Scottish Cup . Hearts v Celtic Saturday 11/3 12:15 ko - tickets on sale 22/2

Mr Sifter

Just now, jbee647 said:

20% of Ibrox would be 9000

I think it's 20% or as close to that as is practical withinn segregation arrangements. It's not a surgically calculated 20%. They'll get the Roseburn unfortunately ☹️

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Wee Mikey

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

Terrible draw can’t be dressed up any other way.

Even if we manage to beat Celtic, Rangers have a bye and the rest of the teams left are lower league or Killie so we now have to beat both Celtic and then Rangers at Hampden to win it.

Luck not on our side in a draw yet again

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Just now, Dazo said:

It’s in the rules we don’t have to cite anything. Only flaw in your point being hearts would be liable for the 12k tickets regardless of how many we sell. If we don’t take 12k fans we would be out of pocket. 

So what we are loaded, just leave them empty **** the manks off even more than having the audacity to cut their allocation

4 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

If they insist on the 20%
we need to request 12k next time we get a cup draw at parkhead, aye right

Surely Hearts dig there heels and say you are getting one section, and no more about it, citing our 15k season ticket holders and sell out home crowds 

It's in the rules and regs of the cup that away teams are entitled to be given 20% of capacity if they want it, which they will. We aren't going to breach the rules and get sanctioned.

Agreed we should insist on taking 20% for cup games at Parkhead and Ibrox though. 

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

It’s a pish draw no matter how folk dress it up. Aye, it’s better to play them at Tynie than Hampden but if we somehow manage to get passed them, Rangers will be waiting for us. We’ll now need to beat them both.

Yep, the ideal scenario is to avoid them both until the final like last year. Maybe if Rangers were already out there'd be some logic in wanting Celtic at this stage.

Playing them the midweek before as well. Shite draw.

Bazzas right boot

It's the best team, but at home.

We have a chance.

Also,  If we get emptied then one of the OF are definitely winning the cup so 3rd place gets us European group stage  football.

This draw Reduces our chances of a trip to Hampden but increases our chances ( if ever so slightly) of beating Celtic. 

A high chance of a cracking sf tie if we should beat them.

12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Well, if we want to win the cup, we need to beat the OF. I'd fancy our chances at Tynie over Darkheid or Hampden any day. Great opportunity for us to win this.

100%. I think it’s the best draw we could hope for. The best chance of beating Celtic is at Tynie - not at Parkhead or Hampden.

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Really?

I think we went through a spell of drawing them in the 4th round every other season. Mostly painfully the 0-7 in 2014. The following year as year it happened again, when any hope was ended by the early sending off of Gomis.

2 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Terrible draw can’t be dressed up any other way.

Even if we manage to beat Celtic, Rangers have a buy and the rest of the teams left are lower league or Killie so we now have to beat both Celtic and then Rangers at Hampden to win it.

Luck not on our side in a draw yet again

Get a grip. We put 3 past them with no defence last time. Hearts win.

Jean Louis Valois

I'm certainly not disheartened by the draw. It's a one off game at Tynecastle, We just really need to be up for it on the day. If we get past them it'll give our players massive confidence to pump the other lot at Hampden. Imagine we won the cup after beating them both on the way!

SectionDJambo

The best draw for us would have been Celtic and Rangers being drawn together and us to have a home tie against anyone else.

As it has turned out, it decreases the chance of some other team winning the cup and stealing the golden European ticket, should we finish 3rd.

It's just the luck of the draw, but imagine if we won the cup beating Hibs, Celtic and Rangers along the way. 

Most important thing is it being a home draw,  whilst I do believe we can beat anyone at Tynecastle in a one off cup game, there’s no denying that our performances against the ugliest over the years have generally been pretty woeful.   So not a good draw but we have a chance to progress. 

Edited by Gmcjambo

21 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

People will turn this pish on and think we’ve drawn Celtic, not realising it’s shitey women’s football 

Bit harsh on Robbie and the team! 

How will Hearts fairly allocate tickets considering we have season ticket holders in the Roseburn who are just entitled to a ticket as ones in the other stands 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Really?

Yeah.  When was the last time we played Celtic before the Final?  2014?   Before that was at Hampden too. 

2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

I think we went through a spell of drawing them in the 4th round every other season. Mostly painfully the 0-7 in 2014. The following year as year it happened again, when any hope was ended by the early sending off of Gomis.

Mind that he ripped Scott Browns Tights IIRC

Spirit of Andy Thorn et al required ...

I'm mightily hacked off with the draw however players and management have a great opportunity to step up and make themselves a bit of history...

Tic really ain't as superior as their status and billing are made...I dont think anyone has really got in their faces and for 90 mins...easily said, but I personally feel a few of their players wouldnt have the heart for a proper in your face session at a rocking Tynie...

Over to you players and management...

Just now, GBJambo said:

How will Hearts fairly allocate tickets considering we have season ticket holders in the Roseburn who are just entitled to a ticket as ones in the other stands 

Would imagine it'll be exactly the same as the Hibs game except ST holders will have to buy their seat.

1st phase will be ST holders buying their seat.

2nd phase will be Roseburn ST holders buying the remaining seats.

Then general sale if any are left.

Corstorphine Jambo

It’s not a draw you particularly want, but absolutely winnable. 
I’d start the ball boy training now - we play this game at our pace, not theirs.

On the bright side, for Europe, there's a good chance either scumbag team will win the Cup. Worth a fist pump, surely.

But I fancy we'll go through.

12 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

If they insist on the 20%
we need to request 12k next time we get a cup draw at parkhead, aye right

Surely Hearts dig there heels and say you are getting one section, and no more about it, citing our 15k season ticket holders and sell out home crowds 

Thats exactly what we'd be entitled to, although I think the home club are equally entitled to ask for payment for the allocation up front.

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Changing the scenery a bit.

Great draw for Darvel.

They could make the Semis:oohmatron:

They won't make the Quarters.

10 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We would maybe have to play them both at Hampden regardless. 

Probably but we'd have to play at least one of them so it doesn't bother me. We can beat them at Tynie. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Shanks said no said:

Lovely, town full of Irish for the rugby and the plastics come too. 

Wonder if the game will be on the Friday or Monday?  Def not the Sunday.

26 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Who the hell are Bufty Chiro

Biffy Clyro.

A band comprising 2 x Killie + 1 x The Rangers fans.

Should be called 'Bloody Giro'.

Edited by Wee Mikey

3 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Roseburn season tickets holders aren't ...

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah.  When was the last time we played Celtic before the Final?  2014?   Before that was at Hampden too. .

We played them in the 4th round in 2014 and 2015

Edited by Martin_T

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

SFA to move the game to Parkhead 'due to the rugby' 😂

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Now't wrong with Irish folk.

Shanks said no
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Viaplay will take it, 530 on Saturday if police allow

21 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

We've got them away in the league the Wednesday night before too!

Send out the B team on the Wednesday to absolutely kick the shit out of them then! 

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's the best team, but at home.

We have a chance.

Also,  If we get emptied then one of the OF are definitely winning the cup so 3rd place gets us European group stage  football.

This draw Reduces our chances of a trip to Hampden but increases our chances ( if ever so slightly) of beating Celtic. 

A high chance of a cracking sf tie if we should beat them.

Unless they meet in the semi - if Celtic get through then the runner up would get the Conference group stages ☹️ 

I fancy our chances of giving Celtic a game at Tynie over sevco though!

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup . Hearts v Celtic Saturday 11/3 12:15 ko - tickets on sale 22/2