The Hearts Ultras ( merged )

No Idle Talk

1 minute ago, the posh bit said:

Fair enough about not wanting them too close to the away fans. 

Since we're being rude now, please don't be surprised if hundreds of folk who have bought the same seat for years get angry when asked to go move to accommodate something that's been going for about 15 minutes and is about 15 years behind their peers. 

Same seat for years change is good lol.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Wee Mikey

• been here before

• This is My Story Podcast

6 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Since we're being rude now, please don't be surprised if hundreds of folk who have bought the same seat for years get angry when asked to go move to accommodate something that's been going for about 15 minutes and is about 15 years behind their peers. 

Hmmm ... I'm not picking up on anyone being 'rude'.

"Getting angry"? You're making that up.

Speculation from someone who is possibly old-before-their-time type post.

Och, c'mOAN, the posh bit! Have you not felt the better atmosphere recently?

It's even having an effect on where I sit, and that's saying something!

As anyone who travelled to Dingwall will testify, the atmosphere was superb. What's more, the players (and management team) heard it, felt it, responded to it, and appreciated it.

It really does make a difference.

So, rather than look for negatives, how about dropping the '... been going for 15 minutes and is about 15 years behind their peers' guff; look for positives, and give the younger ones your backing?

Before long, I'll be 6' under, along with a whole heap of other auld gits, and it's these younger ones who'll then be (I imagine) in the 'posh' seats and hopefully cheering along with their youngsters.

I'm pretty confident that most 'older' folks will be more than happy to get on board with whatever arrangements the club make as regards accommodating the enthusiastic young ones.

❤️❤️G❤️

1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

I'd be pissed off if I had owned a season ticket in a section of the stadium for a lengthy number of years and was told to move because a newly formed  group of the young team wanted to get it going. It seems to be popular but why can't the have it in section N with all the heid-the-baws? 

Club probably happy to have yhr young team at Gorgie end (which we traditionally shoot towards in the second half) rather than in either Section G or N which are closer to away fans. 

Just now, Wee Mikey said:

As anyone who travelled to Dingwall will testify, the atmosphere was superb. What's more, the players (and management team) heard it, felt it, responded to it, and appreciated it.

So, rather than look for negatives, how about dropping the '... been going for 15 minutes and is about 15 years behind their peers' guff; look for positives, and give the younger ones your backing?

Before long, I'll be 6' under, along with a whole heap of other auld gits, and it's these younger ones who'll then be (I imagine) in the 'posh' seats and hopefully cheering along with their youngsters.

I'm pretty confident that most 'older' folks will be more than happy to get on board with whatever arrangements the club make as regards accommodating the enthusiastic young ones.

❤️❤️G❤️

I'm not looking for negatives. Good luck to them. The atmosphere certainly has been great. 

Just don't expect folk to move sections without making a fuss that I think they would be well entitled to make.

Massive improvement to the atmosphere recently and although I'm about 10y too old to get involved myself I'm 100% behind the group who have got this going. I've followed their socials, donated to their PayPal, and will be ordering a hoody for my wee boy who is absolutely desperate but at 8yo is just a bit too young to go and join in! I'm absolutely loving his passion just now - it has definitely lifted a level since this all started. Think it was Celtic we scored against and when I turned to him to celebrate and he was away down the front giving it laldy with his scarf in the air 😂

Edited by Batistuta87

8 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

I'm not looking for negatives. Good luck to them. The atmosphere certainly has been great. 

Just don't expect folk to move sections without making a fuss that I think they would be well entitled to make.

Prior to the new stand, we were in lower Gorgie right behind the goals and I reckon that there are loads of folks there who would welcome a more boisterous, possibly standing section (should it come to pass).

We only moved so as to bag centre-line seats otherwise we'd still be there because it's a great place for being right on top of goal-mouth action. Before that it was the Willy Bauld suite which was (imho) not nearly as good.

There'll be plenty of decent alternatives should anyone feel the need to move.

Methinks that you really are looking for negatives by invoking the notion of disgruntled fans 'entitled to make a fuss'.

Having said that, we're both speculating so let's just see what transpires.

Bazzas right boot

Should definitely get a section and most folk will move without any issue( won't be many), for those getting all angry about moving seat- I say get a grip

We need a singing section,  the gorgie are doing well and it needs to happen.

Either go with it or go in the huff.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Hopefully we don't have too many auld, moany  folk that try and block this if it happens.

