• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

Tynecastle Valhalla

I know this doesn’t answer your question but neilson won’t be sacked 

he’s just signed a 3 year lucrative deal. It would cost the club a fortune.

19 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You're better than that bullseye.

If you are gonnae rip others for suggesting, why not have the baws to make one too or at least admit you are Robbie till you die?

I have zero interest in who is in the dugout. I see inconsistent weak individuals on the pitch every week.

If we feel the need to start chopping and changing managers in the hunt to find the "right fit" then so be it. 

Its absolutely ridiculous chucking names into a hat, we have no clue about wages or contract lengths or even if chopping and changing is what the board want.

If we do go down the change manager strategy then I'll still support the club.

26 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Dean Smith is another suggestion of mines.

As Norwich are my English side, I'll say 'no ****ing thanks' to that one. 😁

11 minutes ago, saki jambo said:

Steve Clark ?

Aye cos it went well last time we poached a Scotland manager- Willie Ormond.

Maybe we could do something no other club would ever have the bollocks to do.

Our ladies first team coach is doing a ****ing tremendous job.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

As Norwich are my English side, I'll say 'no ****ing thanks' to that one. 😁

Graveyard for managers mate :lol: 

Walter Bishop
57 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Come on Neilson bed wetters let's hear the master plan

Im sure you are aware it would be the board’s responsibility to find a replacement, not the fan in the street. 👍

Walter Bishop

Missed a trick with Chris Wilder, I’m certain he would have been interested. 

Gerard’s appointment by Rangers opened the door for bigger names to take an interest in Scottish football. 

I'd go for mcinnes. Would set us up based on our strengths in stead of square peg stuff. If we were able to poach him from killie, I think we'd have third secured quicker than if we stay with Bob.

Bungalow Bill

Fairly sure KB wanted Cathro and Stendel, we should be nowhere near picking a new manager! 

3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Maybe we could do something no other club would ever have the bollocks to do.

Our ladies first team coach is doing a ****ing tremendous job.

Why not, in this day and age, cannae be any worse than bob. Plus we cant the hobos usually do everything first, the first female manager of a top flight male football club

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Fairly sure KB wanted Cathro and Stendel, we should be nowhere near picking a new manager! 

We wont be.  We can still discuss the merits of others though. 

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, jambo1975 said:

Mute point. We are stuck with this clown.  

Probably true - the clueless board gave him a long contract - I’ve no idea why because no other club would try to take him. The idiots at Dunfermline did the same with McPake 

feedtheroman2
58 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

How about Robbo with Naismith as his assistant. Give them it till the end of the season and see how it goes. Would love to see him back and doing well. He would certainly let the players know what it’s all about and give the whole club a huge lift. The one thing is if it doesn’t go well it would be impossible to take for most of us. This might be the time for him though and we are just missing that one magical piece. 

I'm all for this.

Walter Bishop
18 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

And we won’t be, it’s not our job. 

Bungalow Bill
1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

And we won’t be, it’s not our job. 

Obviously. 

Naisys Tackle
30 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I have zero interest in who is in the dugout. I see inconsistent weak individuals on the pitch every week.

If we feel the need to start chopping and changing managers in the hunt to find the "right fit" then so be it. 

Its absolutely ridiculous chucking names into a hat, we have no clue about wages or contract lengths or even if chopping and changing is what the board want.

If we do go down the change manager strategy then I'll still support the club.

We aren't on the board though, we are punters discussing managers out there.  Without discussion no JKB.

Hectormasson
21 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Gerard’s appointment by Rangers opened the door for bigger names to take an interest in Scottish football. 

aye for arse cheeks ? not anyone else,only clubs anyone would want to manage , from england...

Tom Hardy’s Dug
45 minutes ago, Tynecastle Valhalla said:

I know this doesn’t answer your question but neilson won’t be sacked 

he’s just signed a 3 year lucrative deal. It would cost the club a fortune.

To be fair missing out on group euro football will cost us more.

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We aren't on the board though, we are punters discussing managers out there.  Without discussion no JKB.

The only criteria as a punter we have is experienced SPFL manager or ex-player that was gobby.

Thats a Shite discussion and you know it.

You have to take finance into the discussion, its the main criteria and we're not party to it.

That makes it a rather pishy discussion no ?

Thunder and Lightning

Somone phone Robbo. He has unfinished business here and wouldn't stand for the lacklustre performance from some of our senior players. 

