***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Thread 2023***

tartofmidlothian

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Calvin Ramsay is a good shout, not sure if we're the level they might want him at though. I guess he's already done Scottish Premiership time.

Been riddled with injury since he went there, surprised to hear a loan is on the cards, last I heard he was long term

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Mikey1874

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, jim747 said:

The Sheep shedding a fair amount of fleece today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65889450

They had 8 (eight) players on loan!?!?  Woah!  They will miss Pollock and after a shaky start, perhaps even Scales.  Shinnie, Clarkson and Coulson were all first XI players too were they not.  Guess some of them may come back, another loan or perm, but really???

Kennedy and Watkins weren't starters but both played a lot too - fair enough to want to replace, but who is left before they sign anyone?!

A lot of work to do up there.  And they just lost their head recruitment guy...

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

They had 8 (eight) players on loan!?!?  Woah!  They will miss Pollock and after a shaky start, perhaps even Scales.  Shinnie, Clarkson and Coulson were all first XI players too were they not.  Guess some of them may come back, another loan or perm, but really???

Kennedy and Watkins weren't starters but both played a lot too - fair enough to want to replace, but who is left before they sign anyone?!

Yeah, they will want a much larger squad to balance Europe and domestic. I make it 21 players (based on their Wiki) in the first team, of which they may be looking to move at least 2 on (in Richarson and Roberts.) Plus there is about 4 youngsters who have not played more than a handful of league games for Aberdeen.

So its not out of the question they may need to make 10 signings this window. The money they do have will need to be spread thinner then.

24 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Shinnie is supposed to be going back on loan but that has been complicated with the Wigan issues 

24 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

They've only just got a first 11 for next season, they could easily be bringing in 10-15 players over the summer

August Landmesser
7 minutes ago, Ribble said:

They've only just got a first 11 for next season, they could easily be bringing in 10-15 players over the summer

between players' wages & signing fees and the spending on ground improvements getting the byre up to UEFA quality, that could be their euromillions all used up

LarrysRightFoot
On 12/06/2023 at 10:18, XB52 said:

I would imagine Dunfermline will get their percentage each time hibs get their money. £1million will be spread over the 3 year contract so 100K paid 3 years running seems about right.

That’s a fair point. As I say though, from what I was told the Pars aren’t even getting £100k initially. 

FWIW, despite the fact Hibs will receive add ons, I hope Nesbit does well down there. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

They didnt have a very big squad anyhow, the smarter ones among them (few) understood they needed pretty much their first 14 to be fit, little else below that.

Getting all of the loans back, as we know, is never easy and can go very late in the window. Liverpool for example I'm sure wont be giving Clarkson away, they might want some of the Ramsay cash back for example.

I'm sure they will sign plenty again and have the money to do so, but a big turnover is quite hard to get right

29 minutes ago, Ribble said:

That doesnt always mean disaster of course.  Look at us 05/06, but it's not easy, especially when they're not shopping at Harrods.  There will be budget but it'll be a lot of punts - they won't all end up being Duks

25 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

between players' wages & signing fees and the spending on ground improvements getting the byre up to UEFA quality, that could be their euromillions all used up

Yep, it’s not going to go very far.

Magnificent.

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

That doesnt always mean disaster of course.  Look at us 05/06, but it's not easy, especially when they're not shopping at Harrods.  There will be budget but it'll be a lot of punts - they won't all end up being Duks

It’s not a great situation to be in with a euro qualifier coming up fast. Weird they’ve got into that state.  

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not a great situation to be in with a euro qualifier coming up fast. Weird they’ve got into that state.  

Isn't it.  But this is the club's whose recruitment is being lauded! No planning, its all just what Cormack wakes up and thinks is a good idea that day as far as I can tell for that whole club's ethos.

Said it before.  We'll see who's laughing this time next year.  I'd not expect our execs to be taking to twitter, but he might get a wee whatsapp from McKinlay I'd think!

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Isn't it.  But this is the club's whose recruitment is being lauded! No planning, its all just what Cormack wakes up and thinks is a good idea that day as far as I can tell for that whole club's ethos.

Said it before.  We'll see who's laughing this time next year.  I'd not expect our execs to be taking to twitter, but he might get a wee whatsapp from McKinlay I'd think!

It’s incredible how the media crawl up their arse. Their goose will be cooked soon enough. We get our act together and Hibs and Aberdeen will be lucky to get as close as they did the season before last. Bar a bad run of results when RN lost the dressing room, our club is in a far better place than theres in every measurable way. 

Edited by GinRummy

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s incredible how the media crawl up their arse. Their goose will be cooked soon enough. We get our act together and Hibs and Aberdeen will be lucky to get as close as they did the season before last. Bar a bad run of results when RN lost the dressing room, our club is in a far better place than theres in every measurable way. 

