• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• This is My Story Podcast

• been here before

• Wee Mikey

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

You must have been ashamed of the 23000 Jambos belting that out Tosh. You wouldn't have though as 1) You dont go to games outside Gorgie and 2) You are not homophobic like the majority of the Hearts support

That makes no sense.

I'll help you out tho, I have sung secterian,  racist and homophobic songs in the past.

However, I am intelligent enough to now know these songs need to stay in the bin.

It's really not that hard.

I am no more ashamed of those fans singing that song as I am of fans throwing bananas at Mark Walters. 

Times change,cultural and social norms evolve. 

Calling a entire support gay in some kind of attempt to slag them is no longer funny, neither is singing about fenians or being racist. 

Feel free to disagree,  but you better have a better argument than what your opening gambit suggests.

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

That makes no sense.

I'll help you out tho, I have sung secterian,  racist and homophobic songs in the past.

However, I am intelligent enough to now know these songs need to stay in the bin.

It's really not that hard.

I am no more ashamed of those fans singing that song as I am of fans throwing bananas at Mark Walters. 

Times change,cultural and social norms evolve. 

Calling a entire support gay in some kind of attempt to slag them is no longer funny, neither is singing about fenians or being racist. 

Feel free to disagree,  but you better have a better argument than what your opening gambit suggests.

Revisionism is what it's called, glad you agree people should be allowed to change and learn from mistakes. I'm sure the Gorgie will make a few, just hope they arent jumped on by folk waiting on them putting a foot wrong.

Neverforgetfiveone
On 20/11/2022 at 02:16, No Idle Talk said:

I'm 47yo so I'm a wee bit auld for the ultras scene. I've observed this scene happening at Celtic and Rangers over the last few years and, frankly, thought it was all a bit wank. I've felt it was wank because I remember being at Tynecastle in the 80's and the atmosphere was tremendous. No ultras. Just Hearts fans.

I suppose times move on. The atmosphere at Tynecastle for your average home fixture against St Mirren, Ross County, Kilmarnock etc isn't always what it could be. So I'm slowly coming around to the way of thinking that this 'Ultras' movement isn't a bad thing. I'd rather have some ultras giving it beans than Tynecastle being a bit of a morgue on match day. 

It's probably a generational thing. I just think fans should turn up and sing songs without the need for an 'ultra' movement. But maybe those days have gone?

Respect to the young crew who love the Jambos enough to jump up and down and sing for 90mins non stop. I love that and we need that energy.

Just curious to know what people's thoughts in general are on this subject?

I’m not a kick in the arse behind you age wise and I remember the atmosphere being rocking - probably with a bit of nostalgia blinkering my memory lol.

One thing I do think that would help is to get hospitality moved out of the centre of the Gorgie stand and into the Wheatfield or Main stands somehow.

I’m not sure of the logistics or the economics of that but I’m sure both could be looked at. Perhaps they already have. Obviously the Gorgie suite holds a big hospitality event on matchdays so working that out might be a head scratcher.

What I’d like to see though is the Gorgie stand becoming like a Kop end, lots of banners and flags, the main driver behind pushing the team on! 

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Revisionism is what it's called, glad you agree people should be allowed to change and learn from mistakes. I'm sure the Gorgie will make a few, just hope they arent jumped on by folk waiting on them putting a foot wrong.

It's really not called revisionism. 

You've made that up.

The rules and indeed the law on racist,  secterian,  honophobic and sexist behaviour is now clear.

If they sing, for example  secterian or racist songs they deserve to be jumped on by the club and fellow fans.

It's not wanted. That will ne made clear.

Tbh, I'm unsure of your point.

Is it that its OK to sing these songs, if not, what is it?

Tbf, they seem to be doing a good job and seem to have more sense than many on here. 

These thread always end up going the same way. Other than billy boys there isn't any offensive songs. Been going to tynecastle for 25 years and never once heard a racist song, don't know why that keeps getting brought it. Arguing over shit that doesn't even happen.

gorgierulesapply88

Goncalves got a mouthful from me against Livi. For being a liar, imagine branding your own fans racist.

Not to mention when Budge banned A hearts fan for hearsay. The grass-line will need to hire more staff!

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, The Gorgie said:

These thread always end up going the same way. Other than billy boys there isn't any offensive songs. Been going to tynecastle for 25 years and never once heard a racist song, don't know why that keeps getting brought it. Arguing over shit that doesn't even happen.

You've never heard the "Edinburgh is wonderful" song?

I've heard it sung.

6 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Goncalves got a mouthful from me against Livi. For being a liar, imagine branding your own fans racist.

Not to mention when Budge banned A hearts fan for hearsay. The grass-line will need to hire more staff!

There are no racist Hearts fans?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

There are no racist Hearts fans?

It is quite a sweeping statement he's made.

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I've heard it sung.

Inside tynecastle, no.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Just as well you gave him a mouthful. 

Although maybe you're the liar here.

He thinks the opposite from what you claim.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-fans-are-not-racist-isma-goncalves-opens-up-on-tynecastle-abuse-and-returning-to-scottish-football-with-livingston-3754150

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, The Gorgie said:

Inside tynecastle, no.

Well, I've sung it in Tynecastle , but maybe closer to 30 years ago. 

So it has been sung at Tynecastle in the past. 

