Suitable managers

Sertse

Nerja Jambo

To those blindly wanting to appoint Naismith. Why? Name 12 candidates applying for the job. Name the top 4 candidates interviewed. You can't, because none of us know, yet some still blindly want to appoint Naismith regardless. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

36 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I wouldn't say he is a no mark if you actually went and done some research on him. I'm not advocating for him to get the job but this is just the usual if you haven't heard of him lets dismiss him as being hopeless. 

Hmmm……I DID research before commenting. His career win ratio is actually quite decent but almost all at lowly clubs. His current club are in free fall this season after a decent season last year and the fans of that club want him out

14 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

To those blindly wanting to appoint Naismith. Why? Name 12 candidates applying for the job. Name the top 4 candidates interviewed. You can't, because none of us know, yet some still blindly want to appoint Naismith regardless. 

We’ve interviewed 4 candidates now ?

Of all the names mentioned in 8 weeks, two stand out above Naismith for me. Those being Wilder and Fink and even Wilder has question marks. We’re not getting either of those two because neither would actually consider taking it IMO which leaves Naismith sitting top of a pile of rumoured dross, so, based on what we know, I’d like Naismith. If the club announce a better option (on paper) than Naismith and give him the job I’m fine with it. They guy being discussed IMO is not a better option than Naismith.

Happy to discuss further if you can name anyone who has applied or any of the 4 who’ve been interviewed 

Edited by JimmyCant

16 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

Blindly ? 

Hearts are obviously giving the managerial search due diligence.  A level of professionalism that we were begging for after years of turmoil.  It's no in our nature to be patient!!

19 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

What about those who have decided they don’t want him even without knowing any other candidates? It’s the same logic. Up until Cifuentes, there’s maybe one or two posters on the whole board who have said ‘I don’t want Naismith, I want Mr X instead’. 

its all wind and pish, this hearts board is going for the easy cheap option, all this so they dont get egg on their face when Naismith fails.

Nerja Jambo
19 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Blindly ? 

Yes. If you don't know who else in in the frame and you still want SN, then blindly applies.

Nerja Jambo
29 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’ve interviewed 4 candidates now ?

Of all the names mentioned in 8 weeks, two stand out above Naismith for me. Those being Wilder and Fink and even Wilder has question marks. We’re not getting either of those two because neither would actually consider taking it IMO which leaves Naismith sitting top of a pile of rumoured dross, so, based on what we know, I’d like Naismith. If the club announce a better option (on paper) than Naismith and give him the job I’m fine with it. They guy being discussed IMO is not a better option than Naismith.

Happy to discuss further if you can name anyone who has applied or any of the 4 who’ve been interviewed 

I'm making a presumption that they had interviews with at least 4 candidates. I would think that would be a sensible amount to interview. Just the same as I presume 12 candidates applied. It was quite clearly a hypothetical question.

Edited by Nerja Jambo

Nothing about this guy makes me think he would be a better option than Naismith.

What we need is a manager right now to oversee the summer transfers. Anyone coming in brand new will take time we don't have to assess the squad, get to know the set up, adjust to Scottish football, etc. and will want to bring his own coaches.

Naismith with support from Savage and the coaching staff is all set to go as soon as he is back from holiday.

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

its all wind and pish, this hearts board is going for the easy cheap option, all this so they dont get egg on their face when Naismith fails.

You’re ever so cheery. Do you have a preferred hard expensive option?

10 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

Yes. If you don't know who else in in the frame and you still want SN, then blindly applies.

Well we know one and I don’t we interviewed people from the bottom up. So not blindly at all really. 😊

ScandinavianJambo
2 hours ago, Sertse said:

The sun is just reporting it might be into the week before a descision is made..

I know, it is the Sun...but I'm kind of dying for any news! A wee statement from the board wouldn't go a miss....

On 02/06/2023 at 13:40, Tiger said:

This Hearts board was always only going one way, very disappointing but defiantly expected.