There will be a couple,  always is. Hioefnot enough to put the brakes on this.

Plenty seats. 

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

Interesting you’ve decided to go down the “rude” route when you started off childishly slating those who sit in Section N. Not one I’d have went down myself. 

People can be angry if they want, but if the rumours are true about Hearts offering them higher value seats for the same price elsewhere in the ground, that’s pretty fair. 

20 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Interesting you’ve decided to go down the “rude” route when you started off childishly slating those who sit in Section N. Not one I’d have went down myself. 

People can be angry if they want, but if the rumours are true about Hearts offering them higher value seats for the same price elsewhere in the ground, that’s pretty fair. 

Will be interesting to see how that works in a sold out stadium, if true.  

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

❤️❤️G❤️

Well said. I'm 60 ( birthday was in the Gorgie suite for last seasons Motherwell game) I'd happily still enjoy jumping up and down with the kids. Though I'd struggle to afford the North Face gear and my regular leakages, albeit small amounts, may cause a faint urinary odour not in keeping with the image they wish to portray. 

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Will be interesting to see how that works in a sold out stadium, if true.  

There'll be seats made vacant so it'll be a case of managing the interchange.

For every, and I really mean every sold-out game this season there have been numerous empty seats in our vicinity.

The most recent one? 9 seats within spitting distance.

I honestly don't think that it'll be a big deal.

My honest belief is that the vast majority of lower Gorgie folks would welcome a charged*, possibly sanctioned, standing section.

*I mean atmospherically charged. 😁

Edited by Wee Mikey

9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

There'll be seats made vacant so it'll be a case of managing the interchange.

For every, and I really mean every sold-out game this season there have been numerous empty seats in our vicinity.

The most recent one? 9 seats within spitting distance.

I honestly don't think that it'll be a big deal.

My honest belief is that the vast majority of lower Gorgie folks would welcome a charged*, possibly sanctioned, standing section.

*I mean atmospherically charged. 😁

You are talking about finding groups of seats as well as individual ones.  Interesting challenge but we can await any plans being announced. 

if everyone in Lower N welcomes the section then there will no need to move anyone. 😄

34 minutes ago, edramone said:

Why do Ultras these days choose to wear black? Bring back the 70s white butchers coats I say! Stand out from the rest. Lol

For sure, The Gorgie really should get to grips with their dress-code.

(In all seriousness, I say choose maroon, or nowt, but please eschew this all-black thing as it's pure copy-cat ... plus I often wear all black so don't want to be 'forced' to change, if you know what I mean, and it still irks me that I cannae be seen in public with genuine 1980's jeans ripped through age and years of wear because of trendy teens sporting designer rips) Grrrr. 🤣

Anyhoo, back on topic ... here are two suggestions appealing to both ends of The Gorgie age spectrum.

Mix & match is always an option. 🤭

Screenshot_20221120-144334_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221120-144356_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

All good.

Really made a difference recently.

Prefer the Gorgie as opposed to ultras and they need to stay away from the fenian songs and the union Jacks (which in general they are).

Apart from that Carry on lads, great stuff.

THIS 100% and create a Maroon Wall in the Gorgie Stand and I might even be tempted to swap my ST in Lower T for the full on Gorgie madness that would surely ensue.  Make it happen guys

5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

For sure, The Gorgie really should get to grips with their dress-code.

(In all seriousness, I say choose maroon, or nowt, but please eschew this all-black thing as it's pure copy-cat ... plus I often wear all black so don't want to be 'forced' to change, if you know what I mean, and it still irks me that I cannae be seen in public with genuine 1980's jeans ripped through age and years of wear because of trendy teens sporting designer rips) Grrrr. 🤣

Anyhoo, back on topic ... here are two suggestions appealing to both ends of The Gorgie age spectrum.

Mix & match is always an option. 🤭

Screenshot_20221120-144334_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221120-144356_Gallery.jpg

Option A for me. B is pure weedgie 

1 hour ago, The Gorgie said:

Can't see many folk moaning about being moved to better seats. Lower Gorgie/Roseburn are the cheapest seats for a reason.

Im in bottom roseburn, i would move, or could i be part of it 😀,

Shooter McGavin

Imagine how much more intimidating Tynecastle would be for opposition players if all the lower sections were safe standing, and filled with our most boisterous fans.

Players often talk about how the fans are “right on top of them” due to the close proximity to the pitch, we should be looking to enhance that further.

