Suitable managers

Sertse

SomethingAboutObua
10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Still got more managerial experience than Barry Robson had.  Working out pretty well for him and Aberdeen so far isn’t it?  

If we look at an interim manager (personally I think Robbie is here until the end of the season, unless perhaps he loses the next 2 or 3 matches) then surely it will be from within the club at this stage of the season. 

If we needed an interim manager if we were say 6th it makes sense, but how could he be trusted to get us 3rd. I'd be interested in us exploring changing manager this summer even if we get 3rd, but I don't think any change right now is going to make as a big an impact as people hope, unless we get Mourinho or someone ridiculous in.  

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think we need to be wary about foreign appointments. Scottish players are woefully unprofessional, guys like Delia and the Italian former Juve coach Killie had have been chased out before for trying to implement professional standards around areas like diet. 

I know its an absolutely ludicrous point to make, but if we go for someone likely to implement high standards there is a realistic chance of push back and the players attempting to turf them out, if that happens then there is a likelihood of reverting to mid table. 

FWIW if Scottish players could be trusted to be professional, I think he'd be a brilliant appointment, but the issue is they can't. 

Paulo knows. 

1 minute ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

If we needed an interim manager if we were say 6th it makes sense, but how could he be trusted to get us 3rd. I'd be interested in us exploring changing manager this summer even if we get 3rd, but I don't think any change right now is going to make as a big an impact as people hope, unless we get Mourinho or someone ridiculous in.  

JJ not as old as Roy Hodgson. 

Batistuta87
20 minutes ago, Trigger said:

More pertinently, he’s never given up his season ticket for Ibrox. 

So 🤷🏻

He's more professional than you obviously give him credit for. Livi don't exactly lie down to them do they. Andy Halliday probably hasn't either but he still puts the work in when he's wearing a Hearts top. 

He's probably kept it going because it'll be a wating list job if he ever wants to get one again, I.e. when he gives up management or goes to a team where it would be a bit more acceptable for him to turn up to Ibrox as a punter. If I got a job that meant I couldn't make Hearts games I'd keep my ST going so it's there for when I can get back and I don't need to join a waiting list. 

Edited by Batistuta87

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Whoever gets the job has a massive task on their hands to get rid of the crap players  we have at the moment.

A few are at the end of their contracts  and if we are seriously going to replace Neilson then we need to do so before he renews some of these contracts.

Smith and Snodgrass & Haring spring to mind. I can't imagine him keeping McKay - Steven but yoiu never know.

We need players with pace and fight in our team instead of the lame ducks we have just know.

Gone are trhe days when we used to be called a BIG PHYSICALTEAM.

People have been telling us on here for much of this season that we've got a great squad. Best since 06 apparently.

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Whoever gets the job has a massive task on their hands to get rid of the crap players  we have at the moment.

A few are at the end of their contracts  and if we are seriously going to replace Neilson then we need to do so before he renews some of these contracts.

Smith and Snodgrass & Haring spring to mind. I can't imagine him keeping McKay - Steven but yoiu never know.

We need players with pace and fight in our team instead of the lame ducks we have just know.

Gone are trhe days when we used to be called a BIG PHYSICALTEAM.

I don’t think there’s as much crap as you think. What I do think is they have chucked it and the lack of effort is making them look worse than they actually are. When you don’t sprint you look unfit and yards off the pace. 

Body language is everything. Shankland at the full time whistle, Kingsley after the second goal, Smith looks like it’s the relegation season all over again. I could go on but it is not good - it looks to me from the outside looking in as irreparable damage. 

AlphonseCapone
16 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

Mute point. We are stuck with this clown.  

Agreed, can't hear anything from that point. 

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's from West Calder which is closer to Edinburgh than it is to Glasgow 😂

To be fair, that's not a West Calder accent he is rocking! 

periodictabledancer
57 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Care to share.👍

It's been interesting watching his career yo yo.

Some coaches really have a limit to the level can can coach.

Higher the level, higher the players egos. Sometimes it's just striking lucky withe right squad, harmony and mindset. You try to advance and sign some new players, but they are wankers, disruptive,etc.

Overwhelmed by the challenge and didn't have the players onside.

41 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

So 🤷🏻

He's more professional than you obviously give him credit for. Livi don't exactly lie down to them do they. Andy Halliday probably hasn't either but he still puts the work in when he's wearing a Hearts top. 

