Naismith In!!!!

kingantti1874

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I like how he immediately acknowledges what was wrong and what we need to work on. But that he doesn’t throw individuals under the bus but makes clear that individuals cost us in certain situations. I like how he takes time to consider each answer instead of providing a throw away cliche or deflecting comment.

Unless something catastrophic happens against Hibs, or we can bag an exciting management prospect, then I’m actually all for Naismith getting the gig next season. I’m quite curious to see how we’d play with a pre-season under our belt and how he’d work with the recruitment team. And to see how he’d integrate youth.

It's refreshing to hear him talk about things we need to do better instead of blaming weather/refs/pitch/whatever. He didn't just go 'we got a point, so amazing' etc. 

I'm firmly in the give the job to Naismith camp now assuming we beat the hobos this weekend. Everything around him seems very positive.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

More that, despite what some claim, performances like those enjoyed over the past few weeks at home are a rarity we have seldom experienced over the past 20 year .

people who go are enjoying it for a change. You Should try it sometime 

There you go again. 

We have had a large number of enjoyable, exciting games at Tynie over the past 20 years and quite a number of them were under Neilson.

Naismith isn’t the reincarnation of Burley and it weakens your argument to discount 20 years back to then in an attempt to make your point.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Haha, see my post above. That is EXACTLY what is happening.

Aye - but you need to go and grieve over the loss of your girlfriend Neilson…

Oh erm well but… moron!

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Yes they have. Every single time Robbie Neilson got beat off Rangers or Celtic there were folk breaking their necks to justify it on here. 

Suddenly folk are expecting a performance at Ibrox? Mental.

Indeed, what about the difference in budgets?  All of a sudden these people are criticising Naismith for not winning at Ibrox.  Mental. 

24 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You didn’t criticise anyone in particular, rather the approach and what we “should’ve done”. What we should’ve done in my opinion, is what we did. Bar a slip, we go in at halftime in the perfect position, matching Aberdeen’s result. 

There’s only so much you can do away at Ibrox, unless you’re Celtic, teams never dominate the ball. If we put more forwards on (ptsd to the match at tynecastle) we lose total control

in midfield. I don’t think Naismith could’ve done anymore than he did last night. You need a bit of luck in these games, and you cannot make mistakes like we did for the second goal. 

So you rant on because of your interpretation that that substitution could be interpreted as safety 1st, that ultimately proved futile as a point actually made no difference no matter how gratefully received! I'll assume you are single if you can't take any amount of critical thinking!

Naisys Tackle
25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

More that, despite what some claim, performances like those enjoyed over the past few weeks at home are a rarity we have seldom experienced over the past 20 year .

people who go are enjoying it for a change. You Should try it sometime 

Really? 

Loving the back and forth on here , people losing there shit on who the next manager will be, waste of energy folks, barring a hammering from Hibs on Saturday, Steven Naismith is absolute stick on for the job

It’s not even up for debate now, we all know the way this current board works, and the thought of going through another lengthy managerial selection process probably terrifies them,

FWIW I think Naismith is the best choice at this time 

16 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

There you go again. 

We have had a large number of enjoyable, exciting games at Tynie over the past 20 years and quite a number of them were under Neilson.

Naismith isn’t the reincarnation of Burley and it weakens your argument to discount 20 years back to then in an attempt to make your point.

Some pretty poor ones more recently though. 😕 

Naisys Tackle
24 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Haha, see my post above. That is EXACTLY what is happening.

Agree too.    

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If you mean bringing on defensive players when chasing the game and playing players out of position then I guess you are right.

I’m over emphasising to make a point.

Naismith - the land of milk and honey. 

The fact you misconstrue his subtitution of Smith to have a go suggests you've already made your mind up. Makes me wonder what will satisfy you.

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

There you go again. 

How many games under Neilson have we managed 30 shots at goal?  Probably didn’t even manage it in the Championship.  Naismith has managed it twice in 3 home games, one against the 3rd best team and one against the best defensive record outside the OF.  

