Suitable managers

Sertse

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Not once did I mention ‘next level’ and I don’t believe for a minute another manager would simply do well to finish 3rd.

The fact that Neilson hasn’t found a way of winning away games is the reality ffs Callum Davidson is doing better than Neilson in that respect. Our performances against the OF are terrible, forget the results they are better teams and should be beating us but bar one game we’ve barely laid a glove on them.

Ignore history? Really, so are you asking us to compare squads that weren’t being paid to this current lot? To a debt ridden club selling its best players for buttons each season to this current set up? 

You'll drive yourself demented trying to get through to him. He simply won't hear of it. All across various threads citing historical league placings and rhyming off Neilson's league finishes record. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

Mr Elwood P

Imagine the state of you lot if we weren't unbeaten against Hibs! Get behind the team. Neilson's not going anywhere (yet).

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Imagine the state of you lot if we weren't unbeaten against Hibs! Get behind the team. Neilson's not going anywhere (yet).

If we weren't unbeaten against them we wouldn't be 3rd and Neilson's arse might already be out the window.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If we weren't unbeaten against them we wouldn't be 3rd and Neilson's arse might already be out the window.

The Hearts board don't make decisions based on short term performance. Neilson's tenure will always be read as a whole. It will take a lot to outweigh the cup finals, Uefa group stages and solid league finishes. Our fans are quite spoilt.

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Not once did I mention ‘next level’ and I don’t believe for a minute another manager would simply do well to finish 3rd.

The fact that Neilson hasn’t found a way of winning away games is the reality ffs Callum Davidson is doing better than Neilson in that respect. Our performances against the OF are terrible, forget the results they are better teams and should be beating us but bar one game we’ve barely laid a glove on them.

Ignore history? Really, so are you asking us to compare squads that weren’t being paid to this current lot? To a debt ridden club selling its best players for buttons each season to this current set up? 

Callum Davidson is also doing better at winning major trophies, as well as a win against Rangers this season.  Not suggesting him before anyone pishes their pants, the football would likely be even more turgid.  But like Martindale, he’s another that does brilliantly on a tiny budget. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The Hearts board don't make decisions based on short term performance. Neilson's tenure will always be read as a whole. It will take a lot to outweigh the cup finals, Uefa group stages and solid league finishes. Our fans are quite spoilt.

UEFA group stages?  Quite an achievement that was, qualifying for it by losing a tie then getting ridden sans lube once we got there!

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

UEFA group stages?  Quite an achievement that was, qualifying for it by losing a tie then getting ridden sans lube once we got there!

This is the kind of stupidity that makes it a waste of time posting on here. 

Luckies1874
37 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Absolutely none of that makes any of it acceptable and much of it simply doesn’t apply to this current version of Hearts.

We are in the strongest position financially we’ve ever been in, we have a structure to support what should be a strong enough squad to see of the challenge of Aberdeen and Hibs given their form this season with relative ease. We had no chance in Europe but we persisted in messing about with the team in the league, lost and then lost in Europe anyway which put us on the back foot from the start, when the reality was European results meant little in the bigger picture of getting it again next season and building a stronger squad to compete.

To compare previous seasons and historical stats to the current set up is like comparing apples and bananas.

Theres no excuse for our away form it’s embarrassing, and just because we’ve always been crap away from home simply doesn’t cut it now. Our performances against Rangers in particular are almost as embarrassing as our away record and the basic errors made against Celtic suggest neither the coaching staff, manager or players are prepared to learn, develop or change.

When you look at the club, it’s facilities, income, fan base as a cut above everything outside the old firm Neilson simply isn’t delivering the performances to match. Yes we’re hanging onto 3rd for now and undoubtedly he’ll see out the season but I think we need a change in the summer as there doesn’t seem to be much improvement, which is what we require year on year.

Outstanding post. :clap:

Get these apologists, charlatans and historians in the ****ing bin. 

Luckies1874
16 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This is true. 

If he loses on the 15th some graffiti will be the least of their worries. He’ll be persona non grata for the Ross County game. 

