Robbie Neilson ( merged )

Absolute Scenes

Bazzas right boot

Good, positive and fair thread this.

Jkb is certainly a more balanced and logical on the whole when the number of agitators is reduced due to Hearts winning and some posters deciding  it's not for them fir the time being

Ofc, those with vision, clarity and balance always said we'd get third again, some of us even said by January despite the calls for him to be sacked earlier on.

Lots of work still to do but I'd be surprised if we weren't well clear after the next 3 or 4 set of fixtures.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

• i wish jj was my dad

• BlueRiver

Shooter McGavin

People are just going to keep scrambling to find new angles to have a pop at a manager that’s never finished us outside the top 3 eh?

Regularly in the top 3, reaching a cup final almost every season, experiencing European football….. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SLACK PASSING? 😂

21 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

People are just going to keep scrambling to find new angles to have a pop at a manager that’s never finished us outside the top 3 eh?

Regularly in the top 3, reaching a cup final almost every season, experiencing European football….. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SLACK PASSING? 😂

They move onto players without doubt. Neilson fault for them being signed etc etc

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Slack passing is a belter.

Shooter McGavin
10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Slack passing is a belter.

Aye the quicker we bring in a manager that’ll never oversee a slack pass ever again, the better.

lost in space

Seems to be a lot of Robbie supporters having a go at us pant wetters on here today.

GOOD - cos it means we won.

I havnt read all of the back-slapping (or the slack passing) on the thread but what I have read seems to lack balance - on JKB?? - what a shock.

So, I am here to give the balance the thread deserves 😇. Aye, right!

Like all managers, there are pros and cons and Neilson is no different in that respect.

PROs - Got us promoted twice and got us third last season. We are 3rd now after a bad injury period and Euro campaign.  He has had some successes in transfers - e.g. Shankland, Snodgrass.

CONs - The football isnt usually great to watch, especially away (last night being an exception). 

He seems to prioritise possession above all else (e.g. 65% with 3 shots on target).

He does not "feed" young players into the team or have a process for this (are they good enough?).

Recruitment has been mixed (he is part of process) - including his priority signing (GMS), Kio, Stewart. We have one permanent striker in the 1st team squad (no, Boyce is no longer a striker) and cant call Hendo part of the squad.

Motivation??? - I have actually noticed that has improved but think much/some of that is down to Snodgrass.  Yes, you say, I would think that!!  We all know that Neilson is not a "motivation guy". 

So, who could we find in Scotland (that we could afford) who would be better than Neilson?

Answer - Nobody.

I did think that Malky Mackay would do well for us and maybe even Goodwin (was wrong about that). Naismith? - would be a gamble. So replacement could probably be from outside Scotland.

I havnt noticed Chairmen from around the world banging on our door demanding to be allowed to offer Neilson a job (I think we would have heard).

I didnt want Neilson back as manager but at the end of last season, it was obvious that he deserved to stay. He deserves to be here now.  I hope he is here for the next 10 years - as this means that he will have been successful.  He has room for improvement though and he does not seem to learn, despite his never ending "learning curves"!!!

I dont think anybody could possibly disagree with any of the above.😆

Close the thread.

3 hours ago, saxondale said:

I have no idea what that means.

It means my Samsung S22+ or Android system is playing silly 

Just now, colinmaroon said:

It means my Samsung S22+ or Android system is playing silly 

Just done it again.  "silly b*

Edited by colinmaroon

7 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Seems to be a lot of Robbie supporters having a go at us pant wetters on here today.

I havnt read all of the back-slapping (or the slack passing) on the thread but what I have read seems to lack balance - on JKB?? - what a shock.

Like all managers, there are pros and cons and Neilson is no different in that respect.

PROs - Got us promoted twice and got us third last season. We are 3rd now after a bad injury period and Euro campaign.  He has had some successes in transfers - e.g. Shankland, Snodgrass.

CONs - The football isnt usually great to watch, especially away (last night being an exception). 

He seems to prioritise possession above all else (e.g. 65% with 3 shots on target).

He does not "feed" young players into the team or have a process for this (are they good enough?).

Recruitment has been mixed (he is part of process) - including his priority signing (GMS), Kio, Stewart. We have one permanent striker in the 1st team squad (no, Boyce is no longer a striker) and cant call Hendo part of the squad.

Motivation??? - I have actually noticed that has improved but think much/some of that is down to Snodgrass.  Yes, you say, I would think that!!  We all know that Neilson is not a "motivation guy". 

