Naismith In!!!!

kingantti1874

Nerja Jambo
3 hours ago, Homme said:

The board have backed every manager with hard cash. You can accuse them of some things but penny pinching isn't one.

That's not what I am accusing them off if you read my comments.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

Nerja Jambo
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I will tell you now, if we appoint Naismith, it will not be the lazy option.  The club has ambition.  Not sure money (outwith dafty stuff) is any issue on this either.  It's right man for the job.

Recruitment never an exact science of course.  But honestly, anyone thinking we're being cheap or lazy needs to bin that.

You think? I beg to differ. Don't get me wrong if we appoint someone I think shows ambition, I'll come on here and gladly say I was wrong.

gorgierulesapply88
2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Hmmm….A young Polish manager managing in Poland that has just won the polish league and two polish cups with Raków Częstochowa an unfashionable small club that plays their home games in front of 5,500.

Also won the polish manager of the year for the last 3 seasons.

In Poland they MUST play 2, under 21 players every game.

Ibrahim Tall
32 minutes ago, jtkb said:

Reckon all naiysmith would need is to sort out 1 ball winning fit centre half new right back and beni fit for a season and gino staying and good chance for third next season and cup run we have a good squad just needs coached properly next season. 

Whoever actually gets the job, this part in particular seems to be getting exaggerated.
Up until the last 135 minutes of the season we still looked as likely to finish in 3rd place as not. That despite the cluster **** at the start of the season where we seemed to average 2 bad injuries per game to key players and whatever the hell happened in with Neilson in February/March. Without those spells we’d more than likely have been clear of Aberdeen by about 15 points.  
A couple key signings and better coaching and the expectation should be that squad should finishes 3rd next season whoever is in charge. 

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Just mark these words when Naismith gets appointed in the next few days:

Andrew McKinlay-“I want a manager who wins games. We do want youth coming through, we want to play nice football. But I also want a manager who has a proven track record as a winner.”

Chose his words quite carefully there. Naismith won trophies with Rangers and had a great career.  He’s already had youth players on the bench and nobody at the club knows our younger players better. He’s won two games since he’s been in charge so that’s the game(s) bit sorted as well. 

TyphoonJambo

Just listened to his HW interview. Certainly talks a good game.

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Chose his words quite carefully there. Naismith won trophies with Rangers and had a great career.  He’s already had youth players on the bench and nobody at the club knows our younger players better. He’s won two games since he’s been in charge so that’s the game(s) bit sorted as well. 

Think he meant a winner as a manager.

Just now, Agentjambo said:

And you’re entitled to think that. He didn’t say that though. 

2 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Exactly! He’s not the cheap option. He’s a winner who has played at the highest levels. He has shown a strong hand with players and has brought out best in those discarded to the bench. I would have no objection to him getting job permanently . 

I honestly think folk are expecting too much.  We are not going to go out and pay a manager 20k a week. That’s not ambitious that’s mental. The only manager that would be worth that is a manager who has recently done well in a comparable league. That sort of manager will have interest elsewhere and almost certainly not choose us. Which leaves someone who’s done well previously but ****ed up more recently. Risky and expensive. 

The other option is the usual merry go round of Scottish league managers. No thanks. 

16 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Just listened to his HW interview. Certainly talks a good game.

I was against it and thought we should be looking elsewhere, after listening to this got to say he does sound impressive and there is no doubt the football has been much better.

Mr Elwood P
20 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What do you call it when the team you manage score 6 goals and the opposition team only scores 1 goal?

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What do you call it when the team you manage score 6 goals and the opposition team only scores 1 goal?

😀

Clerry Jambo
12 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I was against it and thought we should be looking elsewhere, after listening to this got to say he does sound impressive and there is no doubt the football has been much better.

I like Naisy and want him to stay at the club. I was on the fence about whether he is ready to be Hearts manager. I’m now swaying towards him getting it as if he doesn’t can see him moving on. 

someone like wilder would also be interesting getting away from being someone with club connections and would bring a freshness to the club. Could they work together?

1 hour ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Whoever actually gets the job, this part in particular seems to be getting exaggerated.
Up until the last 135 minutes of the season we still looked as likely to finish in 3rd place as not. That despite the cluster **** at the start of the season where we seemed to average 2 bad injuries per game to key players and whatever the hell happened in with Neilson in February/March. Without those spells we’d more than likely have been clear of Aberdeen by about 15 points.  
A couple key signings and better coaching and the expectation should be that squad should finishes 3rd next season whoever is in charge. 

