***Offishul Qatar World Cup 2022 Thread***

Cade

.....and now Qatar have slashed the payments promised to the various international fan groups that they were paying to promote the World Cup.

They're only paying for their flights, accommodation and opening game tickets now.

No daily allowance for food, drink or anything else.

:rofl:

Two days before kick-off.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Cade said:

.....and now Qatar have slashed the payments promised to the various international fan groups that they were paying to promote the World Cup.

They're only paying for their flights, accommodation and opening game tickets now.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Good, freeloading bar stewards.

1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

Golden Boot then?

If Argentina are to go all the way then Lautaro Martinez has to be worth a 5er at 22/1

First pick for my dream team.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Offishul Quatar World Cup 2022 Thread***
That thing you do

Ill be following Mexico as when married to a mexican supporting El Tri, respecting Day of the Dead and visiting the mother in law is mandatory.

Mexico should hopefully get out the group and then we will see.

Beat Saudi, draw with poland, draw with the Argies. Argentina usually only beats mexico in knock out rounds

VivaMexico

Edited by That thing you do

57 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

There’s usually a roger milla type who emerges out of the blue and bags a few goals for an unexpected nation, wonder who it will be?

Cammy

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Offishul Qatar World Cup 2022 Thread***
Geoff Kilpatrick

Just to add to the bizarro aspects, Infantino now accuses the West of "hypocrisy" in a speech that is an ode to ****wittery!

ScandinavianJambo
On 18/11/2022 at 09:33, Robbies Tackle said:

Abide and being respectful of the country and it's laws are exactly the same if entering the country.

I don't agree or from afar respect the laws of the country, no.  I wouldn't go there either unless paid a lot of money and if I did I would button my mouth and know its not for me to decide what another country decides is law or I would be in big trouble.

Im also not going to let it ruin what has the potential for me to be the best World Cup ever or since the 80s as all the players are at mid season peak instead of done in come the summer.  That's obviously circumstantial because of the way the tournaments been flatulently awarded. 

Come on Argentina. 

I think we are kind of agreeing lol, but perhaps I am slightly more p** off with the whole thing being awarded to Qatar in the first place. Also, respect has more connotations then abide and in a situation like oppression and death, I believe sentiment matters. 

I am in two about watching the world cup. In the end I probably will, my love of football and all that, but the whole thing definitely feels tarnished. 

I am an underdog lover so the Netherlands (family relations) & for the Aussies to go as far as possible 😁

13 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Just to add to the bizarro aspects, Infantino now accuses the West of "hypocrisy" in a speech that is an ode to ****wittery!

Came on here to see what folk were saying about it. 

Mental. 

Don’t criticise the present because you did bad things in the past is what his pish amounts to. Utter arsepiece of a man. 

Infantino opened by saying: "Today I have strong feelings. Today I feel Qatari, I feel Arab, I feel African, I feel gay, I feel disabled, I feel a migrant worker."

He actually sat down, wrote that, read it back, and thought it sounded good. 

August Landmesser
32 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Mental. 

Don’t criticise the present because you did bad things in the past is what his pish amounts to. Utter arsepiece of a man

Perfectly suited to be head of FIFA then.

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Perfectly suited to be head of FIFA then.

Yep substitute Infantino for Blatter same corrupt bar stewards 

41 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Infantino opened by saying: "Today I have strong feelings. Today I feel Qatari, I feel Arab, I feel African, I feel gay, I feel disabled, I feel a migrant worker."

A dead migrant worker? 

The Real Maroonblood
46 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Mental. 

Don’t criticise the present because you did bad things in the past is what his pish amounts to. Utter arsepiece of a man. 

He’s a slavering erse.

He’ll be getting showered with gifts.

Captain Lithuania
1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Cammy

I would be very surprised if he scores a goal. Don’t even get excited when he has the ball within 20 yards of the goal anymore. His finishing is hopeless. 

Phil D. Corners
59 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Honestly Infantino’s comments are really making me want to boycott the World Cup now. 

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

I think we are kind of agreeing lol, but perhaps I am slightly more p** off with the whole thing being awarded to Qatar in the first place. Also, respect has more connotations then abide and in a situation like oppression and death, I believe sentiment matters. 

I am in two about watching the world cup. In the end I probably will, my love of football and all that, but the whole thing definitely feels tarnished. 

I am an underdog lover so the Netherlands (family relations) & for the Aussies to go as far as possible 😁

Yeah I get you mate.  I think we are agreeing just coming from different angles.   Hope both they countries do well too :)

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Honestly Infantino’s comments are really making me want to boycott the World Cup now. 

Try and separate the football, the countries, the players etc with the corrupt bunch of gangsters that have their name on the tournament. 

I see Bryan Swanson (ex Sky Sports and for an Edinburgh connection ex George Heriots pupil) who is now FIFA Head of Media Relations joined Infantino on the stage to launch a vehement defence of his boss. Swanson is gay and is defending both FIFA’s inclusiveness and Qatar’s willingness to welcome everybody. 

https://www.barrons.com/amp/news/fifa-spokesman-defends-infantino-over-lgbtq-rights-on-eve-of-world-cup-01668854106

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I see Bryan Swanson (ex Sky Sports and for an Edinburgh connection ex George Heriots pupil) who is now FIFA Head of Media Relations joined Infantino on the stage to launch a vehement defence of his boss. Swanson is gay and is defending both FIFA’s inclusiveness and Qatar’s willingness to welcome everybody. 

https://www.barrons.com/amp/news/fifa-spokesman-defends-infantino-over-lgbtq-rights-on-eve-of-world-cup-01668854106

Bf2nrVVXk=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

The more I read about this shitshow the more i am content Scotland are not in it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11446715/Fans-flying-tournament-expect-Qatar-fan-village-185-night-unfinished-shambles.html

Dodgy construction, holes in stadiums, media threatened already

Seems like football stadiums and hotels all over the world. 