Also, turning the Gorgie end into our version of Dortmunds “Yellow Wall” 

:sweeet:

7 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Great to have them but ‘ultras’ - that’s nonsense and just reminds me of the huns and tic. 

Get your point, but it's one I'm also willing to live with if it makes such a massive difference to the atmosphere.

AlphonseCapone
7 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Great to have them but ‘ultras’ - that’s nonsense and just reminds me of the huns and tic. 

That just shows your lack of knowledge. 

5 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Guys have only just started it this season and it's already far better than Hibs efforts that have been going for years.Well done to all involved 

Everything we do both on and off the pitch is better than H1b5 efforts. 

2 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Well said. I'm 60 ( birthday was in the Gorgie suite for last seasons Motherwell game) I'd happily still enjoy jumping up and down with the kids. Though I'd struggle to afford the North Face gear and my regular leakages, albeit small amounts, may cause a faint urinary odour not in keeping with the image they wish to portray. 

Tell them it’s a nostalgia thing, a tribute to the auld shed days when everything stank o pish.👍♥️♥️G♥️

gorgierulesapply88

Already people crying in regards to moving seats. It's a ****ing seat, oh but it's got sentimental value...

Naw.

You either want your team to win and enjoy a great match day experience doing so. Or you go eat your prawn sannies buy a bovril and maybe a kebab pie watch us get skudded off livi and go hame crying.

3 hours ago, The Hogfather said:

No one will be forced to move but if you choose to stay in your seat then no point moaning that someone is banging a drum in your lugs for 90 mins.

35 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Tell them it’s a nostalgia thing, a tribute to the auld shed days when everything stank o pish.👍♥️♥️G♥️

As an ode to the shed toilets I'll bring a drip tray full of pish and jumparound jumparound

No sympathy for folk upset about being moved seats when it comes to it - it’s a ****ing seat no a loved one ffs & you don’t have a god given right to sit in it, either

1) get on board with the section

2)suck it up & move areas 

or

3) go in a huff, refuse to renew & someone else will take your place.

Fxxx the SPFL
5 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Stop slavering pish anybody behind the goals will be happy to move apart from getting wet you can’t see feck all up the other end of the pitch will create a brilliant atmosphere away and rattle yer werthers toffees 

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

Stop slavering pish anybody behind the goals will be happy to move apart from getting wet you can’t see feck all up the other end of the pitch will create a brilliant atmosphere away and rattle yer werthers toffees 

Use. Grammar. Please. 

57 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Already people crying in regards to moving seats. It's a ****ing seat, oh but it's got sentimental value...

Naw.

You either want your team to win and enjoy a great match day experience doing so. Or you go eat your prawn sannies buy a bovril and maybe a kebab pie watch us get skudded off livi and go hame crying.

Well yes it might.

I've had the same seat since the Wheatfield was built. 

11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Gonna have a bunch of auld folk singing  " we shall not be moved" at the Gorgie.

Not by Queen Ann,

The Foundation, 

Or The Gorgie, 

We Shall Not Be Moved. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Not by Queen Ann,

The Foundation, 

Or The Gorgie, 

We Shall Not Be Moved. 

Be a real shame if a few auld arseholes spoil this over moving seats.

I am 67 and well remember when Hearts and the Gorgie boys had a really bad rep were very much feared ... well remember George Fraser getting hauled out of the shed for knock F'k out of Rangers supporters be 1972 - 73 i'sh what a F'kn melee and the place was rock'n .

edit  My memory for names may be wrong he lived just across the road from me in Oxgangs he went to watch Hearts one week and Leeds Utd the next ... quite a character 🤣 

Edited by jock _turd

20 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Be a real shame if a few auld arseholes spoil this over moving seats.

Certainly be interesting to see how the club progresses with this 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, the posh bit said:

Certainly be interesting to see how the club progresses with this 

Hopefully get rid of the sweetie rustlers

5 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Is that your best comeback what a desperado 

4 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Hopefully get rid of the sweetie rustlers

You can multiquote on here, mate. 👍

Stupid Sexy Flanders

It's been mentioned but as long as they stay away from the "fenian" bollocks, I'm all for it. That's what did for previous attempts to get something like this on the go. 

At 40, I don't know if I'm too old for joining in, but they've got my backing anyway! 😄

• davemclaren changed the title to The Hearts Ultras ( merged )