I agree. 3 first team level signings and we will be fine next season. Centre half, right back and a winger. 

merseyjambo
7 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Whether they they were a success or not is irrelevant as you said;

Which is bollocks. Stuck in that wierd English football bubble.

And what weird bubble is that?????? The one where England and most of Europe think Scottish football is a financially destitute back water???? 

Financially we cannot compete with a lot of clubs in the top two tiers in England. Google search shows that the average manager there earns 15k per week.

This is about affordability and what sort of manager we get and whether Naismith is a better option.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

"You're building something not that's going to give you short-term results but in a year's time you're back trying something new. The club needs something bigger than that."

Naismith speaking more sense than a lot of his evangelists on here.

That being said I am guessing he would only say what he has said if he knows he has the job.

I’d love to know who his competition was.

Anyway, looking forward to the debate as to our next manager after Xmas.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Bad Religion
4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

"You're building something not that's going to give you short-term results but in a year's time you're back trying something new. The club needs something bigger than that."

Naismith speaking more sense than a lot of his evangelists on here.

That being said I am guessing he would only say what he has said he of knows he has the job.

I’d love to know who his competition was.

Anyway, looking forward to the debate as to our next manager after Xmas.

Let’s hope he fails, you can tell us you told us so and we can bring Robbie back. 

Dennis Reynolds
13 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

And what weird bubble is that?????? The one where England and most of Europe think Scottish football is a financially destitute back water???? 

Do they aye. 

bubblesitting-1200x900-cropped.jpg

Dusk_Till_Dawn
17 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Let’s hope he fails, you can tell us you told us so and we can bring Robbie back. 

We’ll see what happens. I guess what he’s saying is that if it doesn’t work out for Naismith, it won’t look too clever.

Not that our board are very clever but still.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We’ll see what happens. I guess what he’s saying is that if it doesn’t work out for Naismith, it won’t look too clever.

It’ll look far more clever than getting some drongo from England like wee Lee, heckingbottom or Stendel. 

Sinbad the Sailor
2 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

If we didn't have to play Dundee Utd we'd have 5 less players injured😊

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It’ll look far more clever than getting some drongo from England like wee Lee, heckingbottom or Stendel. 

Not if it doesn’t work it won’t.

Or does Naismith get a free pass as a former player/current employee/whatever?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
28 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

I don’t want Robbie back. I didn’t want Robbie back.

🤝

14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not if it doesn’t work it won’t.

Or does Naismith get a free pass as a former player/current employee/whatever?

Not from me. Who should we go for? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not from me. Who should we go for? 

You said it was better for Naismith to be a failure than a coach from down south. I’m asking why 

23 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Isn't that the risk full stop given the manager's we're likely to be able to attract? 

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You said it was better for Naismith to be a failure than a coach from down south. I’m asking why 

Cheaper, why spend extra money on the type of manager that routinely fails at clubs like ours?  Who would you go for? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Isn't that the risk full stop given the manager's we're likely to be able to attract? 

To be frank, are any of us clear on exactly who we can attract?

There seems to be a push among the Naismith enthusiasts to paint us as so tinpot that we’re restricted to proven losers or completely unproven names.

Not so different to the narrative on here that Neilson was as good as it gets

There seems to be a push among the Naismith enthusiasts to paint us as so tinpot that we’re restricted to proven losers or completely unproven names.

Your first sentence sums it up for me. I don’t think we can attract anyone with a proven track record in a compatible league who isn’t on his way down. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, GinRummy said:

Cheaper, why spend extra money on the type of manager that routinely fails at clubs like ours?  Who would you go for? 

I’d take Wilder if it was feasible 

I’d take Wilder if it was feasible 

So would I but I don’t think it is. He’s already said he wants to manage in England then the next thing the press are reporting he’s still interested in Hearts. I’m reading that as keeping his name out there. Just my interpretation though. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, GinRummy said:

So would I but I don’t think it is. He’s already said he wants to manage in England then the next thing the press are reporting he’s still interested in Hearts. I’m reading that as keeping his name out there. Just my interpretation though. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s beyond us but I think we could probably make him a tempting pitch. He won’t be loaded with amazing offers I don’t think.

But true, unlikely to happen

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s beyond us but I think we could probably make him a tempting pitch. He won’t be loaded with amazing offers I don’t think.

