The Hearts Ultras ( merged )

No Idle Talk

On 23/11/2022 at 14:55, The Gorgie said:

These thread always end up going the same way. Other than billy boys there isn't any offensive songs. Been going to tynecastle for 25 years and never once heard a racist song, don't know why that keeps getting brought it. Arguing over shit that doesn't even happen.

Before your time, but I'm dreaming of a White Christmas was a bit racist  in the wrong hands!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• This is My Story Podcast

• been here before

• Wee Mikey

On 23/11/2022 at 13:36, Bazzas right boot said:

That makes no sense.

I'll help you out tho, I have sung secterian,  racist and homophobic songs in the past.

However, I am intelligent enough to now know these songs need to stay in the bin.

It's really not that hard.

I am no more ashamed of those fans singing that song as I am of fans throwing bananas at Mark Walters. 

Times change,cultural and social norms evolve. 

Calling a entire support gay in some kind of attempt to slag them is no longer funny, neither is singing about fenians or being racist. 

Feel free to disagree,  but you better have a better argument than what your opening gambit suggests.

At the risk of agreeing with Tosh, this is spot on (only japing Bazza!)

I've sang a couple of naughty ditties.  Went to matches and out drinking with a bunch who were a bit UJ for my own liking and while I never EVER joined in with that side of singing, there were certainly some I look back on and think it was somewhere between peer pressure, the exuberance of youth and simply changed times (late 90s).

The Hibees are gay stuff is funny, the semi in 2006 I was at the game with a couple of gay mates and they were belting it out!!!haha.  The song itself was a laugh on the day, but the issue we have here is very obvious.  Using gay as a derogatory term just imbeds that it's wrong to be gay in our culture, for kids who are the game etc, so it really really isn't acceptable and should be left in the bin.  "It was just a laugh" yup and good humoured as it was, even in that short time, we've moved on and we need to be more sensitive to the fact that something like homosexuality is a complete norm and not something to be used as a put down.  Pretty easy really.

Anyway, reason I came on this thread (ooer!) was to say the Gorgie were amazing at ER last night!!  Loving it, really am.  Never stopped all night.  A wee section of them tried to start Hello Hello and it lasted seconds.  I'm loving their energy.  Only good for the club (if they keep it clean! Just stick to supporting the team, and we're grand)

12 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

When do we get back to ransacking small Scottish towns in the Central Belt?

Scottish Cup, 😐always good for a ransacking or 2.

The Hogfather
10 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

To be fair it mostly gets sung at away games. That doesn't make it right though.

Granted I've missed a couple of away games this season, but this is a falsehood. A couple of idiots may have tried to start it once or twice but it certainly isn't something you'll hear at any Hearts games.

52 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Granted I've missed a couple of away games this season, but this is a falsehood. A couple of idiots may have tried to start it once or twice but it certainly isn't something you'll hear at any Hearts games.

I go to all home games but only about 6 or 7 away games a season. Only place I've ever heard it is on public transport to and from away games. That was bad enough, of course. 

13 hours ago, the posh bit said:

You've been going for 25 years and never heard the 'Edinburgh is Wonderful' ditty? 

I've been going for 25 years too and I haven't heard it sung at a game. Not disputing it might've been aired before, but I've only heard it in the pub or on the train to away games.

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I go to all home games but only about 6 or 7 away games a season. Only place I've ever heard it is on public transport to and from away games. That was bad enough, of course. 

It's an abhorrent song and one, thankfully, that isn't mainstream in any way. Any time I've ever heard it it's been one or two ******s in a pub/public transport and it's died pretty quickly. Anyone suggesting it makes an appearance at away games is lying.

2 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

It's an abhorrent song and one, thankfully, that isn't mainstream in any way. Any time I've ever heard it it's been one or two ******s in a pub/public transport and it's died pretty quickly. Anyone suggesting it makes an appearance at away games is lying.

I despair at anyone singing it tbf. One thing I've noticed recently in our fanbase is an injection of fans at games of different ethnicity, which I think is brilliant. Football still has its issues with racism, and like many clubs we've certainly got a chequered past, but I love that people from all different backgrounds come and support our club and feel a part of it. Really shows we're doing a lot of good off and on the pitch to grow our support.

ScandinavianJambo

The Georgie boys & girls did us proud yesterday in Leith.

Firstly, how amazing for the woman's team to feel & hear what a loud support can be like. 

My 10 year old daughter is still singing songs from yesterday and she got to experience away football in its real essence.

