Naismith In!!!!

kingantti1874

Unknown user
13 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure many of us would move to a new employer on a 12 month rolling contract.  

A job with a guaranteed year's payout when you inevitably lose it?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

kingantti1874
Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Cmon though, dive a bit deeper. Ibrox was a dead rubber to them, having a karaoke party for all the old boys to get a wave. I cant take too much from that tbh.

Liedoon was done and dusted by HT, they put us to bed and it looked very similar to the months before.

Easter road was dismal, though Barrie tried hard.

None of that attributable to SN.

Needed to see more to be offerring rookie anything long term tho IMO.

I think he could become very good manager, just dont think more than 1 yr at Hearts is balanced risk v reward at mo.

I reserve the right to review if he beats hibs 8-0, gets Gino signed and does an Eric Cantona into Roseburn end tomm.

I don’t disagree with the one year thing btw.  1 year contract with a 2 year option and assess at Christmas.  

But if you really want to look deeper in the games we have been unstuck it’s been through individual errors and set plays.

we could have appointed pep guardians and Sibbick and Rowles would still Not be able to defend Curtis Main. Just an example 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

A job with a guaranteed year's payout when you inevitably lose it?

we genuinely have some of the most pathetic fans alive.  

Waaaahhh I’m not getting my way.  He will inevitably be shite and be fired 😂

less risk of Naismith being fired than some league one experienced no mark 

Berra than you
4 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Cmon though, dive a bit deeper. Ibrox was a dead rubber to them, having a karaoke party for all the old boys to get a wave. I cant take too much from that tbh.

Liedoon was done and dusted by HT, they put us to bed and it looked very similar to the months before.

I think he could become very good manager, just dont think more than 1 yr at Hearts is balanced risk v reward at mo.

I reserve the right to review if he beats hibs 8-0, gets Gino signed and does an Eric Cantona into Roseburn end tomm.

Agree on the first half. But the game wasn't done and dusted, given at half time we had no points and at full time we had 1. I'm not suggesting that performance was in any way good enough, but I'd wager that previous management would not have been able to get the team to fight back for a point. That's without getting into the abysmal Haring decision.

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t disagree with the one year thing btw.  1 year contract with a 2 year option and assess at Christmas.  

But if you really want to look deeper in the games we have been unstuck it’s been through individual errors and set plays.

we could have appointed pep guardians and Sibbick and Rowles would still Not be able to defend Curtis Main. Just an example 

Totally, but for the rookie to convince longer gig to be offered, that had to change. Hiding to nothing tbh but circumstance gave him a shot at the belt.

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Agree on the first half. But the game wasn't done and dusted, given at half time we had no points and at full time we had 1. I'm not suggesting that performance was in any way good enough, but I'd wager that previous management would not have been able to get the team to fight back for a point. That's without getting into the abysmal Haring decision.

I get all you say. I would goddam hope to get a reaction to 0-2 in a must win game tho.

What previous regimes would have managed wasnt in my thought as i was talking about SN and the future based on last few games.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
36 minutes ago, jtkb said:

And if and it is a big if we get to group stage then all the Hearts are falling apart from the sheep basking in there huge 3rd glory is wiped out as we get share of pot. It is not over till it is over as they say. Remember we have made europa league group before. Get the right manager and recruitment at it is well achievable. Signed.... Happy Clapper 🤣 

You mean somebody like Levein? (the first manager to get a Scottish club through play offs to qualify for a euro group).

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

You mean somebody like Levein? (the first manager to get a Scottish club through play offs to qualify for a euro group).

It doesn't need to be someone LIKE Levein. He'd probably jump at the chance to come back.

39 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

The lazy option , but probably the best for the money we are prepared to pay. It all comes down to how much ambition they have. Since 2014 we have made ONE appointment that was out of the box thinking and that was Cathro, someone who the vast majority, including myself, were exited about. Since then they have played safe. It wouldn't surprise me if Savage wanted coach A , but the board played safe with coach B, then I think Savage will walk. He is the SD, it is his job to go through all the candidates then recommend his choice, the board should only be involved as to what salary we are offering his choice. As let's face it their football knowledge is shocking as history has shown.

The board have backed every manager with hard cash. You can accuse them of some things but penny pinching isn't one.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It doesn't need to be someone LIKE Levein. He'd probably jump at the chance to come back.

I’d hate it.

Just making the point that our most hated (or second most hated 🙄) manager did some good.

The funny thing is the other chap got us into the groups as well.

Its a funny old world….

I’d hate it.

Just making the point that our most hated (or second most hated 🙄) manager did some good.

The funny thing is the other chap got us into the groups as well.

Its a funny old world….

