Suitable managers

Sertse

Barney bulge

Anyone know if there is any chance of him getting the boot ? 
I’d  take cathro and korobochka back 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

1 minute ago, middie101 said:

Think lampard could be a shout. He needs to reset and rebuild his management career. Doesnt need the money. And players would come on loan or transfer just to work with him. 

But if no, Sure theres loads that would love to come to us. We need to be looking at markets like Asia etc as celtic have to try and move on.

Robbie was/is a safe pair of hands. But hes done his job. Time for him to move onto a Hamilton or an Inverness and get them promoted.

And thank you robbie for what youve done!!

Lampard  ffs   be serious

2 hours ago, Tynecastle Valhalla said:

I know this doesn’t answer your question but neilson won’t be sacked 

he’s just signed a 3 year lucrative deal. It would cost the club a fortune.

Keeping him.could cost us more

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

Maybe we could do something no other club would ever have the bollocks to do.

Our ladies first team coach is doing a ****ing tremendous job.

And better looking

2 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

And better looking

To be fair, she is better looking than 99.99% of people on the planet.

Lampard was shite at epl, did well in the championship. Gerrard did well up here and made a twat of it in the epl.

I think hes worth asking. As i said hes no needing the money, it would be all about rebuilding his management career. 

Just an example of what i think we should be aiming for. Fed up with the next easy choice for the manager. Lets have a crack at trying to get a decent name in, shouldnt we be looking to push the limit of what we can have. Lampard was just an example of this. 

21 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Lampard  ffs   be serious

Sherbet im just trying to put something forward! Maybe ive overshot it with lampard. But just want us looking at something progressive. Taking a risk instead of safe. Think we are at a big junction here and an important decision needs made. We HAVE to finish 3rd this year. Its the last year gaurenteed into the group stages i believe. Sheep or hobos finishing ahead of us and getting all the extra pennies is a big deal!

SomethingAboutObua

Blowing my mind anyone would suggest Naismith, he's got the B team mid table in the Lowland League but because he used to get the team to stop celebrating after goals he must be a good manager eh?

GorgieFifeLife
4 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

The football today on display from Kilmarnock was eye bleeding.

Working with the tools he has and still they played better football than us.  He also outthought Neilson which I suppose isn’t hard.

KyleLafferty

The only decent suggestion on this thread is Kevin Muscat. That rest are heads in the clouds or absolutely clueless.

GorgieFifeLife

Roy Keane

Patrick Viera

Scott Brown

Owen Coyle

Michael Appleton

Marco Bielsa

Steven Gerrard

Steven Naismith

14 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Roy Keane

Patrick Viera

Scott Brown

Owen Coyle

Michael Appleton

Marco Bielsa

Steven Gerrard

Steven Naismith

I could talk about some of the other names on the list but the OP asked who we think would be a good fit? Scott Brown!

26 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Roy Keane

Patrick Viera

Scott Brown

Owen Coyle

Michael Appleton

Marco Bielsa

Steven Gerrard

Steven Naismith

Scott Brown

:cornette:

7 hours ago, Section Q said:

McInness is a very good manager who would thrive at Hearts.......

If not, we should ask Postecoglou if he has any mates interested a relocation to the balmy weather of Scotland....

He would have the defence sound , the midfield would battle for everything and he would have the wide men get to the byline and provide for Shanks.We would most probably be big bad physical Hearts again but who gives a ****

We are in pole position for European group stages, let's push the boat out a little more than the usual pish names. 

VagabondJambo

I’ve posted most of these before:

Steven Schumacher

Julien Stephan

Gian Piero Gasperini

Neil Critchley

Ryan Lowe

Liam Manning

Nathan Jones

Alex Neil

Luke Williams

Kevin Muscat

Kjetil Knutsen

For an immediate (like today) replacement, I liked what FootballFirst said about Frankie McAvoy.  Of course, that would likely put Naismith’s nose out of joint.

We cannot afford to lose £3 million Euro money by delaying any longer.

Gorgierools
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

The only decent suggestion on this thread is Kevin Muscat. That rest are heads in the clouds or absolutely clueless.

From Wikipedia, His playing style was brutal defence with little regard for accumulating yellow cards or avoiding injury to opponents, a reputation that was so strong that while at Rangers he was never picked for an Old Firm derby due to the perceived risk that his explosive temper causing a major incident or costing Rangers the match by being sent off.

Gets my vote. Exactly what we need at the moment.

Frank Sidebottom
6 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Blowing my mind anyone would suggest Naismith, he's got the B team mid table in the Lowland League but because he used to get the team to stop celebrating after goals he must be a good manager eh?

How do you know that getting the B team mid table in the Lowland League isn’t doing well with the resources available to him? 

Frank Sidebottom
22 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

Steven Schumacher

Julien Stephan

Gian Piero Gasperini

Neil Critchley

Ryan Lowe

Liam Manning

Nathan Jones

Alex Neil

Luke Williams

Kevin Muscat

Kjetil Knutsen

For an immediate (like today) replacement, I liked what FootballFirst said about Frankie McAvoy.  Of course, that would likely put Naismith’s nose out of joint.