Mr Elwood P
40 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Absolutely none of that makes any of it acceptable and much of it simply doesn’t apply to this current version of Hearts.

We are in the strongest position financially we’ve ever been in, we have a structure to support what should be a strong enough squad to see of the challenge of Aberdeen and Hibs given their form this season with relative ease. We had no chance in Europe but we persisted in messing about with the team in the league, lost and then lost in Europe anyway which put us on the back foot from the start, when the reality was European results meant little in the bigger picture of getting it again next season and building a stronger squad to compete.

To compare previous seasons and historical stats to the current set up is like comparing apples and bananas.

Theres no excuse for our away form it’s embarrassing, and just because we’ve always been crap away from home simply doesn’t cut it now. Our performances against Rangers in particular are almost as embarrassing as our away record and the basic errors made against Celtic suggest neither the coaching staff, manager or players are prepared to learn, develop or change.

When you look at the club, it’s facilities, income, fan base as a cut above everything outside the old firm Neilson simply isn’t delivering the performances to match. Yes we’re hanging onto 3rd for now and undoubtedly he’ll see out the season but I think we need a change in the summer as there doesn’t seem to be much improvement, which is what we require year on year.

What's the current wage bill compared to Aberdeen and Hibs? Our UEFA games brought in less than half the money Aberdeen got in transfer fees. I think folk are imagining some kind of huge gulf that doesn't actually exist.

Fozzyonthefence
21 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

This is the kind of stupidity that makes it a waste of time posting on here. 

Listing the UEFA group stages as some kind of achievement when we didn’t win a game to get there and the only reason we did was down to Rangers performances is the kind of stupidity that makes me glad when you post less.  

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Listing the UEFA group stages as some kind of achievement when we didn’t win a game to get there and the only reason we did was down to Rangers performances is the kind of stupidity that makes me glad when you post less.  

Interested to know how we finished 3rd last season without winning a game?

Naisys Tackle
6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Interested to know how we finished 3rd last season without winning a game?

We got lucky that we finished 3rd for the 1st time in years and that coincided with the co-efficient rising because of other teams.  We got in the Conference League on the back of that.  Let's not try and kid on it was some kind of great achievement and we got there through our own merit European result wise.  Leveins was and so was Aberdeens.  We where in the right place at the right time. 

Finlay James
40 minutes ago, Balders said:

Billy Reid available and might fancy a chance of being his own boss again.

Great shout

Naisys Tackle
45 minutes ago, Balders said:

Billy Reid available and might fancy a chance of being his own boss again.

Potters been offered the Leicester job and will have a pick of clubs come the summer.  Reid would be crazy not to assist him but would be a great shout if it wasn't about the money. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Next level has been mentioned over and over on here.

You can believe what you want but everything points to us finishing 3rd as doing well and the amount of managers that have failed to do it in the past 25 years outweighs those that have.

You can believe what you want, I'll use the facts to form my opinion. 

Our squads in the past have been a mix of poor ones and better ones.

We got European football once after promotion and folk think we've somehow became a financial giant of Scottish football !

It's fantasy,  but as I said folk ignore the reality as it's boring.

Being in a fight for 3rd place is where we are at, and in the last ten years only Bob has achieved this.

If we sack him for not skooshing 3rd place then we'll likely be sacking the next man for the same or worse.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What's the current wage bill compared to Aberdeen and Hibs? Our UEFA games brought in less than half the money Aberdeen got in transfer fees. I think folk are imagining some kind of huge gulf that doesn't actually exist.

They really are.

Bazzas right boot

Davidson,  Martindale,  McInnes, Cantona, Naismith,  Reid...

Next level indeed.

Cannae wait.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Davidson,  Martindale,  McInnes, Cantona, Naismith,  Reid...

Next level indeed.

Cannae wait.

McInness is a more successful and better manager than Robbie in every department.  We have had this chat before. 

16 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

McInness is a more successful and better manager than Robbie in every department.  We have had this chat before. 

Is he?