Yeah, was only joking. He was very good in his first spell.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Homme said:

The board have backed every manager with hard cash. You can accuse them of some things but penny pinching isn't one.

I largely agree with this.

I do wonder if there has been slight penny pinching at times re our max wage but as regards player recruitment they have backed hunners of new signings since 2014. And every manager has benefitted from swathes of new players.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, GinRummy said:

Yeah, was only joking. He was very good in his first spell.

No room for jokes on here fella!

I think it was you that said further up - let’s just get the new manager appointed.

I agree. The board have had enough time. I know a manager is a hugely important appointment but this board half appear to ***** around on this more than I think is necessary.

A proper football board would have known who they wanted to take over from Neilson before he was emptied.

Lets not pretend this has all happened in a vacuum.

No room for jokes on here fella!

I think it was you that said further up - let’s just get the new manager appointed.

I agree. The board have had enough time. I know a manager is a hugely important appointment but this board half appear to ***** around on this more than I think is necessary.

A proper football board would have known who they wanted to take over from Neilson before he was emptied.

Lets not pretend this has all happened in a vacuum.

Aye, he said end of the season, which I thought was reasonable but it's still time critical (for obvious reasons) even though we don't have any games for a while, so hopefully we've progressed a wee bit since the ridiculous Levein, McPhee and Stendel transition. They were certainly decisive enough for me when Robbie took over form Stendel.

gorgierulesapply88
51 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

There is no such thing as a meaningless football game! All this chat last year that we had europe tied up before the split etc get that in the bin. Losers mentality!

Naismith on a 1 year rolling contract (or 1 year and 2 year option or 20k per week on Neil on a 3 year one and 4th year option.

Which would you prefer the board to choose?

16 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Naismith on a 1 year rolling contract (or 1 year and 2 year option or 20k per week on Neil on a 3 year one and 4th year option.

20k a week........?

1 hour ago, Nerja Jambo said:

The lazy option , but probably the best for the money we are prepared to pay. It all comes down to how much ambition they have. Since 2014 we have made ONE appointment that was out of the box thinking and that was Cathro, someone who the vast majority, including myself, were exited about. Since then they have played safe. It wouldn't surprise me if Savage wanted coach A , but the board played safe with coach B, then I think Savage will walk. He is the SD, it is his job to go through all the candidates then recommend his choice, the board should only be involved as to what salary we are offering his choice. As let's face it their football knowledge is shocking as history has shown.

I will tell you now, if we appoint Naismith, it will not be the lazy option.  The club has ambition.  Not sure money (outwith dafty stuff) is any issue on this either.  It's right man for the job.

Recruitment never an exact science of course.  But honestly, anyone thinking we're being cheap or lazy needs to bin that.

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Naisy. And use the money to buy 2 top CB’s.

we won’t be paying a million pound annual salary for a manager and not should we unless t\o near double the current level.

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

20k a week........?

well it’s a good question. Alex Neil is currently on £28k per week so reasonable to assume we wouldn’t be getting him on the cheap even if he did want to join. 

Bad Religion
11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I will tell you now, if we appoint Naismith, it will not be the lazy option.  The club has ambition.  Not sure money (outwith dafty stuff) is any issue on this either.  It's right man for the job.

Recruitment never an exact science of course.  But honestly, anyone thinking we're being cheap or lazy needs to bin that.

Do you have anything apart from a couple of from Savage, McKinlay interviews to back that up?

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Do you have anything apart from a couple of from Savage, McKinlay interviews to back that up?

do you have anything to contradict that? I mean we spent somewhere approaching £2million last summer on transfers which would suggest they do indeed want to improve.

what a ridiculous question . Alll these incredibly wealthy people, who earned their own wealth on account of their own ambition and suddenly they are at hearts and have none.😂 honestly 

Edited by kingantti1874

4 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Not that's going on jkb, no!haha

Whether I do or not, it's the case and I personally think quite obviously the case.

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

do you have anything to contradict that? I mean we spent somewhere approaching £2million last summer on transfers which would suggest they do indeed want to improve.

what a ridiculous question 

£2M wasted essentially. Anything else?

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

£2M wasted essentially. Anything else?

£2m wasted? So shanks was a waste then? Zander? Rowles all a waste .  Think you’d find we’d sell them for more than £2m .

I don’t need anything else.  Yours was a question of maximum dumb****ery 👍🏻 

People on a forum questioning the ambition of people who have achieved infinitely more than any of us 😂😂😂 laughable 

Edited by kingantti1874

Agentjambo
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Still not been a single realistic alternative exciting option been mentioned.

Marek Papszun

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

£2m wasted? So shanks was a waste then? Zander? Rowles all a waste .  Think you’d find we’d sell them for more than £2m .

