Suitable managers

Sertse

9 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Sibbick could easily slot into midfield. 

I agree but that would be another player playing out of position. Lots on here seem to think that’s the problem. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

👍 Also has pace and a physical presence which we’re lacking in that department at the moment. 

Definitely. 

51 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I agree but that would be another player playing out of position. Lots on here seem to think that’s the problem. 

Who would play alongside Rowles though. He's vulnerable enough as it is. 

Wonder what Lewis Neilson makes of his own development in his first season at the club. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Carter said:

St Mirren were very unlucky at Tynecastle last time. They've dismantled an opponent yesterday that we routinely struggle against. 

Main and Watt will be counting the days til Saturday and licking their lips in anticipation of coming up against Sibbick and Rowles. I'll guarantee that Rowles will get ragdolled by Main. 

Aberdeen may lose some games. Reality is they've gained 9 points on us in past 5 games. We've lost to a side yesterday who'd taken 6 from last 30. 

I get the impression you're optimism in nothing other than continued entrenched support of a manager you simply can't or won't see any fault in. 

Your impression is wring.

My optimism is based on our home record v the teams we will play at home,  Bobs record for 3rd place finishes and our recent record v hibs.

Pretty solid foundations tbh.

I have faulted him, I've said several times our January window was poor and I'd play a 451, not 3 at that back. 

Bist as I've not been howling, getting all angry and calling him names you probably missed that.

If our home form slumps then we might not finish 3rd and the board will have a decision to make in the summer.

The best squad in years blah blah, probably true, well why then so many poor team performances and the eye bleeding side to side passing, and the ridiculous team formation’s? Management, poor management, record crowds will dissipate fast if this continues. Perhaps it’s time to spend on a proper manager first,  rather than a hotel.#football first

Edited by ducatiboy

Are we expecting the club to comment today at all ? Even if it’s just to say he has the 100% support of the board surely the last few performances and results warrant some kind of statement?

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Even if we finish 3rd, Bob’s times up in many fans opinion. Rabids as you call them  may get their wish? 

Nah, they'll go all quiet again waiting/ hoping for the next run of poor form.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You're clearly incapable of rational debate. 

I'm fairly sure few if any want Neilson to fail and therefore Hearts by extension. Many fans probably wouldn't have brought him back for a second spell. His managerial career hadn't exactly been on an upward trajectory since he left the first time. He's one of a very small pool of people Budge knows in football. 

The constant reference to his league finishes lacks so much context. We've got every conceivable advantage over the other 9 OF teams. Over the last 12 months in the league we've accumulated broadly similar number of points as St Mirren and Livingston despite a huge gulf in resources. I'm not quite sure how you can readily defend that. 

This isn't about closing gap on the top two. It's about proper utilisation of our budget against our peers and performing accordingly. I believe with the resources we have we should finish somewhere upwards of 8-10+ points clear in 3rd. We're in a rut of having a huge differential in budget to most clubs only to perform moderately higher. God forbid we lose on Saturday and we're 1 point ahead of St Mirren after 31 games. That's gross under performance under every conceivable metric. 

BackOfTheNet
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Are we expecting the club to comment today at all ? Even if it’s just to say he has the 100% support of the board surely the last few performances and results warrant some kind of statement?

Nope. I expect nothing.

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It’s not about this poor run of form for me really. It’s about his target set by the club and expected by the fans

Finish 3rd and he probably keeps his job. JUST. I’d still change but the club and most fans won’t want to.

Finish 4th or worse and he’s not only gone backwards with a bigger budget but he has handed our £5million plus to a rival. No doubt in my mind whatsoever he’ll be sacked for that.

I think we should relieve him now and put a caretaker in before it’s too late to recover but seems unlikely or we’d have done it by now.

Edited by JimmyCant

4 hours ago, Carter said:

I'm fairly sure few if any want Neilson to fail and therefore Hearts by extension. Many fans probably wouldn't have brought him back for a second spell. His managerial career hadn't exactly been on an upward trajectory since he left the first time. He's one of a very small pool of people Budge knows in football. 

The constant reference to his league finishes lacks so much context. We've got every conceivable advantage over the other 9 OF teams. Over the last 12 months in the league we've accumulated broadly similar number of points as St Mirren and Livingston despite a huge gulf in resources. I'm not quite sure how you can readily defend that. 

