***Offishul Qatar World Cup 2022 Thread***

Cade

7 minutes ago, CanadianJamTart said:

Haha wait… just catching up on this. Very little coverage of anything World Cup in Canada right now. What on earth is happening?! Are they just faking fans being there?

Nah there's plenty actual fans there but they've paid some migrant dudes to whip up the crowds.

And there's nothing wrong with that, it happens every tournament.

All the half naked models in the stands at every other tournament have been paid actors.

Qatar are just (hilariously) trying to deny it and calling anyone that calls out this obvious lie a racist.

Aye, there's a large Indian community in the England but I'm not sure that Brazil, Argentina and Spain all have large Indian communities and that all these various Indian disapora suddenly decided to all go to Qatar for the World Cup.

It's a joke.

Just say "Aye, we paid people to get the atmosphere going" and everybody would just shrug and not give a shit.

It's the lying that's the problem.

Edited by Cade

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CanadianJamTart
16 minutes ago, Cade said:

Nah there's plenty actual fans there but they've paid some migrant dudes to whip up the crowds.

And there's nothing wrong with that, it happens every tournament.

All the half naked models in the stands at every other tournament have been paid actors.

Qatar are just (hilariously) trying to deny it and calling anyone that calls out this obvious lie a racist.

Aye, there's a large Indian community in the England but I'm not sure that Brazil, Argentina and Spain all have large Indian communities and that all these various Indian disapora suddenly decided to all go to Qatar for the World Cup.

It's a joke.

Just say "Aye, we paid people to get the atmosphere going" and everybody would just shrug and not give a shit.

It's the lying that's the problem.

Ahh that makes total sense. Yeah, exactly - there’s no shame in getting the fans going along and helping out with atmosphere haha

3 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

Honestly the hypocrisy around this World Cup is beyond belief, all this sudden care for migrant workers, every man and they're dog taking the moral high ground..... meanwhile point out the clothes they are wearing, the fabrics in their homes, the take-away coffee they are drinking.....ah but but but but....

And if that doesn't make sense to you then for **** sake waken up and start doing a little research.

I understand the point you are making, it is pretty much impossible to be human without being a hypocrite - but the thing is, every individual needs to decide where to draw the line. I have read various reports going back over a number of years about the situation regarding the construction workers in Qatar and on any analysis it is both appalling and shocking.

As for Infantino's speech, I've not read the full transcript, but the sections I have heard are beyond parody. 

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

benzema potentially out of the world cup

The ultimate cretin in a World Cup held by cretins.   Glad if France win he won't be a part. 

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

The ultimate cretin in a World Cup held by cretins.   Glad if France win he won't be a part. 

:laugh2:

ScandinavianJambo
13 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah I get you mate.  I think we are agreeing just coming from different angles.   Hope both they countries do well too :)

Thanks you and enjoy!

Here we go!
For better or worse, the Qatar World Cup 2022 gets underway today.

I won’t be starting a new thread for each game of the tournament, each day of the tournament or each stage of the tournament because this particular World Cup doesn’t deserve it.
I also won’t be posting pictures of the stadiums because of the many thousands of poorly paid, indentured migrant workers who died during the construction of the feckin things.
I will be starting each day with my usual preview of each game, the teams involved, how they got here, how their recent form is and maybe even a bit about how they play.

First up, as is traditional, are the hosts in the first game of Group A, kicking off at 4pm GMT.

6YZxjkK.png Qatar automatically qualified as host nation.
They’ve played 21 friendlies this year against a wide variety of national sides and football clubs.
They’ve beaten Bulgaria, Ghana and Panama, drawn to Lazio and Fiorentina but lost to Linfield, Croatia U-23s and Canada. So who knows if they’re good or shite?
FIFA rank them as #50 in the world.
Keep an eye out for suspicious betting patterns, strange yellow cards and crazy penalty decisions.
Allegedly, they’ve been awarded a ludicrous amount of penalties in closed-doors friendlies.

rUwHRot.png Ecuador automatically qualified by finishing 4th in the South American qualifying table.
Played 18, won 7, drew 5, lost 6.
The average age of their World Cup squad is just 25, with the new manager having swept out the old guard when he came on board in 2020.
Peru and Chile tried to have them kicked out of this World Cup for fielding an ineligible player, but CAS ruled they could still appear in Qatar and handed them a 3-point penalty for the next World Cup qualifying group instead.
FIFA rank them at #44 in the world.

So both teams are tainted, just in different ways.

12 minutes ago, Cade said:

Here we go!

I won’t be starting a new thread for each game of the tournament, each day of the tournament or each stage of the tournament because this particular World Cup doesn’t deserve it.
I also won’t be posting pictures of the stadiums because of the many thousands of poorly paid, indentured migrant workers who died during the construction of the feckin things.
I will be starting each day with my usual preview of each game, the teams involved, how they got here, how their recent form is and maybe even a bit about how they play.

First up, as is traditional, are the hosts in the first game of Group A, kicking off at 4pm GMT.

They’ve played 21 friendlies this year against a wide variety of national sides and football clubs.
They’ve beaten Bulgaria, Ghana and Panama, drawn to Lazio and Fiorentina but lost to Linfield, Croatia U-23s and Canada. So who knows if they’re good or shite?
Keep an eye out for suspicious betting patterns, strange yellow cards and crazy penalty decisions.
Allegedly, they’ve been awarded a ludicrous amount of penalties in closed-doors friendlies.

rUwHRot.png Ecuador automatically qualified by finishing 4th in the South American qualifying table.
The average age of their World Cup squad is just 25, with the new manager having swept out the old guard when he came on board in 2020.
Peru and Chile tried to have them kicked out of this World Cup for fielding an ineligible player, but CAS ruled they could still appear in Qatar and handed them a 3-point penalty for the next World Cup qualifying group instead.

