Scottish Cup . Hearts v Celtic Saturday 11/3 12:15 ko - tickets on sale 22/2

Mr Sifter

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

If we are to win the cup then beating Celtic at Tynecastle is our best route to it. 

We have to make it so hostile and intimidating for them, it has to be the best atmosphere for years at Tynecastle that day! 

Rangers always seem to struggle at Hampden, took extra time in the final against us last year and took them extra time in the league cup semi a few weeks back against Aberdeen. 

Beat Celtic and we have one hand on it! 

We've never beaten any version of Rangers at Hampden in our history.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Wee Mikey

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

How the club handles the organisation of ticketing will have a big bearing on how our fans will approach the game.

Firstly, give the Ultras a big section somewhere, market it and create some buzz around it. 

There's 2,500 on a waiting list, time to see how serious they are about buying a tickets. Give a short window for existing season ticket holders and big loyalty points to attend the game. 

This fixture with the usual Cup approach will get about 10,000 home fans and a raucous away end.

We will have same ticketing arrangements as normal. Season Ticket holders will get priority to buy own seats. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
18 minutes ago, Carter said:

Worth keeping in mind that Rangers and Celtic don't win this competition between them every year. Since we last won it in 2012 there's been St Johnstone x 2, Hibs and Inverness. Clearly it's not the ideal draw but it's at home. 

There seems to be a mentality that whenever we play the OF we've lost before a ball is kicked. 

And Celtic the other 6 times 😂😂 

Cheers for the helpful stats, Geff 😂

7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Does that mitigate against a lunchtime kick-off on Saturday? Wednesday 7:45 to Saturday 12pm isn't 3 days.

The cup tie will be on Sat night at 5:30pm, guaranteed 

3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Beating one of them on a one off, fair enough but we’ll need to do it twice as rangers won’t get beat by the others imo. Hard to see . I’m a negative so and so though 😂

Home game against Celtic provides our best chance to progress against them . No replays this year so has to be settled on the day. Just get rid of our inferiority complex against Sevco who have toiled in the last two weeks to overcome Ross County and Partick Thistle 

Good draw IMO. As others have pointed out the probability is to win it we'll need to beat both of the Old Firm so we're as well playing one of them at home in the quarter finals. It's imperative that Robbie gets his team selection right unlike the Rangers game the other week.

Just now, Irufushi said:

Beating one of them on a one off, fair enough but we’ll need to do it twice as rangers won’t get beat by the others imo. Hard to see . I’m a negative so and so though 😂

Its a small pond with big fish in it and at a last 8 draw the odds are they'll avoid each other. 

Surely if you do take one out it generates a lot more belief against the other.  There needs to be a real bite to Hearts play and use of a bench so that the intensity can be maintained.

8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Of course a Celtic win wouldn’t be a shock. I’m not one for trotting out the budget excuse at any given opportunity. I understand being realistic but football should always be above such basic rules and thinking. 

Regarding the highlighted section I think you’re expecting far too much from this site. 🙂

I don’t actually :lol: I’m the one who views every game on its own merits and applauds when we play well against them and criticises tactics/players where criticism is deserved. But there are plenty on here who view every game against the OF as a “free hit” and criticise fans for criticising when we get beat. Just odd seeing a few of them lambasting the lack of positivity right now. (Not including you in this)

27 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

How the club handles the organisation of ticketing will have a big bearing on how our fans will approach the game.

Firstly, give the Ultras a big section somewhere, market it and create some buzz around it. 

There's 2,500 on a waiting list, time to see how serious they are about buying a tickets. Give a short window for existing season ticket holders and big loyalty points to attend the game. 

This fixture with the usual Cup approach will get about 10,000 home fans and a raucous away end.

There won’t be many seats for folk on the waiting list  

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Was it 1987 when Robbo struck that free kick past Bonner? Was played the same day as the rugby with Scotland’s opponents that day being Ireland….just saying! 

That's what I was thinking as well.

Remember Archie McPherson and Alex MacDonald getting their after match interview interrupted by someone in the Gorgie tenements singing the Hearts song out his window.:HeartsManspotrun:  

Short term it seems a shit draw, almost the worst we could have got. In terms of winning the cup it's not a bad one, no one else is beating the old firm so if we want to win the cup we have to beat both of them, unless they were drawn together. Much bigger chance of that happening by playing 1 of them at Tynecastle. The players and management have spoken about unfinished business in the cup, let's see that play out into the performance we all want to see. 

