Robbie Neilson ( merged )

Absolute Scenes

Absolute Scenes

Sick and tired of seeing the negative stuff towards him. Has built a resilient team who currently sit in third place AGAIN

Tonight is not the only hoodoo he’s broken. Also helped break the st Mirren away duct too. Beaten Hibs twice at Hampden. Very pleased for him.

what tonight did show was how frustrating the players can be. Neilson was going absolutely tonto at the sloppy passing and errors, showing that the players know what the game plan is but just shite themselves and lose all sense of composure. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

• i wish jj was my dad

• BlueRiver

Great post. Totally agree and it's infuriating that so many if our support just cannot get behind him.

Edited by Jambos_1874

He deserves a lot of praise tonight. Found a winning formula for what was available and wasn’t afraid to change it.

Sent us out with real tempo, and was going beserk about the sloppy passing and how deep we dropped.

A manager who knows how to get third place in this league. Unlike our league rivals 

The players are all busting a gut for him. They are all definitely believing in him and the coaching staff that's for sure 

Just stop conceding ridiculously bad goals week on week and we'll be motoring  

Yeah, Robbie can't take responsibility for player errors. Grant should have scored in the opening 4 minutes. Misses like that can bite you. That 10 minute spell at the end of the 2nd half where we just couldn't hold onto the ball was ridiculous. Zero composure. 

He has built a very resilient team and the wonders of having a confident goal scorer at long last are paying dividends.  I hope we're onto Shanks in the summer for an extension. Got to keep time on that guys contract, an absolute machine in front of goal. 

Credit where it’s due, 3rd at the end of the year is well done. Wasn’t sure of the line up tonight, but for the most part worked. (My only slight, slight criticism would be playing Snodgrass deep, our midfield got overrun easily many times tonight)

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Sick and tired of seeing the negative stuff towards him. Has built a resilient team who currently sit in third place AGAIN

Tonight is not the only hoodoo he’s broken. Also helped break the st Mirren away duct too. Beaten Hibs twice at Hampden. Very pleased for him.

what tonight did show was how frustrating the players can be. Neilson was going absolutely tonto at the sloppy passing and errors, showing that the players know what the game plan is but just shite themselves and lose all sense of composure. 

Aye but Hibs won the cup 7 years ago booooooo 

Good post btw :spoton:

I like Robbie & think he's doing a great job but his insistence to drop so deep & try defend the rest of the game when we go ahead is infuriating.

Knows far more about Hearts, our players and football in general than his detractors.

Back to third. Doubt we will drop any lower this season now. 

1 minute ago, Pennywise said:

I like Robbie & think he's doing a great job but his insistence to drop so deep & try defend the rest of the game when we go ahead is infuriating.

Don't think he wanted that to happen.

He was going mental.

henrysmithsgloves
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Thank fooook I thought this was gonna be another boring neilson out thread....no manager has ever had my full support. He amongst a few are well up there ❤️❤️👍🏻😁

6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

He has also got the team  playing some really nice football, some of the passing tonight on a sodden pitch was a joy to watch.

We just need to stop those lulls when we get sloppy and give it away cheaply

What a game!!! All over them.

So much for Robbie never making a +ve start; so much for Cammy not being forward thinking; so much for Rowles not being all that good (his defensive headers stats must be through the roof); ditto Sibbick; so much for Halliday being shee-ite - not to mention Forrest.

So much for Robbie making -ve substitutions, and SO MUCH for McKay hiding. GO BAZZA!!!

Yet another hoodoo fixture seem to.

And, as for tonight's other matches?

Hahahaaaaa 😆😆😆

Hats off to The Gorgie. Loud & Proud. 😎

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Don't think he wanted that to happen.

He was going mental.

Fair enough. I'm not for a second suggesting I know better, just saying it's bloody infuriating to watch.

But I like the positive Robbie thread, long may it continue 👍🏼

I'm 100% certain that 3rd isn't good enough for him.  If it wasn't for the catastrophic injury toll we would be a lot closer to second.  He will be more frustrated than anyone by that.

I know we're not the only club hit by injuries.  Hibs have been hard hit too but nowhere near to the same extent.

Hope we can do well in the January window and get must of the wounded back.

The 2nd half of the season could be menorable.

6 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Thought this was another negative thread. Well said

Give the torn-faced disasters a chance and they will try to derail it as they always do.   Some severely damaged individuals.

Edited by frankblack

3 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

I'm not sure that's his doing. Some teams naturally drop deep when they have a slim lead to defend it (which is counterintuitive since the other team get more time and space). I think its probably just a consequence of not being that much better than the rest of teams in the league. We can all beat each other on a given day. Don't get me wrong, its ****ing annoying because its obvious it just creates more problems, but that opening intensity can't be maintained for that long. Kinda what annoyed me about the Grant miss tbh. More a waste while we had momentum, than just a wasted chance since its going to swing the other way eventually. 

Shooter McGavin

For a season that’s been hammered with injuries, and a congested fixture list with regards to European football, to be sitting clear 3rd with a game in hand by the New Year is pretty f****** good.

We’ve got one of the best strikers in the league who’s well on his way to 20+ goals this season and I still feel our best is yet to come.

Салатные палочки

With our injury problems this season, we've done brilliantly to be sitting third at the end of the year. The manager should take a lot of credit for that. In the past week we've beaten a team we haven't in christ knows how long and won at a ground we haven't won at in, well christ knows how long. 7 points in a week including two away games. 