So, who could we find in Scotland (that we could afford) who would be better than Neilson?

Answer - Nobody.

I did think that Malky Mackay would do well for us and maybe even Goodwin (was wrong about that). Naismith? - would be a gamble. So replacement could probably be from outside Scotland.

I havnt noticed Chairmen from around the world banging on our door demanding to be allowed to offer Neilson a job (I think we would have heard).

I didnt want Neilson back as manager but at the end of last season, it was obvious that he deserved to stay. He deserves to be here now.  I hope he is here for the next 10 years - as this means that he will have been successful.  He has room for improvement though and he does not seem to learn, despite his never ending "learning curves"!!!

Close the thread.

Plenty there you can disagree with. The football isn't great to watch is just some myth that the Robbie haters are struggling to cling onto lately. Recuritment?? really?? Motivation you are saying is down to Snodgrass? Huh? A lot of drivel. 

15 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Answer - Nobody.

Close the thread.

Epic slaver of epic proportions.

Don't know why you wasted your time posting it tbh.

7 hours ago, saxondale said:

Devlin - running and tackling

Snodgrass - guile and passing

I thought that was obvious, but ... och, ye ken ... opinions an' aw that.

Long live Robbie's reign. 

Hopefully he'll be here for a long time yet and build a team to challenge for the league. We're not miles away. We're better than everyone else in the league even with constant injuries to first choice players. 

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Thought that was going to be a wee Christmas themed football song when I read the first few words 😞 

It's time for you to slip in another under the radar song title. You're good at that. 😎

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Epic slaver of epic proportions.

Don't know why you wasted your time posting it tbh.

Epic, you say??? THANKS.

Posted it to try to help the hard of thinking. Hopefully helped you.

3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Epic, you say??? THANKS.

Posted it to try to help the hard of thinking. Hopefully helped you.

Hard of thinking 🤣 look at the time you've spent on the cons vs the pros there. Honking. You call that balance? 

The pants pishing this board engaged in not long ago during a bad spell against the OF and European ties was biblical. There was nothing at all balanced about it beyond "wir doomed" after we didn't fulfill our god given right of 3 points against Livingston everytime we play them. (Certain posters aside who do have nuance).

There's always knives out the minute we lose and God forbid Hibs get anything against it cos they'll all be crawling out the woodwork again to jump all over that. 

3 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Hard of thinking 🤣 look at the time you've spent on the cons vs the pros there. Honking. You call that balance? 

The pants pishing this board engaged in not long ago during a bad spell against the OF and European ties was biblical. There was nothing at all balanced about it beyond "wir doomed" after we didn't fulfill our god given right of 3 points against Livingston everytime we play them. (Certain posters aside who do have nuance).

There's always knives out the minute we lose and God forbid Hibs get anything against it cos they'll all be crawling out the woodwork again to jump all over that. 

it’s like lifting a log and out come the woodlice. We can’t win every game , I don’t know why some can’t understand that.  It’s just weird how they only appear when they see it as an opportunity to stick the boot in.  We haven’t had a settled back line all season yet here we are clear in 3rd with a game in hand. There is guaranteed European group stages again next season for 3rd (assuming one of the top 3 win the Scottish) so it’s vital and we are on track

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

it’s like lifting a log and out come the woodlice. We can’t win every game , I don’t know why some can’t understand that.  It’s just weird how they only appear when they see it as an opportunity to stick the boot in.  We haven’t had a settled back line all season yet here we are clear in 3rd with a game in hand. There is guaranteed European group stages again next season for 3rd (assuming one of the top 3 win the Scottish) so it’s vital and we are on track

We've been in touch with 3rd the whole time too and have played more games away than most of those around us and had played the OF a combined 4 times to a lot of them only playing once or twice. With all those other things you point out! 

We've never really been off track this season beyond the poor exit from the League Cup. We're always going to drop the odd point to a Livi or Killie etc but I think the stats show We've dropped less to non-OF teams than anyone else in the league. I don't get the hysterical reactions at times. If we were in a rut like Hibs then sure. 

Here's a wee present for all of the naysayers who set up their posts for failure in the hope of then sticking the boot in by ending with the blatantly transparent caveat of, "I hope I'm proved wrong," etc.

Stuff yer faces lads.

Screenshot_20221229_160743_Google.jpg

lost in space
10 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I didnt there were so many "hard of thinking"!

