• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Nucky Thompson

• jambopilms

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

He's more likely to have boosted their popularity rather than bring them down

Would disagree with that. Most numbers show blind support for the royals before eventually shifting away, rather than the other way round. The royal family have continued to grow less and less popular for decades now.

Doctor FinnBarr
36 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm watching a couple of thousand of them singing about them right now on my TV.

It's 2023. 

😂

FFS, its still 1690

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

FFS, its still 1690

Royalist and Loyalist aren't the same thing.

Two kings fought in 1690, the deposed James II and his successor William III

il Duce McTarkin
12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No surrender, Nucky.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

As has been mentioned a number of times already, just because you don't like the horrible self obsessed victim Harry and Megan, doesn't automatically mean you love the royals.

On the other hand there is a number on this thread who don't like the royals so automatically love Harry and Megan despite being completely Royal, rich and over priveliged when it suited them.

The title of the book sums up the real problems behind the scenes for the pair of them, would not and could not accept not being number 1. That was only ever a problem when she arrived got her massive wedding, got world wide fame but realised she wasn't too dog. Harry grew up knowing where he was in the line and got far more freedom because of it.

Why are you getting so upset about people you don’t know who have on the face of it no influence in your life? 

1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

He is ginger, that's enough reason to dislike him. 

He has no soul. 

:getout:

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

True.

Both are ***** all the same. 

New Town Loafer

He's more likely to have boosted their popularity rather than bring them down

That’s precisely what he’s done. He’s also turned himself from the most liked royal to the most hated.

Nice one, Harold.

SectionDJambo

The outrage felt by the British people will be reflected in the lack of sales of the book in the UK. Naturally, hardly anyone will buy it out of loyalty to the Royal Family.

But there again…….

periodictabledancer

They are. 

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

They are. 

They're not.

Do you think all those Royal oldies in middle England know the politics of Northern Ireland and the west of Scotland?

My old dear loved the Queen and royal family, but never had a clue what happened in 1690 

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They're not.

Do you think all those Royal oldies in middle England know the politics of Northern Ireland and the west of Scotland?

My old dear loved the Queen and royal family, but never had a clue what happened in 1690 

Is that the best you can come up with?:10900:

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

73894A69-98C8-440F-90FF-00618DE982DF.jpeg

Eyes front! nope, they'll never take a tellin...FFS! socks n sandals...Kicked ***k out of recent modern armies mind...:sweeet:

Edited by OBE

periodictabledancer
38 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They're not.

When it comes down to it , they're UJ  flag shaggers and the crown and the union for them are indistinguishable.

I've no idea why you go back to 1690.

Loyalism is simply blind loyalty to the crown. 

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

As has been mentioned a number of times already, just because you don't like the horrible self obsessed victim Harry and Megan, doesn't automatically mean you love the royals.

On the other hand there is a number on this thread who don't like the royals so automatically love Harry and Megan despite being completely Royal, rich and over priveliged when it suited them.

The title of the book sums up the real problems behind the scenes for the pair of them, would not and could not accept not being number 1. That was only ever a problem when she arrived got her massive wedding, got world wide fame but realised she wasn't too dog. Harry grew up knowing where he was in the line and got far more freedom because of it.

So now you're ignoring responses to your own posts to continue the same nonsense. 

It's not the "number on this thread" that matters for you. You don't like what H has to say. It's quite simple. 

the posh bit

They're not.

What do you think Loyalists are loyal to? 

Nucky Thompson
41 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

When it comes down to it , they're UJ  flag shaggers and the crown and the union for them are indistinguishable.

I've no idea why you go back to 1690.

Loyalism is simply blind loyalty to the crown. 

I was quoting someone who mentioned 1690 when referring to royalists.

periodictabledancer
4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I was quoting someone who mentioned 1690 when referring to royalists.

And the rest of my post ? 

Harry and Meghan =Independence snp left wing

Charlie and Wills=unionist labour/tory 

This threads political divide.

Hilarious stuff.

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

And the rest of my post ? 

I agree that Loyalists will also support the crown, but on the other hand most normal people who support the monarchy will not have a clue about Loyalism.

Lone Striker
43 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

What do you think Loyalists are loyal to? 

My guess would be the historic anti-Catholic position represented by the  King/Queen of the day.  Or perhaps the "perceived" representation of it.    In the modern era of fading religous relevance, its basically an outdated term to describe anti-Catholic bigots in NI & greater Weegieland.   

The late Queen made several visits to Ireland & the USA  in which she seemed quite happy to be seen alongside  senior Catholic clergy, and met several Popes.   Personally, I hope "loyalists"  suffered dangerously high blood pressure  seeing  Her Maj displaying modern courtesy and tolerance.

Why are we arguing about nonsense like this anyway ?

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

My guess would be the historic anti-Catholic position represented by the  King/Queen of the day.  Or perhaps the "perceived" representation of it.    In the modern era of fading religous relevance, its basically an outdated term to describe anti-Catholic bigots in NI & greater Weegieland.   

The late Queen made several visits to Ireland & the USA  in which she seemed quite happy to be seen alongside  senior Catholic clergy, and met several Popes.   Personally, I hope "loyalists"  suffered dangerously high blood pressure  seeing  Her Maj displaying modern courtesy and tolerance.

good posting.

periodictabledancer
30 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I agree that Loyalists will also support the crown, but on the other hand most normal people who support the monarchy will not have a clue about Loyalism.

They will - they just don't realise it.

Loyalism is royalism (and vice versa) : it's the attachment to all things British in an unthinking an unblinking way. 

But I'm happy to listen to your description of loyalism and why it's not royalism. 

3 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

They will - they just don't realise it.

Loyalism is royalism (and vice versa) : it's the attachment to all things British in an unthinking an unblinking way. 

