***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Thread 2023***

tartofmidlothian

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You may have seen that the PIF (owners of Newcastle) bought the 4 largest teams in Saudi earlier in the week so they’re effectively paying for all of these salaries, as well as Newcastle’s ascension and not to include the whole LIV golf saga…

It’s an astounding amount of money. 

i did and they planned to spend 20 billion doing it

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Mikey1874

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Jude Bellingham off to Real Madrid for 103 Million Euros (plus 34 million in add ons.)  Thats mental but a great signing for Real Madrid. 

I think it’s a bargain tbh.  He’s incredible.  Still young . Could play for the for 5/6 years and they sell him back to England for £200m

33 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

image.thumb.png.69be920eab5ff6c49be80d7ed54d8b49.png

Betting suspended on Rodgers joining the Tims.

Watch them all doing back flips when he comes back and saying they didn't really hate him when he left first time. It was just jolly japes.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Saudi Arabia spending loads.

If I was a star player, I'd want to "retire" to a laid back, beautiful nation like Greece/Croatia or to MLS for commercial opportunities and relative anonymity.

I suppose 100 million would change my mind about the Middle East

Absolute Scenes

Rangers after Cyriel Dessers, who played for Heracles the same time Kio did. 

Interestingly, whilst both were at the club, Kio was the third most valuable player, priced at 1.5 million, whicih just goes to show that he clearly has something about him. We've definitely yet to see the best of Kio. 

johnking123
4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Interestingly, whilst both were at the club, Kio was the third most valuable player, priced at 1.5 million, whicih just goes to show that he clearly has something about him. We've definitely yet to see the best of Kio. 

I think so. Can take a player a season to settle. 

Malinga the Swinga
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Good signing for Liverpool that 

Second choice after Bellingham told them he wasn't signing. Shows advantage to buying club if buy out clause in contract as his price would have been expected to be higher in open market

RustyRightPeg
19 hours ago, New Town Loafer said:

image.thumb.png.69be920eab5ff6c49be80d7ed54d8b49.png

Betting suspended on Rodgers joining the Tims.

Des Buckingham, very left field and remarkably short odds. 

Manages in India where he’ll presumably be making a fortune. 

hmfc_liam06
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Des Buckingham, very left field and remarkably short odds. 

Manages in India where he’ll presumably be making a fortune. 

Part of the City group and was in Glasgow at the weekend.

Uncle Buck
5 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I signed Dessers for Hearts on Football Manager 2019. He was my backup to Shankland.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I signed Dessers for Hearts on Football Manager 2019. He was my backup to Shankland.

😂😂 too late to get your hat in the ring now mate

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Part of the City group and was in Glasgow at the weekend.

Interesting. Wonder if we ever cast our net that far. 

12 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Didn’t move for the money though 🫠

He used to support Inter Miami as a kid.

Lifelong ambition to play for them.

:tlj:

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Huge Argentinian community in Miami. He'll enjoy it more than he would have Saudi Arabia. Doesn't hurt Argentina has has established a training camp in Miami and are wanting a bigger US footprint for commercial opportunities and dual national talent recruiting.

Good for Messi on kit deals. The pink and gray tops for Inter Miami are probably going to sell ridiculous numbers worldwide.

I am surprised he got in on the Apple TV deal. Once they give up on the wraparound show and start spacing games instead of stacking everything at the 7:30 pm ET hour, they're going to do much bigger numbers. 

I wonder if Beckham will be able to keep him around for the Miami stadium opening in 2025!

23 hours ago, Smithian said:

If I was a star player, I'd want to "retire" to a laid back, beautiful nation like Greece/Croatia or to MLS for commercial opportunities and relative anonymity.

Or have a couple of years kicking a ball, with all the money you could ever dream of, and every single expense paid for.  Training a couple of times a week, then effectively playing 5 a side with your mates in a sub-standard league peppered with some older superstars.

After he actually retires, he could probably buy Greece, never mind just retire to it.  Can totally see why players are doing it.  If they want to chuck silly money around for a couple of years, I'd be jumping on it.

I take it Messi doesn't support an Argentinian club.

I know he started at Barca but I would have liked to have seen him finish playing for the team he supported as a boy in Argentina.