Got to be a parody (by the way seems most of the paid fans are from Pakistan - 'looks like an Indian') 

Edited by Mikey1874

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

What's the migrant workers name?

It's just nauseating. They turn everything around to become the victim. This arsehole is just as bad as those who have come before him. It's not racism to laugh at their abysmal and pathetic attempts to pretend groups of foreign migrant workers are the fans of countries who would ordinarily have thousands, sometimes tens of thousands of actual fans at a World Cup. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Got to be a parody (by the way seems most of the paid fans are from Pakistan - 'looks like an Indian') 

1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

The world is ****ed.

These are the types that are in charge. 

It's probably a result for the gay rights movement for FIFA to fine England and Wales. More publicity (Qatar Police just need to avoid harassing and arresting gay fans). 

Edited by Mikey1874

It's already a joke and a shambles and it's not even started yet. 

This is what happens when you go to a country where you need to set your watch back 1000 years. 

I wish they'd just cancel it and play in elsewhere in the summer.

Edited by Cruyff

Bazzas right boot

First WC that I have no interest in and looking forward to it finishing so the football can start again. Never felt like that before.

I will take an interest at some point, Especially if our lads play but it really is a big let down.

Outside all the politics,  the fact that it's in Nov/ Dec is just shite. 

Absolutely jobbies.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

This is a complete farce already.

Infantino needs to be locked away in a padded room.

Utterly bizzaro stuff.

Edited by Cade

53 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

First WC that I have no interest in and looking forward to it finishing so the football can start again. Never felt like that before.

I will take an interest at some point, Especially if our lads play but it really is a big let down.

Absolutely jobbies.

I’m the exact same. I think it’s the time of year coupled with the corruption that led us to this point. I could just about stomach Russia 2018 as they do have footballing infrastructure, but this is a joke and a shambles. 

I do still believe though that if half the European teams cared as much as they say they do about the other issues they’d just boycott it. 

Once the games start it will be okay.

Just got a feeling that the bad publicity for Qatar will continue. They have too much brashness about their lottery win. Just needs their Police to arrest a gay couple. 

ToadKiller Dog

Infantilno  now becomes a dark comedy figure ,this dark political comedy that the WC has become is like a TV show created by the likes of Armando Iannuci .

Utter mentalist happenings. 

You can't not watch it to see what next farce is about to happen.

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

It's already a joke and a shambles and it's not even started yet. 

This is what happens when you go to a country where you need to set your watch back 1000 years. 

I wish they'd just cancel it and play in elsewhere in the summer.

Really? When exactly did we become this bastion of freedom. What happened Gays in 1966? Women's rights? How many top jobs are women in? When did Health and safety get sorted here? What do we do with immigrants? What happens to black people here and in America? Let's no talk about religion either with how we treated Catholics. Northern Ireland? When will they come into the 21st century? 

You can't judge others by what we have finally changed, kicking and screaming. It's the same with the environment, we've used all the pollutants to built our society, but others should stop. Feck off.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Absolutely jobbies.

Could've been worse, though.

I awoke this morning thinking, "I feel like a Hibby." 😉

Naisys Tackle
20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Once the games start it will be okay.

Just got a feeling that the bad publicity for Qatar will continue. They have too much brashness about their lottery win. Just needs their Police to arrest a gay couple. 

Yeah if the sole intention of showcasing the World Cup so it would become a really popular tourist attraction and the ability to host major sports occasions in the future as a legacy then they are kind of going about it the wrong way. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Could've been worse, though.

I awoke this morning thinking, "I feel like a Hibby." 😉

Never knew you had a sister. 

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I’m the exact same. I think it’s the time of year coupled with the corruption that led us to this point. I could just about stomach Russia 2018 as they do have footballing infrastructure, but this is a joke and a shambles. 

I do still believe though that if half the European teams cared as much as they say they do about the other issues they’d just boycott it. 

Yip, I'd have likes them to do this, but that ship has sailed.

9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Never knew you had a sister. 

It would've made a good punch-line to Infantino's intro.

My excuse, of course, is that my gorgeous gal is a Hibby. 🥰

38 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Really? When exactly did we become this bastion of freedom. What happened Gays in 1966? Women's rights? How many top jobs are women in? When did Health and safety get sorted here? What do we do with immigrants? What happens to black people here and in America? Let's no talk about religion either with how we treated Catholics. Northern Ireland? When will they come into the 21st century? 

You can't judge others by what we have finally changed, kicking and screaming. It's the same with the environment, we've used all the pollutants to built our society, but others should stop. Feck off.

Where do you draw the line with that?
Slavery is fine because we used to do it? Our treatment of minority groups in modern times is saintly compared to how a lot of these countries operate. 

I appreciate your overarching point (it’s one I put a lot of stock in although maybe from a different angle) in that a lot of what is taken for granted in the West are often relatively new developments but the answer can’t be to sit back and act like it’s fine either. 

Edit: Although to this end I’d have rather they’d have put their money where their mouths are and boycotted the tournament if they felt so strongly. 

Edited by BlueRiver