I don’t need anything else.  Yours was a question of total dumb****ery 👍🏻 

I could list all the flops we've signed and made losses on.

All clubs sign decent players from time to time so it doesn't really make us any more ambitious than the others. You don't have anything do you?

1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

There is no such thing as a meaningless football game! All this chat last year that we had europe tied up before the split etc get that in the bin. Losers mentality!

The old firm never lie down or take it easy, say what you like about them, but there fan’s demand they win EVERY match, something our club and others could bear in mind

The one phrase I hate more than any others is “it’s a free hit”

How many fans on here last season after the semi final win over Hibs were

talking about resting players and results in the split not mattering, that is in fact the real losers mentality.

sorry just realised I agree almost word for word 🥹

Edited by jbee647

kingantti1874
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Marek Papszun

Thanks for proving my point  . Some polish random managing in Czech rep.  With an ever age duration in role of 2.5 years.  

forgive me for not getting overly excited a manger you have no idea about, I’m reasonably sure you have never in your life seen one of his games but for some bizarre reasons would think a smaller risk that Naismith.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

I could list all the flops we've signed and made losses on.

All clubs sign decent players from time to time so it doesn't really make us any more ambitious than the others. You don't have anything do you?

1. That wasn’t the debate . You said we wasted £2million.  I told you you were wrong.  Don’t try and change the point after the fact

2. £2million was by far the biggest one window outlay in the history of the club.  Regardless of whether it was successful or not.  It demonstrates ambition.

So I have plenty, and anyway the onus of proof isn’t on me.  It’s on the guy making stupid, ill informed baseless accusations. E.g

YOU 

Edited by kingantti1874

46 minutes ago, Section Q said:

20k a week........?

You think Neil is going to half his salary to come to us?

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

1. That wasn’t the debate . You said we wasted £2million.  I told you you were wrong.  Don’t try and change the point I was making.

2. £2million was by far the biggest one window outlay in the history of the club.  Regardless of whether it was successful or not.  It demonstrates ambition.

so I have plenty, and anyway the onus of proof isn’t on me.  It’s on the guy making stupid, ill informed baseless accusations. E.g

YOU 

The debate (if that's what you want to call it) was about the club showing ambition. Not last summers outlay on transfer fees. 

We have drifted along all season and find ourselves scrapping for 4th place with an interim manager in charge. It doesn't scream ambition to me and you don't seem to be able to provide any tangible evidence of ambition demonstrated by the club either. 

pettigrewsstylist
44 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we won’t be paying a million pound annual salary for a manager and not should we unless t\o near double the current level.

Why would we, 3rd is the current ceiling. Dont need to spend million to achieve that.

Agentjambo
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Thanks for proving my point  . Some polish random managing in Czech rep.  With an ever age duration in role of 2.5 years.  

forgive me for not getting overly excited a manger you have no idea about, I’m reasonably sure you have never in your life seen one of his games but for some bizarre reasons would think a smaller risk that Naismith.

Hmmm….A young Polish manager managing in Poland that has just won the polish league and two polish cups with Raków Częstochowa an unfashionable small club that plays their home games in front of 5,500.

Also won the polish manager of the year for the last 3 seasons.

Jim Panzee
54 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

good point.

Bring in Naismith (or equivalent) - and get the money spent on two top CB's.

it would take an exceptional manager to fix our defence with the current players available. And when I say fix, I mean concede no goals. We need money spent on fixing that.

It's a bit like a reverse of celtic. take out half of their usual starters and look what happens against an ordinary h1b5 team.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

tbf the profit was after we spent money on stadium improvements and players.  

We had to spend quite a bit to get tynie up to the standard to play group stage football, got to think aberdeen will need to shell out far more than we did as Pittodrie is a dump. I’m sure McKinley said we made about 3m after the costs of fixing the stadium and all the travel costs so can see aberdeen making quite a bit less. 

43 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

1. That wasn’t the debate . You said we wasted £2million.  I told you you were wrong.  Don’t try and change the point after the fact

So I have plenty, and anyway the onus of proof isn’t on me.  It’s on the guy making stupid, ill informed baseless accusations. E.g

YOU 

Who did we spend the £2m on? 

Ibrahim Tall
25 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Hmmm….A young Polish manager managing in Poland that has just won the polish league and two polish cups with Raków Częstochowa an unfashionable small club that plays their home games in front of 5,500.

Couple things on Papszun/Raków. It’s not necessarily the ‘romantic’ little guy come good story it looks from the outside, by Polish standards they’re actually pretty well financially by their owners especially in contrast to the ‘bigger’ teams who the majority of are an absolute shit show. Also compared to a large number of the ‘bigger’ clubs e.g. Arka/Lechia/Śląsk etc Raków have a massive advantage in that their stadium is actually theirs. The rest are owned and leased from the local councils and generally massively oversized for the Euros eat in to what little income they generate. 