Aye, but they won some trophies in the 80’s. We need to ken our place eh…🥴

I constantly see the sheep fans bring up the fact they have never been relegated (as if that’s some kind of a achievement) and that they have won 3 more trophies than us (19-16 I believe) despite being formed 29 years later, in a bid to back up their argument they are a bigger club.

Under SAF, they won 9 of those trophies. Had they not had arguably the greatest manager of all time at their 💩 club for those 3 years,  I wonder if they would still be as unbearable as they are. 

As a club, we are indeed in a far better place. And over the course of the next few seasons, I fully expect we will  show this.

1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

I constantly see the sheep fans bring up the fact they have never been relegated (as if that’s some kind of a achievement) and that they have won 3 more trophies than us (19-16 I believe) despite being formed 29 years later, in a bid to back up their argument they are a bigger club.

Under SAF, they won 9 of those trophies. Had they not had arguably the greatest manager of all time at their 💩 club for those 3 years,  I wonder if they would still be as unbearable as they are. 

As a club, we are indeed in a far better place. And over the course of the next few seasons, I fully expect we will  show this.

Their fans are mostly clowns. Most of their online bams should try going to a few games before spouting their shite.

TyphoonJambo
18 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Did they not only avoid relegation once when the promoted team failed to meet some new crappy infrastructure standard?

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, TyphoonJambo said:

Did they not only avoid relegation once when the promoted team failed to meet some new crappy infrastructure standard?

Falkirk.  Sure they also avoided relegation a couple of seasons before that because of league reconstruction too.

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Would be surprised in the least to see Foxy back here.

27 minutes ago, TyphoonJambo said:

I’ve been corrected on this by some of the mutton munchers. 

I believe they would have had a play off if the team due to come up had their stadium up to scratch. 

Absolute Scenes
44 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Aberdeen signing some striker boy, Ester Sokler. 

Boy doesn’t even have a wiki page

37 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Would be surprised in the least to see Foxy back here.

Not in the know but I think that’s what’s happening. Heard rumours from unreliable places that he would be announced with Naismith appointment last week then suddenly he leaves Aberdeen. Could be coincidence I guess. 

Naisys Tackle
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not in the know but I think that’s what’s happening. Heard rumours from unreliable places that he would be announced with Naismith appointment last week then suddenly he leaves Aberdeen. Could be coincidence I guess. 

Yeah same mate and think exactly the same. 👍

hearts @ heart
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

That's OTT.

Wonder how many you can play at a time? 

Should be a fixed lower number of loans permitted. 

Four max and only if you are plagued with injuries. Makes it ludicrous. 

Never knew the had that many. Makes the league a bigger joke than I thought it was.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Aberdeen signing some striker boy, Ester Sokler. 

I read that as Easy Stroker. 

jamboinglasgow
32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Someone was saying a few days ago that he is one of the people interested in being B team manager.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Someone was saying a few days ago that he is one of the people interested in being B team manager.

That would make sense👍

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

I know not a player transfer but why are tic so intent on getting Rodger’s back? He’s hardly the messiah 

To be fair, he was really good as Celtic manager, got them playing a style they like and got the most out of the players putting them up a level meaning it got Celtic a lot of money. So its not crazy that the Celtic Board want him back. However he could not adapt his style to European football which meant Celtic suffered. I do wonder if he will be as great second time around, he is already starting with fans who see him as a traitor for leaving in the first place.

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

According to meeja reports, Dermot Desmond is a big fan of his.  Rodgers has done well everywhere he's been - I think he won every trophy at Celtic in his time.     

I quite like him.   Large number of Sellick fans don't  :whistling:

th?id=OIP.WTDYytGoSFRLZKsv8PvplgHaEw&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

If Brendans coming back to Scotland then it's a clear indication Isla Bryson's getting released soon ;) 

15 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Hope so especially since it wont hit their account until the end of next season 

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

The fish heading back to HIbs

Though he started playing ok towards the end of the season,

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

The fish heading back to HIbs

Good. Another transfer fee on someone who doesn’t improve them.

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Good. Another transfer fee on someone who doesn’t improve them.

Yip , spending money to stand still is always great to see . Even better if they spend to go backwards . Sells Nisbet and spend the first instalment of the one million on turning a loan they had last season in to a permanent 🙂 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yip , spending money to stand still is always great to see . Even better if they spend to go backwards . Sells Nisbet and spend the first instalment of the one million on turning a loan they had last season in to a permanent 🙂 

They'll sell him this year as well, likley for a decent profit,  but from a football point of view- not great for them.

23 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They'll sell him this year as well, likley for a decent profit,  but from a football point of view- not great for them.

Exactly, and that's how hibs operate.  Even their fans seem to equate their players to money rather than on-the-pitch value.  I know a lot of football fans fall in to this shite, but Hibs are mad for it.

Fish came on to a bit of a game but he's far from brilliant I'd suggest.  Like we turned Cochrane perm, and I'd think Alex is streets ahead of this guy.  Never know of course, he's had a year to settle etc, he may do well.  He may be pointedly average.  Hope is they don't sign any other CHs and his partners are Bushiri and/or Hanlon!

