Harry and Meghan

ri Alban

52 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Anyone parting with cash or willing to invest the time required to actually read this book is a bit of a tit, tbf. 

Exactly. It'll be in bargain books for 99p in no time. That's where I get all my door stops and bbq lighters.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Nucky Thompson

• jambopilms

57 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

In all seriousness would most people not get it from Amazon or whatever?
Who stands in a queue anymore, for anything?

I didnt catch the name on LBC but someone saying it was their biggest pre-order for years. 
Not that I care btw :lol: 

Absolutely, most folks will probably just have ordered it online, It'll be an international best seller, sell by the truck load and make the publishers a bucket load of money, I have no doubts about that.

24 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Exactly. It'll be in bargain books for 99p in no time. That's where I get all my door stops and bbq lighters.

It'll be reduced price on eBay by the end of the week.

19 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I imagine there'll be a paint-by-numbers special edition for the hardcore royalists. Y'know, the ones who were crying when Lizzy Saxe-Coburg died.

I'd have thought it would be the special firelighter edition for the diehard royalists, don't think they are too keen on this book.

jack D and coke

Anyway enough Harry hating get those guns turned back to trade unions, train drivers and postal workers, nurses etc. 

The British establishment demands that from you🇬🇧

15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Anyway enough Harry hating get those guns turned back to trade unions, train drivers and postal workers, nurses etc. 

The British establishment demands that from you🇬🇧

On the same day as Harry's book release, the government will introduce legislation in parliament aimed against strikers.

Surely just a coincidence...

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

On the same day as Harry's book release, the government will introduce legislation in parliament aimed against strikers.

Surely just a coincidence...

Haha why of course.
Don’t look here look at that over there :lol: 

On 09/01/2023 at 04:21, ri Alban said:

Traitors to Scotland. Anyone from Scotland who says they are PROUD to be British needs emptied from our very country. This is Scotland. 

Don't worry, we will never forget what you did for your country. :hang:

On 09/01/2023 at 10:20, Seaside Dave said:

Im Not from Scotland mate 

:rofl: 

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I didnt catch the name on LBC but someone saying it was their biggest pre-order for years. 

There was that wifey in Edinburgh that had queued 7 times to see the Queen lying in state. Can imagine her staying up all night to secure the first copy.

jack D and coke
Just now, Japan Jambo said:

There was that wifey in Edinburgh that had queued 7 times to see the Queen lying in state. Can imagine her staying up all night to secure the first copy.

What an absolute ghoul she seemed. 
7 copies for her aye. 

periodictabledancer
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

"Waterstones says Prince Harry's book has been one of its "biggest pre-order titles for a decade".

There's some real weirdos on here revelling in the "non sale" of a book none of us are ever going to read. 

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

"Waterstones says Prince Harry's book has been one of its "biggest pre-order titles for a decade".

There's some real weirdos on here revelling in the "non sale" of a book none of us are ever going to read. 

Yeah I thought it would then but I didn’t quite catch the name. 
Netflix said the tv show none of us will watch was a huge success too sadly :lol: 

2 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Which made the Sky News report from outside one branch of Waterstones in London all the stranger, especially when they reported that there was one person in the queue and that there were more media present than customers.  Who knows Sky might have driven around looking for the smallest queue they could find, or it might simply have been that most people ordered the book online and will get it delivered today or will collect it at their leisure throughout the day.

periodictabledancer
21 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Which made the Sky News report from outside one branch of Waterstones in London all the stranger, especially when they reported that there was one person in the queue and that there were more media present than customers.  Who knows Sky might have driven around looking for the smallest queue they could find, or it might simply have been that most people ordered the book online and will get it delivered today or will collect it at their leisure throughout the day.

Nucky Thompson
14 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

:rofl::rofl:It's all members of the press swarming around the 1st guy to buy the book.

It's fecking hilarious :lol::lol:

19 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

I seen that clip this morning, wasn't Talk TV that I seen it on, could have been the BBC.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I seen that clip this morning, wasn't Talk TV that I seen it on, could have been the BBC.

