• Cade

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Black Prince
18 hours ago, Masonic said:

think a few teams who play in warm humid conditions will do half decent 

Exactly why I don't mind Australia's chances of getting out of a very tough group.

Especially once we unleash Garang Kuol - the Australian Mbappe...

The Black Prince
10 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Australia could almost field a side of players who have played in Scotland

GK

Atkinson Rowles H. Souttar Behich

McGowan Devlin Mooy Irvine

Boyle Cummings

Birighitti is the keeper. Having a miserable time at DU but he's a good player.

11 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Birighitti (GK) plays for Dundee United. There’s your XI 😁

11 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Birighitti is the keeper. Having a miserable time at DU but he's a good player.

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

They've no shame when it comes to making a fast buck. 

I don't think it's FIFA and Qatar who have no shame.

As per usual, I'll be cheering any English loss. Always have. Even friendlies. Can't help it.

The Welsh are also slowly coming into my crosshairs and I'd love to see the Qataris pumped in all their games.

I don't care who wins it but obviously would like to see our Aussie trio called up and do well.

Hopefully we see some controversy, someone with LGBT related celebration or similar. 

On 01/11/2022 at 12:56, Heartsofgold said:

This is the 1st World Cup in my memory that I honestly could not give 2 shits about.

+1.

Reeks from to bottom.

I’m with Eric Cantona on this one. Absolutely everything about this tournament is utterly wrong and the very embodiment of everything that stinks about modern football where money takes precedence over all other considerations. A human rights disaster zone and I understand that the venue stadia have been constructed at the cost of 6,500 lives with migrant workers treated like shit.

ABE of course but other than that, could not give the slightest toss who wins. I do hope Qatar lose all their games by double figures without reply. May their underpants be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels. I will not be wasting 1kWh of electricity or any of my time on this shameful corrupt farce.

Polonia Gorgie

This is the first ever world cup that I can't seem to get up for, it just doesn't smell right. All the corruption and dirty decisions have been awful.

As always it'll be ABE for me. I think the Germans will do alright 

It's going to be a farce of a tournament.

Hopefully so bad that it scares FIFA off from ever letting another deeply corrupt and murderous state host it ever again.

It's damning that so many supporters groups and journalists are accepting the bribes to pretend that Qatar is a lovely place run by lovely people.

Polonia Gorgie

It will never scare FIFA off!! Another disgusting organisation and it's horrible stuff like this that the Olympic committee will remove football as a discipline at the Olympic games just like what's happened to boxing 

32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

In case anyone missed it, Gary Neville is taking the cash from Qatari TV. 

they seemed to go quite easy on him compared to how hard they normally go at people on it

SectionDJambo

I would have thought that the backlash from the English media would have been at extreme levels. This world cup was given to Qatar in preference to England, despite England having a much better case for hosting it. It was said at the time that the English presentation didn't provide the same incentives to the FIFA hierarchy as the Qatar bid allegedly did.

It's too late now for protests and recriminations.  The European associations should have made it clear, years ago, that it was a non starter, certainly when the goalposts got moved and became a winter tournament.

Shooter McGavin

Countries really should have boycotted it, what a message that would have sent. To degrade the World Cup like that would have been a huge watershed moment.

I think I’m the same as many others, I’m actually surprised at how “meh” I feel about the competition this time round.

11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I would have thought that the backlash from the English media would have been at extreme levels. This world cup was given to Qatar in preference to England, despite England having a much better case for hosting it. It was said at the time that the English presentation didn't provide the same incentives to the FIFA hierarchy as the Qatar bid allegedly did.

It's too late now for protests and recriminations.  The European associations should have made it clear, years ago, that it was a non starter, certainly when the goalposts got moved and became a winter tournament.

england did not bid for the 2022 WC, they did bid for the 2018 russia one that they lost.

18 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

I will watch every Qatar match with a packet of Jelly Babies. Every mis placed pass, off with their heads. 

😂

25 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

I will watch every Qatar match with a packet of Jelly Babies. Every mis placed pass, off with their heads. 

:rofl:

The English FA got quite heated and high&mighty about all of this and the endemic corruption.

Then they undermined their own case by asking for their bribes to be refunded.

:rofl:

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

england did not bid for the 2022 WC, they did bid for the 2018 russia one that they lost.

Did they not bid for both, in the hope of getting one of them?

27 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Did they not bid for both, in the hope of getting one of them?

all non european bids were withdrawn from the 2018 bidding and aling with that all european ones for 2022 were removed. in the end australia, japan, south korea, usa and qatar were the final bids for 2022

9 minutes ago, briever said:

For all their billions and big talk that England squad is rather underwhelming.

Imagine going into a world cup with Maguire and Dier at the back.

How Kalvin Phillips made their squad is a disgrace. Toney and Abraham should tell him to bolt , if he gets injuries this weekend. Plus the left back at Tottenham should be there.

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Australia and New Zealand would be a good joint WC.

Wonder how that'd work out for the TV companies and sponsors?

3 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Wonder how that'd work out for the TV companies and sponsors?

I love the through the night Australian sports events. Sydney Olympics and the rugby world cup.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Offishul Qatar World Cup 2022 Thread***