Naismith In!!!!

kingantti1874

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

The clue is in the thread title.

But it applies to anyone by your logic so not specific to Naismith at all just another daft statement to have a dig at fellow Hearts fans. Admit it you hate Hearts fans and saw an opportunity to have a dig. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

But it applies to anyone by your logic so not specific to Naismith at all just another daft statement to have a dig at fellow Hearts fans. Admit it you hate Hearts fans and saw an opportunity to have a dig. 

He’s just another one who backed Neilson to the hilt and was roundly humiliated 

Bull's-eye
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Come now, it's bleedingly obvious that I'm not in the haters camp. 

I don't hate anybody.

Bull's-eye
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s just another one who backed Neilson to the hilt and was roundly humiliated 

Didn't back anybody, I deal in fact, not fiction or in your case, epic slaver.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Didn't back anybody, I deal in fact, not fiction or in your case, epic slaver.

:pleasing:

Your embarrassment is clearly very raw still. Understandable.

Bull's-eye
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Poor trolling as per usual

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Out with the old firm Scotland is a graveyard for English league managers and foreign managers. Who would fit the profile you’d like to see? Or what is that profile?

I don't know  who would fit the profile mate, I'm not even sure what our boards profile is? Are you? but at the end of the day it's not my job to know, that's our boards job to figure that one out no? There must be good options out there who would be interested in taking on the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, who are based in one of the most beautiful cities in europe and backed by 18k hearts fans every home game, with a decent chance to win a trophy and qualify for euro group stage football every season, thats a very attractive job if you ask me.

I just feel like they (our board) want to take the easy option by appointing Naismith, i.e he's here already and we wouldn't have to spend money etc It's just lacking ambition for me and more of a hit and hope sort of appointment.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Hopefully the money we save on appointing Naismith will be spent on playing staff.

That might well be a sensible approach.  

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I don't know  who would fit the profile mate, I'm not even sure what our boards profile is? Are you? but at the end of the day it's not my job to know, that's our boards job to figure that one out no? There must be good options out there who would be interested in taking on the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, who are based in one of the most beautiful cities in europe and backed by 18k hearts fans every home game, with a decent chance to win a trophy and qualify for euro group stage football every season, thats a very attractive job if you ask me.

I just feel like they (our board) want to take the easy option by appointing Naismith, i.e he's here already and we wouldn't have to spend money etc It's just lacking ambition for me and more of a hit and hope sort of appointment.

there isn’t a manager out there who isn’t a gamble for us.

It’s less hit and hope than any other candidate given he’s in situ and doing well.  We are the in the 40’s for the biggest clubs in the U.K. bt turnover, and about 150th in Europe.  We aren’t in the market for guarantees. We either take a gable with an up and coming coach Naismith or A.N other or we take a gamble on a more experienced manager with a blotted copybook. 

We aren’t getting a knutsen or someone of that ilk

1 minute ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I totally agree it’s not our job to come up with names. Never really meant to put you on the spot like that was just wondering if you had any ideas. 

Where I don’t agree is that the city, European football etc will get us a good manager. Look at Wilder, he’s just using us to drum up interest down south, imo of course. 

Id like us to set our sights high but I have no idea how that would be feasible given the gulf in wages between us and the English championship.  Can we spot an up and coming manager from abroad or league 1/2 England or even the championship in Scotland? Maybe, but that hardly gives us any more degree of certainty tha Naismith. So an assistant from a big club? Naismith has already proven he can lift the squad and improve individuals so he’s got a head start on that type imo. 

Next on the list is Robinson, Martindale etc. that’s a firm no from me.  

Bad Religion
3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t want Robbie back. I didn’t want Robbie back.

🤝

Good stuff 👊

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

fair comment 

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Hopefully the money we save on appointing Naismith will be spent on playing staff.

What's the point of paying huge wages to a manager if you then can't afford to supply the players who he would want ? 

Agentjambo
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What's the point of paying huge wages to a manager if you then can't afford to supply the players who he would want ? 

We won’t be paying huge wages to Naismith and he will be able to bring in 2 or 3 …..looking that way anyway.

7 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I don’t think it’s going to be Naismith…

Would he go back to being the b team manager

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I totally agree it’s not our job to come up with names. Never really meant to put you on the spot like that was just wondering if you had any ideas. 

Where I don’t agree is that the city, European football etc will get us a good manager. Look at Wilder, he’s just using us to drum up interest down south, imo of course. 

Id like us to set our sights high but I have no idea how that would be feasible given the gulf in wages between us and the English championship.  Can we spot an up and coming manager from abroad or league 1/2 England or even the championship in Scotland? Maybe, but that hardly gives us any more degree of certainty tha Naismith. So an assistant from a big club? Naismith has already proven he can lift the squad and improve individuals so he’s got a head start on that type imo. 

Next on the list is Robinson, Martindale etc. that’s a firm no from me.  

All good mate, I just want whats best for the club, want us to really go from strength to strength next season, i feel like we will never have a better opportunity than now to go out and make a statement by appointing someone outside of the norm, for who that is i really have no idea.

I agree on your last point about Robinson and Martindale etc, if that is the only level that we can attract for the job then its dissapointing and we would be as well to stick with Naismith.

BackOfTheNet

Obviously no one can base any conclusive opinion in just a short time, but it would be such a Hearts thing to do if we went for an alternative appointment and Naismith ended up leaving to get a job elsewhere only to go on to be a more successful manager than whoever we appointed.