They now have a 50.50 head to head with McIness winning an LC on penalties at a time when both Hearts and Rangers were beyond basket cases.

He does have a decent record v. Rangers notably however when they were all over the shop.

Edit - I'd marginally go for McIness over Neilson just now but I'm on a downer after M'well; Aberdeen and Kilmarnock performances.

Edited by DETTY29

Naisys Tackle
11 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Is he?

They now have a 50.50 head to head with McIness winning an LC on penalties at a time when both Hearts and Rangers were beyond basket cases.

He does have a decent record v. Rangers notably however when they were all over the shop.

Edit - I'd marginally go for McIness over Neilson just now but I'm on a downer after M'well; Aberdeen and Kilmarnock performances.

They do?

Tell me when Robbies won a cup or finished second in the league with or without Rangers?

He finished 2nd ahead or Rangers twice btw.  And 2nd the season Robbie had us 3rd.  

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We got lucky that we finished 3rd for the 1st time in years and that coincided with the co-efficient rising because of other teams.  We got in the Conference League on the back of that.  Let's not try and kid on it was some kind of great achievement and we got there through our own merit European result wise.  Leveins was and so was Aberdeens.  We where in the right place at the right time. 

Utterly clueless. Finishing 3rd is always a great achievement for Hearts. It is even more so when we have just been promoted from the Championship. The fantasy of our supreme financial position will be debunked soon enough...

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Utterly clueless. Finishing 3rd is always a great achievement for Hearts. It is even more so when we have just been promoted from the Championship. The fantasy of our supreme financial position will be debunked soon enough...

Why do you have to be so disrespectful. 

Why is it a great achievement?    Hibs and Aberdeen both sacked managers last season because there were so shit, Aberdeen again this year.  Was a good achievement with a settled team.   You are making out we came up from the Championship with a group of shite players.  We had a team of players that most teams could never afford and the best goalkeeper in the country.  It's hardly the same as a Dundee coming up. 

9 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

They do?

Tell me when Robbies won a cup or finished second in the league with or without Rangers?

He finished 2nd ahead or Rangers twice btw.  And 2nd the season Robbie had us 3rd.  

McInnes had a 3 year Premiership start on Neilson when at Aberdeen with no doubt a far bigger budget.

Outside of sheer effing stupidity from Stephen Kingsley and his penalty run up we would have gone on to defeat Celtic imo.

Edited by DETTY29

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

McInnes had a 3 year Premiership start on Neilson when at Aberdeen with no doubt a far bigger budget.

Outside of sheer effing stupidity from Stephen Kingsley and his penalty run up we would have gone on to defeat Celtic imo.

Theres always an excuse.  He came ahead of Rangers to come second twice, they have a much bigger budget than Aberdeen.    Robbies came nowhere close to coming second, apart from the time he left us in second, a point ahead of Aberdeen who had two games in hand. 

All ifs and buts.  If Kingsley scores it changes everything, he didn't we lost and nobody remembers the losers apart from supporters of the losing team. 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Theres always an excuse.  He came ahead of Rangers to come second twice, they have a much bigger budget than Aberdeen.    Robbies came nowhere close to coming second, apart from the time he left us in second, a point ahead of Aberdeen who had two games in hand. 

All ifs and buts.  If Kingsley scores it changes everything, he didn't we lost and nobody remembers the losers apart from supporters of the losing team. 

I've said I'd marginally have McInnes ahead of Neilson.

Anyone wanting McInnes and succeeding will more than likely be calling for his head soon enough.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I've said I'd marginally have McInnes ahead of Neilson.

Anyone wanting McInnes and succeeding will more than likely be calling for his head soon enough.

I know you have mate, you did say their success rates around 50/50 though which is untrue for me.

I want McInness nowhere near the club also tbh. 

Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Why do you have to be so disrespectful. 

Why is it a great achievement?    Hibs and Aberdeen both sacked managers last season because there were so shit, Aberdeen again this year.  Was a good achievement with a settled team.   You are making out we came up from the Championship with a group of shite players.  We had a team of players that most teams could never afford and the best goalkeeper in the country.  It's hardly the same as a Dundee coming up. 

