure did.  Their recruitment the previous window or two was mad - proper batshit stuff - and have to say, Johnson seemed to do OK in January - wonder if he was given more control?  Did Ian Gordon perhaps let go of the reigns a little in terms of him being head recruity man.

I honestly think it was no coincedene that their fortunes upturned when Porteous left!

Naisys Tackle
23 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Not in the know but I think that’s what’s happening. Heard rumours from unreliable places that he would be announced with Naismith appointment last week then suddenly he leaves Aberdeen. Could be coincidence I guess. 

That was fast :) 

3 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

That was fast :) 

Aye, obviously all sorted before he quit the sheep. Feel free to ask the bookies for odds on the next manager after Naismith.  

Naisys Tackle
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye, obviously all sorted before he quit the sheep. Feel free to ask the bookies for odds on the next manager after Naismith.  

:getout:

8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Big sell on fees possible for Lewis Ferguson to Aberdeen and Josh Doig to Hibs this summer.

But John McGinn is staying at Aston Villa.

Josh Doig hasn't done much when I’ve seen him so don’t know how he’s going for big money 🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, Kyle Lafferty HoMSC said:

Josh Doig stuff seemed to have gone a bit quiet, I'm sure I saw that he was linked with a newly-promoted Italian side.

Can't think they'll be paying all that much surely

He must have been amazing last season did his side not get relegated ?

4 hours ago, theshed said:

Josh Doig hasn't done much when I’ve seen him so don’t know how he’s going for big money 🤷‍♂️

2 goals 3 assists and his side got relegated im sure so still seems like he can't defend.

12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He must have been amazing last season did his side not get relegated ?

No, they stayed up. But probably because he was on the bench in the playoff. 😁

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Papers linking Hibs to Jamie McGrath. 🤔

They have kept that fish guy too, seemed to do well after he got ragdolled at Tynie.

3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Bargain 

Thts a lot of goals to replace.  Could they be in trouble next season?

RustyRightPeg
13 hours ago, theshed said:

He’s been very good in fairness to the lad. 

52 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Kettlewell done decent after taking over but like you say a lot of goals to replace him with. Motherwell have done well identifying strikers from out of nowhere over the years that seemed to bang in a few goals for them though. Whenever we tried the same method they always failed miserably! 

9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Diid they not end up sacking one of their many shite managers over a failed attempt to sign him a few years ago 

9 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Kettlewell done decent after taking over but like you say a lot of goals to replace him with. Motherwell have done well identifying strikers from out of nowhere over the years that seemed to bang in a few goals for them though. Whenever we tried the same method they always failed miserably! 

True!!

Not convinced that he's any better than say Aaron McEneff.

Dundee United fans really don’t rate him. Good at pens mind you. 

Batistuta87
7 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Bargain 

Based on them saying a Scottish team couldn't afford him i thought they would be looking for more than a million. Letting him go for as little as £500k even with another 50% in add-ons would be poor, poor business. 

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, karipidis said:

Rangers about to sign a striker for £3.5 million. Think Shankland is staying…

He originally looked like he was going to be very good this boy, but he's fallen away. Interesting to see how he does here, if they sign him.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Would we be in trouble without Shankland?

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Van Veen's goals last season won Motherwell 20 points.

So take away his goals and Motherwell would have been relegated.

10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Very good signing. Definitely think we need to pull a couple of worldies out of the bag as Aberdeen seem to be doing good business. 

RustyRightPeg

Hibs and Aberdeen spending relatively big money on signings that keep them where they were, not improve them.

No need to panic. 

32 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Very good deal for Aberdeen esp considering the other clubs allegedly after him

Value of securing European football 

jamboinglasgow
46 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Hibs and Aberdeen spending relatively big money on signings that keep them where they were, not improve them.

No need to panic. 

Yup, Aberdeen have signed 1 midfielder who they already had last season, 1 right back who is decent though may be a squad player and a Striker of unknown quality (could be amazing, could be awful, we dont know.) They need to make a lot more signings (probably at least 8 more from those 3.)

The idea we have to get the most amazing players to keep up with them is crazy. 

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No need to panic. 

It’s not so much the purchasing of the player improving the squad on last season. Rather the ROI they will make on this deal. 

They seem to have hit on a magic formula recently in terms of transfers. They’ve probably sold players to the value of £20m over the last 3 years. Before you include add ons and sell on fees. 

They need the money for ongoing costs/new stadium. Imagine we had the same model but that £20m could be reinvested completely in the playing side. 

Rick Sanchez

Genuinely don't think Clarkson is worth a decent wedge.

Levitt was worth a big fee last season but the best he could get was a move to the Arabs bench.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Excuse my ignorance who have they sold that it comes to a total of £20m 

McKenna is one I can think of and McCrorie. That’s probably about £7m there not sure who else. They get money for Shinnie?

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

McKenna is one I can think of and McCrorie. That’s probably about £7m there not sure who else. They get money for Shinnie?

Ramsay was 6 million.

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Ramsay was 6 million.

Yep. Ferguson was over £3m as well, Cosgrove over £2m and they even sold that huddy Hernandez for close to £1m I think. They certainly know how to get a good price for their players.

jamboinglasgow

according to Transfermarkt (whose figures are normally more reliable though their figures are in Euros) they got 3.5m for Ferguson, 4.9m for Ramsay, 2.3m for McCrorie, 3.3m for Mckenna and 2.3 for Cosgrove (suspect these figures are not counting add-ons which are often used to push the price in the press but may unlikely to be met.) So that comes to 16.3m Euros or £14m

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Genuinely don't think Clarkson is worth a decent wedge.

Levitt was worth a big fee last season but the best he could get was a move to the Arabs bench.

How much would you value Rowles or Devlin? 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

according to Transfermarkt (whose figures are normally more reliable though their figures are in Euros) they got 3.5m for Ferguson, 4.9m for Ramsay, 2.3m for McCrorie, 3.3m for Mckenna and 2.3 for Cosgrove (suspect these figures are not counting add-ons which are often used to push the price in the press but may unlikely to be met.) So that comes to 16.3m Euros or £14m

They just got another £1m for McKenna for them staying up to add to the £1m they got for promotion too. 

Rick Sanchez
9 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

How much would you value Rowles or Devlin? 

Rowles 2/3m plus add ons.

Devlin 750k plus add ons.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Clarksons well worth the money then in that case imo.

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

£2 million mate just have to hope the scouts turned up with blindfolds on 

34 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Still decent and I'm sure Ramsey rises depending on games played etc.I honestly couldn't think of the others apart from Ferguson and Ramsay.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thankfully a lot of that cash was spent on running costs, their Main Stand is costing them close to a million every year and energy bills have risen. 

They have money to spend all the same but no more than ourselves I think

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Still decent and I'm sure Ramsey rises depending on games played etc.I honestly couldn't think of the others apart from Ferguson and Ramsay.

Be amazed if he ever makes it at Liverpool. 

Ferguson could get them a sell on. Vice versa McCrorie money not all theirs