This isn't about closing gap on the top two. It's about proper utilisation of our budget against our peers and performing accordingly. I believe with the resources we have we should finish somewhere upwards of 8-10+ points clear in 3rd. We're in a rut of having a huge differential in budget to most clubs only to perform moderately higher. God forbid we lose on Saturday and we're 1 point ahead of St Mirren after 31 games. That's gross under performance under every conceivable metric. 

Bang on with all of that 👍

7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

No chance

Realistically if they haven't done it yet, if we lose to St Midden it should be curtains. The realist in me says as long as we didn't get relegated he would still be in a job.

Watt-Zeefuik
7 hours ago, Carter said:

To be clear I am not defending Neilson's performance over the last few months and am more open to a change than I've ever been since he arrived. However, every time the bit in the last paragraph comes up, I have to ask: based on what?

Every bit of real evidence that's emerged has shown Aberdeen and Hibs to have a wage base very similar to ours, if not slightly greater. We've gained the advantage of Europe and we have FoH but their deep pocketed owners have been digging into their treasuries to try to keep up with us. Beyond that, Aberdeen has a considerably higher non-football income base at this point that helps them cover the gap in attendances with us.

We should be beating Kilmarnock and St. Mirren and Livingston, particularly at home. But I'm getting tired of this sense of entitlement based on the "we're the third biggest club" stuff. It's true in terms of fan base and attendances but right now it hasn't translated into a big budget advantage for a number of reasons.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

To be clear I am not defending Neilson's performance over the last few months and am more open to a change than I've ever been since he arrived. However, every time the bit in the last paragraph comes up, I have to ask: based on what?

Every bit of real evidence that's emerged has shown Aberdeen and Hibs to have a wage base very similar to ours, if not slightly greater. We've gained the advantage of Europe and we have FoH but their deep pocketed owners have been digging into their treasuries to try to keep up with us. Beyond that, Aberdeen has a considerably higher non-football income base at this point that helps them cover the gap in attendances with us.

We should be beating Kilmarnock and St. Mirren and Livingston, particularly at home. But I'm getting tired of this sense of entitlement based on the "we're the third biggest club" stuff. It's true in terms of fan base and attendances but right now it hasn't translated into a big budget advantage for a number of reasons.

We've not been consistently the 3rd biggest team for decades- if ever,  we've been relegated as much  as we've finished 3rd in the last ten years.

We should be a Top 4/5 side every year, I'd like us to be 3rd every year but nothing  financially or sporting wise indicates we " should" be 3rd and as some suggest- 3rd comfortably. 

It's made up nonsense with no context or substance. None whatsoever. 

We were 3rd last year and still have a good chance of 3rd this year.

Under Bob or another 3rd is likley as good as it gets,  consecutive 3rd places are very difficult,  despite what noise some make. 

Some Folk frustrations are entirely their own making when dreams of competition with the OF for titles don't pan put and we take humpings in Europe. 

Anyone with a realisation of our place in Scottish and World football knows that holding on to 3rd is the challenge for us, it was always going to be that way.

Admittedly we are making extra hard work of it,  but it was always going to be the case,  finishing 3rd consecutively is our next level. 

Folk won't like that, but it is.

Some folk have been over 1000 games and the Penny still hasn't dropped.

We need to take stock in the summer of many things, but right now Bob is staying and will see the season out.

The plane hiring,  graffiti, poster printing and daft name callers can gtf. 

Horrible *******s and a embarrassment to our support. 

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Sertse said:

No chance

Realistically if they haven't done it yet, if we lose to St Midden it should be curtains. The realist in me says as long as we didn't get relegated he would still be in a job.

Load of pish.

Bottom 6 and he'd be emptied 100%.

4th, maybe not, but imo of we finished 5th or 6th he'd be gone.

Didn't get relegated,  ffs what a load of pish.

You think if we ended up 11th and stayed up he'd be in a job?

Utter nonsense. 

Bobs never finished below 3rd so you have to make shite up to justify whatever point it is you are trying to make.

17 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Load of pish.

Utter nonsense. 

Bobs never finished below 3rd so you have to make shite up to justify whatever point it is you are trying to make.

His name is ****ing Robbie Neilson!! Not ****ing Bob. 

57 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Load of pish.

Utter nonsense. 

Yawn

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Yawn

Another one who posts, then can't have a response as the original post was made up shite.