Respect is earned. You've said McInnes is a better manager than Neilson and 3rd place, post promotion, guaranteeing UEFA group stages wasn't an achievement !

Naisys Tackle
9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Respect is earned. You've said McInnes is a better manager than Neilson and 3rd place, post promotion, guaranteeing UEFA group stages wasn't an achievement !

Yes, he's finished second three times :lol: won a cup :lol: a much greater achievement than finishing third.  

We had Conference Group stages because we lost our only tie and got there on the back or Rangers doing well.    Nothing to do with actually achieving it ourselves through actually winning a tie or two in Europe, something McInness has managed to do numerous times too - even against side better than part-time Maltese shite. 

Respect does have to be earned.  But being disrespectful says a lot more about you than I, especially when you have backed the wrong horse in this debate. 

Over to you.  Tell me something Robbie Neilson as a manager has done to show he's a better manager than McInness.  Balls back in your court big boy xx

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yes, he's finished second three times :lol: won a cup :lol: a much greater achievement than finishing third.  

We had Conference Group stages because we lost our only tie and got there on the back or Rangers doing well.    Nothing to do with actually achieving it ourselves through actually winning a tie or two in Europe, something McInness has managed to do numerous times too - even against side better than part-time Maltese shite. 

Respect does have to be earned.  But being disrespectful says a lot more about you than I, especially when you have backed the wrong horse in this debate. 

Over to you.  Tell me something Robbie Neilson as a manager has done to show he's a better manager than McInness.  Balls back in your court big boy xx

Won a league with Rangers & Hibs in it!

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Won a league with Rangers & Hibs in it!

The Championship? That was a decent achievement but....

What about finishing second in the actual top league in Scottish football with Hearts Hibs and Rangers in it?  Twice?  Winning a cup?  Winning ties in Europe? 

I'm still clueless though?  Sound pal ;) 

10 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Good post 👍

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

The Championship? That was a decent achievement but....

What about finishing second in the actual top league in Scottish football with Hearts Hibs and Rangers in it?  Twice?  Winning a cup?  Winning ties in Europe? 

I'm still clueless though?  Sound pal ;) 

Context is key! If Neilson hadn't been chased the first time he could have achieved a lot more with Hearts. 

If Derek McInnes is all that why is he currently at Kilmarnock?

Naisys Tackle
14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Context is key! If Neilson hadn't been chased the first time he could have achieved a lot more with Hearts. 

If Derek McInnes is all that why is he currently at Kilmarnock?

He could have.  But he decided to walk for something better.  He wasn't chased.  He was thick skinned enough to stay after the Broara embarrassment because it suited him. 

He was emptied at Aberdeen after 1 poor season and went to work closer to home.  Took them up right away and done a solid job.  He isn't all that either,  he's a more successful and better manager than Neilson though.

I should add that when the Hearts job was available he was bettering us every season at Aberdeen.  I don't think there would have been a chance he would have taken the job having turned down Rangers and Sunderland.  Unlike Robbie who was jobless after being sacked in League 1 and was in his second season in the Championship with Dundee Utd. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He could have.  But he decided to walk for something better.  He wasn't chased.  He was thick skinned enough to stay after the Broara embarrassment because it suited him. 

He was emptied at Aberdeen after 1 poor season and went to work closer to home.  Took them up right away and done a solid job.  He isn't all that either,  he's a more successful and better manager than Neilson though.

McInnes: 'took them up straight away. Solid job' 

Neilson: 'lucky'

Folk need to realise our next gaffer is far more likely to take us back, in terms of league positions, rather than forward. Be careful what you wish for (again)!

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

McInnes: 'took them up straight away. Solid job' 

Neilson: 'lucky'

Folk need to realise our next gaffer is far more likely to take us back, in terms of league positions, rather than forward. Be careful what you wish for (again)!

Neilson failed to take Dundee Utd up straight away.

I never once said he was lucky either.