You will never please the old firm wannabe supporters, their delusions of Grandeur are off the scale, they will never stop the negativity. Its how they live.

It's much easier to sit back, watch the games then head onto the match thread afterwards for the fantastic entertainment.

Tonight's match thread is truly epic. 

Shooter McGavin
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Give the torn-faced disasters a chance and they will try to derail it as they always do.   Some severely damaged individuals.

You only hear from them when we lose or draw, never see them give the players or the manager any credit when we win.

They’ll be utterly destroyed that we won tonight 

:verysmug:

Naisys Tackle

The management team seem to be learning and improving and have a way to deal with lots of adversity. 

Well done Robbie - have a great NY - you deserve it. 

5 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

A convincing win next week will turn the minority that still grumble, and we will be in a great place. Great post btw. 

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Give the torn-faced disasters a chance and they will try to detail it as they always do.   Some severely damaged individuals.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Just ignore the doubters.    A tiny minority of bitter people who can’t get over a game from 2016

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

You will never please the old firm wannabe supporters, their delusions of Grandeur are off the scale, they will never stop the negativity. Its how they live.

It's much easier to sit back, watch the games then head onto the match thread afterwards for the fantastic entertainment.

Tonight's match thread is truly epic. 

Guys, this has been an almost entirely positive thread. The only negativity is coming from you all about other supporters. Wasn’t following the the match day thread religiously, so don’t know if it’s in response to that, but as far as this thread goes, everyone has been positive about the manager. Unless this is in reference to previous Neilson threads, in which case fans are entitled to criticise where it’s due. It’s not due tonight, hence no negativity. 🤷🏼‍♂️

maroonedinbriz
7 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

What a game!!! All over them.

So much for Robbie never making a +ve start; so much for Cammy not being forward thinking; so much for Rowles not being all that good (his defensive headers stats must be through the roof); ditto Sibbick; so much for Halliday being shee-ite - not to mention Forrest.

So much for Robbie making -ve substitutions, and SO MUCH for McKay hiding. GO BAZZA!!!

Yet another hoodoo fixture seem to.

And, as for tonight's other matches?

Hahahaaaaa 😆😆😆

Hats off to The Gorgie. Loud & Proud. 😎

Hearts tv stated May was giving Rowles a bit of a roasting.

henrysmithsgloves
5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm 100% certain that 3rd isn't good enough for him.  If it wasn't for the catastrophic injury toll we would be a lot closer to second.  He will be more frustrated than anyone by that.

I know we're not the only club hit by injuries.  Hibs have been hard hit too but nowhere near to the same extent.

Hope we can do well in the January window and get must of the wounded back.

The 2nd half of the season could be menorable.

3rd isn't good enough for any jambo...we will never have the finances of the cheeks..savage and neilson are buying smart and within our limits and are so far doing a decent job. We will get there❤️❤️❤️

Well said OP.

4 points from 2 tough away games is very decent considering the injuries at tannadice.

and when we pump the junkies on Monday it’s a superb sequence. 
Robbie is doing a superb job and let’s face it it’s only a few who have some sort of agenda and they account for a tiny minority as ST sales and waiting lists prove. Add in the outstanding FOH subs and the fact they have never tailed off in the financial crisis we are all in and it is clear as day.

that tonight given other results is just fantastic. Let’s beat the vermin and go even more clear

With all due respect, Robbie contributed to that hoodoo more than any other manager. Tonight was his 7th attempt at winning away at Saints so it was about time. 

I credit Robbie where he deserves it, and as I always say, his record speaks for itself. It does seem mental to criticise him when he's delivered 2 promotions and 2 third place finishes in his only 4 full seasons.

But, I do fully understand the sceptics and am guilty of siding with them myself. Once again, we were a goal or 2 up and cruising in a game only to make hard work of it. That's Neilson down to a tee. Also, we've got a derby coming up which we should be wildly confident for. Only there's seeds of doubt in my mind, purely because of Neilson's track record of sitting off Hibs.

To summarise, I do believe he's a safe pair of hands and I'm happy with him, but I'm still convinced we could do better, and I'm still not 100% confident in his abilities.

InternationalJambo
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Guys, this has been an almost entirely positive thread. The only negativity is coming from you all about other supporters. Wasn’t following the the match day thread religiously, so don’t know if it’s in response to that, but as far as this thread goes, everyone has been positive about the manager. Unless this is in reference to previous Neilson threads, in which case fans are entitled to criticise where it’s due. It’s not due tonight, hence no negativity. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Who had him on the bingo?

This team keep going til the final whistle. He has instilled some fight in our squad. He has to come in for criticism when it's due, but some folk seem to dwell on the negatives when he also deserves a ton of praise at times.

24 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Credit where it’s due, 3rd at the end of the year is well done. Wasn’t sure of the line up tonight, but for the most part worked. (My only slight, slight criticism would be playing Snodgrass deep, our midfield got overrun easily many times tonight)

Bit of a catch 22. Without Snodgrass deep we tend to pass across the back or just launch it. He is central to all our attacking play starts.

However, he's great in possession, but terrible without it.

Devlin needs to do more to cover in my opinion, with his energy, but was not up to it tonight I thought.

We still miss Beni...

• davemclaren changed the title to Robbie Neilson ( merged )