Robbie Neilson ( merged )

Absolute Scenes

41 minutes ago, Snodders said:

Which goal?

The third one :D 

A bit tenuous maybe, but to be fair to him he’s second in assists this season behind only Snodgrass, which tells a story about our wide players.

Agree though he’s more suited to the holding midfielder role.  However I thought Snodgrass was excellent in that role last night and it allows Devlin to go chase and harass the opposition which suits us.  I think Snodgrass and Devlin are our best midfield combination and it’s telling our results have improved since they’ve had the chance to play together 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

• i wish jj was my dad

• BlueRiver

Robbie's doing fine. He's achieving what he should with the resources he's got. I could hope for more, but I certainly can't expect it and any roll of the dice would now be a serious gamble that wouldn't be worth taking. Robbie in!

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Don't rise to him. Remember he wanted Hibs to win the cup. No matter how much he wants us to forget that!

Hibs winning the cup....

Now we are getting to the root cause of your dislike for Bob and why you can only celebrate success through gritted teeth.

The Real reason you can never like Bob comes to the surface. 

You may not even know it yourself but as you default to hibs cup win, the unconscious mind reveals  all.

You really have to ask yourself- why in 2022 on a "Robbie Neilson" thread at a time we reclaim 3rd am I bringing up a hibs sc win to score points (lieing as well).

If you ask yourself that question,  and answer honestly then the truth will set you free.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah can see where you are coming from. 

There are those that are balanced as well ofc.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Me personally?  

If I think a player isn't good enough I hope and want to be incorrect about it and happy when proven wrong.  The last thing I want is any player to make a mistake for a goal and never once felt anything but crap when we concede a goal.

You are looking for an argument with the wrong person it seems.  For everyone slagging off people who are seemingly desperate for us to lose - some seem to be delighted in trying to cause arguments instead of just being happy we have came through to the end of the year so well.

It was never in doubt,  despite the noise and constant trolling by some.

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, Rods said:

My apologies super fan.

Don't take a throwaway comment a few days ago personally Rods.  Sorry if you have.  You're just looking for bother for no reason though.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It was never in doubt,  despite the noise and constant trolling by some.

Some are more confident than others mate.  I seem to over analyse everything and probably do look at what could negatively effect us more than I should but that's sadly just my nature as a football fan at times.   I never make noise for the sake of it though and trolling I have never done.  I'm usually here win lose or draw also and give praise as much as anyone when we are doing well.

9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hibs winning the cup....

Now we are getting to the root cause of your dislike for Bob and why you can only celebrate success through gritted teeth.

You may not even know it yourself but as you default to hibs cup win, the unconscious mind reveals  all.

You really have to ask yourself- why in 2022 on a "Robbie Neilson" thread at a time we reclaim 3rd am I bringing up a hibs sc win to score points (lieing as well).

If you ask yourself that question,  and answer honestly then the truth will set you free.

Haha You'll need to do better than this to get me biting Tosh. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Haha You'll need to do better than this to get me biting Tosh. 

Just trying to help you move on and stop discussing hibs wining the cup.

It's not healthy

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Just trying to help you move on and stop discussing hibs wining the cup.

It's not healthy

Thanks pal xxx

A_A wehatethehibs

We now have a proven, seasoned manager

Over 300 games management, seen the highs and lows. Managed all sorts of players, some successful, some unsuccessful. Brought young players bringing them from inconsistent level through to consistency to win them their first international caps from Calum Paterson to Lawrence Shankland at DU through to Cammy Devlin with a number of others. Eg Halkett, Souttar and others. 

Taken more experienced guys out from the cold and got them back in the conversation at international level eg Craig Gordon, Barrie McKay, Stephen Kingsley, Arnaud Djoum

All while never finishing below 3rd in any of his Hearts seasons. The results are there. We’ve played all different types of ways. Finding the path to a result. Sorted out 2 shambolic relegated messes, got promoted and reinstated the standards of Heart of Midlothian. 

And he’s committed here at our club for the long term.

Robbie Neilson is a big name at HMFC and he has an opportunity and I believe the talent to become one of the biggest. The man works his socks off for our club and deserves success and the embrace of the fans.