No they aren't, like Robbie our next manager will be in the fortunate position of being manager of HMFC at the best time financially in our history.   

The Wrinkly Ninja

The revisionists out in force again this morning.

Finishing third last season was an achievement but we can lose the ‘after coming up from the championship’ strap line.

The same trolls troped out excuse after excuse as they supported the four year Craig Levein sleepwalk towards relegation.

We finished third last season after the club had to recover from the mess that they defended to the end while dishing out their wee insults to Hearts fans on here.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Neilson failed to take Dundee Utd up straight away.

I never once said he was lucky either.

No they aren't, like Robbie our next manager will be in the fortunate position of being manager of HMFC at the best time financially in our history.   

I would interpret, 'right place right time' = lucky ..

So you think 2nd is more realistic than 4th? Obviously my tag of 'clueless' was fully justified then. Have a look at the club accounts when they come out and compare them to Aberdeen and Hibs. Get back to me afterwards about out financial power!

The Old Tolbooth
4 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

The revisionists out in force again this morning.

Finishing third last season was an achievement but we can lose the ‘after coming up from the championship’ strap line.

The same trolls troped out excuse after excuse as they supported the four year Craig Levein sleepwalk towards relegation.

We finished third last season after the club had to recover from the mess that they defended to the end while dishing out their wee insults to Hearts fans on here.

Agree with this, and feel we're heading for a similar type of "Levein style" rut, I just wonder how long the club let it go this time. 

Naisys Tackle

I would interpret, 'right place right time' = lucky ..

So you think 2nd is more realistic than 4th? Obviously my tag of 'clueless' was fully justified then. Have a look at the club accounts when they come out and compare them to Aberdeen and Hibs. Get back to me afterwards about out financial power!

He was in the right place to get the job ahead of another manager that was doing even better, you tried to downplay by saying why is he at Killie. 

No, I feel we will be completely comfortable in 3rd and ahead of the others by a considerable distance winning a few games against bigger clubs too. 

Stop putting words in my mouth.   You are the one trying to move the goalposts because every post you have made re McIness has made you seem clueless matey.

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He was in the right place to get the job ahead of another manager that was doing even better, you tried to downplay by saying why is he at Killie. 

No, I feel we will be completely comfortable in 3rd and ahead of the others by a considerable distance winning a few games against bigger clubs too. 

Stop putting words in my mouth.   You are the one trying to move the goalposts because every post you have made re McIness has made you seem clueless matey.

So you want to sack Neilson to be 'Completely comfortable in 3rd' ?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

McInnes takes us nowhere.

At a very difficult stage in our development here to get the right manager.

On the face of it Muscat seems the best possibly attainable option.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

So you want to sack Neilson to be 'Completely comfortable in 3rd' ?

In the sack Robbie poll I voted not sure so you have just jumped the gun and assumed again. 

Care to explain again in what way McInness isn't a more successful than Robbie before we end this brief chat as you did call me clueless then added Hearts finishing 3rd is a "great achievement"  ignoring three, yes three 2nd place finishes. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

McInnes takes us nowhere.

At a very difficult stage in our development here to get the right manager.

On the face of it Muscat seems the best possibly attainable option.

Agree.  Want him nowhere near Hearts.  Still a better and more successful one than our current manager though.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

In the sack Robbie poll I voted not sure so you have just jumped the gun and assumed again. 

Care to explain again in what way McInness isn't a more successful than Robbie before we end this brief chat as you did call me clueless then added Hearts finishing 3rd is a "great achievement"  ignoring three, yes three 2nd place finishes. 

I already explained 'context is key' . The same applies to the financial situation. You're just shouting about finishing places, without context.

Naisys Tackle

I already explained 'context is key' . The same applies to the financial situation. You're just shouting about finishing places, without context.

So you have nothing to suggest either or then.  Fair enough.  

We both support Hearts and I don't mind you as a poster.  Try not to be insulting next time though, does nothing for you and you just morph into the others that throw insults at people they don't agree with :) 

Don't care who we get in next as manager, i hate him already.

Time to climb aboard the hatetrain 😃