The brains trust is out in force tonight.

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Another one who posts, then can't have a response as the original post was made up shite.

The brains trust is out in force tonight.

Typical SRB/BRB response, I've been here long enough to know you think you can just post aggressive messages to people who don't agree with you because you think louder/more aggressive means you're right.

Why engage with you in any way? You sit here for hours every single day to take on a contrarian viewpoint and argue with every poster you can. I purposely avoid replying to the utter dross bait posts by you that appear on every single thread on the board but you still come into them looking for arguments. 

Do you have nothing better to do? Genuinely?

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Typical SRB/BRB response, I've been here long enough to know you think you can just post aggressive messages to people who don't agree with you because you think louder/more aggressive means you're right.

Why engage with you in any way? You sit here for hours every single day to take on a contrarian viewpoint and argue with every poster you can. I purposely avoid replying to the utter dross bait posts by you that appear on every single thread on the board but you still come into them looking for arguments. 

Do you have nothing better to do? Genuinely?

I actually never agreed with you.. not the other way about. 

I then gave reasons and examples and called your comment out as Bull shite.

You've probably avoided me as when pushed back on  your opinion, as  in this case it is shown uo to be made up Bull shite with no foundation or substance. 

I simply called out your nonsense and you couldn't respond,  and despite initially taking the moral high ground you  sign of with a personal dig, but thankfully for you  it deflects away from you having to justify the nonsense that you originally spouted.

You seem a tad sensitive tbh, post an opinion,  especially a nonsense one on a forum and expect a reaction. 

If it upsets you, don't post your opinion, especially when it's made up shite or put those that you might find "aggressive" on ignore.

If not, deal with it.

Ofc, you could have answered my concerns about your opinion,  but it's become clear you know it's nonsense so have went down the deflection route.

Fair enough,  if I posted shite with no basis or substance,  I'd probably do the same.

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You've probably avoided me as when pushed back on  your opinion, as  in this case it is shown uo to be made up Bull shite with no foundation or substance. 

I simply called out your nonsense and you couldn't respond,  and despite initially taking the moral high ground you  sign of with a personal dig, but thankfully for you  it deflects away from you having to justify the nonsense that you originally spouted.

You seem a tad sensitive tbh, post an opinion,  especially a nonsense one on a forum and expect a reaction. 

If it upsets you, don't post your opinion, especially when it's made up shite or put those that you might find "aggressive" on ignore.

If not, deal with it.

Ofc, you could have answered my concerns about your opinion,  but it's become clear you know it's nonsense so have went down the deflection route.

Fair enough,  if I posted shite with no basis or substance,  I'd probably do the same.

You're a keyboard warrior

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We've not been consistently the 3rd biggest team for decades- if ever,  we've been relegated as much  as we've finished 3rd in the last ten years.

We should be a Top 4/5 side every year, I'd like us to be 3rd every year but nothing  financially or sporting wise indicates we " should" be 3rd and as some suggest- 3rd comfortably. 

Under Bob or another 3rd is likley as good as it gets,  consecutive 3rd places are very difficult,  despite what noise some make. 

Some Folk frustrations are entirely their own making when dreams of competition with the OF for titles don't pan put and we take humpings in Europe. 

Anyone with a realisation of our place in Scottish and World football knows that holding on to 3rd is the challenge for us, it was always going to be that way.

Admittedly we are making extra hard work of it,  but it was always going to be the case,  finishing 3rd consecutively is our next level. 

We need to take stock in the summer of many things, but right now Bob is staying and will see the season out.

Serious question. Can you make the distinction between Hearts from 70's to Admin and the post Admin era? 

Genuine question. 

The White Cockade

Play like we did at Pitiddrie and Rugby Park and Hibs will give us a real doing

St Mirren next Saturday is critical for the rest of our season 

If we don’t win that it will all fall apart off and on the pitch

7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I could call him something else.

First and only person I've ever put on ignore and I've been here for years which really says something

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

First and only person I've ever put on ignore and I've been here for years which really says something

I often wonder if you'd get away with being so routinely abusive if you were being critical of what's going on at the club as opposed to an apologist like poster in question. 

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Sertse said:

You're a keyboard warrior

If I were, you have been bested ( again) in the noble art of JKB verbal combat.

I do realise why I had you on ignore for so long now tho, very dull and unable to debate your point in any meaningful way when challenged.