The Pros are HUGELY important and are the priorities. The Cons - not so much.  That will be obvious to anyone looking objectively - nit you obviously.

Football fans complaining about losing? - what a novelty.  

lost in space
4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

We've been in touch with 3rd the whole time too and have played more games away than most of those around us and had played the OF a combined 4 times to a lot of them only playing once or twice. With all those other things you point out! 

We've never really been off track this season beyond the poor exit from the League Cup. We're always going to drop the odd point to a Livi or Killie etc but I think the stats show We've dropped less to non-OF teams than anyone else in the league. I don't get the hysterical reactions at times. If we were in a rut like Hibs then sure. 

A good post but I dont see the "hysterical reactions".  Yes, many fans (including me) react negatively ( a few over-react) to poor play or results. It has always been that way and always will.

5 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I didnt there were so many "hard of thinking"!

The Pros are HUGELY important and are the priorities. The Cons - not so much.  That will be obvious to anyone looking objectively - nit you obviously.

Football fans complaining about losing? - what a novelty.  

Aye hysterical reactions from grown men when we lose a game certainly does show there's a lot of hard of thinking individuals out there. 

Your Pro list was pitiful given the amount of waffling you did on the cons. 

In light of your second post I feel like I'll tone myself down a bit from full blown tosser. Sorry man 🤣

Edited by BlueRiver

12 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Wins against Hibs, St. Mirren x 2 and Aberdeen and 3rd is likely done and dusted again......

5 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Then I have missed this bile. Can you link to some of the bile and OTT abuse? 

Mate, you’re at it. You were all over the last Robbie mega thread and replied to the posts with quotes about folk hating the manager, calling him gutless, spineless, shitebag, clown, etc. 

Wholst it was only two months ago, you’re totally capable of using the search function. Try any of the terms above.  You’ll get hits. Some may well include your replies. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Answer - Nobody.

Close the thread.

A load of pish, at least you are trying tho.

Shooter McGavin

Quite a bizarre post, to be honest.

Transfers/recruitment featuring in both your pros and cons list made me laugh.

You only mentioned Shankland and Snodgrass in your examples of good transfers, what about Rowles, Devlin, Atkinson, Kingsley, Cochrane, surely they’re worth a mention?

”He seems to prioritise possession above all else” wasn’t is Cruyff that claimed dominating the ball is the first and most important rule in football? I’d personally see that as more of a pro, than a con.

You mentioned at the end that Neilson isn’t a “motivation guy”, can I ask what you’ve based that on? And how you reckon it’s down to Snodgrass instead?

Also, what does it matter if clubs aren’t headhunting our manager? Surely our priority is Hearts and hitting our targets, why would we be bothered about what other clubs do?

The cons I’d more or less agree with are the young players, although there’s a balance that must be struck with that because if we started benching more experienced players to get youngsters in, and we drop points, then there would be people foaming at the mouth saying he’s putting too much faith in youngsters etc. If the youngsters aren’t good enough to get into the first team, then I’ argue that’s more of a problem with the development squads, than Neilson.

The lack of strikers is another con I agree with to an extent, Boyce getting injured has unfortunately highlighted our lack of depth in that department.

lost in space
22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

A load of pish, at least you are trying tho.

As eloquent as ever Tosh. I DO try to be reasonably balanced and do consider the alternate view. My view on Neilson has changed a bit (for the better).

I am so glad that I am not paranoid or blind to a managers down side.

As a bit of a stats expert, do you @CMchave any as regards Rowles from last night?

I'm only asking as some folks have been having a pop at him, yet I seem to have his name ringing in my ears as having made numerous defensive headers, important ones at that, although that's subjective.

i might be mistaken, but his stats must surely be quite impressive.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, lost in space said:

As eloquent as ever Tosh. I DO try to be reasonably balanced and do consider the alternate view. My view on Neilson has changed a bit (for the better).

I am so glad that I am not paranoid or blind to a managers down side.

Bob will be happy your opinion has changed " a bit".

We all are. 

2 hours ago, lost in space said:

Answer - Nobody.

Close the thread.

Good post, thanks for sharing. Appreciate your posts and the balance and insight you provide. Obviously makes you a target to the Robbie fanboys with their incessant nonsense and abuse so my commiserations for that

6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We now have a proven, seasoned manager

Over 300 games management, seen the highs and lows. Managed all sorts of players, some successful, some unsuccessful. Brought young players bringing them from inconsistent level through to consistency to win them their first international caps from Calum Paterson to Lawrence Shankland at DU through to Cammy Devlin with a number of others. Eg Halkett, Souttar and others. 

