Suitable managers

Sertse

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Don't care who we get in next as manager, i hate him already.

Time to climb aboard the hatetrain 😃

:lol: 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Don't care who we get in next as manager, i hate him already.

Time to climb aboard the hatetrain 😃

:av-1001:

Choo, choo!

Or her.....

Bazzas right boot

Folk not understanding that the likes  McInnes can be a good manager, as well as the likes Clarke and even Martindale and Davidson, but Bob can also be a good manager!

They aren't linked.

If Bob is good it doesn't make McInnes shite.

Both can be decent.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Folk not understanding that the likes  McInnes can be a good manager, as well as the likes Clarke and even Martindale and Davidson, but Bob can also be a good manager!

They aren't linked.

If Bob is good it doesn't make McInnes shite.

Both can be decent.

Both many don't want as manager of our club.   We could do a lot better than both.   Clarke's a level above any of the mentioned. 

On 01/04/2023 at 21:36, Martin_T said:

It would be the Chief Executive who appoints the head coach I would think. I don't think that Neilson is subordinate to Savage in Hearts hierarchy.

Ultimately it would be the Chief Exec on the recommendation of the Sporting Director.  Savage is on the Hearts Board with full responsibility for the Football Dept, which includes the Football Management and Academy

Mr Elwood P
19 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

So you have nothing to suggest either or then.  Fair enough.  

We both support Hearts and I don't mind you as a poster.  Try not to be insulting next time though, does nothing for you and you just morph into the others that throw insults at people they don't agree with :) 

Worth noting, as a final point, that the automatic UEFA spot is due to the Old Firm being far stronger than they were previously.

Any examples of a manager getting the bullet and a change of form coming straight away.

I recall Muggy Mcglynn getting hounded out before the league final, lost. I recall wee Robbo getting the gig, disaster. I recall Stendel, monumental disaster. JJ after Csaba, disaster. No point in mentioning all the multiple changes during the Romanov mentalera.

Our history for uncovering a hidden gem of a coach isn't exactly all that decent is it  ☹️

Naisys Tackle
10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Worth noting, as a final point, that the automatic UEFA spot is due to the Old Firm being far stronger than they were previously.

Was down to Rangers getting smashed in Europe to 10 men Malmo then having a great run in the Europa. 

Get your point though, much stronger than the team Aberdeen finished ahead twice and we done once :) 

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Any examples of a manager getting the bullet and a change of form coming straight away.

I recall Muggy Mcglynn getting hounded out before the league final, lost. I recall wee Robbo getting the gig, disaster. I recall Stendel, monumental disaster. JJ after Csaba, disaster. No point in mentioning all the multiple changes during the Romanov mentalera.

Our history for uncovering a hidden gem of a coach isn't exactly all that decent is it  ☹️

JJ after Csaba wasn't a disaster, neither was Sergio replacing JJ.  Or when Csaba replaced Frail or when Burley replaced Robbo or when Levein replaced JJ or when JJ replaced Jordan. 

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Was down to Rangers getting smashed in Europe to 10 men Malmo then having a great run in the Europa. 

Get your point though, much stronger than the team Aberdeen finished ahead twice and we done once :) 

I saw on Twitter that Celtic had actually contributed more to the coefficient than Rangers due to the period of time it's worked out over. The source had a Celtic cult figure as their twitter handle though ... 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I saw on Twitter that Celtic had actually contributed more to the coefficient than Rangers due to the period of time it's worked out over. The source had a Celtic cult figure as their twitter handle though ... 

Yeah not sure how legit that source may be then mate :lol: 

28 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

JJ after Csaba wasn't a disaster, neither was Sergio replacing JJ.  Or when Csaba replaced Frail or when Burley replaced Robbo or when Levein replaced JJ or when JJ replaced Jordan. 

JJ semi final at Fir park, lost. Disaster.

Sergio was preseason.

Csaba came in preseason, Burley came in preseason. Levein replaced Houston.

Sandy Clark replaced Jordan.

Edited by Bull's-eye

Sinbad the Sailor

I just hope all the vitriol, panic, ranting and raving stops at 3 p.m. on Saturday. Wouldn't it be nice, for one time, just one time, that the keyboard warriors on here didn't sit on their hands and got vocally behind the team. Without the young team it's a library.

Robbie wrong, 343 doesn't work, x/y/z player is shite is getting boring. If you don't like it don't go and keep your negativity away.

Despite more men doon than notches on Stormy Daniels' headboard every week - we are still 3rd.

Let's make some noise and keep us there.

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

JJ semi final at Fir park, lost. Disaster.

Sergio was preseason.

Csaba came in preseason, Burley came in preseason. Levein replaced Houston.

Sandy Clark replaced Jordan.