It's a WH Smith at a major transport hub. Folk buying food and newspapers.

How many folk have books in their hands?

The majority in that video are members of the press :biggrin2:

il Duce McTarkin
12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

One customer in Edinburgh, with loads of press waiting on the 'rush'

Lone shopper at deserted Edinburgh Waterstones as Prince Harry's Spare already half price - Edinburgh Live

You should nip in and pick one up yourself, Nucky. Get your mug on the telly. 

Mind and have your address printed on your jacket so the admiring ladies know where to post their knickers to. 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Mind and have your address printed on your jacket so the admiring ladies know where to post their knickers to. 

Bolt :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

:D

That thing you do

Ive officially tipped over from keep this going it will be a laugh watching the Royals being dragged into the gutter into FFS just stop going on about it, sadly just as Harold went on Tonight and started wandering roond with Bodyguards packing glocks.

This Harry vs the UK Press will go on and on. The only thing Ive taken from that I can 100% believe is Camilla being a bit a dragon behind the scenes. That and Kate being a bitch and a half.  William too looks like hed sacrifice animals on an altar to protect the Monarchy and his "destiny". Och well, so much for Fab 4 and modern Royalty.

Im switching off from it though, someone PM me if the whole thing implodes!

On the Canadian version of Amazon, the book was listed at $47 yesterday.  Today it's $31.

Absurdly high price.

Nucky Thompson

The accuracy of the book is being called into question already.

Harry said that he got a call at Eton on a nice sunny day to say that the Queen mother had died, when in fact he was skiing in Switzerland with Charles and William.

Maybe it was one of the days that he was on the ganja 

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Harry said that he got a call at Eton on a nice sunny day to say that the Queen mother had died, when in fact he was skiing in Switzerland with Charles and William.

Always amuses me how these books recall conversations which happened decades ago in great detail, as if we are expected to believe that the writer has remembered the exact words and phrases used.

Edited by Sooperstar

periodictabledancer
10 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's a WH Smith at a major transport hub. Folk buying food and newspapers.

How many folk have books in their hands?

The majority in that video are members of the press :biggrin2:

Jeeze, the smell of desperation.:facepalm:

periodictabledancer
4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

"it was his first public appearance after admitting to smoking cannabis and drinking underage, BBC reported at the time."

The weirdo obsessives are out in force now. 

Boy's clearly going off his chump.  He's drooling about how the media have lied about his words re killing the 25 Talibani.  Taken out of context,  blah blah.  His words are "not dangerous" but the media spin is dangerous to his family.

Absolute nonsense.  It's a clear signal that not all his dogs are barking that he refuses to take ownership of the responsibility for that information becoming public.  He included it in his book ffs.  Semantics about context mean very little here.  It was his choice to publicise this.

He's got the chubbiest of chubs on about the media.  Fine.  The remedy is to get out of the media's glare.  He wont change the media.  He has no god given right to be able to anyway.

Go away.  **** off.  Protect your family.

Edited by Victorian

Apparently the book is expected to sell in the millions and perhaps even break memoir records. Obama set a record in 2020 when his memoir 'A Promised Land' sold 890,000 copies in the US on it's first day of release and 3.3 million in it's first month.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tonifitzgerald/2023/01/10/spare-book-sales-how-many-copies-will-prince-harrys-new-memoir-sell/?sh=2bf7ecfe7b99

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Apparently the book is expected to sell in the millions and perhaps even break memoir records. Obama set a record in 2020 when his memoir 'A Promised Land' sold 890,000 copies in the US on it's first day of release and 3.3 million in it's first month.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tonifitzgerald/2023/01/10/spare-book-sales-how-many-copies-will-prince-harrys-new-memoir-sell/?sh=2bf7ecfe7b99

Do people in the States look at the Royals as being superior like some of the muppets in the UK?

jack D and coke
28 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

But, but, but some daft British news program showed nobody in a queue outside some bookshoap??

How does it work likes??