This is why a lot of fans are getting on board, this is what they want to see next season plus SN getting to bring his own players in and especially toughen up the defence.  I really don’t understand the negativity from posters like yourself.  Every time there is a positive post about SN or the team performance being very good you’re all over it, negatively downplaying it all.  What exactly do you want to see?  Do we need to get 40 shots at goal, 10 goals v Ross County (we actually should have)?

I do agree with others though that it’s difficult to see him survive 2 defeats v Hibs.  And while I strongly fancy our chances who knows, there could be yet another red card waiting that makes that happen.  

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Really? 

yes.  60+ shots at goal against, Aberdeen and RC.  Not very common.  

Against a Celtic team ( who were not yet on holiday) we were excellent and would have won without a ridiculous red card.

Very clear what we are working towards for a change. 

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Really? 

Well yes, I can’t say I remember having 60 shots at goal in 2 games before.  A very welcome rarity indeed, much better than the slow tippy tappy, sideways, backwards pish we became accustomed to.  The away form is clearly a work in progress though but draws at St Mirren and Rangers are better than our usual through there. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

yes.  60+ shots at goal against, Aberdeen and RC.  Not very common.  

Against a Celtic team ( who were not yet on holiday) we were excellent and would have won without a ridiculous red card.

Very clear what we are working towards for a change. 

Guess work regardless Celtic. 

Of course we are better than before but we have played a lot better in 20 years.   Look at the game we utterly smashed Celtic under Levein, that was better than anything we have seen recently.

People for me are getting far far far too carried away and that usually comes with a fall. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Naisys Tackle said:

Of course we are better than before but we have played a lot better in 20 years.   Look at the game we utterly smashed Celtic under Levein, that was better than anything we have seen recently.

People for me are getting far far far too carried away and that usually comes with a fall. 

You’re a right laugh. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Well yes, I can’t say I remember having 60 shots at goal in 2 games before.  A very welcome rarity indeed, much better than the slow tippy tappy, sideways, backwards pish we became accustomed to.  The away form is clearly a work in progress though but draws at St Mirren and Rangers are better than our usual through there. 

30 shots on goal yeah but under 10 on target.  For me people are misty eyed because how crap it was under Neilson.

We need the best possible manager given our resources for the job and not just Naismith because he's here and now. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You’re a right laugh. 

No I want what is best for the club and don't live in a fantasy world. 

28 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Lol at some of the hyperbole over the last few weeks performances. A bit more positive, aye, a wee bit more attack minded, aye, winning at home, aye, shite away from home, aye. Big whoops.

Incredible how OTT some are going. And I say this as someone, probably amongst the most fervent on here, in my wishes for Neilson to be booted down Gorgie Road. You'd think Naismith was the second coming of Jose the way some are talking when in reality so far the best I can say is i) he's not Robbie Neilson and ii) holds him in equal disdain as I do!! :rofl:

I'm inclined to agree. It's a low bar and we've come to accept pretty low expectations considering the resources we have compared to most. 

3 Scottish Cup wins in 14 years was impressive. That's now 3 in 25 years and 3 major trophies in 61 years. 3 major trophies out of the last 183 contested. We've got a seemingly limitless tolerance for mediocrity. What we've thrown away this season will be quickly shrugged off. 

Who knows what'll happen. The Board will be desperate to ensure we navigate Saturday in order they can appoint Naismith. Who knows if a plan B will even exist. We've seen with these people previously that no other options were in play. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
18 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Indeed, what about the difference in budgets?  All of a sudden these people are criticising Naismith for not winning at Ibrox.  Mental. 

Who is criticising him for not winning there?

I only see people disappointed that we didn’t actively go for it more in the second half when the key objective of our season was riding on it.

We do win at Ibrox. Probably about 1 in 20 or so. It was highly unlikely but it didn’t look to me like we were absolutely despearate to win last night.

You?

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Carter said:

I'm inclined to agree. It's a low bar and we've come to accept pretty low expectations considering the resources we have compared to most. 

