• Mikey1874

• Cade

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will-i-am-a-jambo
On 12/11/2022 at 19:51, Bindy Badgy said:

My plan is to watch through unofficial channels and boycott the sponsors wherever it's feasible. It's impossible for me to boycott VISA but, getting Coke and McDonalds out of my diet is worthwhile for health and ethical reasons.

I've never understood people buying McDonalds, it's not exactly cheap or fast  these days and the food is awful. 

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Am I dick for not being morally outraged enough to actually not watch it? 

Nah you're a dick if you are morally outraged so much that you try to get pubs to not show it or others to not watch it. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Special presentation of squad numbers for England players, from the Prince of Wales. 🤣  

And his face , when Kane gives him a shirt in a bag. :rofl: What is this shite?

Seriously 🤣 A presentation of squad numbers. 😂 :rofl: :wtf:

Edited by ri Alban

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Well said Hugo lloris. 

Says what most of us are thinking, especially the most important part: 

"When we are in France, when we welcome foreigners, we often want them to follow our rules, to respect our culture, and I will do the same when I go to Qatar, quite simply," Lloris said. "I can agree or disagree with their ideas, but I have to show respect."

Naisys Tackle
46 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Special presentation of squad numbers for England players, from the Prince of Wales. 🤣  

Good way of melting the heart of the English nation mate.  Thought it was pretty decent.  The future King clearly loves his fitba and both William and players both seemed starstruck more than anything. 

27 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Good way of melting the heart of the English nation mate.  Thought it was pretty decent.  The future King clearly loves his fitba and both William and players both seemed starstruck more than anything. 

Prince of Wales. Has he ever spoken to them.

31 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

"When we are in France, when we welcome foreigners, we often want them to follow our rules, to respect our culture, and I will do the same when I go to Qatar, quite simply," Lloris said. "I can agree or disagree with their ideas, but I have to show respect."

Enjoy the football. Leave the politics to politicians.

The Black Prince

I suspect there's a good chance of all three Hearts lads playing at the WC.

Rowles would have been first picked before his injury. Atkinson has been mostly picked at RB in recent matches, and Devlin is getting rave reports from Arnold. I can see him playing as a double pivot with Mooy.

Strong chance of HMFC providing over 25% of the Oz NT in any one moment.

Naisys Tackle
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Prince of Wales. Has he ever spoken to them.

Yeah loads of times.  See the last Euros.   The Prince/Next King loves his football. 

Devlin interview on oz tv just now

Unfortunately Boyle still injured from last game for Hibs

...he's massive player for them

...*#@$%* scored a last minute equaliser against us earlier in season...totally undeserved

Ok maybe not last bit 

Onup

TW

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The Prince of Wales - does the ^^^^ know the country he is supposed to be prince of also qualified.

12 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i've seen refuge camps that are more appealing

I humbly suggest not the ones in Ethiopia.

Skivingatwork
7 minutes ago, briever said:

The Prince of Wales - does the ^^^^ know the country he is supposed to be prince of also qualified.

I suspect not, just another example of where the UK/England gets used interchangeably. 

This will be my 15th world Cup since my birth, 14th that I will actually remember 1970 being my first. I can honestly say, it the one I've looked forward to the least.

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Is a football tournament or a gayathon? Maybe if it was the 2nd, Qatar wasn't the best host. But it's a football tournament, so I don't give a feck what the LGBT mob think. Hopefully they are silly enough to do something over there and get a baton shoved up... Wait a minute.  An education on other countries rights not being valid in their country.

I'm starting to agree with this pov

Obviously the laws regarding the LGBT community are prehistoric but football does not need to present itself as a campaign vehicle for the LGBT community.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Enjoy the football. Leave the politics to politicians.

Yep. and everything will be geared towards catching a player out for making remarks on subjects they are ill qualified to comment on. They have tried to go after Hugo Lloris for it and just wait for an American to bring some Southern State thinking to the party. Footballers are generally not the brightest and yet they will be asked questions on huge social issues with the world's media waiting to pounce on the slightest suggestion they are not following the party line.

The hypocrisy of these footballers needs called out. Particularly the England team. 

Wearing rainbow armbands, speaking out against Qatari human rights issues, then scuttle off back to your Middle Eastern backed employer to play in a league full of teams owned and sponsored by these companies, so you can compete to play in the Champions League which yet again backed by  companies from countries with human rights issues. But as long as theyre getting paid enough....

Either they're ok with this influence in football or they're not, but dont pretend to have a stance just for the WC.

MarkDevriesScores4

Hope Natty, Cammy and Kye have been briefed not to hug if they score. Public displays of affection are punishable by imprisonment in Qatar. 🫢

5 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Hope Natty, Cammy and Kye have been briefed not to hug if they score. Public displays of affection are punishable by imprisonment in Qatar. 🫢

I hope they have a gang bang, open a can of 4X and light a doobie just to get it right round the farce that is this competition!

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I hope they have a gang bang, open a can of 4X and light a doobie just to get it right round the farce that is this competition!

Agreed 

The Goalscoring Knee
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

This will be my 15th world Cup since my birth, 14th that I will actually remember 1970 being my first. I can honestly say, it the one I've looked forward to the least.

Same here. It's actually my 16th, as I tapped up midway through Chile but like you Brazil was the first one I watched the games (special trip to the only uncle in the family who had a colour telly!). And like you, this one is the one which ranks lowest in anticipation.

In fact, I'll go one stage further and say I'm struggling to give a monkey's about it, even if there is Hearts representation there.

30 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Same here. It's actually my 16th, as I tapped up midway through Chile but like you Brazil was the first one I watched the games (special trip to the only uncle in the family who had a colour telly!). And like you, this one is the one which ranks lowest in anticipation.

In fact, I'll go one stage further and say I'm struggling to give a monkey's about it, even if there is Hearts representation there.

I understand fully what you mean.

Danish sports journalist team threatened by Qatari security, who attempted to smash up their cameras.

:vrface:

Grovelling apology given after their passes were checked again.

Lots of migrant workers allegedly being paid to pose as fans of various nations.

Qatar claims that they're all proper fans of whatever nation they're claiming to support, and that to claim that they're paid fake fans is racist.

35 minutes ago, Cade said:

Lots of migrant workers allegedly being paid to pose as fans of various nations.

Qatar claims that they're all proper fans of whatever nation they're claiming to support, and that to claim that they're paid fake fans is racist.

This World Cup is bizarre! 

See exhibit A :rofl:

1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

This World Cup is bizarre! 

See exhibit A :rofl:

18 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Certainly a bit different from the norm this world cup...but I quite like that.

Also liking the tents, a world cup in the desert calls for nomadic style accommodation. I reckon I'd quite enjoy it.

The Rishi Sunak factor bringing out the Hindu massive for England

:look:

*yes, there is a significant Indian community in England and many of them are football mad patriots......but very similar looking chaps in Qatar have also been holding parades and events supporting Argentina and Brazil.....

:interehjrling:

Edited by Cade

4 hours ago, Tommy Walker said:

Devlin interview on oz tv just now

Unfortunately Boyle still injured from last game for Hibs

...he's massive player for them

...*#@$%* scored a last minute equaliser against us earlier in season...totally undeserved

Ok maybe not last bit 

Onup

TW

🤣 I so wish the last one was true!

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Certainly a bit different from the norm this world cup...but I quite like that.

Also liking the tents, a world cup in the desert calls for nomadic style accommodation. I reckon I'd quite enjoy it.

You like fake fans?

17 minutes ago, briever said:

You like fake fans?

Fake suggests they're trying to be something authentic. Nothing they're doing in those videos suggests that.

Bit of fun I reckon.

Here's the "Brazil fans"

Qatar-accused-of-Paying-Fake-Fans-for-Wo

And the 100% legit definitely Argentina fans

64557427-11429323-image-a-24_16685026401

Nope, defo not migrant workers being paid to act as fake fans.

No siree.

:kirk:

Y'know, there is absolutely nothing wrong with paying people to do wee dress-up parades to get the party started.

Or like the London Olympics, asking people to volunteer to whip up the crowd.

No problem with that at all.

But when it's this obvious, it's laughable that the Qataris are trying to deny it.

That's the problem here.

Not the paying of people to play a part.

It's the feckin lying.

Edited by Cade

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Here's the "Brazil fans"

Qatar-accused-of-Paying-Fake-Fans-for-Wo

And the 100% legit definitely Argentina fans

64557427-11429323-image-a-24_16685026401

Nope, defo not migrant workers being paid to act as fake fans.

No siree.

:kirk:

That Argentina fan in the top picture must be shitting himself being amongst rival fans.  

ScandinavianJambo
11 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I can watch it and still not accept Qatar's oppression  of the LGBTQ community and extreme mistreatment of workers. The idea that oppression & misstreatmemt is a part of a culture and should be respected is nonsense. 

36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is it possible to watch the matches but still think it should never have been played there and that the regime is despicable? 😎

Of course it is.

Naisys Tackle
20 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

I can watch it and still not accept Qatar's oppression  of the LGBTQ community and extreme mistreatment of workers. The idea that oppression & misstreatmemt is a part of a culture and should be respected is nonsense. 

If you enter another country then you should be expected to respect the laws of that country otherwise don't go. 

Naisys Tackle
56 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is it possible to watch the matches but still think it should never have been played there and that the regime is despicable? 😎

I think the majority of people share that view. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

There is barely a world cup that has happened that you wouldn't have to hold your nose at the behaviour of the hosting country.

Just now, briever said:

There is barely a world cup that has happened that you wouldn't have to hold your nose at the behaviour of the hosting country.

Especially 1966. 😎

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Offishul Qatar World Cup 2022 Thread***