17 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Does that mitigate against a lunchtime kick-off on Saturday? Wednesday 7:45 to Saturday 12pm isn't 3 days.

The Sunday is out because of the rugby I’d have thought

luckyBatistuta
16 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Getting past this hurdle is all that matters now, then we can av anuva little day aht sahn 🍻 

4 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Short term it seems a shit draw, almost the worst we could have got. In terms of winning the cup it's not a bad one, no one else is beating the old firm so if we want to win the cup we have to beat both of them, unless they were drawn together. Much bigger chance of that happening by playing 1 of them at Tynecastle. The players and management have spoken about unfinished business in the cup, let's see that play out into the performance we all want to see. 

Nah  at least three other draws would have been worse   Celtic away Rangers away and Rangers at home  

Parttimer1874
15 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We will have same ticketing arrangements as normal. Season Ticket holders will get priority to buy own seats. 

But Roseburn ST holders can’t be guaranteed their seats. There’s no reason they should be disadvantaged vs people in the other three stands.  

Markymark1874

Definitely not the draw I was hoping for but let’s not get too down. We gave them a hell of a game at Tynecastle earlier in the season and they will not be delighted at the prospect of coming to Tynecastle. 

They are a good team but not unbeatable - anything could happen and even penalties not an impossibility. Plenty time to focus on a game plan.

Bit of belief here - as long as we don’t shit the bed and concede early, we have plenty players who can hurt them.

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

i wish jj was my dad
40 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Defeatist or realistic? To repeat my earlier sentiment, I’m not throwing in the towel or anything, I do believe we have a chance. But anyone who thinks that anything other than a Celtic win wouldn’t be a shock is lying.

People scream on this forum about budgets and pontificate about how other fans shouldn’t expect anything against either of the OF whether we play against them at home, away or Hampden right after a defeat. Those same people should be consistent and have the same attitude before the game too, otherwise the pontificating is inconsistent.

We'll have a go and I'm confident we'll make a proper game of it. Robbie generally gives them a hard game. With some luck we cam turn them over. We are due to.

Can’t wait for this already. Tynie will be a bear pit of hostility. We were never going to avoid them forever. The players will be buzzing for this at home.

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

True.

But, with my typical optimism, we now have the opportunity to lift the Scottish 🏆 having seen off H1b5, Celtic, and The Rangers en-route.

Should that come to pass then it'll go down as a famous 🏆 run.

Can you even imagine what the open top bus journey from the City Chambers to Tynie would be like?

Id have to imagine it anyway even if we did manage that. Just like 06 and 12 I’d be far too pished/hungover to see it!

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Some teams go 114 years without winning the cup, law of averages mean that it has to happen sometime . . . . 🤞

22 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We have beaten them in a Cup final though:HeartsManspotrun:

12 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Getting past this hurdle is all that matters now, then we can av anuva little day aht sahn 🍻 

Laaaavly darling. 😍

6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

We'll have a go and I'm confident we'll make a proper game of it. Robbie generally gives them a hard game. With some luck we cam turn them over. We are due to.

Hope so. As I say, not thrown in the towel here. But it’s not like previous occasions where Celtic or Rangers are winning due to just having more expensive players and winning on paper, this Celtic side are actually good so it’s harder to get anything from them. We have to be on the top, top of our game and hope they have a really off day.

1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Not exactly fair though . Why should the other ST holders have a guaranteed cup ticket when Roseburn season ticket holders miss out.  When buying the tickets it only mentioned missing out on Hibs games .  

Yeh might be a bit different then mate might just be a free for all for all ST holders first. 

I'm in same boat mate our ST's are in Roseburn.

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

:what:

:spoton:

A ****ing awful draw. Anyone who says otherwise is either on something or at it.

image.png.066f5696e8713925bc8bf544cab89f18.png

:rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe but don’t recall that.  In any case we can’t be Friday because of Parkhead on the Wed before. We won’t be Sunday because of rugby.  So it’s Sat or Monday night. Can’t see them putting it on a Monday. 