Can he take us to the next level? Absolutely yes. If he delivers Europe back to back, that is the next level by the way. Only by building that foundation is there any hope of a squad who could put on an eventual title challenge. Rome was not built in a day, the next level is consistent 3rd place finishes over 2-3-4 seasons building quality. Absolutely yes Robbie is a man who can take Hearts forward to that next level. 

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

ha ha lol.  That’s laughable. Half of this board has vanished over the past few weeks.  They will be back out of the hole they slithered into at the first sign of a bad result demanding heads.  

constructive criticism is fine btw, he’s far from perfect but usually it is delivered in a tirade of bile, nonsense and half truths tailored to fit a pathetic agenda.

Then I have missed this bile. Can you link to some of the bile and OTT abuse? 

50 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

A bit tenuous maybe, but to be fair to him he’s second in assists this season behind only Snodgrass, which tells a story about our wide players.

Agree though he’s more suited to the holding midfielder role.  However I thought Snodgrass was excellent in that role last night and it allows Devlin to go chase and harass the opposition which suits us.  I think Snodgrass and Devlin are our best midfield combination and it’s telling our results have improved since they’ve had the chance to play together 

Snodgrass just looks the part.

To think I was a bit meh about his signing.

49 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hibs winning the cup....

Take a deep breath.

Please don't take us down that road even if others try to.

2 hours ago, saxondale said:

Devlin - running and tackling

Snodgrass - guile and passing

You are offering part but not 

31 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Over 300 games management, seen the highs and lows. Managed all sorts of players, some successful, some unsuccessful. Brought young players bringing them from inconsistent level through to consistency to win them their first international caps from Calum Paterson to Lawrence Shankland at DU through to Cammy Devlin with a number of others. Eg Halkett, Souttar and others. 

Taken more experienced guys out from the cold and got them back in the conversation at international level eg Craig Gordon, Barrie McKay, Stephen Kingsley, Arnaud Djoum

All while never finishing below 3rd in any of his Hearts seasons. The results are there. We’ve played all different types of ways. Finding the path to a result. Sorted out 2 shambolic relegated messes, got promoted and reinstated the standards of Heart of Midlothian. 

Robbie Neilson is a big name at HMFC and he has an opportunity and I believe the talent to become one of the biggest. The man works his socks off for our club and deserves success and the embrace of the fans.

Can he take us to the next level? Absolutely yes. If he delivers Europe back to back, that is the next level by the way. Only by building that foundation is there any hope of a squad who could put on an eventual title challenge. Rome was not built in a day, the next level is consistent 3rd place finishes over 2-3-4 seasons building quality. Absolutely yes Robbie is a man who can take Hearts forward to that next level. 

Well said.  RN has improved as a manager even during this spell at the club.  We’re lucky to have him and a believe he has a vision to take us forward.  Onwards and upwards, giving him a bit support helps too.

37 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Exactly this, which perfectly illustrates that only complete nutcases would not want Neilson to be in charge for a long, long time to come.

One of their themes is that Neilson has taken us 'as far as he can', an utterly meaningless statement (challenge, can anyone explain what that means?). The logic appears to be that because he has done so well so far, he couldn't do any better and we should 'move on'. 

Working with the resources at his disposal, he consistently OVER-performs. Given more resources, he can and will take us further. Not only that, his teams play good, passing, attacking, entertaining football (in case his detractors failed to notice that too). 

We're 3rd and should comfortably secure that, I'd imagine before the split, which is a fantastic achievement. Well done to him for that.

Another deep run in the cup, ending Hibs' season in January in the process, and we can say it's a successful year.

Still not convinced he's the best manager we could possible get, but he's certainly a very good one.

13 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I like him with his balding head.

Its sensual.

14 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I like him with his balding head.

Its sensual.

😍😍😍

37 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Excellently put.

Given Neilson's stats and track record at Hearts (certainly relative to other Hearts managers / other managers in Scotland outwith the Old Firm), it really cannot be argued anymore that Neilson has not been a successful manager for us.  The only reasonable argument those opposed to Robbie have is the question of how much further he can take us.

It's a tough argument to present, as it's ultimately conjecture, but similarly its a tough argument to confront.  What can Robbie achieve in the future with Hearts?  None of us know for sure and we're all guessing.