Great job!   

The Hogfather
Just now, Locky said:

I despair at anyone singing it tbf. One thing I've noticed recently in our fanbase is an injection of fans at games of different ethnicity, which I think is brilliant. Football still has its issues with racism, and like many clubs we've certainly got a chequered past, but I love that people from all different backgrounds come and support our club and feel a part of it. Really shows we're doing a lot of good off and on the pitch to grow our support.

Agree with all of this. Big Hearts obviously do a lot of great work with people from all kinds of backgrounds and I hope it translates to people of all kinds of ethnicities feeling welcome at Tynecastle. You'll still get the odd idiot who thinks it's cool to use racial slurs but these tits are a dying breed now.

55 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Agree with all of this. Big Hearts obviously do a lot of great work with people from all kinds of backgrounds and I hope it translates to people of all kinds of ethnicities feeling welcome at Tynecastle. You'll still get the odd idiot who thinks it's cool to use racial slurs but these tits are a dying breed now.

In a city like Edinburgh, it just makes sense to appeal to the masses. I love that we as a proper community club have ran coaching courses to help migrants settle into the city and have seen stuff in the past about giving them tickets. And maybe one day, if these people decide to return to their home countries, we'll see Hearts tops and fans scattered across the World. :) 

gorgierulesapply88
4 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Scottish Cup, 😐always good for a ransacking or 2.

Aye cannae wait for Brora away again... Especially under current management.

1 hour ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Firstly, how amazing for the woman's team to feel & hear what a loud support can be like. 

My 10 year old daughter is still singing songs from yesterday and she got to experience away football in its real essence.

Great job!   

Yup, it was a really good atmosphere. The large(ish) crowd was obviously partly due to the tickets being free.

The H1b5' 'Singing Section' was a tad sparse but oor crew were on song, so well done The Gorgie.

Hearts really should be considering playing women's matches at Tynie. If they were scheduled prior to the men's games then they'd get decent crowds. Could make it some sort of nominal ticket price (e.g. a fiver - or even free if that somehow costed in). I dunno about scheduling issues, but where there is a will, there is a way.

The lower South was full-ish, and the upper no worse than some of our League 🏆 home matches.

Screenshot_20221128-142329_Gallery.jpg

ScandinavianJambo
3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Yup, it was a really good atmosphere. The large(ish) crowd was obviously partly due to the tickets being free.

The H1b5' 'Singing Section' was a tad sparse but oor crew were on song, so well done The Gorgie.

Hearts really should be considering playing women's matches at Tynie. If they were scheduled prior to the men's games then they'd get decent crowds. Could make it some sort of nominal ticket price (e.g. a fiver - or even free if that somehow costed in). I dunno about scheduling issues, but where there is a will, there is a way.

The lower South was full-ish, and the upper no worse than some of our League 🏆 home matches.

Would love to give the woman's team more games at Tyncastle. The journey they are on is nothing but remarkable. Fantastic progress being made and the more support and investment the better they will become. I do wonder if some of our benefactors are particularly supporting this development, as we have seen some great signings this year. Great to see it all coming together 👏 

On 23/11/2022 at 12:40, been here before said:

I really miss being able to invite any women near the pitch to 'get their tits out for the boys'.

The energy that song injected around Tynecastle was palpable.

Especially when they got their tits out 

18 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

To be fair it mostly gets sung at away games. That doesn't make it right though.

I presume you mean in pubs etc, I certainly don't hear it on HeartsTV.  I'd be staggered to hear it sung at a game now when it was never sung at any games I was at 20 years ago.  I can't remember it being sung in Robbos either and lots in there never held back with songs. 

It's as bizarre a song as it is horrific really.  One of the subjects of the hatred just doesn't really exist in any numbers in Edinburgh (no not Hibs! 😉) .  Edinburgh is wonderful except for Hibs, kabaddi, and tornadoes.

On 23/11/2022 at 12:40, been here before said:

I really miss being able to invite any women near the pitch to 'get their tits out for the boys'.

The energy that song injected around Tynecastle was palpable.

Take thee to Newcastle! 🤭

A-Newcastle-fan.jpg

article-1354834-0BDA3136000005DC-827_468x359.jpg

42 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I presume you mean in pubs etc, I certainly don't hear it on HeartsTV.  I'd be staggered to hear it sung at a game now when it was never sung at any games I was at 20 years ago.  I can't remember it being sung in Robbos either and lots in there never held back with songs. 