Some of these are total fantasy and well out of our financial reach. 

Gasparini has currently got Atalanta 5th in Serie A level on points with Milan FFS! 

40 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

Steven Schumacher

Julien Stephan

Gian Piero Gasperini

Neil Critchley

Ryan Lowe

Liam Manning

Nathan Jones

Alex Neil

Luke Williams

Kevin Muscat

Kjetil Knutsen

I think Naismith would look for decent assurances that if he gets us (to remain remember, not improve to) 3rd he'll have a very decent chance of the managers job on a 3 year deal.

He also is a huge, OK big character in Scottish football, there is no way there wouldn't be a big media campaign for him to be given so.

Any interim manager needs to be told it only gives you a chance of the job from the pack.  

If McAvoy's ambitions are DoF, SD roles then yes, I think I'd rather him than Naismith till the end of season. 

Here is his PNE stats but significantly skewed with new managers bounce.

Screenshot_20230401_164812_Chrome.jpg

Edited by DETTY29

VagabondJambo
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I think Naismith would look for decent assurances that if gets us (to remain remember, not improve to) 3rd he'll have a very decent chance of the managers job on a 3 year deal.

He also is a huge, OK big character in Scottish football, there is no way there wouldn't be a big media campaign for him to given so.

Any interim manager needs to be told it only gives you a chance of the job from the pack.  

If McAvoy's ambitions are DoF, SD roles then yes, I think I'd rather him than Naismith till the end of season. 

Here is his PNE stats but significantly skewed with new mangers bounce.

Screenshot_20230401_164812_Chrome.jpg

Fair comments. 👍

Thunder and Lightning
9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Scott Brown …………. I better not say any thing because it is boring in cyber jail

I thought I had misread that name. No chance. He hast us and we hate him. 

Prick of a man. 

Also, anyone even suggesting that needs their hard drive checked. 

3 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I thought I had misread that name. No chance. He hast us and we hate him. 

Prick of a man. 

Also, anyone even suggesting that needs their hard drive checked. 

As I said I would rather stay out of cyber jail

Thunder and Lightning
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

As I said I would rather stay out of cyber jail

The mods are fair. Post facts and you'll be OK. Or just add allegedly 😂 

11 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Longer term if we approached Robinson now he would jump ship imo

Like Goodwin jumped ship to Aberdeen from St Mirren ?

Round and round we go. 

As well as questioning the manager we should be asking why players seem to have thrown the towel in. 

The new manager bounce that often seems to happen shows that a lot of these players are cheats. 

Look at Aberdeen and Motherwell it's dodgy as **** they take a dislike to a boss and stop trying. 

I would hope the Hearts board try to get to the bottom of the players attitude or the same fate could befall the next manager. 

David McCaig

Not finishing 3rd would effectively be equivalent to a relegation in financial terms.

If we were in danger of going down and results had fallen off a cliff, would you wait to be relegated before making a change?

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Round and round we go. 

As well as questioning the manager we should be asking why players seem to have thrown the towel in. 

The new manager bounce that often seems to happen shows that a lot of these players are cheats. 

Look at Aberdeen and Motherwell it's dodgy as **** they take a dislike to a boss and stop trying. 

I would hope the Hearts board try to get to the bottom of the players attitude or the same fate could befall the next manager. 

Honestly I think it boils down to just now is the training and tactics.Slow ponderous nothing high tempo about us at all and if we are honest it hasn't been all season.

Thunder and Lightning

It's the lack of desire and fight that I find concerning. 

If there is an issue with the tactics or training senior players need to make the management aware. Of course whether they listen is another issue. 

Edited by Thunder and Lightning

10 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Give it to Google ChatGPT and I bet we’d be better off.

What if it looks like this?

robbie neilson morphed with pope francis, no poorly drawn face, photorealistic

11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Round and round we go. 

Why should the board get involved with players? That’s the managers job. You can’t sack the players and something has to give. That’s maybe unfair but it’s the reality. 

46 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

How do you know that getting the B team mid table in the Lowland League isn’t doing well with the resources available to him? 

I agree. I watched the young lads play away against Tranent in December and they were superb. 2 up at half time. Bearing in mind they’re 16/17/18 yrs old. Tranent started launching balls in the 2nd half and fed off knock downs. It wasn’t pretty and we eventually succumbed to a powerful ‘been around the block’ team 3-2 but some of our football was excellent.

5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Honestly I think it boils down to just now is the training and tactics.Slow ponderous nothing high tempo about us at all and if we are honest it hasn't been all season.

Six months ago we were all raving about Barry Mackay. 

Kye Rowles was going to earn us a fortune. 

Snodgrass was the midfield maestro. 

Cochrane and Kingsley were excellent. 

Lawrence Shankland was banging in the goals Josh Ginnelly was contributing as well. 

Cammy Devlin everybody's hero. 

Injuries have affected us but not enough to explain the drop off in form to this extent. 

17 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Not finishing 3rd would effectively be equivalent to a relegation in financial terms.

If we were in danger of going down and results had fallen off a cliff, would you wait to be relegated before making a change?

