• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

• i wish jj was my dad

• BlueRiver

Naisys Tackle
19 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Probably why literally no one on the planet refers to Robbie as an ‘upcoming manager’?  

He was when he came back to Dundee Utd and could easily go onto bigger things in the future. 

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He was when he came back to Dundee Utd and could easily go onto bigger things in the future. 

By definition he wasn't up and coming, he was on the way back down to a club smaller than where he'd started his managerial career.

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

By definition he wasn't up and coming, he was on the way back down to a club smaller than where he'd started his managerial career.

Fair do's I meant he's a fairly new manager who has a bright future in management. 

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Fair do's I meant he's a fairly new manager who has a bright future in management. 

Aye, although he's in a funny position. I think clubs in England might think he's at his level after the MK Dons thing, while he's not a big enough name for the OF. We might be able to keep hold of him for a while, if everyone's happy. Well, not everyone, obviously.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He probably will but he's not really linked with other jobs, failure at one club really doesn’t seem to put clubs off other managers.

McInnes was the same, must be the contempt they have for our game. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He probably will but he's not really linked with other jobs, failure at one club really doesn’t seem to put clubs off other managers.

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Aye, although he's in a funny position. I think clubs in England might think he's at his level after the MK Dons thing, while he's not a big enough name for the OF. We might be able to keep hold of him for a while, if everyone's happy. Well, not everyone, obviously.

Its a weird one guys when wee Shan Maloney and Caldwell get jobs down there after being pish up here, even Hecky ffs.  Johnson will be the same when the vermin finally punt him.  Yet Robbie because of one disaster doesn't seem to interest anyone.   The worry of course is Savage gets poached then fancies to take Robbie to his next club.   Happy he is under the radar though.  

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Its a weird one guys when wee Shan Maloney and Caldwell get jobs down there after being pish up here, even Hecky ffs.  Johnson will be the same when the vermin finally punt him.  Yet Robbie because of one disaster doesn't seem to interest anyone.   The worry of course is Savage gets poached then fancies to take Robbie to his next club.   Happy he is under the radar though.  

We maybe just don't hear about it, don’t remember anything about Rotherham approaching him before appointing Stubbs, RN revealed that. 

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I honestly think that he's probably gotten feeler questions from a number of flailing English clubs thinking they could nose him out a la Blackpool coming in with lowball offers for Sibbick, and they've been told quietly that there's no chance.

He went to MK Dons in part to move from Head Coach to full Manager.  At this point he's not going to anything less than a serious promotion candidate in the Championship if he goes south. If we have a magical season in Europe next season, he'll be able to go even higher.

EDIT: I'll also add that I think Savage, like Robbie, sees Hearts as not only a great gig for the now, but as a real career elevator if he can make a serious title challenge to the OF, even if we still end up third when it's done. If we manage that under them, they'll be able to write their own tickets.

Edited by Led Tasso

Humphrys hit the nail on the head when he ridiculed the English perception of the game up here.

If I’m brutally honest I think Hearts is the biggest gig Neilson will ever get. But that’s not necessarily a criticism. I don’t see the likes of Wigan or Sunderland as a step up, at least not a major one. 

Hopefully he focuses all his efforts on working out how to take that next step to get us closer to the OF. That will be Savage’s focus and that of the board who will be working hard to give as much backing as we can. 

Naisys Tackle
36 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I honestly think that he's probably gotten feeler questions from a number of flailing English clubs thinking they could nose him out a la Blackpool coming in with lowball offers for Sibbick, and they've been told quietly that there's no chance.

He went to MK Dons in part to move from Head Coach to full Manager.  At this point he's not going to anything less than a serious promotion candidate in the Championship if he goes south. If we have a magical season in Europe next season, he'll be able to go even higher.

EDIT: I'll also add that I think Savage, like Robbie, sees Hearts as not only a great gig for the now, but as a real career elevator if he can make a serious title challenge to the OF, even if we still end up third when it's done. If we manage that under them, they'll be able to write their own tickets.

Serious promotion challengers wont be in for Robbie.  Not a chance when you see the managers they attract.  Lennon left Celtic and ended up at Wigan having won the league and done not bad in the CL.  Alex Neils now at Stoke.  That could be perhaps the best he could go to should we ever manage to challenge the Old Firm.    Just my opinion.  

Naisys Tackle
56 minutes ago, R9. said:

Honestly cannot see any English team pushing for promotion to the prem taking a manager from Scotland on it’s just the world we live in football terms now.  Jack Ross hardly got time at Sunderland, even further down Hartley at Hartlepool no one gets time. Robbie isn’t leaving Hearts knowing fine well his job here is for as long as he wants no danger anyone is getting rid of him.

Duncan Ferguson time at F Green won’t last long to 😂

Apart from Oxo tits at Celtic I completely agree. 

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Serious promotion challengers wont be in for Robbie.  Not a chance when you see the managers they attract.  Lennon left Celtic and ended up at Wigan having won the league and done not bad in the CL.  Alex Neils now at Stoke.  That could be perhaps the best he could go to should we ever manage to challenge the Old Firm.    Just my opinion.  