I must be one of the few on here that have seen Ecuador play.  I saw them beat Poland 2-0 in Gelsenkirchen on the first day of the 2006 WeltMeister. 

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Good news Boyle is out of the World Cup, less money to them.

Pretty shan for any player but it enhances my support of the Socceroos so personally happy. 

15 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

this is well past a joke. whole charade is rotten from head to tail.

No worse than Scots working themselves into a frenzy over the EPL. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

For anyone that is interested the deaths of construction workers started when construction started. I don’t know exact dates but let’s say that was 8 years ago or so. It’s a bit late now for crocodile tears.

So ban alcohol when everybody is arriving , the fans you have paid to support teams they have no connection with you are now not paying them these Qatar ****ers are just ripping the pish and that's not even the evil shit they do.

manaliveits105

Judge Anthony Halpin ordered him to hand over £1,000 to a charity.

"He won't need drinking money over in Qatar," the judge quipped, referring to the World Cup host country’s alcohol ban in stadiums.

well played 😂

49 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

For anyone that is interested the deaths of construction workers started when construction started. I don’t know exact dates but let’s say that was 8 years ago or so. It’s a bit late now for crocodile tears.

It has been in the news for quite some time to be fair. Not to the extent now perhaps but it’s not like this is new information or there was a media blackout prior. 

5 people shot dead and 18 injured in a gay nightclub in the tolerant and next host country of the The USA. 

Edited by ri Alban

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

5 people shot dead and 18 injured in a gay nightclub in the tolerant and next host country of the The USA. 

Fair point to be fair. Religion (ironically) is the devil.

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You should change your username to whataboutry.  

I mean if you want to wilfully misinterpret the difference between individual citizen actions and state-sanctioned punishment for it…by all means carry on. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He’s not even particularly good at it. Total apples and oranges comparison. 

Fitzroy Pointon
3 hours ago, Cade said:

Here we go!

Lost to Linfield :laugh:

17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That is what the western world like to do. Aye but aye but. 

So should America and Mexico host the next WC? Two of the most dangerous places on the planet.

3 hours ago, Cade said:

Here we go!

Cheers.

Ecuador's strength is their weakness. They qualify for World Cups (4 in 6) because of their results at home at high altitude.

But what a massive incentive to knock out the hosts. 

3 hours ago, Cade said:

Here we go!

All Qatar's players play in the Qatar league. It seemed their strategy from 2010 was to get Brazilians to take out Qatari citizenship but I actually think its predominantly a home grown squad. Which is a challenge because of a very small population (90% working migrants).

They have basically been playing closed door friendlies where they've been awarded a lot of penalties. But their record in winning the Asian Cup in 2019 and competing well in the Gold Cup in 2021 says they are decent. 

10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

So should America and Mexico host the next WC? Two of the most dangerous places on the planet.

Strawman. 

North American failures should not and do not detract from highlighting Qatari ones. 

You just seem to like going to bat to defend Qatar for some reason. Maybe a fan of their laws? Who knows. 

That thing you do
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I must be one of the few on here that have seen Ecuador play.  I saw them beat Poland 2-0 in Gelsenkirchen on the first day of the 2006 WeltMeister. 

Ive also seen them play once or twice. Decent team. 

:lol: 

"People are clocking on that we're not genuine fans, maybe we should learn one of their songs to seem more authentic?"

"**** that, let's just learn one line and repeat it over and over"

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

Mein gott!

Ze Germans!

?uuid=4f6f31b1-e363-5ba9-ab02-2e5c4f0a2f

It’s what modern football has dreamed  off for years.

Buckets of cash sloshing around for the administrator’s wallets, fans with zero links to competing teams supporting them , entirely fake 

to be fair to most of those guys- they probably grew up supporting Liverpool/ PSG/ Man City and so on and wearing fake kits around Mumbai or wherever.

26 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Ive also seen them play once or twice. Decent team. 

👍

by the way, your username is one of the best pop songs ever. 

51 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aye because one homophobic nutcase shooting up a gay nightclub in a very secular, multi polar society is the same as a Country ruled by Islamic fascists with laws based on a load of shite from the 7th Century.

The clue there is the fact that Americans have the freedom to have gay nightclubs and I suppose, guns to shoot up a gay nightclub with. Some will argue that if the gay folk had guns, they could have fought back. Some will argue that guns should be banned and that's ok, they are free to have that debate.  

On the other hand in Qatar or, the only one you might have left after being accused of theft over there, it is illegal to be gay. 

Apples and oranges mate, get some sense of perspective. The world's not perfect but our one is infinitely more human than theirs. 

How dare the WC be held in a Muslim country. At least in GB, Europe, and the Americas, we can chose to hate, get drunk and kill people, how dare Qatar not give us these choices. :yadayada:

Just now, ri Alban said:

How dare the WC be held in a Muslim country. At least in GB, Europe, and the Americas, we can chose to hate, get drunk and kill people, how dare Qatar not give us these choices. :yadayada:

Is this some kind of trolling?

Honestly, you cannot see how a tournament should not take place in a country where one in ten of the fans in players could be executed for who they are sexually attracted to?

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:vrface: 

:facepalm:

::facepaw::

facepalm-react.gif

🤦‍♂️