31 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Do people in the States look at the Royals as being superior like some of the muppets in the UK?

I don't think they see them as superior, rather something along the lines of a type of ultimate celebrity they don't have an equivalent of.   

14 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There's something about an Xbox that he got for his 13th birthday in 1997 two weeks after Diana had died and remembers being told by an Aunt that it was Diana whom had actually bought it for him.

Only slight problem is the Xbox didn't come out until 2001 seemingly, 4 years after his mother had died.

Harry does admit that his memory of this particular event is hazy and he could have got it wrong.

Well if he thought it might be wrong, why include it in the book in the first place but more importantly it opens up the question of are there any other 'memories' which Harry thinks he remembers but may in fact be false memories.

That sort of thing is not uncommon in someone who has suffered severe mental turmoil.

16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

But, but, but some daft British news program showed nobody in a queue outside some bookshoap??

How does it work likes??

Total book sales, including hardcover, audio and e-books editions, were around 400,000 copies in the United Kingdom during its first day, making it the country's fastest-selling non-fiction book ever.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't think they see them as superior, rather something along the lines of a type of ultimate celebrity they don't have an equivalent of.   

Sounds about right.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Boy's clearly going off his chump.  He's drooling about how the media have lied about his words re killing the 25 Talibani.  Taken out of context,  blah blah.  His words are "not dangerous" but the media spin is dangerous to his family.

Absolute nonsense.  It's a clear signal that not all his dogs are barking that he refuses to take ownership of the responsibility for that information becoming public.  He included it in his book ffs.  Semantics about context mean very little here.  It was his choice to publicise this.

He's got the chubbiest of chubs on about the media.  Fine.  The remedy is to get out of the media's glare.  He wont change the media.  He has no god given right to be able to anyway.

Go away.  **** off.  Protect your family.

Aye, but at least he's getting it up the gammons likesy lolz 

Nucky Thompson
18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

How does it work likes??

How many copies did you buy?

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Total book sales, including hardcover, audio and e-books editions, were around 400,000 copies in the United Kingdom during its first day, making it the country's fastest-selling non-fiction book ever.

It'll probably be one of the biggest selling books worldwide of all time, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Fantastic stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

How many copies did you buy?

I’ve little interest tbh pal. 
Im extremely interested in how much it rips the jimmy’s of the dafty royal lovers tho😄

It’s absolutely magnificent. 

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There's something about an Xbox that he got for his 13th birthday in 1997 two weeks after Diana had died and remembers being told by an Aunt that it was Diana whom had actually bought it for him.

Only slight problem is the Xbox didn't come out until 2001 seemingly, 4 years after his mother had died.

Harry does admit that his memory of this particular event is hazy and he could have got it wrong.

Well if he thought it might be wrong, why include it in the book in the first place but more importantly it opens up the question of are there any other 'memories' which Harry thinks he remembers but may in fact be false memories.

That sort of thing is not uncommon in someone who has suffered severe mental turmoil.

The guy is off his rocker. Big spoiled brat.

He's obsessed with the British tabloids 

He's got an easy scapegoat in Camilla, the woman his Pa was riding behind his Mummy's back

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Fantastic stuff. 

I’ve little interest tbh pal. 
Im extremely interested in how much it rips the jimmy’s of the dafty royal lovers tho😄

It’s absolutely magnificent. 

Whatever gets you through the day :rofl:

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Whatever gets you through the day :rofl:

Well exactly. In these trying times this kind of stuff amuses me no end😀

Incidentally the “I killed 25 taliban” stories getting torn to bits as well now. 
The filth Brit media were boasting about it 10 years ago :lol: all over their front pages yet for some reason they don’t like it now though?! 
Keep it coming for me there’s literally no enough eggs for the royal lovers coupons atm. 
Fabby😀

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The guy is off his rocker. Big spoiled brat.

He's got an easy scapegoat in Camilla, the woman his Pa was riding behind his Mummy's back

I think it's as clear as day that the guy has some serious mental health issues, which I do really hope he can find the right help with.