I heard that Will Fish he had just split up with his girlfriend when he first signed for them . Must have met some one else towards the end of the season , and was a bit better than the single Fish they had at the start 

RustyRightPeg
39 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The Nisbet money is gone they’ve already bought Youan.

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The Nisbet money is gone they’ve already bought Youan.

Even better . What about the Boyler money ………….. oops never mind . I am sure John McGinns imminent move to Manchester United is just around the corner …………….. fifty million was it 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Even better . What about the Boyler money ………….. oops never mind . I am sure John McGinns imminent move to Manchester United is just around the corner …………….. fifty million was it 

Does he get a game for Villa these days?

Very interested to see recruitment at hibs this summer (same as Aberdeen).

Couple of loanees converted to perm.  Nowt wrong with that, and they may have improvement in them, but that's more of a stand still type thing.  Lost Porteous (which imo improves them, but still they are short at the back).  They only have weeeeee loouuuieeeee at LB who is playable, and surely can't rely on him, and as we know a good LB can be hard to find.  We now have 2 but it took a while.  Wonder if they'll try another one of our failures like Mitchell and Rherras... can I suggest Sowah...?

They don't have much up front now either, and their midfield is functional but not great.  They have guys they're stuck with like McKirdie and Henderson, so can they move them on??!  Who'd want them!?

Lots of business to be done. Theres a similar situation over at Aberdeen and yes they finished above us, but not cos they did WELL!!!!

We, on the other hand, genuinely don't need much.  We can really put all our focus in to, say, 4 good signings and we're golden.

Hibs and/or Aberdeen may smash it and put together great squads over the summer and sometimes having the chance to clear the decks is good (especially when both have been pish), so it could be a positive, but point stands, they've a LOT of work to do.

Big sell on fees possible for Lewis Ferguson to Aberdeen and Josh Doig to Hibs this summer.

But John McGinn is staying at Aston Villa.

Kyle Lafferty HoMSC
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Big sell on fees possible for Lewis Ferguson to Aberdeen and Josh Doig to Hibs this summer.

But John McGinn is staying at Aston Villa.

Josh Doig stuff seemed to have gone a bit quiet, I'm sure I saw that he was linked with a newly-promoted Italian side.

Can't think they'll be paying all that much surely

36 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Does he get a game for Villa these days?

Very interested to see recruitment at hibs this summer (same as Aberdeen).

Couple of loanees converted to perm.  Nowt wrong with that, and they may have improvement in them, but that's more of a stand still type thing.  Lost Porteous (which imo improves them, but still they are short at the back).  They only have weeeeee loouuuieeeee at LB who is playable, and surely can't rely on him, and as we know a good LB can be hard to find.  We now have 2 but it took a while.  Wonder if they'll try another one of our failures like Mitchell and Rherras... can I suggest Sowah...?

They don't have much up front now either, and their midfield is functional but not great.  They have guys they're stuck with like McKirdie and Henderson, so can they move them on??!  Who'd want them!?

Lots of business to be done. Theres a similar situation over at Aberdeen and yes they finished above us, but not cos they did WELL!!!!

We, on the other hand, genuinely don't need much.  We can really put all our focus in to, say, 4 good signings and we're sgolden.

Hibs and/or Aberdeen may smash it and put together great squads over the summer and sometimes having the chance to clear the decks is good (especially when both have been pish), so it could be a positive, but point stands, they've a LOT of work to do.

We should always be looking for constant improvement, every single player should be replaceable if someone better is available in our price range.

If we stand still we will go backwards, eg. if we find someone better than Lawrence Shankland this summer, then we sign him, Shanks will be a back up. (Unlikely I know) 

Resting on our laurels at any point will only lead to regression. big clubs always invest from a position of strength, patting ourselves on the back is not the answer 

Edited by jbee647

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

We should always be looking for constant improvement, every single player should be replaceable if someone better is available in our price range.

If we stand still we will go backwards, eg. if we find someone better than Lawrence Shankland this summer, then we sign him, Shanks will be a back up. (Unlikely I know) 

Resting on our laurels at any point will only lead to regression. big clubs always invest from a position of strength, patting ourselves on the back is not the answer 

100%.  And I think that's where we're at, or approaching, anyway.  There are a couple of positions NEED strengthening, of course, they're obvious.  But it's now 100% about signing guys to improve quality not plug gaps in squad.  Can't think when we've really been in that position before.  Not since the market changed and most clubs have huge turnover the last couple of decades.

Of course it's still worthwile taking to odd punt on Oda, or someone like Lewis Neilson - we can accomodate these guys if we see longterm value with the right nurturing, but I really do think we're close to having a squad now where the additions we make are, as you say, improvements, not necessities.

(Huge caveat here is the injured lads coming back OK, and maybe also Gino signing)