That’s so Hearts I now am almost certain that will happen.

It’s such a fine line for managers as they can go from hero to donkey in a very short time scale. All I know with Naismith is he has not been scared to get rid of big players; has managed to increase intensity of the team; has changed the shape; and has a clear vision of where he wants to take hearts. Bringing in a billy bawbags won’t help, especially if they don’t know the Scottish league. Sticking with Naismith is not lacking ambition. He really seems to have the credentials to do well and for me, that’s all that matters. From thinking of him as a stop gap, I’m now on board the Naisy bus! 

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Obviously no one can base any conclusive opinion in just a short time, but it would be such a Hearts thing to do if we went for an alternative appointment and Naismith ended up leaving to get a job elsewhere only to go on to be a more successful manager than whoever we appointed.

Hearts or elsewhere I do t have any doubt he will go on to be a successful manager.  For the simple reason that he’s an intelligent man and he was a driven winner as a player. 

Jim Panzee
8 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Not sure. Maybe assistant.

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

It’s such a fine line for managers as they can go from hero to donkey in a very short time scale. All I know with Naismith is he has not been scared to get rid of big players; has managed to increase intensity of the team; has changed the shape; and has a clear vision of where he wants to take hearts. Bringing in a billy bawbags won’t help, especially if they don’t know the Scottish league. Sticking with Naismith is not lacking ambition. He really seems to have the credentials to do well and for me, that’s all that matters. From thinking of him as a stop gap, I’m now on board the Naisy bus! 

Good post. 

7 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Not sure. Maybe assistant.

Have you heard something or just your opinions?

8 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Not a chance. 

There will be plenty vacancies available for him to take up. 

Bungalow Bill

Ewan Murray not keen, he maybe has a point but he was a big Robbie fan. 

Edited by Bungalow Bill

johnking123

We have a bit cash to to spend this season and want an experienced manager in. If wilder wants the job, think he has got it.

1 minute ago, Bungalow Bill said:

He’s someone who should have his finger on the pulse yet he doesn’t have a clue who we should go for. Someone with experience of building a team was his response, so any manager then. 

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We have a bit cash to to spend this season and want an experienced manager in. If wilder wants the job, think he has got it.

He won’t want it though. He’s already said he’d sooner stay in England so even if we did get him (if nobody else wanted him) he’d be away back there as soon as some struggling championship side sacked their manager.  

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

3-5-2 an appointing a manager who would be off for the first mediocre championship job. 

Would actually be gutted 

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

I do think the club are more ambitious then people think when it comes to manager, as you say there is money to spend. I think the club are being very secretive about it. Also think Wilder wont be manager (normally in managerial searches, if someone is giving interviews about wanting the job, they are not really in for the job.) I do think (not based on any inside knowledge) that our new manager will surprise people in a good way.

26 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

The phrases "another level" or "next level" should be banned. 

Just now, BlueRiver said:

Plus, Ewan Murray's opinion is of no more value than anyone else's.

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Plus, Ewan Murray's opinion is of no more value than anyone else's.

That too. 

Was having a little read of the comments below and it's like this thread.

"It shouldn't be Naismith" - "any ideas or suggestions for someone else" - "No". 

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

8-0 win today would seal it I reckon

It's happening. 

Going to blow them away

KyleLafferty
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂

Don’t know why I’m entertaining this. But go on, why the laughing face? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 hours ago, Newton51 said:

What other jobs are on offer for him like?

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What other jobs are on offer for him like?

Suppose the one he’s in but not for me. No matter what happens today. Don’t do a Lennon in the shower tactics as gave him the job after beating us 

4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I know he did apply for the St Mirren job and was a strong contender to land it before they appointed Robinson. As much as I dislike St Mirren they have had a decent history in their Managerial appointments.

Maybe not always the most popular with us but they seem to do alright.

Knowing Hearts then I would probably have to reluctantly agree with your viewpoint but I would be quite happy to take a chance on Naismith even if we just offered him an initial one year deal with an extension option if he does well. 

1 hour ago, Bungalow Bill said:

He’s also a very good friend of Andrew McKinley

Nerja Jambo
11 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Totally agree with Ewan Murray. Savage said at the outset that we would be appointing someone with experience. That being the case it rules out SN. Plus the club also said they would wait until the season was over until they made an announcement. The season is over later today and they have had 8 weeks to come to a decision. I'll also say if the board do not back the choice of Savage, he will walk.

15 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Hopefully he doesn't have his ear as he's a no for keeping Gino at the club!

Nerja Jambo

For those jumping on the SN bandwagon, that is based purely on an improvement in how we were under RN. Christ the vast majority on this thread could improve on that. That is a very low bar.

Agentjambo
1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

Yes…if you have zero ambition.

9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Yes…if you have zero ambition.

If you can define what either of them mean and agree on it with the fans then great. 

Otherwise they're just nonsense terms. Ask 5 fans what next level is and you'll get 6 answers. 

What's your ambition Agentjambo? To get Hearts to "the next level"? 🤪

Nerja Jambo
4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

If you can define what either of them mean and agree on it with the fans then great. 

Otherwise they're just nonsense terms. Ask 5 fans what next level is and you'll get 6 answers. 

What's your ambition Agentjambo? To get Hearts to "the next level"? 🤪

Well the starting point would having the ability to finish 3rd. two seasons in a row. That was the target for this season and we have failed.