Harry and Meghan

ri Alban

She grew up in America and then they claim the UK is racist or she is more at risk in UK for being mixed race. Not having UK is more racist than USA.

Didn't even realise she was a woman of colour until she pointed it out.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Nucky Thompson

• jambopilms

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

She grew up in America and then they claim the UK is racist or she is more at risk in UK for being mixed race. Not having UK is more racist than USA.

The problem is it’s the racists who noted she was a person of colour 

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

It's my experience that the US/New York is significantly more racist than London. Like you I didn't know she was of mixed heritage, despite having been an avid fan of her performance in suits.

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Fair comment

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

But surely that's a small minority and that would be found in any country and likely a stuffy posh family like the royals. 

A bit shite to suggest a whole country is racist and just another way of claiming to be a victim and rich considering Harry was dressed as a nazi for a laugh, would that not put a proud woman of colour off for life ?

But surely that's a small minority and that would be found in any country and likely a stuffy posh family like the royals. 

A bit shite to suggest a whole country is racist and just another way of claiming to be a victim and rich considering Harry was dressed as a nazi for a laugh, would that not put a proud woman of colour off for life ?

Suggest you have a read through the thread about the queen's auld biddy that racially abused that poor charity worker for an insight into how racist folks from this wee island can be. 👍

1 minute ago, the posh bit said:

Suggest you have a read through the thread about the queen's auld biddy that racially abused that poor charity worker for an insight into how racist folks from this wee island can be. 👍

Again some posh sort, not a whole country or anywhere near the majority.

She turned a blind eye to her husband dressed as a Nazi but has had a problem with literally everything else to do with anything 

Just now, jambopilms said:

She turned a blind eye to her husband dressed as a Nazi but has had a problem with literally everything else to do with anything 

That's up there. 😁

18 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

She didn't experience racism (that she was aware of) until an angry motorist called her Mum a n**g*r. Think when she was late teens.

But agree it's a stretch for an American to accuse Britain of being a racist country which is what they do in episode 3.

Again some posh sort, not a whole country or anywhere near the majority.

Harry also called an army collegue a P*** as well, that was a year after the nazi uniform gaffe.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-harry-idUSTRE5092E720090111

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

She didn't experience racism (that she was aware of) until an angry motorist called her Mum a n**g*r. Think when she was late teens.

But agree it's a stretch for an American to accuse Britain of being a racist country which is what they do in episode 3.

Its just a thing on their list to moan about to prove she was right to leave the "firm", when she knew what they were about before the wedding, still had the massive wedding which made her universally famous and wealthy, had no intention of being a working royal and is milking it for every penny but blames everyone else. 

Without the excuses and being a victim she is just an opportunistic chancer.

She is an opertunistic chancer.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Harry also called an army collegue a P*** as well, that was a year after the nazi uniform gaffe.

Has the proud woman of colour ever addressed this ? Seems like the last person someone like her would marry. Unless of course he could make you famous. Same reason she was sniffing around the made in Chelsea bunch.

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Honestly I think it’s in us all here. I’m still quite racist and bigotted and I’ll be honest I can’t help it. 
My daughter has made me a much better person though and pulls me up all the time when I’ve said things that I think are funny or were common place when I was growing up. 
I don’t hate anyone though but I’m a casual bigot/racist. 
It’s like anything though it takes time and it’s much better now. 

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Honestly I think it’s in us all here. I’m still quite racist and bigotted and I’ll be honest I can’t help it. 
My daughter has made me a much better person though and pulls me up all the time when I’ve said things that I think are funny or were common place when I was growing up. 
I don’t hate anyone though but I’m a casual bigot/racist. 
It’s like anything though it takes time and it’s much better now. 

Good posting .👍👍

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

20221208_220529.jpg

20221208_220544.jpg

Dunno if you listen to James O’Brien on LBC but he done a bit the other day about the headlines that William and Kate got in comparison to Harry and Meghan. It was really funny but eye opening. 
I’ve seen stuff on twitter about stuff always coming from Kensington Palace too (William and Kate) that were fed to the press. 

Honestly I’m embarrassed I’m posting about this 😂 cos I don’t GAF I swear but it was eye opening the difference in their treatment 

43 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Unsure if it’s a minority to be honest . I just think people actually think they aren’t racist but then do something or say something which is clearly racist , for example lady Susan. If they are able to understand why their attitudes or believes are racist and can change then that’s fine . If they still insist they aren’t racist ( sorry have made racist comments etc. ) then that’s a problem. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Dunno if you listen to James O’Brien on LBC but he done a bit the other day about the headlines that William and Kate got in comparison to Harry and Meghan. It was really funny but eye opening. 
I’ve seen stuff on twitter about stuff always coming from Kensington Palace too (William and Kate) that were fed to the press. 