But true, unlikely to happen

I honestly think he’d just be using us to look like he’s in demand unless it was ridiculous cash. Just what I think though, I could easily be wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Any manager we can attract will have a spotty record imo.

Bull's-eye

I think if Naisy gets the job we'll be in exactly the same place as we are now in November. With a new catetaker.

He'll get hounded out after the 1st poor performance and i don't see him hanging around with us at this stage in his managerial career.

If he gets the job permenantly we'd just be setting him up to fail imo.

As long as sorts out the away form then Naismith will do for me. 

Looking at the other names mentioned then I’ll take Naismith every day of the week 

8 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I think if Naisy gets the job we'll be in exactly the same place as we are now in November. With a new catetaker.

He'll get hounded out after the 1st poor performance and i don't see him hanging around with us at this stage in his managerial career.

If he gets the job permenantly we'd just be setting him up to fail imo.

Nobody got hounded out by the fans except in your mad mincey heid.  

Appointing Naismith would be an experiment, what happens when we are going through a bad spell next season or when teams start to figure out how we are trying to play? Does Naismith have a plan B,C,D,E and F ? I'm not so sure he does to be honest, I would geniunely be dissapointed if he was appointed manager, nothing against the guy and I would get behind him, but i just feel that the club and board have went for the cheap option yet again, which is very dissapointing imo.

Edited by gregzy2k7

Bull's-eye
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nobody got hounded out by the fans except in your mad mincey heid.  

Every manager at every club in the land invariably gets hounded out by the fans sweetcheeks.

Precious so you are.

9 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Appointing Naismith would be an experiment, what happens when we are going through a bad spell next season or when teams start to figure out how we are trying to play? Does Naismith have a plan B,C,D,E and F ? I'm not so sure to be honest but I would geniunely be dissapointed if he was appointed, nothing against the guy and I would get behind him, but i just feel that the club and board have went for the cheap option yet again, which is very dissapointing imo.

Out with the old firm Scotland is a graveyard for English league managers and foreign managers. Who would fit the profile you’d like to see? Or what is that profile?

Edited by GinRummy

jock _turd
8 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Any manager we can attract will have a spotty record imo.

So what you are saying is the third biggest club in Scotland cannot expect to employ a worthwhile manager. I can see that to an extent but a decent young manager wanting to bring himself to the fore... reckon it could be a good move. Yes you can earn good money managing second rate  English championship or similar level sides but you could still be well under the radar. On the other hand winning things with an ambitious board at The Heart of Midlothian Football  Club may just elevate your stock somewhat? Participation in Euro comps is the key I think.

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

So what you are saying is the third biggest club in Scotland cannot expect to employ a worthwhile manager. I can see that to an extent but a decent young manager wanting to bring himself to the fore... reckon it could be a good move. Yes you can earn good money managing second rate  English championship or similar level sides but you could still be well under the radar. On the other hand winning things with an ambitious board at The Heart of Midlothian Football  Club may just elevate your stock somewhat? Participation in Euro comps is the key I think.

It’s not the key. Money is the key. That and keeping a higher profile in English lower leagues than in the desert that is Scottish football. 

davemclaren

The Championship down south is much higher profile than the SPL. 

4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Every manager at every club in the land invariably gets hounded out by the fans sweetcheeks.

Precious so you are.

So why mention Naismith specifically cutie pie 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Trouble is, the Championship play-off final is about to be played between Luton and Coventry, two second-rate clubs as you put it. And the lure of getting out of the Championship is much bigger than anything in Scotland, certainly outside the Old Firm.

As an aside, what makes you say our board are ambitious? 

Just now, jock _turd said:

Worthwhile is a subjective term. I don't think we can appoint a manager who isn't a bit of a gamble is my view. That's as true for appointing Naismith as it would be appointing someone that bounces about English lower leagues. 

I don't know much about League 1 and 2 in England but are there any up and comers that wouldn't potentially fail in the way folk are worried Naismith would? 

Bull's-eye
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So why mention Naismith specifically cutie pie 

The clue is in the thread title.

KevinKyle10
8 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Do you mean like a Naismith type?

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I honestly think folk are expecting too much.  We are not going to go out and pay a manager 20k a week. That’s not ambitious that’s mental. The only manager that would be worth that is a manager who has recently done well in a comparable league. That sort of manager will have interest elsewhere and almost certainly not choose us. Which leaves someone who’s done well previously but ****ed up more recently. Risky and expensive. 

The other option is the usual merry go round of Scottish league managers. No thanks. 

My thought‘s too! 👍