Taken more experienced guys out from the cold and got them back in the conversation at international level eg Craig Gordon, Barrie McKay, Stephen Kingsley, Arnaud Djoum

All while never finishing below 3rd in any of his Hearts seasons. The results are there. We’ve played all different types of ways. Finding the path to a result. Sorted out 2 shambolic relegated messes, got promoted and reinstated the standards of Heart of Midlothian. 

And he’s committed here at our club for the long term.

Robbie Neilson is a big name at HMFC and he has an opportunity and I believe the talent to become one of the biggest. The man works his socks off for our club and deserves success and the embrace of the fans.

Can he take us to the next level? Absolutely yes. If he delivers Europe back to back, that is the next level by the way. Only by building that foundation is there any hope of a squad who could put on an eventual title challenge. Rome was not built in a day, the next level is consistent 3rd place finishes over 2-3-4 seasons building quality. Absolutely yes Robbie is a man who can take Hearts forward to that next level. 

Great post.

lost in space
16 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Quite a bizarre post, to be honest.

Transfers/recruitment featuring in both your pros and cons list made me laugh.

You only mentioned Shankland and Snodgrass in your examples of good transfers, what about Rowles, Devlin, Atkinson, Kingsley, Cochrane, surely they’re worth a mention?

”He seems to prioritise possession above all else” wasn’t is Cruyff that claimed dominating the ball is the first and most important rule in football? I’d personally see that as more of a pro, than a con.

You mentioned at the end that Neilson isn’t a “motivation guy”, can I ask what you’ve based that on? And how you reckon it’s down to Snodgrass instead?

Also, what does it matter if clubs aren’t headhunting our manager? Surely our priority is Hearts and hitting our targets, why would we be bothered about what other clubs do?

The cons I’d more or less agree with are the young players, although there’s a balance that must be struck with that because if we started benching more experienced players to get youngsters in, and we drop points, then there would be people foaming at the mouth saying he’s putting too much faith in youngsters etc. If the youngsters aren’t good enough to get into the first team, then I’ argue that’s more of a problem with the development squads, than Neilson.

The lack of strikers is another con I agree with to an extent, Boyce getting injured has unfortunately highlighted our lack of depth in that department.

How can it be bizarre to mention transfers in pros AND cons? He has some good and some bad. That is the point!.

I gave examples - I wasn't going to list every transfer.

Re the motivation - some people have it and some dont. Its a personality trait and Neilson doesnt seem to have it while someone like Naismith does.

Re other clubs trying to appoint him (or not) - it shows how highly regarded he is in the game.

I’ve said all along Neilson has been learning on the job. He had no real managerial experience when he replaced Locke. He did well then made a huge mistake going to MK Dons. He’s returned and gaining more experience every week and it’s starting to show. There’s no denying he applied an over cautious style to start with but a combination of better players and more self confidence we’re seeing some lovely football from his team now.

He knows how to get a decent points totals in this league and applies a very methodical system to do so. It won’t be this season but with some good additions and the end of this ridiculous injury run he’ll start to go after the old firm more and hopefully be braver down at Easter Road. At the moment he doesn’t particularly care, away points and ER, Aberdeen and whoever else is a top 6 contender are his aim, defeats to the old firm don’t concern him he knows we’ll get enough elsewhere for 3rd.

He’s definitely trying to connect more with the support, which I think has always been an issue with him and the reason despite his record he’s never been fully accepted by all fans. He’s made some very naïve statements in the past which came across as a little condescending while I don’t actually think that was his intention. It’s all part of the learning process as a manager.

I’m fairly sure in time a number of clubs will start to come calling for him again, particularly if he does add a trophy to his record. 

He’ll never be a JJ in terms of his standing with the fans, there’s no real logical reason for that but I think he’s turned a lot of sceptical fans and there’s a real respect for his achievements, we’ll see if he can go beyond that and if he does then we’ll have seen a successful period.

31 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

As a bit of a stats expert, do you @CMchave any as regards Rowles from last night?

I'm only asking as some folks have been having a pop at him, yet I seem to have his name ringing in my ears as having made numerous defensive headers, important ones at that, although that's subjective.

i might be mistaken, but his stats must surely be quite impressive.

Far from an expert - but do take an interest (thanks though!). 

