Harry and Meghan

ri Alban

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I guess that the two are intertwined.

In court (or in court documents), he's saying that the press made up all these stories about him so he thought, "What's the point? I may as well take these drugs they say I'm taking; it won't change anything."

So, in condemning the press for their shitheadedness, he's also admitting that he's got a drug-taking history.

The suggestion seems to be that US Immigration will not care about the reason for it but will just look at the admission that he's tooted and toked his way through his teens and twenties. By having volunteered that information in his bookiewook, he's kind of shot himself in the foot. Reading between the lines, he's filled out a visa form on which he's probably ticked a box saying he isn't a drug fiend. All it takes is one petty immigration official to put the two together and he could be banished to Canada. And it appears that there are plenty in the media willing to point this all out for any petty immigration officials who might be looking in.

Ok but don’t you have to be charged with a drug offence? 
Surely it’s not just saying it that can get him thrown out?

Cannabis not legal now over there anyway? 

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Nucky Thompson

• jambopilms

22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65794858.amp

Gives a good overview. Not just cannabis either but even that is legal in some states but remains illegal at a federal level which is what I'd admission is the level that's cared about for immigration purposes. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65794858.amp

Gives a good overview. Not just cannabis either but even that is legal in some states but remains illegal at a federal level which is what I'd admission is the level that's cared about for immigration purposes. 

Fair enough.
Seems bizarre they’d throw him out for that though when American diplomats spouses can kill people with reckless driving and just leave the country through diplomatic immunity laws and face no charges for whatsoever. 

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Fair enough.
Seems bizarre they’d throw him out for that though when American diplomats spouses can kill people with reckless driving and just leave the country through diplomatic immunity laws and face no charges for whatsoever. 

Aye that was a sickening episode. Really showed the horrible aspects of diplomatic immunity. Bot the first time though. Police woman killed from the Libyan embassy years ago was another disgusting affair. 

But aye I thought it was weird that it seemed to have got anywhere beyond the media making a stir. Perhaps a dishonesty aspect more than the actual drug taking? 

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Aye that was a sickening episode. Really showed the horrible aspects of diplomatic immunity. Bot the first time though. Police woman killed from the Libyan embassy years ago was another disgusting affair. 

But aye I thought it was weird that it seemed to have got anywhere beyond the media making a stir. Perhaps a dishonesty aspect more than the actual drug taking? 

Just attempts to discredit I guess. 

Like the hacks bringing it up anyway won’t be mad for the old nose candy👃🏼

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I see that Blue River has provided a response which is far more likely to be based in fact than my own but I'd have said that these details will matter very little to the goons and ghouls who infest Twitter trying to stir up any amount of shit they can on Hazza and Mezza to make their lives as unpleasant and unbearable as possible.

jack D and coke
58 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I see that Blue River has provided a response which is far more likely to be based in fact than my own but I'd have said that these details will matter very little to the goons and ghouls who infest Twitter trying to stir up any amount of shit they can on Hazza and Mezza to make their lives as unpleasant and unbearable as possible.

Oh absolutely man yeah. 
People are truly weird when led on by the media to think that it’s all ok. 
Fair play to Harry for not just shrinking away from it.
The messier it gets the better imo.

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Oh absolutely man yeah. 
People are truly weird when led on by the media to think that it’s all ok. 
Fair play to Harry for not just shrinking away from it.
The messier it gets the better imo.

What annoys me the most is that socials seem to turn everything into black and white. You're either Team Sussex or Team Windsor (or whatever) when as with most things, there's nuance.

I think Harry is an attention seeking arse with some things and a decent bloke with others. But twitter you have to either think he's a ***** or think he's amazing with no nuance. 

We'll see what comes from that Visa hearing but I'm hoping all get told to away and ram it. 

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

What annoys me the most is that socials seem to turn everything into black and white. You're either Team Sussex or Team Windsor (or whatever) when as with most things, there's nuance.

I think Harry is an attention seeking arse with some things and a decent bloke with others. But twitter you have to either think he's a ***** or think he's amazing with no nuance. 

We'll see what comes from that Visa hearing but I'm hoping all get told to away and ram it. 

Absolutely everything is like this now I agree.
There are no shades of grey anymore. 

Personally it’s Piers Morgan I’d like to get his trousers pulled down in public over this. 
He’s went way over the top. 
Pardon the expression. 

The Mighty Thor
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

🤷🏽‍♂️😂

Once ran over by his own vehicle.

Forgot about that 😂

What an absolute fud. 

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Forgot about that 😂

What an absolute fud. 

Thankfully wasn't a motor home...

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Thankfully wasn't a motor home...

Pretty decent effort at shoehorning another shite SNP bad gag into an unrelated thread. 

6/10

il Duce McTarkin
9 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Forgot about that 😂

What an absolute fud. 

Loved an eccie or two iirc.

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Pretty decent effort at shoehorning another shite SNP bad gag into an unrelated thread. 

6/10

I never mentioned the SNP. 

A motor home is bigger than a car. Could have been a far worse accident.

😉 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I never mentioned the SNP. 

A motor home is bigger than a car. Could have been a far worse accident.

😉

To be fair running yourself over is a pretty unique achievement. 

Thunder and Lightning
4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yes, it does take a number of elements to come together to create such a stupid event. 😂 

Like millions of people voting tory. 

The Mighty Thor
19 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Like millions of people voting tory. 

No that's like running yourself over for a second time

8 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

His handbrake failed will parked on a hilly driveway. A bit unfair to mock someone who nearly died. Unless it's a Tory Minister, I'll drive the car myself.

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

His handbrake failed will parked on a hilly driveway. A bit unfair to mock someone who nearly died.

He was apparently trying to spew out his moving Mercedes after eating 3 large baked potatoes with tuna mayonnaise and cheese and fell out going under the wheels. 

:muggy:

highlandjambo3
18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

His handbrake failed will parked on a hilly driveway. A bit unfair to mock someone who nearly died. Unless it's a Tory Minister, I'll drive the car myself.

FYI……..handbrakes are notoriously unsafe and, the driving test of many countries includes turning the steering wheel into the kerb just before you stop, this allows the kerb to jam the wheel should the handbrake fail.