He's probably kept it going because it'll be a wating list job if he ever wants to get one again, I.e. when he gives up management or goes to a team where it would be a bit more acceptable for him to turn up to Ibrox as a punter. If I got a job that meant I couldn't make Hearts games I'd keep my ST going so it's there for when I can get back and I don't need to join a waiting list. 

Alex Macdonald was still a season ticket holder at Ibrox while employed at Hearts

Brendan Rodgers available ☺ 

Seriously, it's hard to get a manager around our budget.   A manager that can take us a step further.   Just as hard getting a player with potential.   Ready made ones are too expensive.   

Best I can think of is Nigel Clough.  Since its just discussing that shouldn't be a problem.   I'm well in the dark with modern names.   

Scott Brown though 🤣 

Fozzyonthefence
51 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

I don’t there’s many left who trust Robbie to get 3rd.  What’s the bigger gamble - keeping him or getting rid?

Hardly need a Mourinho in to get 3rd in this league - even Barry Robson would do it for a fraction of the budget. 

VagabondJambo

Two excellent managers going head-to-head at Wembley at 3pm (on Sky Football)

Ian Evatt (Bolton) and Steven Schumacher (Plymouth Argyle).

Which one fancies managing us in Europe next season? 🤔

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Agreed, can't hear anything from that point. 

To be fair, that's not a West Calder accent he is rocking! 

I'm from nearby, quite a common tone round here, being so close to North/South Lanarkshire. Think he was born in Glasgow to be fair but he's always lived though this way. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Neilson isn't going anywhere.

However in the spirit of the thread I wouldn't mind a wee phone call to Gerrard.

Or similar.

A face that's done it and has a clue.

I'm told he was very impressed with the set up at Hearts the fan ownership and the leadership at the club.

8 hours ago, VagabondJambo said:

I’ve posted most of these before:

Steven Schumacher

Julien Stephan

Gian Piero Gasperini

Neil Critchley

Ryan Lowe

Liam Manning

Nathan Jones

Alex Neil

Luke Williams

Kevin Muscat

Kjetil Knutsen

For an immediate (like today) replacement, I liked what FootballFirst said about Frankie McAvoy.  Of course, that would likely put Naismith’s nose out of joint.

We cannot afford to lose £3 million Euro money by delaying any longer.

Gasperini?! What planet are you on. 

2 hours ago, Carter said:

People have been telling us on here for much of this season that we've got a great squad. Best since 06 apparently.

Well I for one don't agree with that theory. How about you?

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I don’t think there’s as much crap as you think. What I do think is they have chucked it and the lack of effort is making them look worse than they actually are. When you don’t sprint you look unfit and yards off the pace. 

Body language is everything. Shankland at the full time whistle, Kingsley after the second goal, Smith looks like it’s the relegation season all over again. I could go on but it is not good - it looks to me from the outside looking in as irreparable damage. 

Our new signings have been underwhelming to say the least.

Atkinson, Grant, Kio all look average at best.

Snodgrass looked decent until he was sussed out by the other clubs and it maybe doesn't help where he is being played but he looks finished to me.

Devlin runs about a lot and tries hard but I am sure we could do better.

Haring is finished with us now as is Mackay-Steven.

Smith's legs have gone, just like Halliday he tries his best but we need better.

We signed Kuol on loan, why? the lad hardly ever gets a game.

Humphrys looked a prosepct but then he gets injured ever other game so would he be worth keeping?

We have missed Beni and Halkett and to an extent Boyce so we have those to look forward to coming back but the above is hardly inspiring.

Maybe they have just chucked in the towel in which case the DOF should know and be doing something about it.

RustyRightPeg
27 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Our new signings have been underwhelming to say the least.

Atkinson, Grant, Kio all look average at best.

Snodgrass looked decent until he was sussed out by the other clubs and it maybe doesn't help where he is being played but he looks finished to me.

Devlin runs about a lot and tries hard but I am sure we could do better.

Haring is finished with us now as is Mackay-Steven.

Smith's legs have gone, just like Halliday he tries his best but we need better.

We signed Kuol on loan, why? the lad hardly ever gets a game.

Humphrys looked a prosepct but then he gets injured ever other game so would he be worth keeping?