That said, Papszun has done a great job and would likely walk in to bigger jobs tomorrow I.e. Legia or Lech Poznan if he actually wanted them. It’d be a miracle if he even considered Hearts an option. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
48 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

👀

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Ibrahim Tall said:

Couple things on Papszun/Raków. It’s not necessarily the ‘romantic’ little guy come good story it looks from the outside, by Polish standards they’re actually pretty well financially by their owners especially in contrast to the ‘bigger’ teams who the majority of are an absolute shit show. Also compared to a large number of the ‘bigger’ clubs e.g. Arka/Lechia/Śląsk etc Raków have a massive advantage in that their stadium is actually theirs. The rest are owned and leased from the local councils and generally massively oversized for the Euros eat in to what little income they generate. 

That said, Papszun has done a great job and would likely walk in to bigger jobs tomorrow I.e. Legia or Lech Poznan if he actually wanted them. It’d be a miracle if he even considered Hearts an option. 

Not good enough for Kingantti though - who knows the pros of all managers worldwide it seems. Nobody compares to the might of Naisy!

48 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

To be fair his record in Poland last two or three seasons is outstanding. No idea where Polish football fits v Scottish in terms of quality but given the fact we couldn’t afford a centre-back from Lech Poznan this time last year I suspect it’s pretty decent. 

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

If it were between Naisy and Alex Neil.

I'd want Alex Neil.

Naisy has done well, he's been tested sufficiently and if we beat Hibs then he's passed the test in my book.

I think he's managed to change the mentality in a short space of time. He's managed to implement a better style of play and he's made individual players believe in themselves to play better.  

I've have no issue with Naisy getting it if we couldn't do better. 

Alex Neil in my opinion is probably the best coach we could bring in.

41 yr old, still very young but massively experienced as a coach at a good level. Probably achieved what was realistically possible with the teams he's managed.

The Championship is a different league where teams are playing Sat-Tues/Wed every week. Long travelling times, teams are all strong with big squads.  If he was at Hearts, his goal is to dominate the opposition and challenge for trophies, push us forward. He's done that at Hamilton, Norwich and Sunderland. He knows how to get teams winning. 

And if it were Neil, then Naisy could be Assistant in that boot room with McAvoy, Savage as SD, there's history there, they clearly work as a team. It's all set up for Alex Neil to be Hearts manager and if that is a potential scenario I'd trust that process. That's what we brought in Savage to do, implement his team and run the Football Department his way. It seems like the final piece of the jigsaw in all honesty. 

No taking anything away from Naisy. He's done us proud but if Alex Neil is in the equation then it's Alex Neil for me with Naisy as Assistant and future successor. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Who did we spend the £2m on? 

Grant, Kio, Rowles, Oda wouldn't be a kick in the backside off 1m but paid up in instalments?

Another 1m in stadium improvements to get up to 4 star uefa stadium standard....

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

49 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

😂 and I am speaking drivel? Just who is “Naisy” actually shagging FFS.

It’s Naisy for me. Close the doors. Shut the conversation down. Turn off the Wi-Fi.

If he gets 3rd, well if he wins most of the games, well if he beats the Huns, we’ll if he gets 4th, oh ffs if he can’t just beat the Hobos, actually even if he doesn’t we get an easy Euro draw so give him it anyway.

GIVE HIM IT…. 

🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

gorgierulesapply88

Based on the football on show, I see nothing wrong with a 1 year deal.

If he is able to make a couple of his own signings, I truly believe we'll prosper. 

If he doesn't get the job, I'd absolutely hate for him not to still be at the club because the experience of the 7 games will add that fire to his belly to take the B team and make them better too.

We cry out for a style of play and he seems to have delivered one that's enjoyable to watch and get us on the edge of our seats than the loser before him provided in very little.

Jambo in Bathgate
5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Lazy comment. Rightly or wrongly, if the board pick Naismith it'll be because they see him as the best option.

Exactly! He’s not the cheap option. He’s a winner who has played at the highest levels. He has shown a strong hand with players and has brought out best in those discarded to the bench. I would have no objection to him getting job permanently . 

Reckon all naiysmith would need is to sort out 1 ball winning fit centre half new right back and beni fit for a season and gino staying and good chance for third next season and cup run we have a good squad just needs coached properly next season. 

Agentjambo

Just mark these words when Naismith gets appointed in the next few days:

Andrew McKinlay-“I want a manager who wins games. We do want youth coming through, we want to play nice football. But I also want a manager who has a proven track record as a winner.”