But I'm happy to listen to your description of loyalism and why it's not royalism. 

A royalist in England will be completely different from one in Northern Ireland or the West of Scotland. 

the posh bit
23 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Fair enough. 

Agree re. the blood pressure stuff btw 🤞

Prince Harry questions official version of Princess Diana's death...Go Harry/Henry, go find the truth son...⚖️⚔️

Edited by OBE

10 hours ago, OBE said:

William has Diana's looks, but I bet, Harry is grateful for Diana's balls...

Yeah. Bet Diana would be delighted her sons are at each other throats in full gaze of the whole world. 

periodictabledancer
47 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

A royalist in England will be completely different from one in Northern Ireland or the West of Scotland. 

Which you can't possibly know. 

And that is not what I asked. 

Edited by periodictabledancer

jack D and coke
34 minutes ago, OBE said:

Prince Harry questions official version of Princess Diana's death...Go Harry/Henry, go find the truth son...⚖️⚔️

That’s absolutely fantastic :lol: 

36 minutes ago, OBE said:

Because he drove at over 100 mph over the bump in the Paris tunnel and didn't flip his car over. 

42 minutes ago, OBE said:

Kerrching!!

It's almost as if he has a book to publicise.

Selling stories of your own family for financial gain, scumbag behaviour in any walk of life. Did megs dad not do the same around the wedding and they tried to shut it down. Then spent months keeping letters out of the public eye.

Edited by jambopilms

23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah. Bet Diana would be delighted her sons are at each other throats in full gaze of the whole world. 

Tiz healthy that they're not singing from the same hymn sheet...Harry has ripped up the Royal rule book (I wonder why?), he has dissented...like Mother, like Son...way-to-go!

45 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Because he drove at over 100 mph over the bump in the Paris tunnel and didn't flip his car over. 

Allegedly was driven, not drove...:thumb:

43 minutes ago, Ked said:

Exactly.

Playing the Diana card is desperate and tasteless.

Bit like Harry's wife.

Diana should still be the right side of the turf. Wonder who put Diana in your tasteless playing pack?

Doctor FinnBarr
6 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They're not.

My late mum (with dementia) could shout "no surrender". No sure she knew we had a Queen.

Seaside Dave

Loyalist and royalist here. Proud of it proud to be British aswell. Although im one of the one who leaves that at home when it comes to sport. Like im sure someone does who is the opposite and is a republican and non royalist. We're all hearts together whatever religion, skin, meat eaters. Vegans, alcohol, non alcohol. We're all hearts **** the Hibs 

5 hours ago, Ked said:

Exactly.

Playing the Diana card is desperate and tasteless.

Bit like Harry's wife.

Wee Jake doesn't like the black lassie. Wee Jake didn't like Obama and his wife either. 🤔

2 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Loyalist and royalist here. Proud of it proud to be British aswell. Although im one of the one who leaves that at home when it comes to sport. Like im sure someone does who is the opposite and is a republican and non royalist. We're all hearts together whatever religion, skin, meat eaters. Vegans, alcohol, non alcohol. We're all hearts **** the Hibs 

Traitors to Scotland. Anyone from Scotland who says they are PROUD to be British needs emptied from our very country. This is Scotland. 

Don't worry, we will never forget what you did for your country. :hang:

Edited by ri Alban

17 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Imagine the outcry if H  was pissing money away like this -

The financials for Prince William and Kate Middleton’s contentious Caribbean tour have been revealed, showing that the couple burned through more than C$350,000 in travel alone.

The details were published Thursday in the Sovereign Grant report, the Royal Family’s annual financial document. The trip, which took place over eight days in March,      was the most expensive         of all tours taken by members of the Royal Family in the last fiscal year. 

Just for comparison
Liz Truss took a private plane to Australia for £500k just for some Instagram photies

Prince Harry: The 60 Minutes Interview

Prince Harry and Anderson Cooper speak in the royal’s first American television interview about his new memoir, “Spare.”

Love to see the royalists/loyalists seething. 'Mon the 'Arry. 

A full implosion of the monarchy would be delightful.

He loves the 'Heir and the Spare' line.

I promised I wouldn't watch it, but I did.  I don't get how he now claims he didn't accuse the Royal Family of being racist in the Oprah interview, which he 100% did!

He also thinks a family fall out, his brother getting on his tits, and his wife not fitting into a traditional family is exclusive to him, it's every single family.  

If I turned up with a non-British bride my Grandparents would have been cocking it up all the time, it was bad enough when they found out my wife was a vegetarian ffs.

"We hate the media, to hear why, watch the Oprah interview, watch the ITV interview, watch the USA interview, buy the book and watch the Netflix series".

He rocks up to see his dead gran with a Netflix camera and is sent on his way, they knew one of them would be selling the details of that moment in time.

I like the hierarchy of the Royal Family, which is weird, as I hate everything about the elite and the parasites of Westminster and the Royal Family - but Deid Liz, King Charlie, William, Kate and even Sophie, I'm totally cool with.

Harry and Megan, I do fear for him and them given what he has said recently on the Taliban.  I cannot believe nobody advised him against that for the safety of him and his family.

16 hours ago, Fenwick said:

Would disagree with that. Most numbers show blind support for the royals before eventually shifting away, rather than the other way round. The royal family have continued to grow less and less popular for decades now.

Correct answer, fact fans.

Nucky Thompson
43 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

To be fair, I can't see anybody seething :lol:

Nucky Thompson
45 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

double

Edited by Nucky Thompson

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

To be fair, I can't see anybody seething :lol:

To be fair, you wouldn't, being blinded by the red mist and all.

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

To be fair, you wouldn't, being blinded by the red mist and all.

If thinking that folk are raging makes you feel better, on you go mate :biggrin2: