***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Thread 2023***

tartofmidlothian

20 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Even when they were winning under Robson they still looked honking I was delighted when they gave him the gig full time.

Ditto, his football is howling plus he's a known tube.  It'll all crash.  If we even have a steadyish season, we'll be fine. 

Hibs will struggle for consistency and get points through flukes as per usual.

Killie look good to be fair but not much beyond their first XI so could struggle if even a couple of injuries.

Aberdeen though, I honestly think they're a mess.  Such a shame we let their mediocrity pip us last season!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Mikey1874

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

Rick Sanchez

I guess the Aberdeen recruitment team looked at previous articles of interest from us in McGrath and then had to go it alone :laugh:

kingantti1874

Jota is being sold 1 month after going to Saudi for £25m. The chat on the socials is before they’ve found out he’s gay.

What a shit country to move to.

Arthur Morgan

I think Aberdeen playing in Europe this season will be too much for them. I can seriously see their league position being negatively affected.

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Jota is being sold 1 month after going to Saudi for £25m. The chat on the socials is before they’ve found out he’s gay.

Unless he’s did it to engineer a move to Spurs

kingantti1874
Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

I think Aberdeen playing in Europe this season will be too much for them. I can seriously see their league position being negatively affected.

without doubt it’s a strain. Let’s hope we face into the same problem.  

aberdeen don’t really worry me that much. We were better than them last season, we should have finished comfortably ahead despite the horrendous injury situation and Europe, if the players hadn’t downed tools for a few months we would have. (Even accounting for Aberdeen players downing tools as well for a bit)

that last game at tynecastle I’ve rarely seen us dominate a team so clearly.  33 shots at goal.  Since then I think we’ve materially improved the squad and we are on the verge of big players coming back ( Beni, Halks, Gordon) .  

Aberdeen have sign a lot of players but have lost a few (pollock, scales, Moria, Ramadani) and I’m not convinced they’ve improved. The looked stacked at CB and for strikers but weak in others.  Not go t a great deal of creativity .  McGrath I don’t rate at this point in his career.  

Let’s see how it goes 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

If they were so worried about their public image, I imagine murdering and chopping up a journalist or using cluster bombs over Yemeni cities probably weren't great moves on the PR front. But yeah, signing Greenwood would be the tipping point...

On 22/08/2023 at 18:44, Italian Lambretta said:

Engineered being gay?

On 22/08/2023 at 16:53, kingantti1874 said:

I don't know if he's gay or not but if he is what was he thinking moving there.

Was just reading about this in Glasgow Times piece.

The comments/rumours are as you'd imagine .Funny as f though.

On 22/08/2023 at 15:11, jamboinglasgow said:

Aberdeen are close to signing striker Pape Habib Gueye from Belgium club Kortrijk.

Bizarrely he was linked with Hibs earlier in the week.

Imagine the chaos if The Rangers had signed him.

Footballfirst

Now it's the turn of young female players in Scotland to be poached by the big EPL clubs.

Edited by Footballfirst

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

A mystery really

Kinda looks more like he fell out of love with the game - same with Bale. 

Interesting they both hit that point at Real Madrid. 

On 25/08/2023 at 18:07, Footballfirst said:

Now it's the turn of young female players in Scotland to be poached by the big EPL clubs.

My lassie goes to school with her.

Emma is a cracking human being.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, ShedBoy said:

My lassie goes to school with her.

Emma is a cracking human being.

Broughton High school per chance?

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

A mystery really

He was quoted as saying "I think about my life gone by, how it's done me wrong, there's no escape for me this time, all of my rescues are gone". 

On 22/08/2023 at 16:53, kingantti1874 said:

If true, people need to get right behind him.

On 22/08/2023 at 18:44, Italian Lambretta said:

Wow!. now that's commitment.

John Findlay
51 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Yes.

My youngest laddie goes there. Did mention that Emma attended there too.

On 22/08/2023 at 19:00, OTT said:

If they were so worried about their public image, I imagine murdering and chopping up a journalist or using cluster bombs over Yemeni cities probably weren't great moves on the PR front. But yeah, signing Greenwood would be the tipping point...

This.

The Sauds public image is like some kind of international Fred West.

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

Aberdeen signing players like they're going out of fashion. 12 already and Cormack says another 1 or 2 to come, WTF

Big target man signed today.

5 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Aberdeen signing players like they're going out of fashion. 12 already and Cormack says another 1 or 2 to come, WTF

The 12 includes 2 players who were on loan last year. So added 10 players. They have 24 players who have left the club either permanently, loans ended or they have gone out on loan this season. A good number of those are youngsters, but overall their first team squad must be smaller than it was at the end of last season. That said, integrating that number of players into the squad is likely to be difficult. Lets hope it goes badly.

46 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

sink or swim. Apparently st Mirren we’re all over them so hopefully they’ve signed shite like hibs did

46 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Big target man signed today.

they certainly look to be going down the big physical market. Soon see if it’s all shite or not 

39 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Sky saying PAOK after that Haskabanovic (sp) fae Tic...

Every time I've seen him play he's been excellent. I get Celtic have loads of options but surprised he hasn't nailed down a starting place, must've been shite when I didn't see him play/

Andy Irving being linked with a move to West Ham, with an immediate loan back to his current club. Andy Irving will never play in the Premier League. 

13 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Andy Irving being linked with a move to West Ham, with an immediate loan back to his current club. Andy Irving will never play in the Premier League. 

Might be getting loaned to a German club Klagenfurt.

tartofmidlothian
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Might be getting loaned to a German club Klagenfurt.

That's his current Austrian club, isn't it?