Honestly I’m embarrassed I’m posting about this 😂 cos I don’t GAF I swear but it was eye opening the difference in their treatment 

I stole the images from his twitter 😂😂

He did a bit today saying getting royal correspondents to cover this is like getting the accused to cover their trial. 

6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Good posting .👍👍

I totally get that too. There is a generational thing of people who don't hate anyone, but who were brought up with certain attitudes and language that was prevalent and accepted in society. True story. When I was a kid, I had a paint set. It had little pots like miniature milk churns with the colours labelled on the top. There were two I didn't understand, one was 'Prussian Blue', the other one was 'N**** Brown'. It has stuck in my mind all these years, and I wish I'd kept it as a piece of social history to show people how much things have changed for the better. We all know it's wrong, and why, but that social programming can be hard for folks to shake off. Times change though, and I'm heartened by how younger generations are more inclusive and willing to call stuff out when they see it. 

Edited by Daktari

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s been utterly disgusting the snide comments and under lying racism Megan has received . It really is. She’s her own woman unlike that boring stepford wife Kate . She has basically been a handmaiden to William . Hasn’t got any opinions it seems , is bland and non controversial whereas Megan is a self made woman . 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I watched a clip of that (he's done a few), it's a hilarious watch. He absolutely destroys the Daily Heil ❤️

1 minute ago, Daktari said:

I totally get that too. There is a generational thing of people who don't hate anyone, but who were brought up with certain attitudes and language that was prevalent and accepted in society. True story. When I was a kid, I had a paint set. It had little pots like miniature milk churns with the clouds labelled on the top. There were two I didn't understand, one was 'Prussian Blue', the other one was 'N**** Brown'. It has stuck in my mind all these years, and I wish I'd kept it as a piece of social history to show people how much things have changed for the better. We all know it's wrong, and why, but that social programming can be hard for folks to shake off. Times change though, and I'm heartened by how younger generations are more inclusive and willing to call stuff out when they see it. 

Yes younger people are certainly more attuned to the sensitivity’s of race and language . 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s been utterly disgusting the snide comments and under lying racism Megan has received . It really is. She’s her own woman unlike that boring stepford wife Kate . She has basically been a handmaiden to William . Hasn’t got any opinions it seems , is bland and non controversial whereas Megan is a self made woman . 

Married into a racist family for self gain, very inspiring 

9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ll need to locate that 

Just now, jambopilms said:

In your opinion . Maybe she met someone she fell in love with ? 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

And she had already been a success as such long before meeting harry 

5 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

I watched a clip of that (he's done a few), it's a hilarious watch. He absolutely destroys the Daily Heil ❤️

I still cover up the Daily Heil each morning in my local shop with a copy of the much more accurate Daily Star. Petty I know but it makes me feel slightly better. 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’ll need to locate that 

James O’Brien? 
Not sure if it’s on FM I listen on DAB. LBC is the channel. 
Even if you don’t agree with him on certain stuff he’s very good and makes you think. 

Edited by jack D and coke

5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

In your opinion . Maybe she met someone she fell in love with ? 

She didn't marry one of the security. He is as much of a royal as the rest of them, and she hates the royals, the stuffiness and the formalities. He was exactly what she claims to now hate including the racist part.

Claims to hate the formalities and yet still had the wedding

Edited by jambopilms

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I still cover up the Daily Heil each morning in my local shop with a copy of the much more accurate Daily Star. Petty I know but it makes me feel slightly better. 

Every little helps. 👍

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

James O’Brien? 
Not sure if it’s on FM I listen on DAB. LBC is the channel. 
Even if you don’t agree with him on certain stuff he’s very good and makes you think. 

Yeah I’ll look for it 

1 minute ago, Ked said:

Define success?

Seems to have reasonable success as an actress and a relatively good income which she earned and wasn’t given by the state 

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

The damage these papers have done to this country and I mean the uk as a whole too. 
The Mail, the Express etc honestly they’re utter vermin. 

Moaning about having to bow to the queen. Its like joining the fire brigade and moaning because they asked you to put out a fire.

She thought she was going to be the important one and change them all to her ways. Neither of them could stand being second fiddle to William and Kate. Jumped ship because it's how to to be centre stage for a while. Even folk who were on the side will get fed up of the millionaire having a hard time story and the racist prince  telling us how bad the royals are.