Pass accuracy 89% from 63 total. 

75 touches

3 headers won (equal top in the game, most for hearts, 30% of hearts headers)

one tackle, one interception, eight clearances. 
One successful dribble. 
No unsuccessful touches. 

So good stats! Very similar to Kingsley’s average output for the season defensively- but with a better pass accuracy and way more clearances. So I guess very similar to Souttar’s averages last year - which is praise. 

Cant access a break down for that individual match in terms of percentage headers or tackles won, but he’s on about 57% success rate with headers with us this season (Halkett 75, Sibbick 70) 70% tackle success rate (Halkett 87, Sibbick 81)*. 

*Halks has obvs played v few league games so skews stats. 

Edited by CMc

Shooter McGavin
8 minutes ago, lost in space said:

How can it be bizarre to mention transfers in pros AND cons? He has some good and some bad. That is the point!.

Re the motivation - some people have it and some dont. Its a personality trait and Neilson doesnt seem to have it while someone like Naismith does.

Re other clubs trying to appoint him (or not) - it shows how highly regarded he is in the game.

Overall, our recruitment post Cathro/Levein/Stendel has been very good, so I’d chuck that in the pros list myself.

What makes you think Neilson doesn’t have motivational quality, but Naismith does? Bearing in mind Neilson has never finished us outside the top 3 and Naismith's development squad is currently 13th in the Lowland League.

Who cares if he’s highly regarded by other clubs if he’s still hitting his targets for us? it’s like moaning that nobody is trying to steal your girlfriend.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

He's doing just fine.  A win on the 2nd will silence the doubters but they'll be back after our next defeat. 

That is the problem it only takes one defeat and he is the worst manager in the SPL ... FFS he only needs to make a poor set of subs and they are out for blood ! You cannot please everybody but really who is going to step into his shoes with the same set of players and have the team any further up the table ... I'll save you the bother absolutely nobody!

i wish jj was my dad
12 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

That is the problem it only takes one defeat and he is the worst manager in the SPL ... FFS he only needs to make a poor set of subs and they are out for blood ! You cannot please everybody but really who is going to step into his shoes with the same set of players and have the team any further up the table ... I'll save you the bother absolutely nobody!

There are two more three that are absolutely rabid. A few more that have dug themselves into a hole and can't bring themselves to admit they were wrong and others that have unrealistic expectations about what a Hearts manager can achieve with 10/15% of the OF budget. 

Most of us just want to do well but have maroon tinted glasses so take umbrage at unreasonable criticism. 

31 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Overall, our recruitment post Cathro/Levein/Stendel has been very good, so I’d chuck that in the pros list myself.

What makes you think Neilson doesn’t have motivational quality, but Naismith does? Bearing in mind Neilson has never finished us outside the top 3 and Naismith's development squad is currently 13th in the Lowland League.

Who cares if he’s highly regarded by other clubs if he’s still hitting his targets for us? it’s like moaning that nobody is trying to steal your girlfriend.

Could it be that @lost in spacedoesn't have a partner to be stolen?

(Only jesting, bud. 😎)

Seriously, though, Robbie's motivational credentials surely cannae be questioned?

We now play to the end (my prediction of Shankland sending St J fans home seething?); player quotes reflect that; on field performances are there to be seen (spurred on by The Gorgie - well done lads & lassies - you came over loud & proud); and I, for one, would be gob-smacked if oor Robbie isn't being tracked by several clubs.

I honestly hope that Neilson is happy at Hearts, has a good deal, and does the Scottish equivalent of what Sir Alex F did at Man U.

Bazzas right boot

Every club has successful and poor transfers tho, as does every manager. 

Everu club, it's not a Hearts or a Bob thing, it's not worth a discussion. 

What is worth a discussion is the progress of the team that is made up by said players signed by said manager.

Usually league is the best indicator of that success. 

The last sentence is just nonsense and you are almost stating unless better teams want our manager he's not highly rated or much good. 

Does that go for our players as well, are they not "highly regarded" unless they piss off as well?

This is the problem with the posters that have a default setting that has been against Bob and when the chips are down they want him gone.

They change the goal posts so they can keep their anti Bob narrative alive.

Won the championship over Rangers- Rangers were shite.

Finished 3rd - no hibs or Rangers in league, no biggy.

Left us in 2nd/3rd- left us, no PHM, jumped ship, hibs win the cup- his fault. Ignore planes and bed sheet brigade. 

He then came back, picked us of our knees ( again).