It's as bizarre a song as it is horrific really.  One of the subjects of the hatred just doesn't really exist in any numbers in Edinburgh (no not Hibs! 😉) .  Edinburgh is wonderful except for Hibs, kabaddi, and tornadoes.

Definitely heard it in Robbos a few times , going back a bit now though

Shit song 

The Hogfather
5 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Considering the amount of use the pitch currently gets, adding another 10-15 games a season on it would have a noticeable effect on how quickly it cuts up. Pass for me.

2 hours ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Would love to give the woman's team more games at Tyncastle. The journey they are on is nothing but remarkable. Fantastic progress being made and the more support and investment the better they will become. I do wonder if some of our benefactors are particularly supporting this development, as we have seen some great signings this year. Great to see it all coming together 👏 

Think it was two seasons ago where Tynecastle was the venue for Hearts Women v  Hibs Women. Tickets were free as well. Would like to see it again soon, at least for the derby

8 hours ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Great job!   

Certainly helped with the atmosphere. 

38 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Considering the amount of use the pitch currently gets, adding another 10-15 games a season on it would have a noticeable effect on how quickly it cuts up. Pass for me.

Our pitch gets used ... once every two weeks on average?

11 hours ago, TheBigO said:

At the risk of agreeing with Tosh, this is spot on (only japing Bazza!)

I've sang a couple of naughty ditties.  Went to matches and out drinking with a bunch who were a bit UJ for my own liking and while I never EVER joined in with that side of singing, there were certainly some I look back on and think it was somewhere between peer pressure, the exuberance of youth and simply changed times (late 90s).

The Hibees are gay stuff is funny, the semi in 2006 I was at the game with a couple of gay mates and they were belting it out!!!haha.  The song itself was a laugh on the day, but the issue we have here is very obvious.  Using gay as a derogatory term just imbeds that it's wrong to be gay in our culture, for kids who are the game etc, so it really really isn't acceptable and should be left in the bin.  "It was just a laugh" yup and good humoured as it was, even in that short time, we've moved on and we need to be more sensitive to the fact that something like homosexuality is a complete norm and not something to be used as a put down.  Pretty easy really.

Anyway, reason I came on this thread (ooer!) was to say the Gorgie were amazing at ER last night!!  Loving it, really am.  Never stopped all night.  A wee section of them tried to start Hello Hello and it lasted seconds.  I'm loving their energy.  Only good for the club (if they keep it clean! Just stick to supporting the team, and we're grand)

The Hibbes are gay song was far from

a “ laugh “ in its day . It was excruciating to listen to if you were in the stadium . An embarrassment. 

SomethingAboutObua

Hell of a difficult task convincing some Hearts fans here not so sing songs associated with sectarianism/Rangers fc for Christ's sake

Would like to see sound and colour brought to the ground but not interested in some sort of green brigade/union bears balaclava wannabes. Is there any sort of comment from the group on their stance on sectarian songs/actions and what they'll do if members engage in that nonsense? 

The Hogfather
11 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Our pitch gets used ... once every two weeks on average?

Players train on it once a week, we’ve got the ladies cup final coming up and Scotland U21s play at Tynecastle too. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Take thee to Newcastle! 🤭

A-Newcastle-fan.jpg

article-1354834-0BDA3136000005DC-827_468x359.jpg

Imagine buying a season ticket and finding yourself next to that. The poor guy on left doesn't look impressed one bit😅

8 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Hell of a difficult task convincing some Hearts fans here not so sing songs associated with sectarianism/Rangers fc for Christ's sake

Would like to see sound and colour brought to the ground but not interested in some sort of green brigade/union bears balaclava wannabes. Is there any sort of comment from the group on their stance on sectarian songs/actions and what they'll do if members engage in that nonsense? 

Hello hello got an airing at the women’s game at ER so don’t hold your breath 

FWIW the atmosphere has improved significantly at reason games so fine with it as long as they cut out the sectarian shite

Edited by Sarajevo5-1

On 28/11/2022 at 09:20, Jingle Bells said:

Before your time, but I'm dreaming of a White Christmas was a bit racist  in the wrong hands!

Used to get sung all the time in the shed (well at Christmas). Never thought about it being in a racist way before. I take it you mean because of "white" as none of the lyrics were changed as far as i can remember...