At the time Wigan were a long surviving EPL club though. Neil went from Hamilton to Norwich and got them into the Championship playoffs and won them. That says to me that a Hearts manager that, say, makes it to the knockout rounds of the UECL could get called to takeover at a 6th place Championship side whose manager got taken by a sliding EPL club.

1 hour ago, R9. said:

Honestly cannot see any English team pushing for promotion to the prem taking a manager from Scotland on it’s just the world we live in football terms now.  Jack Ross hardly got time at Sunderland, even further down Hartley at Hartlepool no one gets time. Robbie isn’t leaving Hearts knowing fine well his job here is for as long as he wants no danger anyone is getting rid of him.

Duncan Ferguson time at F Green won’t last long to 😂

As mentioned above, Neil at Norwich was exactly that.

Byyy The Light
4 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You’re bonkers if you think Savage has the clout to pull Robbie’s strings 

17 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

You’re bonkers if you think Savage has the clout to pull Robbie’s strings 

I don't think it's absurd to think that a big English club could get both as a packaged deal with a rather substantial pay raise and probably a decent fee for Hearts. I don't want either to leave any time soon but if they get that chance we can't begrudge them for taking it.

2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I think Robbie's had his wee jaunt down south. Whilst he may end up going back, I don't think it will be as knee jerk and ill judged as his move to MK Dons. He probably grew a lot as a manager there, but was always on a hiding to nothing IMO.  He's got time and support to build something here, and I think that suits him. I don't think many managers in football enjoy the level of support he's being afforded by the board. If he went back down south, its right back into the rat race/sack race and looking at unemployment again in c18 months. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, OTT said:

I think Robbie's had his wee jaunt down south. Whilst he may end up going back, I don't think it will be as knee jerk and ill judged as his move to MK Dons. He probably grew a lot as a manager there, but was always on a hiding to nothing IMO.  He's got time and support to build something here, and I think that suits him. I don't think many managers in football enjoy the level of support he's being afforded by the board. If he went back down south, its right back into the rat race/sack race and looking at unemployment again in c18 months. 

True, but cash dictates a lot.

If there is money thrown at him he may well go.

Getting sacked means little,  you still get paid.

Some managers make a good living if Getting sacked down there.

I think he might be the next Scotland manager.

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

An offer will probably just come out the blue one day . They do have contempt for our game , even at levels where we would likely give them a lasting like League 1 and much of the Championship . Listen to Humps SKY Sports interview for an insight in to that https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12813072/keepers-might-have-clicked-onto-it-stephen-humphrys-on-his-hearts-wonder-goal

The Goalscoring Knee
36 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Listen to Humps SKY Sports interview for an insight in to that 

It's only a couple of minutes but he always comes across really well whenever he's interviewed.

Just now, The Goalscoring Knee said:

It's only a couple of minutes but he always comes across really well whenever he's interviewed.

Totally . It is so obvious the boy loves it here , and would be depressed as **** giving it all up to go and run around in circles in a shite Northern English town while being shouted at by Willow 

pettigrewsstylist

Proper chase for 2nd over a few sustained seasons, a few upsets in Europe, cup win. These are the only sort of headlines that would get him a bigger gig that a sold out tynie with 3k away fans regularly. He probably knows that at this stage of his journey.

Job security at hearts. He wont get this level of stability anywhere else to see any "project" through.

Savage leaving could change things.

pettigrewsstylist
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Totally . It is so obvious the boy loves it here , and would be depressed as **** giving it all up to go and run around in circles in a shite Northern English town while being shouted at by Willow 

Humps is laying his marker down by being honest in his replies. 

Just dont know how we would stack up with other offers wage package if Wigan decide to let him go. No real idea what the disparity between our best and what he may be offered is. I wouldnt think we need to be his best ££ offer, but the gap may too large for him to ignore at his stage of career.

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Humps is laying his marker down by being honest in his replies. 

Just dont know how we would stack up with other offers wage package if Wigan decide to let him go. No real idea what the disparity between our best and what he may be offered is. I wouldnt think we need to be his best ££ offer, but the gap may too large for him to ignore at his stage of career.

I think that is probably fair . If it is just a marginal difference in wages on offer else where , then you are far better staying where you are doing well and loved by the fans . Big money offer from else where , that complicates things some what 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I think that is probably fair . If it is just a marginal difference in wages on offer else where , then you are far better staying where you are doing well and loved by the fans . Big money offer from else where , that complicates things some what 

Depends what he wants from career. He is never going to get euro football and cup finals in England.

This is where, i beleive, RN is strong. Good man mgmt versus no contact at all matters. 

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

25 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Depends what he wants from career. He is never going to get euro football and cup finals in England.

This is where, i beleive, RN is strong. Good man mgmt versus no contact at all matters. 

Neilson or Maloney , its a tough choice there right enough