I've had the question of 'what is the next level for Hearts' thrown at me (when I was showing support for Neilson, oddly), and this piece is the best summation I've seen.  A clear statement of what the next level is, and everything we have and are seeing from Neilson in this second stint suggests he can achieve this.

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Demanding...

Credit were it's due...

Ffs, you are one of the most entitled posters around.

You think Hearts are here to entertain you and Bob is here to deliver that.

You constantly ignore the fact that football is a competitive sport and there are two teams.

It's a theme of your posts.

It's like you are new to football .

"Credit we're it's due"....1st, 3rd, 1st, 3rd and now 3rd again atm...

:rofl:

Bob will be glad he is now meeting your demands tho. He'll sleep easy.

Yes myself and every other supporter. Your sycophantic praising everything he does is sick, you can't even see that constructive criticism is simply because we care for our club. Unlike you who never posts anything, other than to put down other posters and sook up Robbies butt.

What have you got to say about the slack passing last night? What have you to say about the goals scored? That's right NOTHING! because you don't support the club only the manager.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I actually wrote nancies but it autocorrected it to nonces, not intentional at all. But the point stands, a positive thread on our manager was long overdue

Not sure that’s exactly pc either but at least you’re not suggesting anyone with a differing opinion from you is someone who commits sex crimes against children!

As for long overdue - there’s positive threads on Robbie like every single day, that’s why I was scoffing at the need for another one!

I think in the past we would've chucked games like Motherwell, Livi, Utd and last night. 

Robbie has made a difference and you can see the team spirit. We haven't been at full strength and haven't been able to consistently play at full strength and we are still delivering.

Factor in the terrible VAR decisions at the 4 games mentioned and we are still getting something from the games.

Is he perfect - no, but he's certainly improving us given the circumstances and giving us a foundation to build on. 

Let's get players fit, a few January signings and get behind the team for another 3rd place finish and Europe. 

11 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Yes myself and every other supporter. Your sycophantic praising everything he does is sick, you can't even see that constructive criticism is simply because we care for our club. Unlike you who never posts anything, other than to put down other posters and sook up Robbies butt.

What have you got to say about the slack passing last night? What have you to say about the goals scored? That's right NOTHING! because you don't support the club only the manager.

Good post, totally agree

Naisys Tackle
20 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I actually wrote nancies but it autocorrected it to nonces, not intentional at all. But the point stands, a positive thread on our manager was long overdue

There's a positive thread on our manager ripping anyone who doubted him ie "la la la I was right suck it up the rest" after every win.  You don't have to look far :lol: 

Happy with the job RN and his team are doing.

How many of the current SPL managers would I take at Hearts?

1. Ange

We’re lucky to have Robbie.

1 hour ago, Getintaethem said:

Snodgrass has been an inspired signing. Just a top player. 

I was a little sceptical about Shankland. Neilson obviously knew him and his pursuit of him has been rewarded. 

Need to address defence and possibly another keeper until end of the season. Starting to play out as we largely all knew to be the case, that our squad is far stronger than Hibs and Aberdeen. Both have big problems with support turning on their respective managers. 

Edited by Carter

Just now, ShedBoy said:

Happy with the job RN and his team are doing.

How many of the current SPL managers would I take at Hearts?

1. Ange

We’re lucky to have Robbie.

Agreed. Although very conservative of any lead we get, he has an undeniably impressive record as Hearts manager and there isn't anyone in the league that I would want in his place tbh.

I P Knightley
14 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm 100% certain that 3rd isn't good enough for him.  If it wasn't for the catastrophic injury toll we would be a lot closer to second.  He will be more frustrated than anyone by that.

I know we're not the only club hit by injuries.  Hibs have been hard hit too but nowhere near to the same extent.

The thing about Hibs being hit by injuries is that it means that they have fewer Hibs players available, which can only be a good thing.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Robbie's doing fine. He's achieving what he should with the resources he's got. I could hope for more, but I certainly can't expect it and any roll of the dice would now be a serious gamble that wouldn't be worth taking. Robbie in!

Succinct and accurate.

Hearts is a well-run and decently funded club but the clubs ahead of us are in a different stratosphere financially and probably not quite as well run give their resources. (This year's Euro shambles is my evidence, m'lud.)

Were we ever to get to the point where we matched them financially and were still sitting 15-20 points behind them in the league, it would be fair to have a pop.

