***Offishul Qatar World Cup 2022 Thread***

Cade

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Group B is going to be fun for drama. NGL, I think northerly European teams are going to struggle mightily with the heat, and several of the bigger South American teams won't be fully used to it either. The Italians will probably be the least impacted but even so.

I don't have a huge amount of love for this USA team but I'll give it the half-hearted heave-ho. We're better than we've been for a bit but I don't even think we're as good as the old Donovan/Dempsey teams, even though Pulisic is pretty unarguably our best player ever. I'd love to see an African team like Senegal or a Colombia or Mexico have a deep run and maybe even hoist the cup.

And, of course, wishing the Aussies all the best!

Italians will be about as impacted as Scotland are.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, OBE said:

Wonder what else the Royal family will ban just before a baws kicked in seriousness...got a bad feeling about this Qatar WC...🫣

they have done this and forced fifa to start the WC a day early so that qatar were in the opneing game

22 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

A75BDBD0-2C90-4C53-A908-3212A88DC487.thumb.jpeg.28b19f1153ce2968e47b2e46edc2962a.jpeg

they have now deleted that tweet

58 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Suspect they never had any intention of allowing alcohol anyway.

My thoughts as well. Looks like you can still get bevvies if you are able to afford $19,000 for a corporate package though 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Qatar authorities have been more confident recently, pushing back against migrant deaths and human rights concerns. 

Be interesting how they respond to Qatar getting knocked out. 

Will be interesting to see how they deal with some fans there. 

I'm not looking at any particular fan base. Just wondering. 

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_67bcbb4c-6a7a-11e8-996c-7589300f03c9.jpg

40 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

they have done this and forced fifa to start the WC a day early so that qatar were in the opneing game

they have now deleted that tweet

Appreciated...👍

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Surely folk can enjoy World Cup without having to drink alcohol 

:interehjrling:

ToadKiller Dog

No booze bans for the corporate areas so the big wigs are alright .

Fifa will have to return the 60m they were given in booze sponsorship I imagine .

MarkDevriesScores4
5 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Fifa will have to return the 60m they were given in booze sponsorship I imagine .

Yeah, I suspect Budweiser’s lawyers will be all over this. Would really love them to pull their sponsorship but I think it’s more likely they’ll be reimbursed with a yacht and a luxury apartment block 

11 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

yep the hosiptality tickets that started at £19k per seat are still allowed alcohol, that no doubt will also include all the blazers

Finally a step in the right direction for Qatar's human rights reforms, no one allowed to drink Budweiser 

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No one has to drink alcohol, but having the choice to do so or not is so beautifully civilised...⚖️   

Edited by OBE

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Oh great, the ::troll:: is back.

36 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Im not lucky enough to be going, but if i was this news wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Their main task will be to ensure there is enough water available under the hot conditions. 

Dennis Denuto

This isn't about beer or alcohol at grounds it is about power and control - what we are now able to see clearly is the the Qatari Royal Family are no running this WC, not FIFA.

4 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

This isn't about beer or alcohol at grounds it is about power and control - what we are now able to see clearly is the the Qatari Royal Family are no running this WC, not FIFA.

Maybe they are sick of foreign pricks running their society down. And said feck it and feck you all. This is our country and we'll not change it for any corrupt western society, that is destroying itself. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Maybe they are sick of foreign pricks running their society down. And said feck it and feck you all. This is our country and we'll not change it for any corrupt western society, that is destroying itself. 

But if you pay $19,000 for a corporate deal you can drink until your heart is content. So they are willing to change it aren’t they!!!! 

3 hours ago, GBJambo said:

Brilliant! 😀

Oh good mair shite from these two. I nearly makes you want England to win, just to stop these two exploiting and  shut them up.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

But if you pay $19,000 for a corporate deal you can drink until your heart is content. So they are willing to change it aren’t they!!!! 

Sounds similar to Scotland.

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Why hold a world cup then? You know the parameters of what is expected and nobody is thinking the local population (only about 10% of the population incidentally) will be chugging beer bongs prior to the games.

If you can't stand the thought of football fans drinking beer then you should throw your name in the hat to hold the world cup. 

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You said they wouldn't change for any western corrupt society, but they obviously have as long as you are willing to pay top dollar. 

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You said they wouldn't change for any western corrupt society, but they obviously have as long as you are willing to pay top dollar. 

We'll see.

Non alcoholic Budweiser is all people will have. I'd they can't go 10 minutes without a drink. Alkies.  

There'll be plenty of countries who don't have a problem with this, btw. Or their stance of the alphabet brigade.

13 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

Why hold a world cup then? You know the parameters of what is expected and nobody is thinking the local population (only about 10% of the population incidentally) will be chugging beer bongs prior to the games.

If you can't stand the thought of football fans drinking beer then you should throw your name in the hat to hold the world cup. 

I have it on good authority that they've put in a bid to steal the rights of Oktoberfest from Germany.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

We'll see.

Non alcoholic Budweiser is all people will have. I'd they can't go 10 minutes without a drink. Alkies.  

There'll be plenty of countries who don't have a problem with this, btw. Or their stance of the alphabet brigade. 

Third paragraph. Well done on your last sentence btw🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Screenshot_20221118_161149_com.android.chrome_edit_105130125401666.jpg

Migrant security guards are claiming to being paid 35p an hour and being housed in unsanitary tented camps on the edge of the desert.

348 hours a month on duty. With one day off.

So 29 days in a row on 12 hour shifts.

:cornette_dog:

Edited by Cade

Jeffros Furios
38 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'd ban weegies from drinking .

Inbred filth ! 

24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The effect of the beer ban at stadiums is late arrival to games. 

Good luck managing the crowds. 

Unlikely to be rushing from the pub tho 

5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Italians will be about as impacted as Scotland are.

No way this should be allowed to pass without a doff of the cap! 

Dennis Denuto
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

You are defending a country where it is illegal to be raped!! If you can't provide 4 male witnesses of the act of penetration that testify it was rape then you are convicted of ruining the man's reputation  - 100 lashes and 7 years for that - unless you marry them. This applies to visitors too BTW.

It is a horrible place and the WC should not be there.

Edited by Dennis Denuto

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Migrant security guards are claiming to being paid 35p an hour and being housed in unsanitary tented camps on the edge of the desert.

Humans are horrible *******s. 

The quicker we get this nuclear war on the go and get a chance to reset the better. 

We can then spend the next 2,000 years working  out what went wrong before repeating the same mistakes. 

1 hour ago, Cade said:

A fair few are going to read that and think, whelp I couldn’t get a ticket but there’s my way in sorted.

Argentina for me. Messi now the complete number 10 and he's been on flames this season. With the attacking talent that Argentina have it's going to be difficult for any defence to stop them. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Argentina for me. Messi now the complete number 10 and he's been on flames this season. With the attacking talent that Argentina have it's going to be difficult for any defence to stop them. 

they also have a manager who has properly built a team around him rather than being more a team that was get the ball to messi and try and let him win the game

Naisys Tackle
10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Have a bad feeling they are going to play Di Maria and will depend on him turning up or not.  The boy Man City signed in January looks brilliant though.

Really hope the Argies do it. 

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Offishul Qatar World Cup 2022 Thread***