Off topic tho, as long as the ultras continue the good work and avoid such songs, it's all good by me.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Well, I've sung it in Tynecastle , but maybe closer to 30 years ago. 

So it has been sung at Tynecastle in the past. 

Off topic tho, as long as the ultras continue the good work and avoid such songs, it's all good by me.

I've no doubt it was sung in the past, along with other stuff. My point was it's never sung now and really has no relevance to the Gorgie Ultras. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I've heard it sung.

Heard it in Robbos, never the ground.  Pedantic I know. 

gorgierulesapply88
6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Just as well you gave him a mouthful. 

Although maybe you're the liar here.

He thinks the opposite from what you claim.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-fans-are-not-racist-isma-goncalves-opens-up-on-tynecastle-abuse-and-returning-to-scottish-football-with-livingston-3754150

And that's the reason he got a mouthful, he's a spiteful liar. He was called shite from various sections of the Hearts support. And rightly so.

gorgierulesapply88
6 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Heard it in Robbos, never the ground.  Pedantic I know. 

Millwall away too. What a trip that was!

Shooter McGavin

Time to get this thread back on track…

Singing section - yes,

Safe standing - yes,

Full lower Gorgie end - yes.

Review the demand at regular intervals, and if necessary, slowly grow it to the rest of the Gorgie stand to create the “Gorgie Wall”.

A fully safe-standing Gorgie end that’s bouncing, with a drum and plenty flags would be a thing of beauty.

15 hours ago, The Gorgie said:

I've no doubt it was sung in the past, along with other stuff. My point was it's never sung now and really has no relevance to the Gorgie Ultras. 

Correct

15 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

What exactly does that have to do with the topic of this thread?

Byyy The Light
47 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Singing section - yes,

Safe standing - yes,

Review the demand at regular intervals, and if necessary, slowly grow it to the rest of the Gorgie stand to create the “Gorgie Wall”.

A fully safe-standing Gorgie end that’s bouncing, with a drum and plenty flags would be a thing of beauty.

With a supporters bar under the stadium somewhere that can fit about 1000 people in it.  Get the staff walking about with those tanks of beer on their backs dishing out the pints.  Big long tables and benches like at the darts running the length of the room. Big screen. Flags, pictures, scarves all over the walls. DJ getting the tunes on until the drummer dusts off his sticks about 2.30pm.

Magic.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

And that's the reason he got a mouthful, he's a spiteful liar. He was called shite from various sections of the Hearts support. And rightly so.

You cannot state for fact that an individual or group did not abuse his wife.

He also never branded Hearts fans racists as you claim, he said it was a couple of individuals.

I cannot say for fact it was true, but I believe him over you.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

TBF, the discussion was about keeping sectarian, homophobic and racist songs away and if the ultras do that all is good. 

He has gone of on one tho in regards to Goncalves.

2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

With a supporters bar under the stadium somewhere that can fit about 1000 people in it.  Get the staff walking about with those tanks of beer on their backs dishing out the pints.  Big long tables and benches like at the darts running the length of the room. Big screen. Flags, pictures, scarves all over the walls. DJ getting the tunes on until the drummer dusts off his sticks about 2.30pm.

Magic.

🥸

2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Magic.

Time to clear out the pointy shoe brigade and turn The Gorgie Suite over to The Gorgie.

Sorted.

5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Time to clear out the pointy shoe brigade and turn The Gorgie Suite over to The Gorgie.

Sorted.

The lost income might be an issue. 🥸

Just now, davemclaren said:

The lost income might be an issue. 🥸

Or perhaps not, having been in the Roo Bar the other day. £10:40 for 2 pints.

The Hogfather
18 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

He's not a liar, it happened at Firhill in 2017 after he'd been sent off. Someone used a racial slur towards him and his family were nearby. I was a few rows behind it when it happened.

Edited by The Hogfather

gorgierulesapply88
4 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Read the comments above you'll figure.

Neverforgetfiveone
5 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Singing section - yes,

Safe standing - yes,

Good shout 👍🏼

3 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Read the comments above you'll figure.

I’ve read them & being bitter at Isma Goncalves still has absolutely nothing to do with the Gorgie Ultras 😂

Montgomery Brewster
12 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Magic.

Great idea 👍🏻

Just now, Byyy The Light said:

Dave, what your wee emoji mean?

No idea really but it sums up my mood at the time. I suppose I feel it represents a sense of puzzlement  😄

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

No idea really but it sums up my mood at the time. I suppose I feel it represents a sense of puzzlement  😄

Fair enough. Bash on 🥸

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Well, I did try to get the thread back on track…

:vrface:

Is there any point? Most people on here are ancient and won't be involved. 

10 minutes ago, pablo said:

Is there any point? Most people on here are ancient and won't be involved. 

Don't be so sure you young whippersnapper. :wink:

42 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Some effort again for the Gorgie Ultras today at the womens game. Really need to continue to grow this 

They won the singing. 🎶🎵🎶

On 23/11/2022 at 14:55, The Gorgie said:

You've been going for 25 years and never heard the 'Edinburgh is Wonderful' ditty? 

Doctor FinnBarr
42 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

You've been going for 25 years and never heard the 'Edinburgh is Wonderful' ditty? 

To be fair it mostly gets sung at away games. That doesn't make it right though.

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

7 hours ago, the posh bit said:

I've never heard it sung inside tynecastle, I've already said this.

• davemclaren changed the title to The Hearts Ultras ( merged )