10 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Some fans will never be convinced whatever happens and are desperate for  "their told you so" moment. As a 60+ old git I wish them well and as an optimist I prefer the example of  the Motherwell young fans group rather than the tired comparison to the bigot brothers.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling

3 hours ago, Sarajevo5-1 said:

Hello hello got an airing at the women’s game at ER so don’t hold your breath 

FWIW the atmosphere has improved significantly at reason games so fine with it as long as they cut out the sectarian shite

A very very brief one and it looked to me it was shit down quickly, hopefully from within the group.

ScandinavianJambo
22 hours ago, Inchgarvie said:

Think it was two seasons ago where Tynecastle was the venue for Hearts Women v  Hibs Women. Tickets were free as well. Would like to see it again soon, at least for the derby

Will be in Feb for the return. Will definitely go 😊

11 hours ago, Sarajevo5-1 said:

Used to get sung all the time in the shed (well at Christmas). Never thought about it being in a racist way before. I take it you mean because of "white" as none of the lyrics were changed as far as i can remember...

Neither did I until a couple of the local banana throwers started bleating on about it, in the boozer recently.

More of a hijacking to their way of thinking, than why the majority of us sung it back then, I would say..

2 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Neither did I until a couple of the local banana throwers started bleating on about it, in the boozer recently.

More of a hijacking to their way of thinking, than why the majority of us sung it back then, I would say..

I never remembered it having a racist angle either. Loved shouting "Bing Bing Bing" at the end. I was a child mind.

gorgierulesapply88
12 hours ago, TheBigO said:

A very very brief one and it looked to me it was shit down quickly, hopefully from within the group.

I have nae issue with folk who do either versions, i've got mates who use both. Not something i'd start moping and crying about tho. I hope those who heard it text the grass-line tho...

4 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

I have nae issue with folk who do either versions, i've got mates who use both. Not something i'd start moping and crying about tho. I hope those who heard it text the grass-line tho...

Good for you

5 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

This is where things start to deteriorate eh . 99 per cent of the folk commenting are supportive of the Gorgie and praising their performance . One person mentions The Gorgie Boys song , and still most say they think its a good song for ramping up the defiance ect with the only caveat being dropping the sectarian lyrics ……………. then in you tumble with the grass line shite . Good one mate 

On 28/11/2022 at 10:42, The Hogfather said:

I’ve also never heard it sung outside of a couple of arseholes in a pub pre away game, never ever in a stadium

The Hogfather
7 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Time for you to step away from this thread. The vast majority are in support of what they're trying to do and you're just undermining the good feelings with nonsense about grass lines and giving players abuse because you think they lied about racism. Give it a rest.

25 minutes ago, Barack said:

Is that Wullie making a...well...a wullie of it (himself)again?

Is that Gorgieroolsapply ? If so then yes . Trying to stir up divisions that do not exist 

Edited by Sooks

Shooter McGavin
3 hours ago, The Hogfather said:

Time for you to step away from this thread. The vast majority are in support of what they're trying to do and you're just undermining the good feelings with nonsense about grass lines and giving players abuse because you think they lied about racism. Give it a rest.

This.

He’s coming across like the weirdo in the pub, who everybody tries to avoid.

”Aye very good, enjoy your night mate”

50 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

I see the Gorgie Ultras website is now re-stocked with gear. 

Screenshot_20221130_120222.jpg

A few of us in section C are joining in the fun by forming a Gorgie Intras group. We'll be selling some nice cardigans and slippers soon.  🇱🇻

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A few of us in section C are joining in the fun by forming a Gorgie Intras group. We'll be selling some nice cardigans and slippers soon.  🇱🇻

Yas ! Hearts tartan slippers obviously 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You'll be facing The Main Stand Moderates. It'll be like a gentlemanly Section G vs Section N with much nodding in approval of jolly good moves and appreciative hand-clapping.

15 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

You'll be facing The Main Stand Moderates. It'll be like a gentlemanly Section G vs Section N with much nodding in approval of jolly good moves and appreciative hand-clapping.

The PR Pirates are going to out sing the lot of you . Im going to start bringing a tuba 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The PR Pirates are going to out sing the lot of you . Im going to start bringing a tuba 

Time to dust off the PR version of "Hullo". Could very well be enhanced with a tuba.

Jambo, Bonsoir,

We are the Gorgie Chaps.

Sushi, and prawns,

And spicy veggie wraps.

We drink Champagne and cocktails too,

Martinis IF THEY'RE DRY.

We are the Jambo Gorgie Chaps.

• davemclaren changed the title to The Hearts Ultras ( merged )