3 Scottish Cup wins in 14 years was impressive. That's now 3 in 25 years and 3 major trophies in 61 years. 3 major trophies out of the last 183 contested. We've got a seemingly limitless tolerance for mediocrity. What we've thrown away this season will be quickly shrugged off. 

Who knows what'll happen. The Board will be desperate to ensure we navigate Saturday in order they can appoint Naismith. Who knows if a plan B will even exist. We've seen with these people previously that no other options were in play. 

How many of this board were in place last time we appointed a manager ? 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

The fact you misconstrue his subtitution of Smith to have a go suggests you've already made your mind up. Makes me wonder what will satisfy you.

It was similar to when we beat Celtic 2-1 last season.  Celtic were all over us, overrunning us in midfield.  Neilson brought Haring (for a forward iirc) on which steadied the midfield and got us back int the game and we finished strongly and won with a late goal.  A tactical masterclass many thought, especially the Robbie fanboys,  but no doubt some of those same people are slaughtering Naismith for a very similar substitution last night (which worked too). 

kingantti1874
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I only see people disappointed that we didn’t actively go for it more in the second half when the key objective of our season was riding on it.

We do win at Ibrox. Probably about 1 in 20 or so. It was highly unlikely but it didn’t look to me like we were absolutely despearate to win last night.

You?

You see only what you want to see 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Would McAvoy remain assistant or go back to why he was signed, the academy?

I would imagine he will go back to the academy as its the main remit for his job. So would want us to get another assistant who is similar. It would also mean a new B team coach, which I hope we take seriously as its clear the effect Naismith had on developing those players so you would want someone who can do similar.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

30 shots on goal yeah but under 10 on target.  For me people are misty eyed because how crap it was under Neilson.

We need the best possible manager given our resources for the job and not just Naismith because he's here and now. 

I remember arch Robbie critic Gambo bemoaning that shots at goal were irrelevant as you could just swing a leg from anywhere so it doesn’t mean much.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We drew at St Mirren our other game under Neilson (nothing to shout home about but as you are defensive about these results context may help) and we drew at Ibrox last season.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

In terms of the result and against who it was, and being the most enjoyable league performance, yes clearly.  In terms of playing on the front foot and overrunning the opposition, having loads of shots at goal, it wasn’t.  It was tactically very astute. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We drew at St Mirren our other game under Neilson (nothing to shout home about but as you are defensive about these results context may help) and we drew at Ibrox last season.

We had also lost our last 14 games or whatever it was against the OF.  I see last night as a step in the right direction, don’t really care if you do or not, you’ll just keep picking holes in every single positive post.  Pretty sure you didn’t when Neilson was manager, so why now?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It was similar to when we beat Celtic 2-1 last season.  Celtic were all over us, overrunning us in midfield.  Neilson brought Haring (for a forward iirc) on which steadied the midfield and got us back int the game and we finished strongly and won with a late goal.  A tactical masterclass many thought, especially the Robbie fanboys,  but no doubt some of those same people are slaughtering Naismith for a very similar substitution last night (which worked too). 

Ah but what the Naismith evangelists are forgetting is that Haring is actually a midfielder and Smith isn’t.

You also forget we weren’t behind at the time of that sub. I’m sure if you drag up the match thread for that game a whole load of JKB would have being going tonto at that sub.

Anyway, proof was in the pudding - bringing Smith on didn’t change the flow of play at all. Maybe Kio coming on might have been the right call if we wanted a defensive minded sub in midfield at 2-1 down?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

This is exactly what I’m clinging to given Mckinlay’s recent rhetoric and Anderson’s involvement. Yet you and others are determined for Naismith to get it. No slight on him I’d 100% sign up for that over somebody we already from the Scottish game but I’m hoping these two characters have a hell of a lot more about them than to take the easy and cheap option. It’s about time they walked the walk. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We had also lost our last 14 games or whatever it was against the OF.  I see last night as a step in the right direction, don’t really care if you do or not, you’ll just keep picking holes in every single positive post.  Pretty sure you didn’t when Neilson was manager, so why now?

In theory beating Celtic and a draw at Ibrox last season were steps in the right direction - look how that ended…

As is fairly sensibly being pointed out - a sample set of 7 games. Ok 6, let’s ignore Hibs ending our unbeaten run against them, really tells us very little.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

You?

Don’t think I’ve ever seen us look like we’re desperate to win at Ibrox.  Even when we do we’re usually on the back foot. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Says you 😂

Yes says me. I go and I’ve been enjoying for the first time in ages,

you’ve don absolutely nothing other than deny, deflect and downplay our form based on fantasy manager who exist only in your head and ridiculous names like muscat.  Having clearly not researched his background. 🤷‍♂️

you said you didn’t see a team who wanted to win.  Either a lie or blatantly wrong but I’ll leave it up to you and others to decide.

anyway.  About time for me to bow out.  It’s Naismith’s job UNLESS we lose badly at the weekend. 

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

There is one constant that remains a concern in terms of being able to make the right decisions. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen us look like we’re desperate to win at Ibrox.  Even when we do we’re usually on the back foot. 

Taking the game straight to them in the 2-1 game after they equalised - and then scoring to win it - was a good sign of intent, no?

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Ah but what the Naismith evangelists are forgetting is that Haring is actually a midfielder and Smith isn’t.

You also forget we weren’t behind at the time of that sub. I’m sure if you drag up the match thread for that game a whole load of JKB would have being going tonto at that sub.

Anyway, proof was in the pudding - bringing Smith on didn’t change the flow of play at all. Maybe Kio coming on might have been the right call if we wanted a defensive minded sub in midfield at 2-1 down?

Smith has played international football in midfield, I’m pretty sure Haring hasn’t. 

As you say proof was in the pudding, made the sub at 2-1 down, got a respectable 2-2 draw so won 1-0 after the change, hardly a failure. 

I take it Naisy is pumping your Mrs?  Every ****ing positive post and you’re pissing on the cornflakes!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Yes says me. I go and I’ve been enjoying for the first time in ages,

you’ve don absolutely nothing other than deny, deflect and downplay our form based on fantasy manager who exist only in your head and ridiculous names like muscat.  Having clearly not researched his background. 🤷‍♂️

you said you didn’t see a team who wanted to win.  Either a lie or blatantly wrong but I’ll leave it up to you and others to decide.

anyway.  About time for me to bow out.  It’s Naismith’s job UNLESS we lose badly at the weekend. 

You’re enjoying Neilson not being there. That’s what you are enjoying - no shame in that.

There was no on field evidence of a desire to win that second half last night - I am sure anyone that watched it and the stats will back that up.

Win or lose at the weekend I’ll be disappointed if the board doesn’t appoint the best man for the job.

If that man is Naismith, fair enough. We’ll be back arguing about our next manager this time next year. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Smith has played international football in midfield, I’m pretty sure Haring hasn’t. 

As you say proof was in the pudding, made the sub at 2-1 down, got a respectable 2-2 draw so won 1-0 after the change, hardly a failure. 

I take it Naisy is pumping your Mrs?  Every ****ing positive post and you’re pissing on the cornflakes!

It feels like Naismith is pumping a lot of folk on here 😂

I can’t see any other reason why there are such loud voices to anoint him unchallenged on the basis of his time so far.

Utter negligence if the board don’t weigh up their options and simply say “Well he hasn’t met his mini-objective of 3rd, or won away from home, but if beats tha’ Hubz it’s his job”

Would be the sort of decision making we would ridicule Hibs for.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Carter said:

There is one constant that remains a concern in terms of being able to make the right decisions. 

Not actively involved in football decisions.  

Fozzyonthefence

Taking the game straight to them in the 2-1 game after they equalised - and then scoring to win it - was a good sign of intent, no?

A Championship Rangers managed by their worst ever manager and went on to finish 20 odd points behind us and also behind Hibs, draw 0-0 with Cowdenbeath (week after we beat them 10-0) then get pumped 6-1 by Motherwell in the playoff.  That Rangers?  And how many years ago was that?  **** me, you’re really clutching at straws in your desperate attempts to put down our current manager.  

You’re enjoying Neilson not being there. That’s what you are enjoying - no shame in that.

There was no on field evidence of a desire to win that second half last night - I am sure anyone that watched it and the stats will back that up.

Win or lose at the weekend I’ll be disappointed if the board doesn’t appoint the best man for the job.

If that man is Naismith, fair enough. We’ll be back arguing about our next manager this time next year. 

Of course if we pick anybody else there's no chance of that happening and they'll be an instant success....

Any pick Hearts end up with is going to represent a gamble of sorts. With Naismith it's a gamble on his inexperience. With others it'll be a gamble because the likelihood is they know **** all about Hearts or Scottish football. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It will be based on clear progress since he took charge and the fact he is the best man for the job . And it is clear progress despite the fake news you for some reason think people are paying attention to. 

On last PG maybe : wouldn’t put it past a bigger club to try and take him. 

Luckies1874

If we lose at the weekend things will be just as ugly for the board as after the St Mirren game and there is not a chance they’ll think appointing Naismith is tenable. He has to get a positive result for himself and those convinced he’s the man. A defeat means the board will be under significant pressure as a disastrous season ends.

I actually believe Naismith has been really lucky how things have worked out last night as a dead rubber would have had limited appeal and the weight of the result would have been questionable. Now he has a huge match that could potentially win him the job when things have been pretty mixed since he took charge. If he had real balls, and there are signs he’s that type, he’d come out and say we’ll win on Saturday which will secure me the job. Put it right out there. The jobs mine with a win. See if the squad want him in charge and if he and they can produce the goods under P. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Not actively involved in football decisions.  

Show me a club where the person most financially involved doesn't have involvement. 

Under this regime there are more in the negative column than the positive when it comes to football related decisions. 

bigfatskinnyjambo97

Its as simple as this: Naismith is the man for the job. Exciting football, player development, exudes passion, players respect him because he's played at the highest level. Might be a massive failure, but given the improvements we've seen in a short space of time, there is no reason to think that. As other posters have said, everything in football is a gamble, we're too small a club to hire anyone that isn't a gamble. But Naismith ticks so many boxes. P.s - if you think Atkinson is shit you're a huddy. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Inept culture created by budge. 

1 rescued the club from oblivion

2 rebuilt tynecastle into a top graded european stadium

3 Financially has us in the best position on our 150 year history 

to be honest, if that is your view on our board. Your views on our manager are best dismissed as well as logic is not your strong point. 

Ann had weaknesses managing the football side. She has removed herself from that, and in fact has removed herself from pretty much everything  hence neilsons dismissal. 

what an absolutely ****ing thundernugget view

you missed out relegation but never mind, performance on the pitch hasn’t been a strong point of the past decade so probably best to overlook it 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

They were in the same situation against Hibs, Aberdeen and Celtic and beat them all.

We put in a decent performance in one of two of the hardest grounds to win in Scotland and got a very rare draw. 

They were still chasing the league against Aberdeen (it was the same day as we played Celtic), Celtic was a derby, and Hibs are ****ing pish though.

They were going through the motions and we still didn't beat them, ****ing Morelos never even scored.

**** me some people will literally do or saying anything to put a negative slant on things. Now Rangers we’re on holiday mode ? 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

A good Few hammerings home and  away including a cup final 5-1 defeat. 

It’s a bit bewildering and I suppose I deserve it as I am usually being a sarcastic and probably confusing prick.

But we’ve got people making comments about JJ in Glasgow which are actually references to double standards about Neilson or Naismith, or something.

@kingantti1874and @Tom Hardy’s Dugare making similar posts but they don’t actually mean what they say.