You're probably right about Monday. 

Robbie and the club are getting to the point where they need a statement result in a meaningful game. 3rd place in the SPL is fine, and knocking Hibs out in 2 semi-finals and again a few weeks ago was hugely enjoyable; but they're a poor mid-table team. A real statement result for us would mean inflicting a meaningful defeat to one or both of the old-firm. We didn't touch Rangers in last years final and didn't lay a glove on them 2 weeks back, in a game that could have gone a long way to ending their pursuit of Celtic. Ross County and Patrick both gave them much harder games since we belly-flopped. We want to accentuate the positives of what a win over Celtic would mean for the club and the fans, not just progress to the semis but it would lay down a marker that we're not a perpetual roll-over for rantic. If we flop in the same way we did to Rangers, then justifiably there should be hard and searching questions about our leadership. But no need to think that way. Celtic are not freekin Real Madrid and no need to treat them with undue respect at Tynecastle. The club should be aiming and expecting to beat them, and why the hell not?

7 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Watch as we beat Celtic in the QF, then beat Rangers in the SF…, and lose to Ayr United in the final…😂

Yep, that's Hearts.

The more I think of it the better the draw seems, playing them twice in 3 days could be an advantage with the second one being at home.

Worse case scenario is we get knocked out but can then give finishing 3rd our full focus knowing it will almost certainly guarantee group stage European football 

i wish jj was my dad
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Hope so. As I say, not thrown in the towel here. But it’s not like previous occasions where Celtic or Rangers are winning due to just having more expensive players and winning on paper, this Celtic side are actually good so it’s harder to get anything from them. We have to be on the top, top of our game and hope they have a really off day.

Probably. We will need a bit of luck but we seem to cause them bother because we generally don't just roll over. 

As close to full strength as possible and still in the game after an hour and I will really fancy our chances. 

2 minutes ago, Danny Wilde said:

Robbie and the club are getting to the point where they need a statement result in a meaningful game. 3rd place in the SPL is fine, and knocking Hibs out in 2 semi-finals and again a few weeks ago was hugely enjoyable; but they're a poor mid-table team. A real statement result for us would mean inflicting a meaningful defeat to one or both of the old-firm. We didn't touch Rangers in last years final and didn't lay a glove on them 2 weeks back, in a game that could have gone a long way to ending their pursuit of Celtic. Ross County and Patrick both gave them much harder games since we belly-flopped. We want to accentuate the positives of what a win over Celtic would mean for the club and the fans, not just progress to the semis but it would lay down a marker that we're not a perpetual roll-over for rantic. If we flop in the same way we did to Rangers, then justifiably there should be hard and searching questions about our leadership. But no need to think that way. Celtic are not freekin Real Madrid and no need to treat them with undue respect at Tynecastle. The club should be aiming and expecting to beat them, and why the hell not?

Well said!

20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Nah  at least three other draws would have been worse   Celtic away Rangers away and Rangers at home  

This👆… at least we give Celtic a game compared to sevco of late! And if it has to be them, we’re at home. Bring it on! 
🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

27 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The Sunday is out because of the rugby I’d have thought

Why is that ?? you can drink all day at the Rubgy without fear of getting truncheoned and also the "Plastic Paddy's " could have a look at some real Irish people Win Win !!

43 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

To be fair we have only played them there twice - Once wi the ***** Hippy in charge 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Drumjambo said:

To be fair we have only played them there twice - Once wi the ***** Hippy in charge 

The new version, yes. The pre 2013 version was also never beaten either.

2 hours ago, campbell said:

You sure it’s 20%  would that not be more than the whole roseburn, I alway thought it was 10% which would be about 1900 so no the whole stand 

It's 20% unless there's a good reason why that's not possible, we've got a good reason. They will get the full Roseburn and that's it.

Edit: There was 4 pages when I started this post, it's now 10 so probably covered.

Edited by graygo

1 hour ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Beat Celtic in the quarters and then lose to Darvel in the semi IMO.

Hearts v Ayr

Rangers v Kilmarnock 

Hearts v Kilmarnock

18 minutes ago, Danny Wilde said:

This 100%

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup . Hearts v Celtic Saturday 11/3 12:15 ko - tickets on sale 22/2