• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Wee Mikey

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, 151 said:

Would imagine it'll be exactly the same as the Hibs game except ST holders will have to buy their seat.

1st phase will be ST holders buying their seat.

2nd phase will be Roseburn ST holders buying the remaining seats.

Then general sale if any are left.

Not exactly fair though . Why should the other ST holders have a guaranteed cup ticket when Roseburn season ticket holders miss out.  When buying the tickets it only mentioned missing out on Hibs games .  

SectionDJambo
Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Unless they meet in the semi - if Celtic get through then the runner up would get the Conference group stages ☹️ 

I fancy our chances of giving Celtic a game at Tynie over sevco though!

Don't think so.

Runners up get nowt these days

Just now, GBJambo said:

Not exactly fair though . Why should the other ST holders have a guaranteed cup ticket when Roseburn season ticket holders miss out.  When buying the tickets it only mentioned missing out on Hibs games .  

Whilst season tickets don't cover the cup, everyone should have first dibs of buying their season ticket seat.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Now't wrong with Irish folk.

Police wont allow both games on same day so close to each ground.

Was it 1987 when Robbo struck that free kick past Bonner? Was played the same day as the rugby with Scotland’s opponents that day being Ireland….just saying! 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Bunch of shite bags , we are winning this 

Excuse me….you aren’t allowed to talk like that on here. They’ve got more money blah blah blah

I think all games will be live on TV with Via Sports picking out game and Rangers, and the BBC Darvel/Falkirk v Ayr (though if Falkirk, they may not bother).  

Inverness v Killie (Friday night)
Hearts v Celtic (Saturday early)

Rangers v Raith (Sunday)

Darvel/Falkirk v Ayr (Monday night). 

10 minutes ago, Tenor said:

100%. I think it’s the best draw we could hope for. The best chance of beating Celtic is at Tynie - not at Parkhead or Hampden.

The best draw was Darvel at Tynecastle with the arse cheeks getting each other. The worst draw was Celtic. 

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

It’s a fair point but as far as is possible you should be allowed to buy your own seat imo. If your seats got a smelly Celtic fan in it you shouldn’t get the chance to buy mine. 

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Tenor said:

100%. I think it’s the best draw we could hope for. The best chance of beating Celtic is at Tynie - not at Parkhead or Hampden.

I agree.

InternationalJambo
3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Unless they meet in the semi - if Celtic get through then the runner up would get the Conference group stages ☹️ 

I don’t think this is correct. If Celtic or rangers win the cup then the group stages goes to the league position. Nothing for runner up in the cup. 

Saw that in draw, the guy was looking in the hat and seen ball 2 and held onto it and swirled the balls a little. Then smirked to his pal when celtic came out..

Edited by assessor

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

Don't think so.

Runners up get nowt these days

Really? I hope you’re right mate. 

When we beat then in the 80s with A Robbo free kick, I think Scotland played Ireland at Murrayfield in the Rugby the same day.

Edited by Jonkel Hoon

The White Cockade

Obviously hoping for a home draw against lower league team but if we really hope to win the Cup then the best place to play them is Tynie rather than Hampden

Obviously we are underdogs but who knows?

I’d be happy with a hammering in the league match followed by a lucky win on the Saturday 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I get the Tynecastle home draw theory but arent the last times we beat them and got close to them in cup at Hampden?

Even in the league cup was our last win not at Parkhead?

Anyway I guess that means we are due one at home.

1 minute ago, buba said:

Just had a look,. We've played them at tynie 11 times previously in the Scottish Cup and only ever beat them once, didn't think the record was that bad 

Far better than our record v Rangers at Hampden then if we make it through!!

1 minute ago, InternationalJambo said:

I don’t think this is correct. If Celtic or rangers win the cup then the group stages goes to the league position. Nothing for runner up in the cup. 

SectionD above said the same… hope you’re both right! 👍

26 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Let's get intae them. We are due to beat them in the cup.

We've done it previously in 2012 at Hampden, so, "Bring it OAN", say I.

JamboCampbell

Can comfirm any team who wants to take the conference spot needs to win the cup. Aint happening.

What makes this even worse is the fact we play them at parkhead a few days before. If we end up taking a hammering through there it’s hardly gonna fill us with confidence. I always fancy our chances against them at home, we usually give them a game too but I feel it’ll be so much harder if we’re going into this on the back of a walkover days earlier 

Edited by AC Mallin_51

6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

No - the winner (if not the OF) of the cup would get Euro football. Runners up get hee haw. If either the OF win the 🏆 and we are 3rd, we get it. 

That being said, let’s just win it 😉🇱🇻

I think they are.  Runners up used to get priority, but I think that changed.  Not certain though. 

It is right. The European spot for runner up in the cup changed a while back. I thought the same as you and got corrected last season. 

Ah well it could have been worse….we could have drawn Rangers….after all we always lie down to Rangers don’t we…..🤔

9 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

We’d only lose that spot if a team outside ourselves, rangers and Celtic won the cup

McGlynn The Money
16 minutes ago, Tenor said:

:what:

5 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

The best draw was Darvel at Tynecastle with the arse cheeks getting each other. The worst draw was Celtic. 

:spoton:

A ****ing awful draw. Anyone who says otherwise is either on something or at it.

6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Excuse me….you aren’t allowed to talk like that on here. They’ve got more money blah blah blah

Oh they will be massive favourites . They have a squad rammed with top players . We have some top players too though and we can hurt them in a knock out game . This is ours 

26 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

I get that we’ve a better chance against Celtic at tynecastle than Hampden but we’ll still more than likely now need to beat rangers at hampden also. Out of all the dross left in the cup I can’t see how this is a good draw for us 

Unless they got drawn against each other we were always going to have to beat both of them to win the cup.  Much better chance if one of those games is at home. Yes we might lose out on Hampden trips but in terms of winning the cup it’s a decent draw.  Much worse if we were to go to Parkhead or Ibrox in the quarters. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup . Hearts v Celtic Saturday 11/3 12:15 ko - tickets on sale 22/2