He came in, steadied the ship after Csaba then finished 3rd.  How you can judge that as poor is beyond me. 

No it wasn't was after 2 or 3 games 

Houston was caretaker so was Sandy. 

Burley replaced a popular manager and done great. 

6 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He came in, steadied the ship after Csaba then finished 3rd.  How you can judge that as poor is beyond me. 

No it wasn't was after 2 or 3 games 

Houston was caretaker so was Sandy. 

Burley replaced a popular manager and done great. 

3rd is a disaster 😜

Read the board.

Anyway, my question was about putting a new man in mid season.

NextGenerationJambo
5 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

I just hope all the vitriol, panic, ranting and raving stops at 3 p.m. on Saturday. Wouldn't it be nice, for one time, just one time, that the keyboard warriors on here didn't sit on their hands and got vocally behind the team. Without the young team it's a library.

Robbie wrong, 343 doesn't work, x/y/z player is shite is getting boring. If you don't like it don't go and keep your negativity away.

Despite more men doon than notches on Stormy Daniels' headboard every week - we are still 3rd.

Have you questioned why the place is a library? It's very hard to get excited by constant side-to-side passing all game, waiting for something to happen. The product on the park determines the atmosphere, sadly the correlation is not reversible. 

The hearts away support have made far more noise than the home support more often than not, and have positively supported the team by buying tickets and travelling all over the country. Yet, we haven't seen an upturn in player performances in these games that you seem convinced will come if only the fans would be more positive and noisy. 

The fans can't fix what is happening on the field. That job lies at the feet of one man. Maybe he could inject some positivity into the team for a change.

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

3rd is a disaster 😜

Read the board.

Anyway, my question was about putting a new man in mid season.

True and true ;) 

19 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Don’t worry. They don’t go to games as it interferes with their inane and incessant rantings. 

Naisys Tackle
23 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Yeah it's this football forums fault mate. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Don’t worry. They don’t go to games as it interferes with their inane and incessant rantings. 

That's sum assumption to make and completely off topic.

Maybe you or Sinbad could make a thread on it instead of spamming and trolling this one?

8 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Bit of a left field option, good win ratio despite him only being a manager short term, plays 3-5-2. All a bit of fun right now until the season ends. Even then if Robbie gets third then I would imagine he'll continue.

ShortmanRossco
4 minutes ago, feej said:

Bit of a left field option, good win ratio despite him only being a manager short term, plays 3-5-2. All a bit of fun right now until the season ends. Even then if Robbie gets third then I would imagine he'll continue.

Why him over Scott Parker just considering they've both been at the same club? Just out of interest. I think if we could try for Parker it would be a progressive move.

Sinbad the Sailor
16 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah it's this football forums fault mate. 

Where did I say that? The players and the management team should be good enough but currently not. It doesn't help though with all the negativity on here. Do you get told you're shite at your job every week and of so does it help?

1 minute ago, ShortmanRossco said:

Why him over Scott Parker just considering they've both been at the same club? Just out of interest. I think if we could try for Parker it would be a progressive move.

Forgotten about Parker, didn't work out for him either. Parker's been decent, as you say, why not!!

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Where did I say that? The players and the management team should be good enough but currently not. It doesn't help though with all the negativity on here. Do you get told you're shite at your job every week and of so does it help?

Not sure what this has got to do with the thread.

If we clap and cheer and say Robbie we love you will he turn into prime Mourinho? 

Thunder and Lightning
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

If we clap and cheer and say Robbie we love you will he turn into prime Mourinho? 

I'd settle for him tuning into a bottle of prime at this stage. :) 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I'd settle for him tuning into a bottle of prime at this stage. :) 

:lol: 

love kickback. like an online care home at times.

am still staggered my 100% piss take suggestion of Plymouth's Schumacher is still being regurgitated on here. :rofl:

Bazzas right boot

Scott Parker....

Ffs, better off with Peter Parker.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Sinbad the Sailor
5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Or maybe if you greet enough that Robbie needs replaced we end up with another Cathro and it goes horribly wrong.

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

McInnes: 'took them up straight away. Solid job' 

Neilson: 'lucky'

Folk need to realise our next gaffer is far more likely to take us back, in terms of league positions, rather than forward. Be careful what you wish for (again)!

That’s just nonsense, if the people responsible for picking our next manager do their job properly then the next manager shouldn’t be worse than the outgoing one. No more Cathro or Levein lazy appointments an actual proper manager to take us forward.

And anyone suggesting McInnes then they need their nut looked!

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Or maybe if you greet enough that Robbie needs replaced we end up with another Cathro and it goes horribly wrong.

