Scottish Cup . Hearts v Celtic Saturday 11/3 12:15 ko - tickets on sale 22/2

Mr Sifter

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think it will be Friday or Monday.  Viaplay get first two picks and they will pick OF ties. They will be sat and Sunday. So far BBC games have all been Fridays or Mondays so I’d expect that we will be Saturday to avoid the rugby. 

I’m sure Celtic v Morton was on BBC on a Saturday.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Wee Mikey

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

Not sure if viaplay dictate the date or time of the game do they? They cleary have first pick of the games. Cannot see the police wanting a hearts v celtic game on a Saturday evening followed by the rugby on the Sunday. If they have any say I would think the Friday or the Monday would seem likely or maybe 1230 on the Saturday. Late ko on the Saturday seems the most unlikely scenario. Which probably means that's exactly when it will be!!

8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

True.

But, with my typical optimism, we now have the opportunity to lift the Scottish 🏆 having seen off H1b5, Celtic, and The Rangers en-route.

Should that come to pass then it'll go down as a famous 🏆 run.

Can you even imagine what the open top bus journey from the City Chambers to Tynie would be like?

THE most famous run ever 

Great draw, would have preferred them away from home to ruin them.

Massive game at Tynecastle for us and one we will be well up for.

We will win.

10 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's folk thinking the draw is always rigged against Hearts. It's mental. 

It's not rigged but the fact Hearts and Celtic came out in exactly the same position in both draws tells you the balls aren't mixed properly which dilute the randomness of the draw.

LochcarronJambo
3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Saturday 1730 on Viaplay Sports, nailed on. Won't be Friday due to us playing Celtic away on the Wednesday prior and won't be Sunday due to the rugby as you said.

Be surprised if polis allow that , lunch time kick off yes but 17.30 with weegie bigots bevvying all afternoon ??

Welcome to Scottish football, where one day you’re looking forward to a cup draw, making sure there’s no plans or holidays around the date of the final, only for a few days and a cup draw later to basically be thinking about next season’s cup chances instead. Oh, and then you realise we play them twice in the space of a week and you start to get pissed off at how dull and repetitive Scottish football can be.

Take the piss out of anyone who seems negative after that draw if you like, but it’s indicative of what Scottish football has become that many already feel the competition is over for us. I’m not there, but will admit to barely even being hopeful about our chances. Even at home.

Weird thing is a lot of the folk who chime in with the “what do you expect? It’s the OF, we move on” and take umbrage at the fans bemoaning how we played when we get humped by one of them as usual, who are wondering why there’s not more positivity about facing the same opponents.

Just now, Drumjambo said:

Unless those doing the draw were kill or rangers fans lol

I know you are joking , but some people will believe that 😄 

I would liken it to people who think the entire scientific community are all in on a big conspiracy about the Earth being flat or what ever ………. The number of people at different levels of society who would need to be trusted to keep the secret is totally ridiculous . I can just see a Biffy turning up at annual secret covenants in hoods and drinking pigs blood with Salmond and Rod Stewart ect :rofl:   

14 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

The record against the OF, home or away in any competition over any time frame is abysmal. 

As is every club in Scotland’s 

Lochend Jambo

Need to make it uncomfortable as possible for them, block off the corners of the Roseburn, no access for the via Gorgie Road, employ extra stewards to search them and stop doubling up at the turnstiles.

Turn off the heating and turn up the lights in the away dressing room.

Most of all get right behind the team and drown out there p@sh songbook.

Jambo Buckets
34 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

How will Hearts fairly allocate tickets considering we have season ticket holders in the Roseburn who are just entitled to a ticket as ones in the other stands 

There will be plenty of seats in the other 3 stands left for season ticket holders in the Roseburn. I'd imagine there will be a general sale as well. 

Captain Sausage

I remember in 2012, feeling pissed off at having to trek from Merchant City down to Hampden to watch us get pumped in the semifinal. 

My mate gave our pal his ticket as he said he’d rather study than go. 

Must admit I rather enjoyed the game after all. 

29 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Unless they meet in the semi - if Celtic get through then the runner up would get the Conference group stages ☹️ 

I fancy our chances of giving Celtic a game at Tynie over sevco though!

That's completely wrong. 

Just now, LochcarronJambo said:

Be surprised if polis allow that , lunch time kick off yes but 17.30 with weegie bigots bevvying all afternoon ??

Probably the case for both Arse cheeks. Lunchtime Saturday and Sunday, hope I'm wrong.

LochcarronJambo
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Welcome to Scottish football, where one day you’re looking forward to a cup draw, making sure there’s no plans or holidays around the date of the final, only for a few days and a cup draw later to basically be thinking about next season’s cup chances instead. Oh, and then you realise we play them twice in the space of a week and you start to get pissed off at how dull and repetitive Scottish football can be.

Take the piss out of anyone who seems negative after that draw if you like, but it’s indicative of what Scottish football has become that many already feel the competition is over for us. I’m not there, but will admit to barely even being hopeful about our chances. Even at home.