Very boring.

13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If I were, you have been bested ( again) in the noble art of JKB verbal combat.

I do realise why I had you on ignore for so long now tho, very dull and unable to debate your point in any meaningful way when challenged.

Very boring.

:rofl:

7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s not about this poor run of form for me really. It’s about his target set by the club and expected by the fans

Finish 3rd and he probably keeps his job. JUST. I’d still change but the club and most fans won’t want to.

Finish 4th or worse and he’s not only gone backwards with a bigger budget but he has handed our £5million plus to a rival. No doubt in my mind whatsoever he’ll be sacked for that.

I think we should relieve him now and put a caretaker in before it’s too late to recover but seems unlikely or we’d have done it by now.

To be fair it was never ‘our’ £5m.  It had to be earned over the entire season. Might still be. But it certainly wasn’t and isn’t ours as a right.   A 4th Place finish  and two qualifying round wins is actually potentially financially more rewarding than finishing third.  Tougher to do probably but more rewarding nevertheless and an extra away trip (in the summer) for the fans. 

Fxxx the SPFL
36 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Play like we did at Pitiddrie and Rugby Park and Hibs will give us a real doing

St Mirren next Saturday is critical for the rest of our season 

If we don’t win that it will all fall apart off and on the pitch

My mate’s a season ticket holder at fester road and he said they were utter mince against the well so not worried we’ll beat them and st liedown and the stag goes nine points 3rd place is ours get yer money on better odds now 

10 hours ago, Carter said:

Our player budget is very similar to Hibs and Aberdeen so by your logic  we should be in a battle with them for third, fourth and fifth places in the league.  Guess what? 

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If not, deal with it.

PHM don't want Hibs to win trophies .. you did .

PHM go to Tynecastle yet you choose Murrayfield .

Are you sure you're on the right forum wee baws ? 

42 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Our player budget is very similar to Hibs and Aberdeen so by your logic  we should be in a battle with them for third, fourth and fifth places in the league.  Guess what? 

What advantages are we seeing from the FoH and JA monies each year? 

I presume you remain firmly behind RN. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Can you list the playing budgets of all 3 clubs please ? (For this current season) Bearing in mind Hibs and Aberdeen’s publicly declared accounts it would astonishing if their budget is in our ballpark.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

To be fair it was never ‘our’ £5m.  It had to be earned over the entire season. Might still be. But it certainly wasn’t and isn’t ours as a right.   A 4th Place finish  and two qualifying round wins is actually potentially financially more rewarding than finishing third.  Tougher to do probably but more rewarding nevertheless and an extra away trip (in the summer) for the fans. 

We won’t qualify for group stage conference league football from 2 rounds out. No chance iMO. Opposition in the 2nd qualifier will be far too strong for us.

The White Cockade
2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

My mate’s a season ticket holder at fester road and he said they were utter mince against the well so not worried we’ll beat them and st liedown and the stag goes nine points 3rd place is ours get yer money on better odds now 

I hope you are right but wouldn’t put money on it 

1 hour ago, Carter said:

What advantages are we seeing from the FoH and JA monies each year? 

I presume you remain firmly behind RN. 

No, firmly behind running a stable club that grows incrementally. One that doesn’t fire managers after a few bad results. If you check my posts nothing has changed on that front since I joined the forum. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, soonbe110 said:

No, firmly behind running a stable club that grows incrementally. One that doesn’t fire managers after a few bad results. If you check my posts nothing has changed on that front since I joined the forum. 

Especially if you get a titbit or two for some ITK knowledge. :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Can you list the playing budgets of all 3 clubs please ? (For this current season) Bearing in mind Hibs and Aberdeen’s publicly declared accounts it would astonishing if their budget is in our ballpark.

Based on last published accounts here was very little difference between the three clubs playinb budgets. Haven’t got any info beyond that.  The other two clubs posted significant losses because their playing budgets were out of kilter with their income. Both clubs owners said it was planned spending to ensure they remained competitive. That might change at Hibs now with their owners death and maybe Cormacks health scare will change things there but last public numbers were as I say. 

17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We won’t qualify for group stage conference league football from 2 rounds out. No chance iMO. Opposition in the 2nd qualifier will be far too strong for us.

Just your opinion though.  We might get a favourable draw or a fluky result.  