I do wonder whether the folk who constantly whine and whinge about mistakes and dropped points here and there actually call themselves "supporters" or if there's another term that applies. I don't enjoy going to games where I'm within earshot of these goons; I can't imagine what they think they're doing to support the team.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Perfectly put.

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Snodgrass just looks the part.

To think I was a bit meh about his signing.

I think feeling a bit meh when he signed was fair enough - could have been a Glen Whelan signing.

I hope he signs a year's extension with us.

Naisys Tackle
13 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Easy money!

Started well...concerns in the middle and strolled towards the end.  Sounds familiar ;) 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Then I have missed this bile. Can you link to some of the bile and OTT abuse? 

:lol:
It’s in the poster’s head.

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Slack passing....

It happens under every manager and in every game.

Why?

Because there is another team trying to stop you and they get in the way.

Are you new to football or do you just discount the other team and surely you don't think Bob sets out to misdirect passes, or are you saying "slack passing " is a Tactic that our manager insists we carry out?

I do criticise Bob,  you just miss it as it's not fuming,  emotional, made up abusive drivel.

I've said in the past week we don't get enough shots at goal and it's an issue.Even last night we never had enough shots on target.

I just don't fall of a cliff and go mental after every poor result or ...slack pass and go straight to phoodle oot.

And as for constructive criticism...have one of these...:notsure:

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Thunder and Lightning
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:lol:
It’s in the poster’s head.

I'm starting to think that some on here are not right.  Making up nonsense to convince people they don't know that their point of view is right. 😆  Very Odd

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Thunder and Lightning said:

I'm starting to think that some on here are not right.  Making up nonsense to convince people they don't know that their point of view is right. 😆  Very Odd

It’s certainly strange behaviour.

They make up stuff to try and justify their slavering pish.

Ex member of the SaS
28 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Slack passing....

It happens under every manager and in every game.

Why?

Because there is another team trying to stop you and they get in the way.

Are you new to football or do you just discount the other team and surely you don't think Bob sets out to misdirect passes, or are you saying "slack passing " is a Tactic that our manager insists we carry out?

I do criticise Bob,  you just miss it as it's not fuming,  emotional, made up abusive drivel.

I've said in the past week we don't get enough shots at goal and it's an issue.Even last night we never had enough shots on target.

I just don't fall of a cliff and go mental after every poor result or ...slack pass and go straight to phoodle oot.

And as for constructive criticism...have one of these...:notsure:

Dig upwards, You never mention the game or how we play. All you do is try to put down those of use who know more than you and try to cover it up with nonsense. Don't bother to reply as you are on ignore.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Dig upwards, You never mention the game or how we play. All you do is try to put down those of use who know more than you and try to cover it up with nonsense. Don't bother to reply as you are on ignore.

Oh naw, I'll miss your banter, wit and balanced replies. 

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Good post, not to mention he has beaten Hibs twice at Hampden, once with a championship side, and took us as close to win the Scottish cup as you can possibly get against a Celtic side with far superior resources. 

We are fortune to have him, and in many ways benefiting from the thought that he has found his niche at Hearts

I'm enjoying Hearts on the whole just now.

A settled management with definite board backing.

And Neilsons improving.

Hearts are very easy on the eye and the team is improving individually and in our movement .

Decent signings ,what seems like good team spirit.

Stability like never before off the park.

And a new young team doing us proud.

Neilson takes the blame then he can take the credit.

Also just want to repeat.

Despite some of the results European football was brilliant for the club.

It's improved us in lots of ways.

From players to finances and our sound as fek supporters

2 hours ago, DxB Hearts said:

Still not convinced he's the best manager we could possible get, but he's certainly a very good one.

I think the point is that it doesn't matter if he's the best manager we could possibly get.

Robbie isn't the best manager it's possible to get, but he's quality, and he's Hearts manager. Just like how Robbo wasn't the best striker we could possibly get, but he was quality, and he was Hearts striker.

"Ott abuse" is just in football terms, where partisanship is expected. In reality, we're talking about blatant disrespect towards a guy who's more than earned the right to a bit of respect around here.

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Bejesus :lol: :lol: This thread certainly lived up to the expectations of how it was gonnae go. 

:av-1001:

• davemclaren changed the title to Robbie Neilson ( merged )