Not necessarily so. Finish fourth and win two qualifying rounds and the same if not more money rolls in from uefa. 

12 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

It's the lack of desire and fight that I find concerning. 

If there is an issue with the tactics or training senior players need to make the management aware. Of course whether they listen is another issue. 

It’s pretty clear that the issue is midfield. Kio just isn’t good enough, Snodgrass’s legs appear to have gone. That leaves us with Halliday, Devlin, Haring and Grant.  Devlin and Haring were out injured yesterday so just really Halliday and Grant who look fit.  I’d imagine yesterday might have been Kio’s last appearance for us. Snodgrass needs a rest.  We desperately need Beni back together with Devlins intensity in the middle. Is Haring ever going to get over the concussion issues? Wouldn’t surprise me to see Pollock getting game time soon if he is fit. We desperately need energy and pace in the middle. 

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why should the board get involved with players? That’s the managers job. You can’t sack the players and something has to give. That’s maybe unfair but it’s the reality. 

Of course you can ‘sack’ players.  You just tell them they won’t be playing again this season, and best if they look for another club. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Of course you can ‘sack’ players.  You just tell them they won’t be playing again this season, and best if they look for another club. 

Sure, what you say does happen if it’s the odd player upsetting the apple cart but in reality when the manager can’t get the best out of his players he gets sacked. That’s how it works in reality. 

RustyRightPeg
7 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

The B team are a bunch of 16/20 year olds playing against fully developed men, in a highly competitive league. I’d actually say he’s got them going better than they should be. 

Our average age compared to Rangers and Celtic’s B team is about 2 years younger. 

You’re clueless. 

ShortmanRossco

If we are just popping out names I'd like to see if we could try for Scott Parker. Didn't work out at Club Brugge but has the contacts and might be easier to convince someone to play up the road than overseas. Tries to play decent football too.

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Six months ago we were all raving about Barry Mackay. 

Kye Rowles was going to earn us a fortune. 

Snodgrass was the midfield maestro. 

Cochrane and Kingsley were excellent. 

Lawrence Shankland was banging in the goals Josh Ginnelly was contributing as well. 

Cammy Devlin everybody's hero. 

Injuries have affected us but not enough to explain the drop off in form to this extent. 

We definitely were not ‘all’ saying those things.  The hype on here was saying those things.  Fair to say that virtually every player you mentioned is going through a spell of the worst form they have had in their time at Hearts. So, there’s something going on or more likely just the way form ebbs and flows. Unfortunately it’s all happening at same time.  Most of the above were just shadows of their normal selves yesterday and at Pittodrie. Hopefully most of them recover their normal standards very soon. 

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s pretty clear that the issue is midfield. Kio just isn’t good enough, Snodgrass’s legs appear to have gone. That leaves us with Halliday, Devlin, Haring and Grant.  Devlin and Haring were out injured yesterday so just really Halliday and Grant who look fit.  I’d imagine yesterday might have been Kio’s last appearance for us. Snodgrass needs a rest.  We desperately need Beni back together with Devlins intensity in the middle. Is Haring ever going to get over the concussion issues? Wouldn’t surprise me to see Pollock getting game time soon if he is fit. We desperately need energy and pace in the middle. 

Nothing will change. 

The fact he changed to a 4 defensively and we lost will probably prompt him to change back to the back 5 again. 

10 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

David Martindale has done an outstanding job at Livi and speaks well about us; saying he's envious of the stadium and all that. He would at least have his heart in it. His "quiet word" with the Livi team at HT that someone recorded when they were playing shite is absolutely brilliant and exactly the sort of stuff I'd want my manager doing. Has a decent aye for a player on a budget, so I do wonder what he could do with some money although part of me thinks that these lower level markets are his thing, which wouldn't be good enough for Hearts. 

Would certainly prefer him to Neilson at this moment in time. Today has pushed me over the edge. 

Martindale has never spoken well. He's a nasally wee Weegie ned who I'd want nowhere near Hearts. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

We definitely were not ‘all’ saying those things.  The hype on here was saying those things.  Fair to say that virtually every player you mentioned is going through a spell of the worst form they have had in their time at Hearts. So, there’s something going on or more likely just the way form ebbs and flows. Unfortunately it’s all happening at same time.  Most of the above were just shadows of their normal selves yesterday and at Pittodrie. Hopefully most of them recover their normal standards very soon. 

No motivation to compete. As simple as that. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Sure, what you say does happen if it’s the odd player upsetting the apple cart but in reality when the manager can’t get the best out of his players he gets sacked. That’s how it works in reality. 

Yep, but not going to say that’s the right way to behave.  Arteta would have been fired a year ago if that logic was followed.  Klopp would have been fired before he won anything with Liverpool. They had a couple of season of mediocrity when he joined.  Players lose form, managers can’t just magic that form back. They give them a break and reintroduce them.  We can’t do that at the moment because we have so many out of form and no-one to bring in. Yesterday was a perfect example. The guys he left out to give them a break had to be brought on and failed again eg Cochrane and McKay. Humphrys made little impression. And there was nothing else on the bench.  I mean did anyone think Oda or Kuol were going to rescue the game?