Must beat hibs in sc semi- did.

Narrow loss to celtic on pk- celtc were shite should beat them.

Won the championship at a canter- we played shite, should play better, pub league.

Last season when we came  up, many predicted bottom 6- we coasted to 3rd, beat hibs and got beat of Rangers aet- expected,  should have beat a knackered Rangers, etc

This season early on- shite fitbaw, should do better, all while ignoring the quality of opposition and Injuries.  

We are now clear in 3rd again, on a unbeaten run v hibs and in good shape...a poster on this very thread was using " slack passes" in a game of football as a stick to beat him with.

And ofc, we now don't play enough yooof and naebody else wants him,  so he cannae be that good.

It's beyond parody the lengths some go to.

There is more, but the trend is clear-

Bob proves the rabids wrong, delivers what they demand so they move the goal posts and go mental when we lose a few games or even draw.

This also includes rubbishing many balanced posters who take a lot of abuse when they say positive things about the Hearts manager on a Hearts forum.

One particular poster followed me around continually replying to me " 3rd by Xmas- you said " in some sort of ridiculous trolling attempt. 

Another Has never witnessed a bad word against Bob either....

It's laughable,  more so as many clear this forum and only return to spout bile when they see the opportunity. 

Tragic.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

lost in space
44 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

You would put transfers in ONLY the Pros as you are not balanced on this. Of course there is good and bad.

You can't tell when someone is inspirational or a motivator? Doesn't surprise me.

Your comparison on league positions is laughable.

And yes, I do complain that nobody has stolen my girlfriend.

lost in space
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

What is worth a discussion is the progress of the team that is made up by said players signed by said manager.

The last sentence is just nonsense and you are almost stating unless better teams want our manager he's not highly rated or much good. 

Does that go for our players as well, are they not "highly regarded" unless they piss off as well?

This is the problem with the posters that have a default setting that has been against Bob and when the chips are down they want him gone.

Left us in 2nd/3rd- left us, no PHM, jumped ship, hibs win the cup- his fault. Ignore planes and bed sheet brigade. 

Won the championship at a canter- we played shite, should play better, pub league.

Last season when we came  up, many predicted bottom 6- we coasted to 3rd, beat hibs and got beat of Rangers aet- expected,  should have beat a knackered Rangers, etc

This season early on- shite fitbaw, should do better, all while ignoring the quality of opposition and Injuries.  

We are now clear in 3rd again, on a unbeaten run v hibs and in good shape...a poster on this very thread was using " slack passes" in a game of football as a stick to beat him with.

And ofc, we now don't play enough yooof and naebody else wants him,  so he cannae be that good.

Bob proves the rabids wrong, delivers what they demand so they move the goal posts and go mental when we lose a few games or even draw.

This also includes rubbishing many balanced posters who take a lot of abuse when they say positive things about the Hearts manager on a Hearts forum.

One particular poster followed me around continually replying to me " 3rd by Xmas- you said " in some sort of ridiculous trolling attempt. 

It's laughable,  more so as many clear this forum and only return to spout bile when they see the opportunity. 

Tragic.

Do you never read over, before you post?

That "scattergun post" is all over the place and a rant.

14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tragic.

68BDA29A-297C-46F1-87B0-E77A2AD2C68D.gif

i wish jj was my dad
6 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Do you never read over, before you post?

That "scattergun post" is all over the place and a rant.

I'm not one for backing him up but on this occasion he is bang on. 

Just on the motivation point, something I've sort of wondered too. We started the game yesterday like a team possessed, so much so that it was impressive. The problem is, it shouldn't be impressive. It should be the norm. St Johnstone were totally taken aback and but for some criminally poor finishing we should have been at least a goal up in opening 10 minutes. However, Robbies teams also have a knack for grinding out results. 

That doesn't squarely fall on Robbies shoulders, IIRC Sergio used to leave a lot of the team talks and stuff around motivation to Gary Locke. It would be interesting to know who takes ownership of the team talks and if that is effective? Flip side is, being 3rd after an absolutely horrid start (Europe, injuries) is impressive and maybe there isn't an issue? Its kind of difficult to know. I do think we start most games too slowly and would like to see more of that aggression and attacking intent. 

4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Can we stop calling him Bob, please and thanks.

My personal favourite is 'Sherbet', but the recent 'Bobster' is sound.

What's your issue, exactly?

• davemclaren changed the title to Robbie Neilson ( merged )