***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Thread 2023***

tartofmidlothian

Naisys Tackle
10 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Worth checking out his more recent video about West Brom, who are owned in part by the Chinese government, making them theoretically, by far the richest club in the world, but whose owners have been siphoning money out of the club using loans to shell companies etc.

Cheers mate on it now :) 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Mikey1874

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

Naisys Tackle

St Johnstone can confirm that James Brown has today signed a one-year contract extension.

Bet they feel good about that.

Portable Badger
3 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

St Johnstone can confirm that James Brown has today signed a one-year contract extension.

Very subtle Sir

John Findlay
34 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Long way to commute if he is living in America.

19 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Long way to commute if he is living in America.

To be fair, if it was Hearts he was signing for, I’d suggest he could stay with me. 

Carl Fredrickson
55 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

I wouldnt make a song and dance about it

1 hour ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Bayern cancel the Tillman transfer clause and the huns get £1m for nothing.

Tillman explained 

37 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Potentially bad news for us.  Probably not though.

🚨http://CM.IT update: #Dessers said no to Rangers. Today he would prefer to stay in Italy #calciomercato #CMITmercato

They're not going to pay what we might want for Shankland. Nor should we even entertain a sale to them unless its a "club record bid". 

Do want them to settle on a striker though so we can hopefully get Shanks tied down long term. We really, really need to get that deal done above all else this summer. 

On 19/06/2023 at 12:27, Naisys Tackle said:

Not true.  How do you think we made £6m last year?

I'd rather have a level playing field in Scotland. 

On 18/06/2023 at 20:03, Drumjambo said:

They have a share issue every 5 minutes because they are making millions . Devaluing Kings holding as they go and getting cash in the back door 

They've just hipped another million for absolutely nothing and have sold out every season ticket. 

I've been hearing for years that they are skint and going bust (again) from "experts" on here and beyond, and I'm still waiting on it happening. 

4 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

They've just hipped another million for absolutely nothing and have sold out every season ticket. 

I've been hearing for years that they are skint and going bust (again) from "experts" on here and beyond, and I'm still waiting on it happening. 

Tbf it’s only ten years or so since they went under. I do agree though, they’re coining it on just now. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
21 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tbf it’s only ten years or so since they went under. I do agree though, they’re coining it on just now. 

4 years after reaching the UEFA final, the Huns were dead.

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Holds about as much credence as the Hibs' equivalent regards us.  NANE!

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

for while they took a gamble but with the Europa league money, champions league money and about £40million in transfer fees they don’t have an issue right now.  Their turnover is expected to be north or £100m and they Al expect a profit. 

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, Australis said:

Van Veen away to Groningen, undisclosed fee.

Good luck to him Gron are loaded. 

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Shankland would cost a lot more than he would’ve. 

£4m?  Nah.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

£4m?  Nah.

Yes. Hibs were rumoured to get £2M for Nisbet on one year of contract. 

Shankland has another two years left and scored double the goals Nisbet did, not to mention Rangers are a direct rival of ours, so why would we willingly sell to them?

indianajones
1 hour ago, Australis said:

Fossils tend to cost quite a bit of money.

12 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

They are but have money to burn mate.

Curious as to why they are loaded? Just relegated having had one their worst ever seasons, having been fined for crowd trouble.

16 hours ago, OTT said:

They're not going to pay what we might want for Shankland. Nor should we even entertain a sale to them unless its a "club record bid". 

Do want them to settle on a striker though so we can hopefully get Shanks tied down long term. We really, really need to get that deal done above all else this summer. 

Hes contracted until 2025 is he not, no rush on that.

If Rangers come in for Shankland, Which obviously we hope they won't, it's very likely that the player would agitate for the move.

2 minutes ago, Americana said:

Hes contracted until 2025 is he not, no rush on that.

Big rush on that. After the season we're about to go into is done, he'll be into his last 12 months, and I guarantee the huns turn that into a media speculation circus. 

Far better to try to head that off now and get his future sorted here. The closer we get to his contract being up, IMO the less chance we have of keeping him. Make a big, ballsy offer on his wages now and at least be confident in ourselves that we've done absolutely everything we can to keep him. 

manaliveits105
13 hours ago, Australis said:

Good without his goals Well are weakened 

Saint Jambo
17 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Potentially bad news for us.  Probably not though.

🚨http://CM.IT update: #Dessers said no to Rangers. Today he would prefer to stay in Italy #calciomercato #CMITmercato

The BBC gossip section yesterday (I think) had Rangers linked with Dykes. Certainly fits the media pattern if taking any on form Scottish played and immediately linking them to one of the Old Firm. But I'd be very happy if they went for Dykes rather than Shankland.

kingantti1874
30 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Ellis simms is going to Ipswich for 4.5M. 

no surprise at all.  A great player.  Massively disappointed we didn’t go balls out to sign him. Not that I think we’d have succeeded anyway 

Edited by kingantti1874

Dick Dastardly
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

no surprise at all.  A great player.  Massively disappointed we didn’t go balls out to sign him. Not that I think we’d have succeeded anyway 

We might have gone balls out to sign him and not succeeded. Who knows? 

4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We might have gone balls out to sign him and not succeeded. Who knows? 

£12 million might have got him last year when Everton wanted him to play. 

Surprising then we didn't go for him right enough.

Now Everton know he's not good enough so get some much needed cash. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Everton wanted and played him through complete desperation.  He would have been worth less than he has just been sold for this time last year.  He's been the sold on the back of his 6 months in the Championship.

RustyRightPeg

Hibs have ripped up Magennis’ contract. A decent player when fit, will probably end up at Killie. 

17 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Hibs have ripped up Magennis’ contract. A decent player when fit, will probably end up at Killie. 

That is where he's gone 🤣

Tom Hardy’s Dug
56 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Well. A great player for our level. Given he is being sold for more than just about every old firm signing suggests there is better value elsewhere.

kingantti1874
39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It was written that the fee would be about £1.5million. I’ve of can’t vouch for the accuracy but it certainly wouldn’t have been £12million.

sooner or later we need to start buying assets who can take us forward and make us money 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Sorry. I can’t be bothered reading this pish. 

Are some of our fans suggesting we should have signed Simms permanently before now?

If do, what complete and utter trumpets you are. No wonder the fan base will never be united.

Jesus.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

kingantti1874
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Well. A great player for our level. Given he is being sold for more than just about every old firm signing suggests there is better value elsewhere.

point was we quite possibly had the opportunity to sign him for a far smaller fee.  And we could have sold on.

listen it’s just an example, as I said above I don’t think we’d have succeeded.  But I think the time is now righty to try and sign players a level above what we have who we can enjoy and then look to sell on at a profit.  Need to get out of the 300-400k bracket imo for a couple of players at least . 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Sorry. I can’t be bothered reading this pish. 

Are some of our fans suggesting we should have signed Simms permanently before now?

If do, what complete and utter trumpets you are. No wonder the fan base will never be united.

Jesus.

There was never a chance he was coming back.  He wasn't valued at £14m last summer though.