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The damage these papers have done to this country and I mean the uk as a whole too. 
The Mail, the Express etc honestly they’re utter vermin. 

They have done immeasurable damage however all but a couple of the popular dailys are right - wing trash. Why is this? 

jack D and coke
Just now, the posh bit said:

They have done immeasurable damage however all but a couple of the popular dailys are right - wing trash. Why is this? 

Their owners I guess. 
I watched an interview with Frankie Boyle who said he was staying in the same hotel as that rodent Murdoch and he watched him go through what was to be the stories in his papers daily. Just put a marker pen through stuff and ensured the stuff he wanted out was going out. 
The public are groomed by these pricks. 
To agree with whatever and hate whatever. 
All around the world that is. 

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Their owners I guess. 
I watched an interview with Frankie Boyle who said he was staying in the same hotel as that rodent Murdoch and he watched him go through what was to be the stories in his papers daily. Just put a marker pen through stuff and ensured the stuff he wanted out was going out. 
The public are groomed by these pricks. 
To agree with whatever and hate whatever. 
All around the world that is. 

People have definitely been groomed but I don't think that it is just that. I'm nearly 50 and for most of my life this country has voted for right wing crazies and read right-wing racist rags. 

jack D and coke
Just now, the posh bit said:

People have definitely been groomed but I don't think that it is just that. I'm nearly 50 and for most of my life this country has voted for right wing crazies and read right-wing racist rags. 

Well you’re the same age as me. 
Murdoch has been around for most of my life and has pretty much installed the govts he’s wanted. I read a bit about John major expressing concern about his influence when he was PM. 

Thatcher got the media onside or they got her onside perhaps and we’ve been on a path ever since. 

9 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

I DO NOT want to turn this into any kind of independence or 'anti English' thread, but by saying  'this country' we have to recognise that we generally get the government that England votes for. Not saying that we don't have our share of crazies too, but there are societal differences.

periodictabledancer
33 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Moaning about having to bow to the queen. Its like joining the fire brigade and moaning because they asked you to put out a fire.

She thought she was going to be the important one and change them all to her ways. Neither of them could stand being second fiddle to William and Kate. Jumped ship because it's how to to be centre stage for a while. Even folk who were on the side will get fed up of the millionaire having a hard time story and the racist prince  telling us how bad the royals are.

I love the fact that H&M are getting under the skin, really getting  under the skin,  of so many obsessed weirdos who are consumed by  utter trivia  while a nation starves & freezes. It sums this country up. 

3 minutes ago, Daktari said:

I DO NOT want to turn this into any kind of independence or 'anti English' thread, but by saying  'this country' we have to recognise that we generally get the government that England votes for. Not saying that we don't have our share of crazies too, but there are societal differences.

Definitely. 

3 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

I love the fact that H&M are getting under the skin, really getting  under the skin,  of so many obsessed weirdos who are consumed by  utter trivia  while a nation starves & freezes. It sums this country up. 

The obsessed weirdos just want H&M to live privately and to leave them in peace too. 😁

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, the posh bit said:

The obsessed weirdos just want H&M to live privately and to leave them in peace too. 😁

You're right,  in a "why can't they just feck off & shut up" kinda way. 👍

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Daktari said:

The thing that rips my jimmys more that anything else is that independence is hating the English. 
I can’t speak for everyone of course and there is no doubt there is absolute halfwits who are that way but it’s never been that for me. 
England and the English are loved by me. 
Im even softening to this WC bid  

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The thing that rips my jimmys more that anything else is that independence is hating the English. 
I can’t speak for everyone of course and there is no doubt there is absolute halfwits who are that way but it’s never been that for me. 

I was with you until the last sentence 😂😂. I have to live down here if they win 😬😬

jack D and coke
Just now, Notts1874 said:

I was with you until the last sentence 😂😂. I have to live down here if they win 😬😬

:lol: id imagine that might be a proper mare man but I just can’t find anything to dislike about this current England side.
Some of their pundits wind me up but it’s a likeable team full of good lads and if they do it then fair enough. 

I think we have to take into account we have a deeply troubled young man who lost his mother as a very young child

i’ve always thought he was someone who just did not want to be a royal

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol: id imagine that might be a proper mare man but I just can’t find anything to dislike about this current England side.
Some of their pundits wind me up but it’s a likeable team full of good lads and if they do it then fair enough. 

I don't dislike any of the players but I will never want the England football team to win anything. All my English mates know that and they know it goes no further than that 😂😂

9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don't know anyone who wants independence because they hate the English but I don't doubt they exist.