46 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Agree with this. Wilder's only agreed to take Watford until the end of the season though. 

I've said elsewhere, I don't understand the Scottish fascination of only firing an underperforming manager when a replacement has been identified.

If the Hearts job was available, I'm completely comfortable there would be no shortage of interest from experienced and ambitious managers and head coaches. No idea who. The most important thing is the Joe Savage gets a big say in who gets it.

Edited by blairdin

Naisys Tackle
14 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

The only criteria as a punter we have is experienced SPFL manager or ex-player that was gobby.

Thats a Shite discussion and you know it.

You have to take finance into the discussion, its the main criteria and we're not party to it.

That makes it a rather pishy discussion no ?

Not really, I've not suggested any of the above.  True about finance but the same about future transfers, that's worthy of chat too.

Probably, but when people want the manager gone it cheers people up maybe?

Mick from Oz

Kevin Muscat, won the league in Japan last season, plays a back four consistently, worked under Ange Postecoglou and has been influenced by him style wise, knows UK football well.

Batistuta87

David Martindale has done an outstanding job at Livi and speaks well about us; saying he's envious of the stadium and all that. He would at least have his heart in it. His "quiet word" with the Livi team at HT that someone recorded when they were playing shite is absolutely brilliant and exactly the sort of stuff I'd want my manager doing. Has a decent aye for a player on a budget, so I do wonder what he could do with some money although part of me thinks that these lower level markets are his thing, which wouldn't be good enough for Hearts. 

Would certainly prefer him to Neilson at this moment in time. Today has pushed me over the edge. 

BackOfTheNet
50 minutes ago, Bauld said:

There's a few just on that little section of free agents I wouldn't complain about. 

Screenshot_20230401_222715_Samsung Internet.jpg

Big Rafa has family still in Newcastle I think. Not too much of a commute I’d say. :wink:

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Mick from Oz said:

Kevin Muscat, won the league in Japan last season, plays a back four consistently, worked under Ange Postecoglou and has been influenced by him style wise, knows UK football well.

Total thug in his playing days but that's a great shout. Doing very well in his managerial career. 

Anybody is better than that charlatan. Give it to Naismith for the rest of the season. We may stand a chance of 4th

13 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Somone phone Robbo. He has unfinished business here and wouldn't stand for the lacklustre performance from some of our senior players. 

No chance. The wee man is a living legend and in no way should be tarred with the lack ambition of this Board. Robbo is from a era where points were hard fought for in the pitch. The last 9 years has seen a culture where on field success is largely inconsequential. There's always willing parties to backfill the coffers if delivering on the pitch is too much like hard work. 

BackOfTheNet

Screw it. Get Bielsa and his murder ball in. And let’s see the press call him unkempt or rude for not speaking English in interviews. It’ll be a laugh if nothing else.

23 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Not really, I've not suggested any of the above.  True about finance but the same about future transfers, that's worthy of chat too.

Probably, but when people want the manager gone it cheers people up maybe?

Yes but you need reality.

Someone quoted Chris Wilder. Sounds great, £1 million a year. Minimum £2million contract.

If it fails ?

If the next fails ?

McInness is a very good manager who would thrive at Hearts.......

If not, we should ask Postecoglou if he has any mates interested a relocation to the balmy weather of Scotland....

11 minutes ago, Section Q said:

McInness is a very good manager who would thrive at Hearts.......

If not, we should ask Postecoglou if he has any mates interested a relocation to the balmy weather of Scotland....

McInnes would be a very safe pair of hands tbh but Killie haven't been very good this season, so I suppose that maybe isn't totally straight forward.

I think either of Robinson, McInnes or even Tam Courts as a bit of a different option would be good enough. 

I'm not interested in the team trying to play a passing game, or anything massively technical. I want to watch a team that can do the basics right. We're a professional team, and shouldn't even need to say this, but passing the ball to a teammate really shouldn't be as difficult a task as we appear to be making it... beyond that, looking like we know what we're doing when we attack would be nice too. We don't need a rockstar manager, we just need someone who can man manage well and has clear ideas the players can buy into (that are doable within the skillset of the team). 

For me though, Robbie needs to go. I don't think he's going to win the fans back. This away form has been utterly pathetic. Its not bad, or disappointing, its actually pathetic. Right now, Spartans away would be a tough fixture. Our possession based approach doesn't work because we're not good enough at breaking teams down, and I don't see Robbie radically changing approaches. Most crucially though, the players look depressed. Overcoached has been a description I've seen and it looks about right. There doesn't seem to be much individuality or to be cliche, players 'expressing' themselves. Its all very system based and almost robot like. Players don't look motivated or that they're enjoying playing for him.