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Especially if you get a titbit or two for some ITK knowledge. :rolleyes:

Wouldn’t know about that.  

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Just your opinion though.  We might get a favourable draw or a fluky result.  

I think we’re more likely to finish 3rd and avoid qualifying than we are to qualify if that’s where we end up. At this stage finishing 3rd is 50-50 at best and we’ll need minimum 6 points from the next 3 games to keep it 50-50 going into the split.

We need an immediate recovery (starting Saturday)of form/results or we’re fecked IMO

We have 6 games left you’d mark down as winnable. I think we’ll need to win 4 of them. Possibly we’ll get away with just 3 if one of the wins is against Aberdeen and Hibs don’t go on a run

Edited by JimmyCant

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Absolutely none of that makes any of it acceptable and much of it simply doesn’t apply to this current version of Hearts.

We are in the strongest position financially we’ve ever been in, we have a structure to support what should be a strong enough squad to see of the challenge of Aberdeen and Hibs given their form this season with relative ease. We had no chance in Europe but we persisted in messing about with the team in the league, lost and then lost in Europe anyway which put us on the back foot from the start, when the reality was European results meant little in the bigger picture of getting it again next season and building a stronger squad to compete.

To compare previous seasons and historical stats to the current set up is like comparing apples and bananas.

Theres no excuse for our away form it’s embarrassing, and just because we’ve always been crap away from home simply doesn’t cut it now. Our performances against Rangers in particular are almost as embarrassing as our away record and the basic errors made against Celtic suggest neither the coaching staff, manager or players are prepared to learn, develop or change.

When you look at the club, it’s facilities, income, fan base as a cut above everything outside the old firm Neilson simply isn’t delivering the performances to match. Yes we’re hanging onto 3rd for now and undoubtedly he’ll see out the season but I think we need a change in the summer as there doesn’t seem to be much improvement, which is what we require year on year.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Rudy T said:

Absolutely none of that makes any of it acceptable and much of it simply doesn’t apply to this current version of Hearts.

We are in the strongest position financially we’ve ever been in, we have a structure to support what should be a strong enough squad to see of the challenge of Aberdeen and Hibs given their form this season with relative ease. We had no chance in Europe but we persisted in messing about with the team in the league, lost and then lost in Europe anyway which put us on the back foot from the start, when the reality was European results meant little in the bigger picture of getting it again next season and building a stronger squad to compete.

To compare previous seasons and historical stats to the current set up is like comparing apples and bananas.

Theres no excuse for our away form it’s embarrassing, and just because we’ve always been crap away from home simply doesn’t cut it now. Our performances against Rangers in particular are almost as embarrassing as our away record and the basic errors made against Celtic suggest neither the coaching staff, manager or players are prepared to learn, develop or change.

When you look at the club, it’s facilities, income, fan base as a cut above everything outside the old firm Neilson simply isn’t delivering the performances to match. Yes we’re hanging onto 3rd for now and undoubtedly he’ll see out the season but I think we need a change in the summer as there doesn’t seem to be much improvement, which is what we require year on year.

It's just easy to ignore the history,  the context,  the fact we were promoted 2 years ago and bang the fantasy next level  drum.

It's more exciting than the reality. 

When Bob leaves,  the next manager will do well to finish 3rd.

That's the reality.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, R9. said:

8 pages deep and I thought someone at least would of mentioned Martindale. 

No thanks.

2 minutes ago, R9. said:

8 pages deep and I thought someone at least would of mentioned Martindale. 

Widely acknowledged that the job is too big for him Id have thought.

Hes the midgie of Scottish football. An annoying wee shite but can spoil a day out if you let it

Edited by JimmyCant

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's just easy to ignore the history,  the context,  the fact we were promoted 2 years ago and bang the fantasy next level  drum.

It's more exciting than the reality. 

When Bob leaves,  the next manager will do well to finish 3rd.

That's the reality.

Not once did I mention ‘next level’ and I don’t believe for a minute another manager would simply do well to finish 3rd.

The fact that Neilson hasn’t found a way of winning away games is the reality ffs Callum Davidson is doing better than Neilson in that respect. Our performances against the OF are terrible, forget the results they are better teams and should be beating us but bar one game we’ve barely laid a glove on them.

Ignore history? Really, so are you asking us to compare squads that weren’t being paid to this current lot? To a debt ridden club selling its best players for buttons each season to this current set up?