That would make sense if I have ever once said Robbie needs replaced let alone greet about it ;)

Cathro was a Levein and Budge disaster.  Thankfully Levein has **** all to do with the club anymore so no need to be shiting your wee panties on who will replace Robbie :) 

The Wrinkly Ninja
3 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

love kickback. like an online care home at times.

am still staggered my 100% piss take suggestion of Plymouth's Schumacher is still being regurgitated on here. :rofl:

You’re the first person to mention him for 48 hours.

JKB eh? A place for folk to blow smoke up their own pipes.

1 minute ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

You’re the first person to mention him for 48 hours.

JKB eh? A place for folk to blow smoke up their own pipes.

I 'suggested' Schumacher a couple of weeks ago (I think).

but I was wrong. The ideal candidate to take us to the next level is Richie Wellens who has got Leyton Orient to the top of League 2 by a clear 7 points and a game in hand! (not sure if thats been achieved with 'swashbuckling' play though)

come on Budge, get your hand in your pockets and rescue Wellens from his Orient hell !!

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

but I was wrong. The ideal candidate to take us to the next level is Richie Wellens who has got Leyton Orient to the top of League 2 by a clear 7 points and a game in hand! (not sure if thats been achieved with 'swashbuckling' play though)

come on Budge, get your hand in your pockets and rescue Wellens from his Orient hell !!

I suggested him before the World Cup.  Do I win? 

No the best candidate would be someone like Dean Smith. 

League 2 was where Robbie took the Dons though so Wellens could be an improvement.

Edited by Robbies Tackle

ShortmanRossco
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Scott Parker....

Ffs, better off with Peter Parker.

Why?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Schumacher’s been very decent 

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I suggested him before the World Cup.  Do I win? 

No the best candidate would be someone like Dean Smith. 

League 2 was where Robbie took the Dons though so Wellens could be an improvement.

bugger! you defo win lol

sorry.....my wellens suggestion was another piss take. he's going nowhere.

I think when Neilsen does go (and he will as all managers have a shelf life) our next appointment will be much more thoroughly researched so should hopefully be better than the usual suspects mentioned on here.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

bugger! you defo win lol

sorry.....my wellens suggestion was another piss take. he's going nowhere.

I think when Neilsen does go (and he will as all managers have a shelf life) our next appointment will be much more thoroughly researched so should hopefully be better than the usual suspects mentioned on here.

Totally.  And I trust we have the people in place now to do so instead of shiting ourselves based on past disasters. 

2 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

Why?

Because he wants a rise from you. Wants to go against the grain at every opportunity to start an argument with almost every poster on here. It's what he does, haven't you learnt that by now?

Notice the sarcastic dig as well, can't just say he doesn't agree and has to make a childish remark.

"Better off with Peter Parker". Chronic patter. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Because he wants a rise from you. Wants to go against the grain at every opportunity to start an argument with almost every poster on here. It's what he does, haven't you learnt that by now?

Notice the sarcastic dig as well, can't just say he doesn't agree and has to make a childish remark.

:spoton:

Sinbad the Sailor
18 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

That would make sense if I have ever once said Robbie needs replaced let alone greet about it ;)

Cathro was a Levein and Budge disaster.  Thankfully Levein has **** all to do with the club anymore so no need to be shiting your wee panties on who will replace Robbie :) 

Big pants pal and they are needed for the next 3 games. Robbie or no Robbie! 😁

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

Why?

He understands that with great power , comes great responsibility. 

Would do well with us.

ShortmanRossco
8 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Yeah I know. Just wanted to test to see if he actually could justify that statement. 

He couldn't.

1 minute ago, ShortmanRossco said:

Yeah I know. Just wanted to test to see if he actually could justify that statement. 

He couldn't.

Par for the course.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

In the sack Robbie poll I voted not sure so you have just jumped the gun and assumed again. 

Care to explain again in what way McInness isn't a more successful than Robbie before we end this brief chat as you did call me clueless then added Hearts finishing 3rd is a "great achievement"  ignoring three, yes three 2nd place finishes. 

No, McInnes didn’t have three 2nd place finishes, it was actually four (consecutive) with two of them splitting the OF.  Neilson couldn’t even manage 2nd place with no Rangers in the league. He’s also won a cup.  Their two records aren’t even comparable, yet there are still some simpletons on here that think Robbie is a better manager. 🤣 You really can’t debate with people like them that are so blinkered they can’t see outside of their little maroon bubble. 

Even with a shite Killie team with a fraction of our resources McInnes has still managed to beat us twice and draw once in the four games this season which is frankly embarrassing. 

Still don’t want McInnes as manager but it wouldn’t be the end of the world and would be an upgrade on Robbie for those that think we can’t do better.   Would probably be another 3rd place finish but more comfortable than present.