We have missed Beni and Halkett and to an extent Boyce so we have those to look forward to coming back but the above is hardly inspiring.

Maybe they have just chucked in the towel in which case the DOF should know and be doing something about it.

We aren’t the only football club that this has ever happened at. I guarantee you a different manager would get a tune out these players. 

Our next managerial appointment HAS to be the biggest in our history, it’s our 150th year next year and I cannot ever believe we would make it a half arsed effort.

Push the boat out, all in for 2 seasons, do something special.

kingantti1874
9 hours ago, VagabondJambo said:

I’ve posted most of these before:

Steven Schumacher

Julien Stephan

Gian Piero Gasperini

Neil Critchley

Ryan Lowe

Liam Manning

Nathan Jones

Alex Neil

Luke Williams

Kevin Muscat

Kjetil Knutsen

For an immediate (like today) replacement, I liked what FootballFirst said about Frankie McAvoy.  Of course, that would likely put Naismith’s nose out of joint.

We cannot afford to lose £3 million Euro money by delaying any longer.

Quite a few of them miles out of range. 

Tommy Brown
6 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's from West Calder which is closer to Edinburgh than it is to Glasgow 😂

Don't know if mixed up with playing for West Calder or not.

He is defo Craigshill bred after moving from Glasgow

Gorgierools
27 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Has anyone mentioned Eva Olid yet?

Yep but only during my own private moments

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Well I for one don't agree with that theory. How about you?

Not in the slightest. Our much lauded recruitment has been extremely poor in my view. Our midfield is very poor beyond a guy who's been out for 13 months. Kio is so limited its scarcely believable. Grant the same. 

I genuinely think Neilson has ran out of ideas. 

22 minutes ago, Carter said:

Not in the slightest. Our much lauded recruitment has been extremely poor in my view. Our midfield is very poor beyond a guy who's been out for 13 months. Kio is so limited its scarcely believable. Grant the same. 

I genuinely think Neilson has ran out of ideas. 

Someone could perhaps clarify what happened with the recruitment over the summer but it was telling that the guy in charge left around the end of the summer transfer window.  Did he jump before he was pushed?

47 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Someone could perhaps clarify what happened with the recruitment over the summer but it was telling that the guy in charge left around the end of the summer transfer window.  Did he jump before he was pushed?

Not sure. Savage definitely doesn't escape culpability imo. 

Given some of the names people think hearts can attract I am starting to see why they want rid of Neilson haha living in land of flying unicorns

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Potter is available…..

Damn. That must mean Nagelsmann must be joining Chelsea. Another potential oot! 

6 hours ago, Carter said:

I think that’s the whole point though, surely. We do have a good squad. By far the third best squad in Scotland. But Neilson isn’t getting the best out of them just now.

Neilson lol pathetic loser at the helm if we make top six I'd be amazed we will lose every game till he is Sacked at least Chelsea seen the light we are the walking dead with this loser at the helm

Conte, Viera, Ramjet Rogers or Potter.

Autograph hunters will have a great day when the interviews begin.

BackOfTheNet

Genuine question here: Even IF we finish 3rd, is anyone genuinely confident that next season we will play any better in Europe or have the team performing any better in the league (not position wise, but more points and more convincing victories) if Neilson stays? Anyone?

32 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I think that’s the whole point though, surely. We do have a good squad. By far the third best squad in Scotland. But Neilson isn’t getting the best out of them just now.

Not sure. I'm not sure we've got a decent midfielder at the club. Beni looked the business but his extended absence surely casts doubt. Major issues at CB and RB. 

What we've got should be capable of getting third place. 

LochcarronJambo
12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Genuine question here: Even IF we finish 3rd, is anyone genuinely confident that next season we will play any better in Europe or have the team performing any better in the league (not position wise, but more points and more convincing victories) if Neilson stays? Anyone?

No

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As Is Billy Reid 😆

What’s Billy Davis up to these days?

18 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Good point. The focus of many is purely the money involved to hopefully  help us secure 3rd again

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Good point. The focus of many is purely the money involved to hopefully  help us secure 3rd again

They keep saying that continuous 3rd place finishes and European group stages will help us improve to the next level. But will it? Under Neilson? He just doesn’t have it in him. For me, as soon as we can convince someone with a bit of tactical nous and ability to join as manager he should be off.

But he won’t. Even if we finish 5th he won’t.