***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Thread 2023***

tartofmidlothian

Naisys Tackle
26 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Like the Chinese league around a decade ago. All the stars were going there like that Brazilian lad Oscar for big bucks. Osman Sow too 

The difference being the Saudis can sustain it. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Mikey1874

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

That only stopped because the government put restrictions on how many foreigners could be bought, cant see these others doing that. 

That and covid ****ed a lot of the business putting the money into the Chinese market.  The fact you need an app to buy anything and foods meant to be absolutely terrible wouldn't have helped. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Naisys Tackle said:

That and covid ****ed a lot of the business putting the money into the Chinese market.  The fact you need an app to buy anything and foods meant to be absolutely terrible wouldn't have helped. 

Didn’t know that 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

All good mate :) 

Heard they had a few Covid issues obviously 🤦🏽

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Heard they had a few Covid issues obviously 🤦🏽

Aye just a few :lol: :lol: 

On 17/06/2023 at 15:43, Sir PH said:

They made millions last year. They ain't skint. 

They have a share issue every 5 minutes because they are making millions . Devaluing Kings holding as they go and getting cash in the back door 

will-i-am-a-jambo
3 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

How do you know the food is terrible over there? I bet you've never been to China. It's not terrible but it's not like the Chinese food you get in you local takeaway either. 

It's not exactly a reason why a footballer would not play there. I'm sure they can afford to go to proper restaurants rather than go to a stall in the street 😂

Edited by will-i-am-a-jambo

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

How do you know the food is terrible over there? I bet you've never been to China. It's not terrible but it's not like the Chinese food you get in you local takeaway either. 

It's not exactly a reason why a footballer would not play there. I'm sure they can afford to go to proper restaurants rather than go to a stall in the street 😂

Unless you have the legal apps on your phone to do anything then food for someone that is over there is terrible  I have been through work and would never go again tbh.

will-i-am-a-jambo

Unless you have the legal apps on your phone to do anything then food for someone that is over there is terrible  I have been through work and would never go again tbh.

Sorry l see what you mean. I was there 12 years ago so no need for apps back then. I didn't realise it had changed so much. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Sorry l see what you mean. I was there 12 years ago so no need for apps back then. I didn't realise it had changed so much. 

All good man :) wasnt a slight either as everything else was great apart from food and the travel :) 

All good man :) wasnt a slight either as everything else was great apart from food and the travel :) 

Don't hold back it's Totalitarianism, brilliant country, beautiful people.

Failed by those at the top.

will-i-am-a-jambo
4 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Yeah l know what you mean about the travel. I booked most of my journey over here (and paid 10x the price for the privilege) but the one section l didn't, it was a nightmare trying to buy tickets. 

Edited by will-i-am-a-jambo

A lad fitting the description of Ross Barkley spotted riding the log flume at Cadona's.

Reckon he's signing for the Dons instead.

Naisys Tackle
25 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't hold back it's Totalitarianism, brilliant country, beautiful people.

Failed by those at the top.

24 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Yeah l know what you mean about the travel. I booked most of my journey over here (and paid 10x the price for the privilege) but the one section l didn't, it was a nightmare trying to buy tickets. 

:) wayyyy off topic regardless lads. 

will-i-am-a-jambo

:) wayyyy off topic regardless lads. 

Sorry mods. I wonder who will be bought by a non-Hearts club next?

Naisys Tackle
14 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Sorry mods. I wonder who will be bought by a non-Hearts club next?

Dembele to Celtic would be my guess mate.

14 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

They have a share issue every 5 minutes because they are making millions . Devaluing Kings holding as they go and getting cash in the back door 

They've still got last season's Champions League money and they've just released four of their biggest earners. 

The last thing Scottish football needs is Rangers and Celtic being successful in Europe. 

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

They've still got last season's Champions League money and they've just released four of their biggest earners. 

The last thing Scottish football needs is Rangers and Celtic being successful in Europe. 

Not true.  How do you think we made £6m last year?

Naisys Tackle

Needless to say he wont be here: 

Preston North End have had two bids rejected by Rangers for winger Scott Wright - with a deal now in the balance for the Scotsman.

Wright was only a bit-part player under Michael Beale last season after the Englishman joined from QPR in the World Cup break, and failed to cement his place in a side that featured competition such as Todd Cantwell, Fashion Sakala, Ianis Hagi and Rabbi Matondo all ahead of him in the pecking order.

That has left Wright's future in the lurch, with Ryan Lowe willing to take him to Lancashire as they aim to push for the play-off spots. But it now appears that the Deepdale side will move onto new targets as a deal looks unlikely - despite Wright not having a future at Ibrox - according to LancsLive.

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Bournemouth sack Gary O'Neil - bonkers man.

You have to presume they have (what they view is) a higher calibre manager lined up, otherwise its a poor move. 

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You have to presume they have (what they view is) a higher calibre manager lined up, otherwise its a poor move. 

Neilson perhaps.....:kirk:

buzzbomb1958
17 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

I think UEFA will have their finger on the pulse they are not skint but now someone is actually watching them

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Needless to say he wont be here: 

Preston North End have had two bids rejected by Rangers for winger Scott Wright - with a deal now in the balance for the Scotsman.

Wright was only a bit-part player under Michael Beale last season after the Englishman joined from QPR in the World Cup break, and failed to cement his place in a side that featured competition such as Todd Cantwell, Fashion Sakala, Ianis Hagi and Rabbi Matondo all ahead of him in the pecking order.