Rick Sanchez
6 minutes ago, benny said:

I know he started at Barca but I would have liked to have seen him finish playing for the team he supported as a boy in Argentina.

I'm sure he said he'd finish up at Newell's Old Boys.

hmfc_liam06
4 hours ago, benny said:

No money in that for him.

Oh ffs, Norwich have gone and signed Shane Duffy. Hope he's better than he was at Celtic. 🤦‍♂️

On 07/06/2023 at 17:56, Smithian said:

Loads of beaches!

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Nisbet signs 3 year deal at Millwall for 2 million. 

Reports in Scotland have claimed the fee is £2million but the South London Press understands that the deal is much closer to the £1m 

indianajones
51 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Reports in Scotland have claimed the fee is £2million but the South London Press understands that the deal is much closer to the £1m 

Inc wee team on socials saying 3/4 million. 

Nisbet with the broken knees. 

9 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

1 million for Nisbet - 33% due to Dunfermline. They’ve Hibsed it.

700k for the best striker is scottish football 🤣 

skinnybob72
On 09/06/2023 at 10:31, neilnunb said:

Oh ffs, Norwich have gone and signed Shane Duffy. Hope he's better than he was at Celtic. 🤦‍♂️

Do you follow Norwich?

LarrysRightFoot
12 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

1 million for Nisbet - 33% due to Dunfermline. They’ve Hibsed it.

I’ve been told by a Pars fan that going by their cut the initial fee is nowhere near £1m. 

Famous 1874
5 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I’ve been told by a Pars fan that going by their cut the initial fee is nowhere near £1m. 

The journalist who has been associated with Millwall for years said it’s around the 1 million mark for the fee

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

The journalist who has been associated with Millwall for years said it’s around the 1 million mark for the fee

Well Dunfermline are not even receiving £100k initially but will receive more if the add ons are achieved.

This obviously 2nd hand info but I know for a fact this guy knows people within the club at Dunfermline. 

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Well Dunfermline are not even receiving £100k initially but will receive more if the add ons are achieved.

This obviously 2nd hand info but I know for a fact this guy knows people within the club at Dunfermline. 

On one hand, good haul for a newly back in the Championship side. 

On the other, a let down after some of the bigger numbers they heard.

skinnybob72
4 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Well they are my English side, aye.

Boo! 😜

My youngest follows the Tractor Boys. 

8 hours ago, Herbert. said:

700k for the best striker is scottish football 🤣 

More than they got for one of the best young players in Europe, Oli Shaw.  

Edited by gjcc
Made absolutely no sense

1 hour ago, gjcc said:

More than they got for one of the best young players in Europe, Oli Shaw.  

At least Porto got his move to the EPL. 

tartofmidlothian
5 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Banned on the main transfer thread for some reason, Glen Kamara is available. Within a budget that we can afford? Has been told he can leave, ps admin let me back in the transfer thread 👀

Also available is Calvin Ramsay, linked with a loan move to PNE. Another out of our budget? We are crying out for an attacking right-back and he could certainly fill that void for a season whilst we nurture a youth player in the B side?

Calvin Ramsay is a good shout, not sure if we're the level they might want him at though. I guess he's already done Scottish Premiership time.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Banned on the main transfer thread for some reason, Glen Kamara is available. Within a budget that we can afford? Has been told he can leave, ps admin let me back in the transfer thread 👀

Also available is Calvin Ramsay, linked with a loan move to PNE. Another out of our budget? We are crying out for an attacking right-back and he could certainly fill that void for a season whilst we nurture a youth player in the B side?

Message  them and they might let you back in.

Depends on how much of a tit you were to get chucked out in the first place tho.

21 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I would imagine Dunfermline will get their percentage each time hibs get their money. £1million will be spread over the 3 year contract so 100K paid 3 years running seems about right.

Hibs literally just announced their first summer signing as...

Utila Energy

Ripping their own fans now 😁

6 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

@gorgierulesapply88What price do you think Kamara will sell for ?

gorgierulesapply88
39 minutes ago, Largo said:

@gorgierulesapply88What price do you think Kamara will sell for ?

Not sure. But because he's at Rangers I'd probably say 3million.

Which prices us out of course.