Weird thing is a lot of the folk who chime in with the “what do you expect? It’s the OF, we move on” and take umbrage at the fans bemoaning how we played when we get humped by one of them as usual, who are wondering why there’s not more positivity about facing the same opponents.

I think thats a good post…. We even got them in the womens draw too 

6 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

means when we play Rangers in semi or final we get the crap end of Hampden this year again 

That’s the real downside of the draw. 

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’m sure Celtic v Morton was on BBC on a Saturday.

Maybe but don’t recall that.  In any case we can’t be Friday because of Parkhead on the Wed before. We won’t be Sunday because of rugby.  So it’s Sat or Monday night. Can’t see them putting it on a Monday. 

8 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Not sure if viaplay dictate the date or time of the game do they? They cleary have first pick of the games. Cannot see the police wanting a hearts v celtic game on a Saturday evening followed by the rugby on the Sunday. If they have any say I would think the Friday or the Monday would seem likely or maybe 1230 on the Saturday. Late ko on the Saturday seems the most unlikely scenario. Which probably means that's exactly when it will be!!

We play at Parkhead Wed 8th so it can’t be Friday. 

Naisys Tackle
14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think it will be Friday or Monday.  Viaplay get first two picks and they will pick OF ties. They will be sat and Sunday. So far BBC games have all been Fridays or Mondays so I’d expect that we will be Saturday to avoid the rugby. 

Sat night would be class.

Just now, Des Lynam said:

So many defeatist wanks on here. I’d much rather play them at Tynecastle than Parkhead or Hampden. 

As long as Robbie doesn't use same tactics he did against Sevco

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I know you are joking , but some people will believe that 😄 

I would liken it to people who think the entire scientific community are all in on a big conspiracy about the Earth being flat or what ever ………. The number of people at different levels of society who would need to be trusted to keep the secret is totally ridiculous . I can just see a Biffy turning up at annual secret covenants in hoods and drinking pigs blood with Salmond and Rod Stewart ect :rofl:   

Agreed but you know right here and now that Willie Collum will be the ref for super safety............No ??

Biffy Clyro are single fish and I wouldn't open my curtain s if the were playing in my garden

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You are a right happy happy😂😂

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

We play at Parkhead Wed 8th so it can’t be Friday. 

It will be 5:30 pm on the Sat, we played Rangers a couple of years ago at the same time on a Saturday 

7 minutes ago, Jambo Buckets said:

There will be plenty of seats in the other 3 stands left for season ticket holders in the Roseburn. I'd imagine there will be a general sale as well. 

Yep, 20,000 capacity, 15,500 season tickets, 3,500 away fans, 1,000 hospitality takes care of it pretty much. 

6 minutes ago, Lochend Jambo said:

Need to make it uncomfortable as possible for them, block off the corners of the Roseburn, no access for the via Gorgie Road, employ extra stewards to search them and stop doubling up at the turnstiles.

Turn off the heating and turn up the lights in the away dressing room.

Most of all get right behind the team and drown out there p@sh songbook.

Get the set up we go through at the San Giro - The Game will be over before half them get in 

ps What are they searching us for doon lochend way ?? it gets worse every time I go ??

Just now, Hearts007 said:

As long as Robbie doesn't use same tactics he did against Sevco

He should be taken out back and dealt

with like Old Yeller if he ****s up like that again. 

We’ve all seen us lose cup games we were certainties to win (Airdrie, St Mirren), and we’ve won cup games we had no chance in (Rangers final / Celtic at Hampden / Celtic at Tynecastle Andy Thorn game). 
Only thing we can be certain about - we’ll be playing to win, and Celtic won’t relish this quarter final ♥️ 

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

So many defeatist wanks on here. I’d much rather play them at Tynecastle than Parkhead or Hampden. 

It's no real.

At home we have a decent chance.

These games are why you book your seat.

Drawing numbered balls from a container is has a probability out come. Now given the number of times both Celtic and Rangers have reached the last eight what I would like to know is how many times they have been drawn against each other at that stage . I predicted that we would get one of the two and the other would get a bye to the semis and that is exactly what has happened ... and to be fair that is easy to predict ... how ever putting the shoe on the other foot it should exactly as easy to say Rangers will get Celtic and Hearts will get another team. I would really like to know the stats on that. Given that they both reach the last eight stage one would expect that the should have met each other the same number of times as a percentage of the number of times we have all been in the last eight draw... maybe? 🤣

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Sat night would be class.

Seem to remember we beat Rangers in the cup on a sat night - Boyce’s debut iirc

I probably don’t though😂

3 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Agreed but you know right here and now that Willie Collum will be the ref for super safety............No ??

Biffy Clyro are single fish and I wouldn't open my curtain s if the were playing in my garden

Collum is a certainty 

Nothing really against Biffy 

31 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

What makes this even worse is the fact we play them at parkhead a few days before. If we end up taking a hammering through there it’s hardly gonna fill us with confidence. I always fancy our chances against them at home, we usually give them a game too but I feel it’ll be so much harder if we’re going into this on the back of a walkover days earlier 

Not to mention a straight red for one of our top players! Page mark this!

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup . Hearts v Celtic Saturday 11/3 12:15 ko - tickets on sale 22/2