Even if he by some minor miracle manages to finish 3rd, I still think there is a discussion to be had. We can't keep trying to play in a way that the players can't consistently perform to. To me, that is bad management because the system is technically beyond the capabilities of the players we have. I think a manager like Stephen Robinson could come in and simplify our tactics and make things a lot more straightforward and clearer on what we're trying to do, and how we're trying to do it. It might not be fashionable, but I'd rather watch a team that is competent at what it does than Robbies delusions of grandeur. 

ShortmanRossco
3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Jesse Marsch or Ted Lasso. Make it happen.. 

Jesus no. Marsch is even more tactically limited than Neilson. Believe it or not.

Footballfirst

Frankie McAvoy at least has experience of being a head coach/manager from his time at Preston.

His record was P 33, W 14, L 10, D9 which isn't too bad for a middling side in the EFL.

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Frankie McAvoy at least has experience of being a head coach/manager from his time at Preston.

His record was P 33, W 14, L 10, D9 which isn't too bad for a middling side in the EFL.

When you think about it, McAvoy is actually a great shout. I did say maybe look at someone who’s been an assistant for a while and looking for a shot as manager. His record at Preston is decent and Steve Clarke had a decent pedigree at Premiership and then Championship level before being sacked too. Then look at what he did at Kilmarnock and now Scotland. Not saying McAvoy would be anything close to that, but I’d wager his coaching education is superior to that of Neilson’s coaching education. I say that mainly as Neilson doesn’t seem to learn from his time as a coach very much.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

When you think about it, McAvoy is actually a great shout. I did say maybe look at someone who’s been an assistant for a while and looking for a shot as manager. His record at Preston is decent and Steve Clarke had a decent pedigree at Premiership and then Championship level before being sacked too. Then look at what he did at Kilmarnock and now Scotland. Not saying McAvoy would be anything close to that, but I’d wager his coaching education is superior to that of Neilson’s coaching education. I say that mainly as Neilson doesn’t seem to learn from his time as a coach very much.

I'd be happy with McAvoy. At this point, I just want to see a change that will get a reaction from the players and see us over the finish line. Don't know much about McAvoy beyond wikipedia so no idea about how Preston played under him etc. 

If he gets back to back 3rd place finishes/european qualification, I'd be tempted to see if we can get that Robbie Neilson lad.

Seems to have done alright.

2 hours ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Aye, better leaving it to the peopke who actually gave them contracts....

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd be happy with McAvoy. At this point, I just want to see a change that will get a reaction from the players and see us over the finish line. Don't know much about McAvoy beyond wikipedia so no idea about how Preston played under him etc. 

I only know of what I have seen of him when he has been on the bench at either B team or U18 games (which is not a lot).  His style of play is a lot more direct than that of Neilson/Naismith  and looks for players to play the ball forward or drive forward with the ball whenever possible. It demands a high energy level from the players both going forward and back.

That in itself isn't necessarily enough to win games, but I think that fans are much more forgiving of players/teams that show that they are working hard both in defence and attack. 

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I only know of what I have seen of him when he has been on the bench at either B team or U18 games (which is not a lot).  His style of play is a lot more direct than that of Neilson/Naismith  and looks for players to play the ball forward or drive forward with the ball whenever possible. It demands a high energy level from the players both going forward and back.

That in itself isn't necessarily enough to win games, but I think that fans are much more forgiving of players/teams that show that they are working hard both in defence and attack. 

Thats encouraging, I like the sound of that. The idea of players having high energy levels shouldn't even be a point that needs to be mentioned, but after the Levein/Stendel debacle where Stendel came in and was horrified at how unfit the team were, I'd be possibly a bit concerned a similar issue might occur as it sounds like standards are rapidly plummeting. 

Think lampard could be a shout. He needs to reset and rebuild his management career. Doesnt need the money. And players would come on loan or transfer just to work with him. 

But if no, Sure theres loads that would love to come to us. We need to be looking at markets like Asia etc as celtic have to try and move on.

Robbie was/is a safe pair of hands. But hes done his job. Time for him to move onto a Hamilton or an Inverness and get them promoted.

And thank you robbie for what youve done!!

Edited by middie101