That has left Wright's future in the lurch, with Ryan Lowe willing to take him to Lancashire as they aim to push for the play-off spots. But it now appears that the Deepdale side will move onto new targets as a deal looks unlikely - despite Wright not having a future at Ibrox - according to LancsLive.

would love to take Scott wright as well 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Yoda said:

Neilson perhaps.....:kirk:

Hahaha a tad early to be on the drink ffs 😆

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

would love to take Scott wright as well 

Pretty shit that rangers seem to be against him moving. 25 now and should be playing every week. 

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Pretty shit that rangers seem to be against him moving. 25 now and should be playing every week. 

I thought they were wanting rid of him

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

They do want him to move but probably have a high valuation of him. 

19 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I thought they were wanting rid of him

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

They do want him to move but probably have a high valuation of him. 

The fact they knocked back offers made me think they were hanging onto him. 

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It depends what the offers are though. 

6 minutes ago, R9. said:

They are very good at it pressuring teams to accept crap money in instalments for players but absolutely ridiculous in letting players go who are not good enough. They will make profit but it’s never enough for them.

kind of my thoughts, although I do take on board other replies . Sometimes clubs just have to take what they can get for a player. Especially when rangers are on a spending spree and promising their fans big signings. Could see him stuck there. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

His own fault for having agent orange representing him. Was a daft move before he was ready. Sure he's made money, but his next step will be down the way.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

His own fault for having agent orange representing him. Was a daft move before he was ready. Sure he's made money, but his next step will be down the way.

Totally . It is not as if it was not well known how he goes about his business . Wright must have been okay with it 

On 18/06/2023 at 19:13, Pasquale for King said:

That only stopped because the government put restrictions on how many foreigners could be bought, cant see these others doing that. 

Worth looking out HITC Sevens video on this topic. It's multi factorial, but part of it is the Chinese government no longer seeing football as a useful political lever.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Worth looking out HITC Sevens video on this topic. It's multi factorial, but part of it is the Chinese government no longer seeing football as a useful political lever.

Sounds interesting 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

They might have offered 100k, oh the irony 😆😜

14 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Not true.  How do you think we made £6m last year?

Very true. If they don't do well chances are no one else will ever get past preliminary rounds. 

13 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Rangers holding out for cash because they're skint. :jj:

9 hours ago, Martin_T said:

IIRC, the Chinese government had some big plans of having a top international team and competing for World Cups by 2030? This was about 2015/16, they started investing so heavily in their game, and at that point 2030 seemed like so long away. Now it's only the World Cup after next, and China's fortunes are no better whatsoever. Currently ranked 81st in the World rankings.

It is quite astonishing in some ways when you think of a nation like China and the fact they've only qualified for 1 World Cup (arguably aided by the fact that Japan and South Korea automatically qualified) and have never won the Asian Nations Cup. Also, has there ever been a truly World class Chinese player? All this from a nation of 1 billion people. You compare them with nearby countries like the aforementioned Japan and South Korea, who while still largely populated countries, are merely a fraction of China's population, yet have gained a reputation in World football for being reasonable footballing nations.

26 minutes ago, Locky said:

Rangers holding out for cash because they're skint. :jj:

IIRC, the Chinese government had some big plans of having a top international team and competing for World Cups by 2030? This was about 2015/16, they started investing so heavily in their game, and at that point 2030 seemed like so long away. Now it's only the World Cup after next, and China's fortunes are no better whatsoever. Currently ranked 81st in the World rankings.

It is quite astonishing in some ways when you think of a nation like China and the fact they've only qualified for 1 World Cup (arguably aided by the fact that Japan and South Korea automatically qualified) and have never won the Asian Nations Cup. Also, has there ever been a truly World class Chinese player? All this from a nation of 1 billion people. You compare them with nearby countries like the aforementioned Japan and South Korea, who while still largely populated countries, are merely a fraction of China's population, yet have gained a reputation in World football for being reasonable footballing nations.

Worth watching, Alfie is usually very thorough with his research.

Dick Dastardly
19 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Romeo Beckham signs for Brentford B

Neil MacFarlane is the manager for them, i see. 

40 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Worth watching, Alfie is usually very thorough with his research.

Will defo give that a watch when I get a chance.

Naisys Tackle
26 minutes ago, Locky said:

Will defo give that a watch when I get a chance.

Just watched.  Recommended mate :) 

1 hour ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Just watched.  Recommended mate :) 

Just got round to it there. Was good. Can't believe the amount of money they literally chucked away. That Argentine boy who nobody had really heard of being at one point the 3rd highest paid player in the World. :lol: 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Locky said:

Just got round to it there. Was good. Can't believe the amount of money they literally chucked away. That Argentine boy who nobody had really heard of being at one point the 3rd highest paid player in the World. :lol: 

Yeah that stood out for me too :lol:   then they patched the whole idea, bought football clubs abroad then banned that too.  :lol: 

Edited by Naisys Tackle

9 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Yeah that stood out for me too :lol:   then they patched the whole idea, bought football clubs abroad then banned that too.  :lol: 

Worth checking out his more recent video about West Brom, who are owned in part by the Chinese government, making them theoretically, by far the richest club in the world, but whose owners have been siphoning money out of the club using loans to shell companies etc.